Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And off you go, down the vaping rabbit hole! Your credit card doesn't stand a chance! :p Welcome! :)
And don't I already know that feeling since I upgraded my set up and stopped the stinkies completely my credit card hasn't stood a chance what so ever. Having to keep jiggling the figures but some how always works out.
Just got fed up paying £15-£17 a 30 ml bottle of juice and that the credit card couldn't handle no matter how much I jiggled n wiggled things about.
A little disappointed I couldn't find the vt nic here in the UK tho. Heard so many good things in this thread about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wanted to brag. I had everything on hand for @HeadInClouds Baklava!
View attachment 26901

Really like this recipe with the orange.
Mixed it up last night with the Lemon Cicily. Good, but with the orange it appeals to my taste buds more. Regardless of whether you use orange, lemon or rose, it's nutty, honey'ey, pastry'ey and spicy without being too sweet. Different to what I was expecting at first, as here in Australia the Baklava is usually butter heavy, but delicious in its own right. HIC did it again!

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guys. I am gettin really close to a apple pie witb peach slices juice:) just missing a touch more cinnamon:) but i don't want to add anything else to it. Any ideas? Have fa apple pie in it already but i don't get cinnamon from it

.5% to 1% FW Cinnamon Roll will get you that apple pie cinnamon you're looking for. I used to put ceylon but honnestly, it's not the bakery cinnamon you're looking for in a apple pie !

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hah, I was just down in East Tennessee a couple weeks ago. I could have stopped off at Cherokee on my way over to you. ;)

But I really think my little Pure Vapes sample was bad from the beginning. I wish I could go into details, but I am enjoying messing with some of the extra tips in HICs Sweet Watermelon Juice recipe, but I think I need some fresh bottles of some of these flavors.
I get it. I think I have a few bad ones too. Lime Cold Pressed for one. I never know if it's the flavor that's bad or if I just don't like it. Mine doesn't taste like everyone's description, that's all I know. I have a good bottle of Meringue and now I'm afraid to use it because maybe it's all bad Meringue from here on out. :(

Anyone get a good bottle of Meringue lately?

But yes you could have "swung" by!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Really like this recipe with the orange.
Mixed it up last night with the Lemon Cicily. Good, but with the orange it appeals to my taste buds more. Regardless of whether you use orange, lemon or rose, it's nutty, honey'ey, pastry'ey and spicy without being too sweet. Different to what I was expecting at first, as here in Australia the Baklava is usually butter heavy, but delicious in its own right. HIC did it again!
I went with orange and nut mix in my first batch. I am looking forward to trying rose and walnut in my next and then the American version after that and I'm a cardamom fan, so I want to try working that to but I do think clove might work well. I ordered some Lushington from Stash and I could swear it has a bit of clove in there.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What is the problem with FA's Meringue lately? This is not the first time I'm hearing this. I recently got a bottle (original packaging) but have little experience with the flavor, so I don't really know what to watch out for... er... "taste" out for....

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And don't I already know that feeling since I upgraded my set up and stopped the stinkies completely my credit card hasn't stood a chance what so ever. Having to keep jiggling the figures but some how always works out.
Just got fed up paying £15-£17 a 30 ml bottle of juice and that the credit card couldn't handle no matter how much I jiggled n wiggled things about.
A little disappointed I couldn't find the vt nic here in the UK tho. Heard so many good things in this thread about it.

WARNING. WARNING. Initiate Emergency Spending Protocols! Divert all funds from hardware purchases to DIY purchases, effective immediately!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is the problem with FA's Meringue lately? This is not the first time I'm hearing this. I recently got a bottle (original packaging) but have little experience with the flavor, so I don't really know what to watch out for... er... "taste" out for....
If it tastes like vomit, its a bad bottle. I haven't had any bad Meringue (luckily) so I'm not sure but that description stuck in my mind. HIC talked about it a few pages back. He knows better than I.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If it tastes like vomit, its a bad bottle.

Did you get one like THAT? :eek: I got one bottle of Meringue straight from a vendor that made me go :eek: with the scent of rotten eggs. I had heard others describe it like that and finally understood what they meant. So I'd vote YES that flavors can go south. I had a very old bottle (my fault!) of Tutti Frutty that turned very unpleasant, so that confirmed it.

After receiving the horrible Meringue, I ordered it again from that same source and from many others. No others were like that, but I have still not gotten one like it tasted before early-middle of 2014. It's now gummy-over-browned meringue instead of those light melt-in-your-mouth foamy cookies. It doesn't work in a few of my old recipes; I changed some, gave up on others. I've learned to work with it like it is now; it's better than ever for meringue pie, for malty effects, and often when lots of strong flavors are around it. If I ever find one like their older version, I'll announce it for sure! (If you haven't been using FA a pretty long time, you can just ignore this post.)

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WARNING. WARNING. Initiate Emergency Spending Protocols! Divert all funds from hardware purchases to DIY purchases, effective immediately!
Already did but wat Iv read so far in this thread maybe I should be cutting up the credit card instead of hiding it lol. No more hardware for a while and no more diy purchases till at least next month or that's what I keep telling my self hahaha hoping I'll be content for a few days after I receive it all in next few days.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Already did but wat Iv read so far in this thread maybe I should be cutting up the credit card instead of hiding it lol. No more hardware for a while and no more diy purchases till at least next month or that's what I keep telling my self hahaha hoping I'll be content for a few days after I receive it all in next few days.

Don't worry, after you get up to 70 or 80 flavorings you will only need to order when HIC posts something new.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@mink and @cindycated, Someone recently PIF'd a LOT of items they picked up at the NJ Expo. Vendors were very generous in sharing items with NightOwl and NightOwl explained they were all for a PIF here. A fake beard was in one of the packages, no one else claimed it so I did, lol. I know it's odd for my avatar, especially since I'm female, but a friend decided to make a pic of my avatar and attached a beard, so I've decided to sport it for a bit, because I'm a smart ass. :)

@Artemis, I WISH so badly that I could taste Joy the way you taste it. I was so looking forward to the Gooey Coconut recipe that HIC has. I was so sad, but will still tweak it without Joy, one of these days.
I find it so interesting that so many taste such different flavors in joy. I wonder if any of it has to do mixing at different %'s. I taste funnel cake from the fair.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I get it. I think I have a few bad ones too. Lime Cold Pressed for one. I never know if it's the flavor that's bad or if I just don't like it. Mine doesn't taste like everyone's description, that's all I know. I have a good bottle of Meringue and now I'm afraid to use it because maybe it's all bad Meringue from here on out. :(

But yes you could have "swung" by!

I snagged meringue from ecx about 3 weeks ago.. my bottle is fine.. so is my bilberry.. and I am maybe a hour+ from Cherokee.. :p
I aint tryed vinegar to clean anything as aint needed to and i aint tryed it in my juices i think it change ph levels to make fruits pop rite?
Im now going to order some ph tester strips i read juices ph should be between 4-6 for best taste

happy vaping

if you do a search for vinegar and my name, you will see how adding it to juices works.. :)
right here months ago i made a post on it.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't worry, after you get up to 70 or 80 flavoring a you will only need to order when HIC posts something new.
Well I'm already almost at the half way mark to 70 and that's just my first order. Got quiet a bit of nic base and other stuff to figuring it's much cheaper to buy in bulk and will last me a good while. I'll probably set a monthly limit till Iv got all but most of the tabacos then I'll be a happy bunny.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Meringue smells okay. Little bit eggy, little bit burnt-sugary. It's in one of the new blue-capped bottles, so it must be a recent batch I guess. Puke taste shouldn't be hard to miss, I'll keep my buds peeled for it.

I would like to destroy these blue caps with fire. Who's the brainiac running FA's packaging department?

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Meringue smells okay. Little bit eggy, little bit burnt-sugary. It's in one of the new blue-capped bottles, so it must be a recent batch I guess. Puke taste shouldn't be hard to miss, I'll keep my buds peeled for it.

I would like to destroy these blue caps with fire. Who's the brainiac running FA's packaging department?
It sounds like just a bad batch of Meringue went out and it's all been poured down the drain at this point. Whew.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I find it so interesting that so many taste such different flavors in joy. I wonder if any of it has to do mixing at different %'s. I taste funnel cake from the fair.
I'm anxious to get mine and hoping for funnel cake in my mouth!

Also have Soho on the way. Haven't seen a lot about it but I'm excited to try it as well.

But nothing (and I mean nothing) is going to beat Chicken and Waffles. :eek:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have only tried it in a pretty complex recipe, but I was thinking maybe it could make a nice churro or maybe a cereal base on its way to captain crunch or maybe a cinnamon toast crunch.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you get one like THAT? :eek: I got one bottle of Meringue straight from a vendor that made me go :eek: with the scent of rotten eggs. I had heard others describe it like that and finally understood what they meant. So I'd vote YES that flavors can go south. I had a very old bottle (my fault!) of Tutti Frutty that turned very unpleasant, so that confirmed it.

After receiving the horrible Meringue, I ordered it again from that same source and from many others. No others were like that, but I have still not gotten one like it tasted before early-middle of 2014. It's now gummy-over-browned meringue instead of those light melt-in-your-mouth foamy cookies. It doesn't work in a few of my old recipes; I changed some, gave up on others. I've learned to work with it like it is now; it's better than ever for meringue pie, for malty effects, and often when lots of strong flavors are around it. If I ever find one like their older version, I'll announce it for sure! (If you haven't been using FA a pretty long time, you can just ignore this post.)
As you know Hic, Im so gun-shy of FA Meringue that Ill never order it again. Two bottles, two vendors, both just smell like rotten egg. Moving on...:(

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm reading through the whole thread bit at a time an making notes for future flavours il need. Half hour and I'll be opening the first bottle. Intrigued to see what they all smell and taste like but I think the first will be Irish cream :)

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it didn't go well. Just got a total burnt taste. Going to adjust a few things tomorrow including my coil and try again. I usherly sub ohm but thinking maybe better not to at the moment with the more creamy recipies.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well it didn't go well. Just got a total burnt taste. Going to adjust a few things tomorrow including my coil and try again. I usherly sub ohm but thinking maybe better not to at the moment with the more creamy recipies.

You should be able to vape whatever way you usually do it. It's the same ingredients that are in commercial juices. The flavor will change a bit with different builds and wattages but shouldn't give a total burnt taste.

Stupid question, but you are mixing the flavorings with VG/PG, right?

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using sub tank mini at 0.5 ohms and 20 watts which is what I usherly vape at. I was getting a little taste of the Irish cream on the Inhale but only a hint. On the exhale I was getting a disgusting burnt flavour I have previously tasted vaping a friends dig sweet recipes.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using sub tank mini at 0.5 ohms and 20 watts which is what I usherly vape at. I was getting a little taste of the Irish cream on the Inhale but only a hint. On the exhale I was getting a disgusting burnt flavour I have previously tasted vaping a friends dig sweet recipes.

I would consider 20W on a sub ohm tank to be quite low. I would guess your mix is too thick or just hadn't had enough time to saturate the wick yet.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of people have said that to me but it's how I feel comftable vaping. My liquid was thinner then I usherly vape. I diluted my nic base with 10% distiller water and saturated my wick took a couple of priming tokes set aside for 5 mins and got the burnt taste. I may go for some thing fruity or a drink tomorrow because I have never had a problem vaping those from my friends diy juice and just see how that goes.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A lot of people have said that to me but it's how I feel comftable vaping. My liquid was thinner then I usherly vape. I diluted my nic base with 10% distiller water and saturated my wick took a couple of priming tokes set aside for 5 mins and got the burnt taste. I may go for some thing fruity or a drink tomorrow because I have never had a problem vaping those from my friends diy juice and just see how that goes.

Whatever works for you is the right way to vape so don't worry about that but I don't understand why irish cream would come across totally burnt. Seems like something must be going wrong somewhere. Are you using premixed nic? Got your percentages in the right range?

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a 72mg vg nic base diluted 10% distiller water and plain vg with the Irish cream all worked out by a ejuice calculator I had. Vaping at 6mg nic. I have no clue why it's happening. The fa bottle smells like Irish cream and my nic base and plain vg are odder less

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
heres my mix for the day
get ready its a complex one. You may not have everything on hand so get your credit cards ready

3% FA Black Licorice
.5% FA whiskey

Done

Oh and when your done vaping a tank of that just re wick, you cant get rid of the black licorice taste. Im currently vaping black licorice peach mango its ever so delicious.

Yes i finished the tank of the above reciepe and added in my peach mango mix and now have all 3 mixed its wonderful

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a 72mg vg nic base diluted 10% distiller water and plain vg with the Irish cream all worked out by a ejuice calculator I had. Vaping at 6mg nic. I have no clue why it's happening. The fa bottle smells like Irish cream and my nic base and plain vg are odder less

Probably not the juice or your settings. Are you using the RBA or the pre-built coil? I only get a burnt taste when I underwick. When I overwick (really hard to do with rayon), it usually fixes itself after a couple of hits. Or you might've gotten a bad coil. Or the wick could be choking the juice channels (you could try poking at the channels with a pin). Or you might've accidentally hit it dry and singed the wick and now you're vaping cotton ash (make sure you prime it first - I cover the air hole and suck a couple of times without firing it). Singeing the wick also causes it to be underwicked, which again causes that burnt taste. I've never played with DW in my juice, so dunno - could it also be too much water?

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using the rba but my coils fine. I'm using koh ken do cotton but I could possibly be under wicking but I wouldn't say that's what is affecting it as it only seems to be the deserts and sweet flavours that I have had the burnt taste from and last few days been vaping Pims and mijito with out a single problem. I wick especially for the small juice chanals and rarely have a problem but when I do I know that taste and it's not this one. I always prime then set aside for five mins. I was thinking maybe to much distiller water because of consistency so I will drop it to 5% tomorrow and will also try more cotton. It's weird that in the past it's done it to the creamy flavours but not fruits or drinks. I'm so stuck if I can't get it to work because most of my flavours I purchased are the sweet and creamy ones. It's either strawberry rum brandy or hazelnut for tomorrow's choices to see if I have the same problem. On the up side though my clouds seem bigger then ever :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well if you have a burnt taste change the coil. If its the occ coils take a pin and push it through the cotton. before priming
then prime a new coil with something you are familiar with and put a ml in the tank
vape it til its gone but before the burn taste kicks in from running out of juice. Then try your DIY. It will take several puffs or more to get to the new flavor If it tastes burnt you have something in your mix very messed up. The water could be messing it up.,

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will give all the advice a try tomorrow. Won't be long befor I'm in bed. Could it be that it's just when the distiller water is added to deserts it affects it because I have usherly no problems with other things. That's why I'm going to try some thing different tomorrow to see if it's still just that or if it's all of the flavours now. If it's all of them it's my mixing.
Thanks guys much appreciated.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
another thought
have your friend try your DIY juice in his setup see what it taste slike to him. If he DIY's as well he may be able to figure out the issue.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using the rba but my coils fine. I'm using koh ken do cotton but I could possibly be under wicking but I wouldn't say that's what is affecting it as it only seems to be the deserts and sweet flavours that I have had the burnt taste from and last few days been vaping Pims and mijito with out a single problem. I wick especially for the small juice chanals and rarely have a problem but when I do I know that taste and it's not this one. I always prime then set aside for five mins. I was thinking maybe to much distiller water because of consistency so I will drop it to 5% tomorrow and will also try more cotton. It's weird that in the past it's done it to the creamy flavours but not fruits or drinks. I'm so stuck if I can't get it to work because most of my flavours I purchased are the sweet and creamy ones. It's either strawberry rum brandy or hazelnut for tomorrow's choices to see if I have the same problem. On the up side though my clouds seem bigger then ever :)

You would get a burnt taste if you're underwicking, because what you're tasting is the juice burning on the coil where the wick isn't making contact. You'd notice it most with sweet flavors, because sugar burns really badly to something nasty. ;)

I wonder if it's just too much water though - I vape nothing but uber-sweet dessert flavors at ±20W and get no burnt taste (unless I underwick), but I thin with PG...

Last edited:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow, anyone else try HICs Lychee Pudding yet? Just shake and vape so far, but it is delicious! I can just imagine after a few days these creams mature, maybe the fruits settle a bit and hopefully the cardamom comes out a little more. Mmmmhmm!

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Matp169. He's giving up because him n the misses r having a little one. Would have been handy tho.

Cindycated I will defiantly use more cotton and see how I get on with that I will also reduce the water to and see if it helps. Iv never had any thing but this problem with sweet creamy vapes even with vendor juice so it's possible this is my issue. I'll let you know how I get on later.

Huckleberried I have tried at 0.5 % and at 3% and at both I got the burnt taste.

tedturbine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Joy... made me sad. I hate hate hate that I don't taste it this way!!! I get full on tobacco out of it :(

I am really new to diy mixing and took the plunge thanks to all the excellent advice on here, so many thanks all.

I'm keeping it simple using just FA. So far I like all but one of the ones I've got: Strawberry, Raspberry, Cola and Black Cherry, Citrus mix and Gin but Joy for me is awful. Tried 2% Joy, 2% Strawberry as seen on here but all I could taste was the Joy and it's REALLY not for me. I get a flat warm beer taste.

I've also placed an order with Mama J's for some pre mixed concentrates, which I'm very exited to try.

JonLookAlive

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where do you lovely ladies and gentlemen buy your flavourart sample sizes like 10ml? I use BCV for a lot of things, but I'm trying to see if $4 is about the average per bottle elsewhere. Ready to buy a FA stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
10ml isn't a sample size, it's a purchasable size, as FA is generally 3 times as concentrated as other brands it ends up practically the same as buying 30ml of most other brands. Many places sell 10ml bottles. You can buy direct from FA sites or from a variety of vendors. I'd recommend the following site to start with.

http://mamajsflavorshop.com/

VU Sponsors