Become a Patron!

Evic vt - who's getting one, who has one already?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
something i just thought of... the unit comes with a 1amp usb charging cable... are most mini usb cables rated at 1 amp?

for some reason i feel like most are 2amps. am i going to be able to use the mini usb cables that i have laying around the house?

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you clean titanium (other than spider silk) before using it to vape?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you clean titanium (other than spider silk) before using it to vape?

i would use 99% isopropyl alcohol. or a natural degreaser like Simple Green.

maybe even boiling it would be sufficient...?

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered 24 gauge from rio grande that was acid cleaned/hypoallergenic grade 1 and also got some spider silk from envy

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish my vape budget allowed for some T1 :( I really wanna try it. Anyone wanna trade 26g ni200 for like a foot? I'll give you 3 ft

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish my vape budget allowed for some T1 :( I really wanna try it. Anyone wanna trade 26g ni200 for like a foot? I'll give you 3 ft

As soon as mine arrives, I would be more than happy to send you out some ti wire. They shipped my spider wire out today, so as soon as I get it I will message you and send you out some.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
something i just thought of... the unit comes with a 1amp usb charging cable... are most mini usb cables rated at 1 amp?

for some reason i feel like most are 2amps. am i going to be able to use the mini usb cables that i have laying around the house?

Its not the cable thats 1amp, its the wall charger they give you. You don't need to use it. You can use an iPad wall charger which is 2amp, or a usb wall hub or anything else that gives a usb cable power. The device will only pull whatever its rated for. So if its set to charge no higher than 1amp, even if you plug it into a wall adapter thats 3amp, it will only draw 1amp

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is supposedly 99.5% pure and it specialty cleaned for vaping. To be grade 1, the wire doesn't have to be 99.5% pure. I've seen 95% pure titanium wire labeled as grade 1. The grade also refers to how soft and malleable it is and that's determined by the purity.

For me, d rather be safe than sorry. The etsy site doesn't list how pure it is, so I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get the spider silk

i was checking out the etsy sellers titanium listing again and found this...

"Titanium is an inert metal and therefore hypoallergenic; recommended even for the most sensitive skin. This is not an alloy. The TitaniumI use is Custom drawn Commercially Pure Grade #1 Titanium specially acid cleaned for jewelry applications. (ASTM-F67 rating which is: Standard Specification for Unalloyed Titanium, for Surgical Implant Applications (UNS R50250, UNS R50400, UNS R50550, UNS R50700)"

specifically interesting was the part about being rated for surgical implant applications. what do you think? i only ask because I already have some. i experimented with it on a mech mod, but after making my first coil to test things i was scared off by the white/yellow oxidation that quickly formed when the Ti gets too hot. and Ti oxidation is bad news. so im hoping the temp limiting will keep this from happening. or should i start with nickel?

those who have used both nickel and titanium... what do you prefer and why?

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
New to temp control I was starting to kinda dial in on this vape settings wise tried my kayfun on the evic hit good twice then nothing so. I switched back to the matching tank and no matter what temp or wattage I set it says temp protection switched the ego tank to invader and fires fine any ideas?

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eciggity has the black back in stock btw

Heh, tempted to order one with priority mail since it's looking like Vapenw still didn't get my package out going in to day 3.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
specifically interesting was the part about being rated for surgical implant applications. what do you think? i only ask because I already have some. i experimented with it on a mech mod, but after making my first coil to test things i was scared off by the white/yellow oxidation that quickly formed when the Ti gets too hot. and Ti oxidation is bad news. so im hoping the temp limiting will keep this from happening. or should i start with nickel?

The Ti I have and have used successfully is the Spider Silk by Envy 26g. When I rewicked while solving my spontaneous power mode dilemma, I found no notable oxidation.

I read up on this jewelry Ti after the link was posted here. Based on the description, I decided to order in 24, 26 and 28. When it arrives, I will inspect, clean and probably try it on for fit. To be fair, I'm probably one of the least risk averse folks you'll converse with online. Hell, I ride motorcycles without suiting up in power ranger costumes.

Regarding Ni v. Ti ... I don't have a fair answer, but I will tell you I chose the Evic VT as my entry level TL Mod because the Ti option is supported. So, Ti gets my vote. I did spend about 5 minutes with a Ni200 coil in one of my Subtank Minis, but I wasn't particularly impressed.

New to temp control I was starting to kinda dial in on this vape settings wise tried my kayfun on the evic hit good twice then nothing so. I switched back to the matching tank and no matter what temp or wattage I set it says temp protection switched the ego tank to invader and fires fine any ideas?

Well, if you are not inhaling, you're going to see temp protection. It means that your coil is over the temperature you have selected. The airflow from your inhale and the juice being wicked both provide a cooling effect. The Evic VT will do what it can within the wattage and temperature max's you set to maintain the temperature you set.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know about the 510 on this, is it self adjusting? I am assuming it is but just can't find an answer anywhere and I looked and even watched a few vids on it.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know about the 510 on this, is it self adjusting? I am assuming it is but just can't find an answer anywhere and I looked and even watched a few vids on it.

It is spring loaded. And, the spring has some balls. Limited range, but it has been enough to make solid contact with everything.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is spring loaded. And, the spring has some balls. Limited range, but it has been enough to make solid contact with everything.
Thanks! One last question before I pull the trigger on this baby, does the express battery kit come with the charger? I am not sure an extra 20 bucks is worth getting just the tank but if it means a charger and a tank I might just go for the kit.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i was checking out the etsy sellers titanium listing again and found this...

"Titanium is an inert metal and therefore hypoallergenic; recommended even for the most sensitive skin. This is not an alloy. The TitaniumI use is Custom drawn Commercially Pure Grade #1 Titanium specially acid cleaned for jewelry applications. (ASTM-F67 rating which is: Standard Specification for Unalloyed Titanium, for Surgical Implant Applications (UNS R50250, UNS R50400, UNS R50550, UNS R50700)"

The Ti won't get to hot with temp control. You should use it without temp control for the reasons you stated.

I prefer the Ti because it requires less wattage to achieve temp, much easier to work with (similar to kanthal) doesn't gunk up as fast and coils last much longer. My ni coils last a couple days but my Ti coils are over a week old and still going strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! One last question before I pull the trigger on this baby, does the express battery kit come with the charger? I am not sure an extra 20 bucks is worth getting just the tank but if it means a charger and a tank I might just go for the kit.

yes. the express kit comes with the usb cable and wall adapter.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes. the express kit comes with the usb cable and wall adapter.
Thanks, I found more info on sweet-vapes and I think I'm going to get the full kit, they have free shipping and its pretty fast too. Not to mention a good price! 74.95 I think

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I found more info on sweet-vapes and I think I'm going to get the full kit, they have free shipping and its pretty fast too. Not to mention a good price! 74.95 I think

They had the silicone cases in varied colors too i believe. check em out if that's your thing and you don't like the (ugly) clear it comes with

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They had the silicone cases in varied colors too i believe. check em out if that's your thing and you don't like the (ugly) clear it comes with
Thanks, I went with sweet vapes and got a black skin to go with black and red mod. It turned out to be $5.80 for shipping but I like them and I also got some nickel coils for my Atlantis. They are this new kind that have juice control right on the coil head so might be a bust but 5 for 10 bucks isn't a huge risk.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UD has ni200 coils for Zephyrus coming. Hopefully these manufacturers jump on the ti bandwagon

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my white evic should arrive tomorrow. cant wait to check out the temp reg feature on it! so stoked. i dont normally post about shipping/waiting times, but this one is killing me. lol

i ordered some spider silk today, but looks like ill have to snoop around locally for some Ni wire. so i have something to test it out tomorrow.

did i mention i was excited?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My orange 'yellow' evic turned up today. ordered from nwvape Friday night, so came pretty quick :)

Not used in temp mode yet, but working well with the subtank :D

Really love the look of this mod, and feels well made.

lRclx5C.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I second the lemo 2 the trick is thread the chimney and base to the top piece till it stops so when you thread it together the chimney base is only halfway threaded on the base threads = no wicking problems

I found that out by just doing it by accident one time.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if i like my evic as much as others do i maybhave to get another, take it apart, and do a custom finish on it. cerakote perhaps?

wolfmannxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got a question I bought a evic vt and I also have a sx mini m class. The sx is set to 22 joules at 420 degrees I have to jack the evic to 500 degrees at 43 watts to get the same vape off the same tank. Am I doing something wrong? The evic seems to be hitting like a q-tipp compared to my sx...

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my white evic should arrive tomorrow. cant wait to check out the temp reg feature on it! so stoked. i dont normally post about shipping/waiting times, but this one is killing me. lol

i ordered some spider silk today, but looks like ill have to snoop around locally for some Ni wire. so i have something to test it out tomorrow.

did i mention i was excited?

See, i told you i wished i had the do over on that white. I ordered a day before you and i'm not even sure Vapenw dropped my order off at the post office yet lol. So if it's anything like the batteries i ordered from California last Tuesday night, that still haven't made it to Florida, i should be join the Evic-VT club sometime at the end of the month :(.

Should have my Angelcigs Velocity RDA clone coming in a day or 2 though. Excited to try that with the nickel and Ti.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I decided to rebuild the stock ti and ni coil. The top just pops off if you use a normal size screw driver and gently put it down the hole and pry. After removing the bottom gold contact and rubber grommet the cotton and coil comes right out in once piece. Then I drilled out the wicking holes to about 2 mm then built a 26g 8 wrap 3.5mm dia coil. Ohms out at .07 rewicked with JP cotton exactly like stock. Re Assemble like stock and now it vapes like it should have originally.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a question I bought a evic vt and I also have a sx mini m class. The sx is set to 22 joules at 420 degrees I have to jack the evic to 500 degrees at 43 watts to get the same vape off the same tank. Am I doing something wrong? The evic seems to be hitting like a q-tipp compared to my sx...
Check the temp readout, are you in Ti mode?

wolfmannxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm in nickle mode. I was thinking the same thing. But I found out that the titanium runs hotter at the same power

wolfmannxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Subtank plus and it does the same with the ego mega that came in the kit using the nickle (blue) coil

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone notice with ti above 520° on self wraped coils you.get a burnt taste but the cotton is not burning? I know its real ti 1 since I took it out the stock coil and used it on my lemo. It ohms out only .01 less since I had to trap leads

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone notice with ti above 520° on self wraped coils you.get a burnt taste but the cotton is not burning? I know its real ti 1 since I took it out the stock coil and used it on my lemo. It ohms out only .01 less since I had to trap leads

Turned out to be a hot spot . I pulled the wire out and uncoiled and cleaned it with a paper towel re coiled. Anyone know how long ti last?

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had my evic vt for two week and the 510 spring gave out, now none of my attys will make connection. So pissed off about this. I hope I just got a bad one but I have a bad feeling about this. I also didn't trust the scrolling wheel because it felt cheap and the device would basically be dead without it. The bad press is going to start rolling in. Everyone told me their product quality was garbage but I didn't listen. I got fooled by the slick looks of the product. Never again will I buy any thing from joyetech or eleaf.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had my evic vt for two week and the 510 spring gave out, now none of my attys will make connection. So pissed off about this. I hope I just got a bad one but I have a bad feeling about this. I also didn't trust the scrolling wheel because it felt cheap and the device would basically be dead without it. The bad press is going to start rolling in. Everyone told me their product quality was garbage but I didn't listen. I got fooled by the slick looks of the product. Never again will I buy any thing from joyetech or eleaf.
If your half decent with a solder iron its a easy fix im sure. Or happen to be in nj i could fix it for you.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your half decent with a solder iron its a easy fix im sure. Or happen to be in nj i could fix it for you.

I'm not in Jersey and I'm not going to screw around with it. It's still under warranty and Vape NW is going to replace it but it's the point. I've only had it two weeks and there's already problems with it. I had high hopes for this mod but now, not so much. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more people popping up with problems with this thing. Thanks for the offer though.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that is where i got my Ti wire at. and from what i understand grade 1 Ti is grade 1 Ti wire regardless of where you buy it. i can say that this wire def is not clean and ready to vape. it must be cleaned first.

so is that what makes the spidersilk so much more expensive? the fact that its cleaned?
I got mine there as well. It says pure titanium wire grade1 surgical, that means it's pure. Let everyone pay $15 for 15 feet. I'm not going to. This is the same situation as the g-plat wires were, they're nothing more than welding wire packaged up and sold at 200% mark up, same as spider silk is doing with titanium.
*Edit Waaayy more than 200% mark up actually! No thanks! I guess some people have more money than common sense.

Last edited:

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine there as well. It says pure titanium wire grade1 surgical, that means it's pure. Let everyone pay $15 for 15 feet. I'm not going to. This is the same situation as the g-plat wires were, they're nothing more than welding wire packaged up and sold at 200% mark up, same as spider silk is doing with titanium.
I go to the spiders silk from envy and grade 1 titanium from a jewelry supply manufacturer. Spider silk 15 ft for $15, Andy the other titanium for $15 for 50 ft. Such a big difference in how clean the wire was...spider silk was dirt you as hell.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I go to the spiders silk from envy and grade 1 titanium from a jewelry supply manufacturer. Spider silk 15 ft for $15, Andy the other titanium for $15 for 50 ft. Such a big difference in how clean the wire was...spider silk was dirt you as hell.
So the spider silk was dirtier? Personally I don't really care if the wires a little dirty, it's easy enought to give it a quick wask. Hell, I smoked for 25 years, I don't think it can be as dirty as that shit was. I'm more annoyed someone's, once again, putting a pretty package on something and making it seem like it's something special and charging a fortune for it, it's not it's just relativly cheap ti wire.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, a lot more dirty. Definitely overpriced
Well, I guess that's why companies have marketing teams. To convince people their products superior in some kind of way. Unless one does the research they usually believe it.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the spider silk was dirtier? Personally I don't really care if the wires a little dirty, it's easy enought to give it a quick wask. Hell, I smoked for 25 years, I don't think it can be as dirty as that shit was. I'm more annoyed someone's, once again, putting a pretty package on something and making it seem like it's something special and charging a fortune for it, it's not it's just relativly cheap ti wire.

If it makes you feel any better, they apparently had to take their Amazon listing down after i bitched that:

1. Their contact email was invalid when i tried to send them a message
2. They clearly stated the item would ship out of Florida (where i live, and why i bought it), and instead sent me tracking originating out of Colorado.

Of course on another front, my evic from Vapenw is still listed as simply : June 15, 2015 , 10:08 am - Shipping Label Created.

The Vape Gods seemingly hate me this week. That or they are telling me to stick with Kanthal.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it makes you feel any better, they apparently had to take their Amazon listing down after i bitched that:

1. Their contact email was invalid when i tried to send them a message
2. They clearly stated the item would ship out of Florida (where i live, and why i bought it), and instead sent me tracking originating out of Colorado.

Of course on another front, my evic from Vapenw is still listed as simply : June 15, 2015 , 10:08 am - Shipping Label Created.

The Vape Gods seemingly hate me this week. That or they are telling me to stick with Kanthal.
I'd recommend dropping that eVic if it's not too late. TBH it worked great while it worked, but it's built like shit and quit after two weeks on me and I guarantee the problems are going to start rolling in. I'm getting a refund from Vape NW, now I just have to figure out what mod actually isn't a p.o.s. and doesn't cost a fortune. And the temp controll is a bit over rated too as far as I'm concerned. Worked ok but still got burnt hits if the watts were too high, but definitely less than without but it isn't all it's been made ut to be.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*Edit Waaayy more than 200% mark up actually! No thanks! I guess some people have more money than common sense.

Yeah, a lot more dirty. Definitely overpriced

so your Spider Silk was dirtier that the Ti wire from unkamen jewelry supplies? i find mine to the the opposite. the spider silk i received is very clean whereas the Ti wire from unkamen is sooooooo dirty. i take a piece and run it through my fingers and it leaves tons of dirt on there. it looks like i drew the lines on my fingers with a pencil. this stuff IMO would need to be cleaned with alcohol and/or boiled to clean it i would think.

so you guys think the unkamen stuff is the same as spider silk when it all comes down to it? i find it hard to want to use it considering how dirty it is.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh and my Evic is still working great, but i really want something a bit smaller. i am not getting any burnt hits on any temp with either Ni or Ti. btw... doesnt juice vape at a lower temp than cotton will combust? so that would explain why some are getting burnt juice hits, but the cotton isnt burning... would it not...?

i do find the adjustment wheel to feel a bit cheap despite the online reviews claiming otherwise. other than that its pretty solid i would think.

oh indo have another complaint. i get the "new coil" screen at the weirdest times. my brain is either not wrapped around how that is supposed to work, or my unit acts funny.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 12.59.44 PM.png
oh and my Evic is still working great, but i really want something a bit smaller. i am not getting any burnt hits on any temp with either Ni or Ti. btw... doesnt juice vape at a lower temp than cotton will combust? so that would explain why some are getting burnt juice hits, but the cotton isnt burning... would it not...?

i do find the adjustment wheel to feel a bit cheap despite the online reviews claiming otherwise. other than that its pretty solid i would think.

oh indo have another complaint. i get the "new coil" screen at the weirdest times. my brain is either not wrapped around how that is supposed to work, or my unit acts funny.
Yeah, the cotton never burned so it probably is the juice.
so your Spider Silk was dirtier that the Ti wire from unkamen jewelry supplies? i find mine to the the opposite. the spider silk i received is very clean whereas the Ti wire from unkamen is sooooooo dirty. i take a piece and run it through my fingers and it leaves tons of dirt on there. it looks like i drew the lines on my fingers with a pencil. this stuff IMO would need to be cleaned with alcohol and/or boiled to clean it i would think.

so you guys think the unkamen stuff is the same as spider silk when it all comes down to it? i find it hard to want to use it considering how dirty it is.
I got this from unkamen jewelry supplies this morning:

VU Sponsors