Become a Patron!

Evic vt - who's getting one, who has one already?

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use the coupon code twisted420 on Eciggity for ten percent off.That's the one I use,and it's a permanent code since he reviews a lot of stuff from them.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use "10percentoff" ordering anything from Eciggity for some time. That is a common coupon code. Got tracking # for my white evic vt and should be here Monday :) $53.99 including free shipping.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my VT yesterday.. First Temp control for me.. I was really hoping better from the ego one mega.. I have to put it all the way up to 550 to get decent vapor and at that point the vape is way to hot to enjoy. I think my juice is around 60/40.. But i diy it by eye so who knows.. don't know if the juice is not wicking well or not but damn I cant get decent vapor out of this thing.. when i put it up to 550 I get and I quote "decent vapor" but it is way too hot of a vape. Hell my kayfun v4 puts out more vapor at a much cooler vape then this thing.. i stopped using it yesterday.. have my regular subtank on it vaping at 1.2 ohms.. I ordered the nickel coils last night for the subtank as well as some 26g tempered ni200.. but the ego one is trash.. shame looked so good on my device.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone here cook their food at 550 degree? lol...turn her down a bit and see what happens...

Puffin along in style today!!!

C28BA8B3-9290-4057-B99D-1011224FDC01-8445-000003509E6F9BDF_zpsctn5aznb.jpg

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got my VT yesterday.. First Temp control for me.. I was really hoping better from the ego one mega.. I have to put it all the way up to 550 to get decent vapor and at that point the vape is way to hot to enjoy. I think my juice is around 60/40.. But i diy it by eye so who knows.. don't know if the juice is not wicking well or not but damn I cant get decent vapor out of this thing.. when i put it up to 550 I get and I quote "decent vapor" but it is way too hot of a vape. Hell my kayfun v4 puts out more vapor at a much cooler vape then this thing.. i stopped using it yesterday.. have my regular subtank on it vaping at 1.2 ohms.. I ordered the nickel coils last night for the subtank as well as some 26g tempered ni200.. but the ego one is trash.. shame looked so good on my device.

Get the Clr heads for the ego one. They are rebuildable and allow a lot more juice flow. The ego one heads that come with the Evic vt can't handle more than 50/50 at best. Try closing off the airflow and giving some primer puffs. The reason your not getting good vapor is because the wicks are dry. With TC, if the wick gets dry, the flavor and vapor will diminish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with Mroutlaw. Those CLR heads are easy to build and wick. I'm using one in my Ego One atm, and it works great.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered the yellow evic-vt from vapenw, seems they are the cheapest, even by the china vendors, not interested in the tank, so just ordered the mod, but was only $60 shipped.

My local college basketball team colors are black and yellow, which I am a big fan of them, so this color is awesome for me, going to put my subtank with black orings and yellow drip tip on it when it gets here :)

Just saw could of got it from eciggity for cheaper, but I hadn't read all this thread before ordering, still think it is a good deal though.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with Mroutlaw. Those CLR heads are easy to build and wick. I'm using one in my Ego One atm, and it works great.

Yeah. Jut wrap a few coils and drop the leads down. No screws to worry about loose connections with the nickel. Not sure how many times you can rebuild before those rubber insulators give out, but I'm sure you can do it a few times at least

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ti coil building Q - figured I'd ask here. I think @Mroutlaw mentioned requiring spaced coils like Ni200. Is this correct? Why? The pic I posted shows a very tightly spaced coil (.4 dia wire wrapped on a .5 pitch m3 screw), but my research is sorely lacking an "informed" opinion. I can find several internet experts positing contact coils are fine with Ti.

My question is leading me considering putting a Ti build in my Billow2 'cause I know it can keep up with my preferred 20/80 juice. I'm tired of the 50/50 I mixed up for the Ego Mega and the Delta II. The Delta II only almost keeps up.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ti coil building Q - figured I'd ask here. I think @Mroutlaw mentioned requiring spaced coils like Ni200. Is this correct? Why? The pic I posted shows a very tightly spaced coil (.4 dia wire wrapped on a .5 pitch m3 screw), but my research is sorely lacking an "informed" opinion. I can find several internet experts positing contact coils are fine with Ti.

My question is leading me considering putting a Ti build in my Billow2 'cause I know it can keep up with my preferred 20/80 juice. I'm tired of the 50/50 I mixed up for the Ego Mega and the Delta II. The Delta II only almost keeps up.

There are lots of people who do contact coils with ti and ni200. Though they can work, you have more potential for hot spots and bad resistance/temperature readings. Remember, the chip measures the resistance (and therefore temperature) over the entire coil. If there is one spot thats hotter, it will mess with the reading and it wont be accurate. In order to make a proper contact coil, you need to dry fire it and/or torch it to compress the coils, which you should not do with ni200 and definitely not with Ti. (Ti can spark and catch fire by torching or dry burning) If you want to clean you Ti coils, a little water and soft bristle brush will clean up any gunk thats built up without screwing up shape of coils.

You can easily run spaced Ti on a billow v2, I'm doing it now. If you can fit a dual ni200 coil on the billow v2, then Ti is definitely doable. Not sure what size Ti you have, but try 26g, 7 wraps per coil on a 2.5mm rod. That brings me in around .15ohms on my billow v2. I'll try to post a pic of mine later

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The stock heads for the ego one cant keep up with the juice. You need the CLR heads. I dont know why they would put such small juice holes on those things.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone here cook their food at 550 degree? lol...turn her down a bit and see what happens...

Puffin along in style today!!!

C28BA8B3-9290-4057-B99D-1011224FDC01-8445-000003509E6F9BDF_zpsctn5aznb.jpg
Looks sweet, especially since I ordered the same color evic and the black mini also. Now I know how it will look...Thanks.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could look nice with smoke glass.

First thing i notice off the batt with this mod vs the subox that the kanger came with is the battery life. I have already had to charge my vt4 battery twice because its gotten to 1 bar. I have plugged this eVic in yesterday and it wont see a charger for at least a few more hours of chain vaping (which i rarely ever do) 20ml and counting....

C06DAFE4-887F-4E97-8A29-D8A15683C212-9998-00000392C293928F_zps4aezu0kn.jpg

If there were a book of sayings and "happy as a pig in shit" were in there, my face would be next to that.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The stock heads for the ego one cant keep up with the juice. You need the CLR heads. I dont know why they would put such small juice holes on those things.

I have a pack of CLR heads at home. looked at the wide open and was still skeptical about keeping up with the 20/80 I prefer. I should have grabbed one when I was kitting up for the weekend, but it's hindsight now.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not for nothing, with the kind of vapor production I am getting from this subtank, if not for the fact i have rebuildable coils coming for this eGo one i doubt I would even need to use the tank that came with this kit anymore....I think this setup looks much better IMO

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would expect a titanium coil would be really easy to do on the kanger mini rba.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doh, so i guess now would be a bad time to say that my white one should be here before the wire :) By that time we are going to be smoking coils made from unobtaniom

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, it works out perfect. You can figure everything out before I get mine. That way I dont have to do a bunch of trial and error:p

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are lots of people who do contact coils with ti and ni200. Though they can work, you have more potential for hot spots and bad resistance/temperature readings. Remember, the chip measures the resistance (and therefore temperature) over the entire coil. If there is one spot thats hotter, it will mess with the reading and it wont be accurate. In order to make a proper contact coil, you need to dry fire it and/or torch it to compress the coils, which you should not do with ni200 and definitely not with Ti. (Ti can spark and catch fire by torching or dry burning) If you want to clean you Ti coils, a little water and soft bristle brush will clean up any gunk thats built up without screwing up shape of coils.

You can easily run spaced Ti on a billow v2, I'm doing it now. If you can fit a dual ni200 coil on the billow v2, then Ti is definitely doable. Not sure what size Ti you have, but try 26g, 7 wraps per coil on a 2.5mm rod. That brings me in around .15ohms on my billow v2. I'll try to post a pic of mine later
Here you go. Not my prettiest build, but I've rewicked it a few times. I personally hate center coil builds.
56867120990091260179cb390495de7c.jpg

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Mroutlaw are you using the ego clr ti heads or just the ego clr heads?

They don't have Ti clr heads and the only thing I've seen advertised coming is the Ti cl and ni200 cl. I'm using the ego clr heads but have rebuilt them with Ti. I have 5 or 6 (can't remember) wraps of 26g Ti on a 2.5mm rod. Comes in at .30ohms.

Though I haven't changed the regular bottom connection, you can remove the gold plated one off the Ti and Ni200 heads and put it on the regular subohm clr heads.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Could look nice with smoke glass.

First thing i notice off the batt with this mod vs the subox that the kanger came with is the battery life. I have already had to charge my vt4 battery twice because its gotten to 1 bar. I have plugged this eVic in yesterday and it wont see a charger for at least a few more hours of chain vaping (which i rarely ever do) 20ml and counting....

C06DAFE4-887F-4E97-8A29-D8A15683C212-9998-00000392C293928F_zps4aezu0kn.jpg

If there were a book of sayings and "happy as a pig in shit" were in there, my face would be next to that.

I went 2 days, about 31 hours of awake time vaping before putting it on charger. I'm a heavy chain vaper and usually go through 2, 18650 batteries a day on my sxmini m class.

When I did put it on the charger, had about 1/4 battery life left

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a pack of CLR heads at home. looked at the wide open and was still skeptical about keeping up with the 20/80 I prefer. I should have grabbed one when I was kitting up for the weekend, but it's hindsight now.

I'm using a 20pg/80vg in it and it's keeping up really well. And that's with Taking several puffs in a row

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here you go. Not my prettiest build, but I've rewicked it a few times. I personally hate center coil builds.
56867120990091260179cb390495de7c.jpg

This is 6 wraps of 26g Grade 1 titanium on a 2.5mm rod installed on a billow v2..
d8bda08819abcc979a24df768df97804.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went 2 days, about 31 hours of awake time vaping before putting it on charger. I'm a heavy chain vaper and usually go through 2, 18650 batteries a day on my sxmini m class.

When I did put it on the charger, had about 1/4 battery life left
then its a good thing i have a few new batts coming in, i thought something didnt seem right...

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So ... I put a Ti build in the Billow v2. I can tell you I am glad I did ... I can now put the Kanthal builds away. My PIF 5.1 pals are in for a treat this go 'round. All I need to keep are emergency supplies.

Turns out I've been wick limited all along. On the billow, 420F is a warm vape.

So I'll build the CLR, but the Billow 2 is my go to. I built it with contact coils and I'll confirm temp accuracy when I get home to my tools. I actually pulsed the coils in Temp mode - found and fixed a hot leg; pancake wicked and rolled with it.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So ... I put a Ti build in the Billow v2. I can tell you I am glad I did ... I can now put the Kanthal builds away. My PIF 5.1 pals are in for a treat this go 'round. All I need to keep are emergency supplies.

Turns out I've been wick limited all along. On the billow, 420F is a warm vape.

So I'll build the CLR, but the Billow 2 is my go to. I built it with contact coils and I'll confirm temp accuracy when I get home to my tools. I actually pulsed the coils in Temp mode - found and fixed a hot leg; pancake wicked and rolled with it.

The billow v2 is awesome on the evic vt. My only issue is my 510 connector seems a little high and nothing sits flush. Is everyone else's like this or is my connector not installed correct? i emailed originvape tonight and am waiting to hear from them.
53528af502f11b18f5ef205077b7cfb7.jpg
2891960b7120220c23c7f27ffb2e7c57.jpg
8471084ace199dc10376360944f8026a.jpg

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The billow v2 is awesome on the evic vt. My only issue is my 510 connector seems a little high and nothing sits flush. Is everyone else's like this or is my connector not installed correct? i emailed originvape tonight and am waiting to hear from them.
53528af502f11b18f5ef205077b7cfb7.jpg
2891960b7120220c23c7f27ffb2e7c57.jpg
8471084ace199dc10376360944f8026a.jpg

I believe they have that playing card gap by design. I almost sent you a pic of mine calling it flush, but your's looks flush too. Think about what the atty bases would do to the chrome if they made actual contact. I like this hair gap solution to atty scratches on my other mods.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe they have that playing card gap by design. I almost sent you a pic of mine calling it flush, but your's looks flush too. Think about what the atty bases would do to the chrome if they made actual contact. I like this hair gap solution to atty scratches on my other mods.

Yeah, I'd say it's about the thickness of a card. I just wanted to check if everyone else's is like that. Especially since the airflow channel on the connection doesn't line up with the one on the top of the mod.

It's not an aesthetics issue for me, just worry about undue stress of the atty 510 connection. But the top of the mod connection is making contact with the atty, so at least the atty is resting on something

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just heard from Eric at originvape and he said it's by design.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They don't have Ti clr heads and the only thing I've seen advertised coming is the Ti cl and ni200 cl. I'm using the ego clr heads but have rebuilt them with Ti. I have 5 or 6 (can't remember) wraps of 26g Ti on a 2.5mm rod. Comes in at .30ohms.

Though I haven't changed the regular bottom connection, you can remove the gold plated one off the Ti and Ni200 heads and put it on the regular subohm clr heads.
Just so you know, here are the Ego One CLR Ti
image.jpg

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just so you know, here are the Ego One CLR Ti
View attachment 22434

Who has them? I have searched everywhere for them. I would rather buy one set of them, just for the gold plated contacts. I don't really care about the color of orings, especially since I plan on only running Titanium on my evic's.

I've seen pictures of companies posting clr Ti and Ni200 heads but I don't think they're real. One company has a picture like what you have above but it says they're 1ohm, which can't be right. Another company has a picture saying they're clr ni200 but the o-rings are black. And one company has a picture of one with blue o-rings and says they're Ti.

Joyetech just recently posted a picture of CLR Ti heads on their site, but they're not available and says the price is $22. No way I'm paying $22 for 5 heads when I can buy a 15 foot roll of 26g spider silk Titanium wire for $12

Last edited:

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who has them? I have searched everywhere for them. I would rather buy one set of them, just for the gold plated contacts. I don't really care about the color of orings, especially since I plan on only running Titanium on my evic's
I haven't found them in stock yet. 3fvape has preorder.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't found them in stock yet. 3fvape has preorder.

I think I'll just stick with the kanthal ones and rebuild with titanium and swap out the gold contacts from the ones that came with my kit. Since I have 2 kits, I have 4 gold contacts.

Honestly, the ego one isn't that awesome anyway, it's so so, I just like the matching look. My billow v2 is absolutely incredible with Ti in it. By far, the billow v2 is the best rta I've tried to date. Closest thing I've found is the zephrus, that things is awesome, especially with the top fill and not having to shut off any juice control. The epoch d1 from ehpro gives the best flavor and vapor I've seen but you have to empty tank to re wick, it's a bitch to take apart and only holds 2 ml of juice.

I have high hopes for the Goliath v2 since it will have a single coil mode

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Evic VT has surprised me by swapping itself into power mode a few times now. Swaps back into Ti when I pull atty and reset the mode, but I gotta keep on my toes.

Replaced the contact build with a spaced build. Same intermittent issue.

sonarman

Member For 4 Years
Wish they would have just given the Delta II tanks paint jobs. I think it's a much better tank than what's included.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Evic VT has surprised me by swapping itself into power mode a few times now. Swaps back into Ti when I pull atty and reset the mode, but I gotta keep on my toes.

Replaced the contact build with a spaced build. Same intermittent issue.

That means the resistance is jumping around. The evic vt will automatically change to power mode if it thinks the coil is over 1ohm

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That means the resistance is jumping around. The evic vt will automatically change to power mode if it thinks the coil is over 1ohm

Thanks for that info but it still leaves me scratching my head. Pulling and replacing the atty has returned it to normal service every time. Next time I catch it in power mode, I will carefully observe the resistance it is reading. It's a dual coil Ti build (spaced coils even) at .21 ohms, so even if one of the coil connections was iffy ... it should only reach .42 (+heat) ohms. Note I'm describing my billow 2 now, but I've experienced this phenomenon with the Ego One Mega and the Delta II as well. So the only consistent variable is the Evic's 510 connection ... hmmm.

In the short term, I have adjusted power mode down to 40 watts to ensure I don't crisp my wicks or coils before I figure out it has reset itself. Currently vaping it at 460F & 40W ... definitely enjoyable. It'll get better when I feel like I can rely on the mod to stay where I set it.

I'm seriously debating whether to purchase another as a backup versus buying an SX350J chip and building a dual 18650 or 26650 to drive the chip.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mroutlaw,

Thanks for continuing to walk me through this Ti build thing. Regarding this Evic deciding for itself thing ... I'm about to edit in a pic showing the Evic reading my Billow at .21 ohms immediately after throwing itself into power mode. Standby for the pic:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434335847.733386.jpg

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mroutlaw,

Thanks for continuing to walk me through this Ti build thing. Regarding this Evic deciding for itself thing ... I'm about to edit in a pic showing the Evic reading my Billow at .21 ohms immediately after throwing itself into power mode. Standby for the pic:

View attachment 22664
Weird. Try locking the atty resistance and see if it does it.

You do that by entering the menu (3 clicks). Put it in Ti mode, then go down to atty and hit the select button on top to the right. It should show a lock symbol next to the atty resistance.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mroutlaw,

View attachment 22664
take the atty off, press the power button for 2 secs, screw the atty on, 3 fast clicks to get to the menu, right thumb the top selector to get to TI mode, left thumb the selector switch to get to the resistance listing, right thumb the selector to lock the resistance in. Let the mod exit the menu, and adjust your temp in TI mode and vape. Hopefully this will help. Resetting the mod by taking off the atty and pressing the power button for 2 secs is needed when you put on a new coil.

VU Sponsors