Become a Patron!

Eff you Wismec

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Puff Don't tighten your attys too hard and don't leave it in your pocket, it's likely that mine weakened over time from screwing and unscrewing attys and having it in my pocket.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dude... seriously
Don't even waste ur time ... trash it, use ur other mods... vapenw will charge u 20% off it's a store policy... and you not gonna win that battle trust me.

I

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even If the darn threads are weak which is a bummer I still like my Pretty white Mod, I will be very careful with it, I did cancel the Red one.
ac65865951abc647b8b0f9de53f3be27.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dude, djlsb been slacking
Ur it...you have to start dis assembling mods..
fuck yeah I agree call em out!!

I
In this case ill just use paratechs lol but yeah they deserve another ripping. And I thought it was improved, too bad that didn't last.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last week when I had the opportunity to buy a mod, I debated between the predator and Teslacig nano. I chose the nano (it's sexy) because of my previous (bad) experience with Wismec. This week I chose the Ijoy Zenith instead of the Predator.
I think it's time for me to take all Wismec products out of consideration.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Last week when I had the opportunity to buy a mod, I debated between the predator and Teslacig nano. I chose the nano (it's sexy) because of my previous (bad) experience with Wismec. This week I chose the Ijoy Zenith instead of the Predator.
I think it's time for me to take all Wismec products out of consideration.
I really like the nano and zenith a lot

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ummm... btw, I have had no such popping out of TC issues as @SirRichardRear describes. ..although I don't screw my tank on with an impact driver):)
mine has performed flawlessly so far in that regard on 4 different subtanks running SS coils.

But seeing that build quality...:( yeesh I feel like a dumbass rushing to get mine first.
@mjag also has had his running prefect. it's another typical wismec product a few people get ones that work well and a bunch get ones with issues over a bad design. Also as @Deucesjack pointed out, i've been using mine with RDAs so every time i pop the top off to drip I'm making the 510 assembly worse. it's gotten worse over time for sure i didn't get kicked out of TC the 1st few days then after that bam kicked all the time.

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was skeptical about buying this mod last week after reading about all the issues on the rx2/3 and seeing that most of the shops in my city had taken them off their shelves. Ended up with another mod. This thread reaffirms my suspicions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@mjag also has had his running prefect. it's another typical wismec product a few people get ones that work well and a bunch get ones with issues over a bad design. Also as @Deucesjack pointed out, i've been using mine with RDAs so every time i pop the top off to drip I'm making the 510 assembly worse. it's gotten worse over time for sure i didn't get kicked out of TC the 1st few days then after that bam kicked all the time.

Every Joytech/Wismec mod I have ever owned eventually exhibits the "kick out of TC" symptom. It has happened with my Cuboid, both RX's, and even my VF Flask. The Flask held out the longest before it started happening. It's already happening on my Predator intermittently. It's one of the main reasons I do not buy their products anymore.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had less joy with my alien, after only a month it's now plagued with issues.

Not a big fan of Smok mods. Mainly because I am a TC vaper and what they call TC is barely passable in my book. Especially their SS setting. Their Ni preset actually works much better with a Ni coil than their SS setting does with an SS coil. Basically their Ni TC is pretty good but their SS TC is shit. I don't vape Ni anymore and I do vape SS 95% of the time. So for me Smok mods are just not a good fit. If you vape in Power or Wattage mode exclusively they are a good value.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not a big fan of Smok mods. Mainly because I am a TC vaper and what they call TC is barely passable in my book. Especially their SS setting. Their Ni preset actually works much better with a Ni coil than their SS setting does with an SS coil. Basically their Ni TC is pretty good but their SS TC is shit. I don't vape Ni anymore and I do vape SS 95% of the time. So for me Smok mods are just not a good fit. If you vape in Power or Wattage mode exclusively they are a good value.
they've taken a huge step backwards in TC for sure. great devices for watt mode (pretty accurate and they don't lie about their specs) but in TC the smok mods have just be awful for SS

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My rx2\3 has run flawlessly for months, my alien skips ohms and now the screen flickers so my opinion on this wismec are better. And it was very inaccurate for reading coil resistance, the firmware sucks. Even after the upgrade it was shit, my 0.4 coil was reading 1.2, so think i had a detected one. But i don't do TC, maybe I've been lucky with my rx. I'm picking up an ipower an mini Triton tomorrow, i am mostly mtl and 5000mah with low wattage should last ages.

That wismec an rda does look great though :)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I vape Ni exclusively, and I rate my Smok mods a close second compared to DNA-more-than-40 boards as far as TC quality is concerned. My Wismec mods are far behind in that respect - mainly because they all make a tick-tick-tick noise at rest with very low ohm coils, which annoys me no end.

Last edited:

jflo69rmnp

Member For 4 Years
Had the TC issue with my Predator, sent it back to VapeNW two days ago and they've already shipped one out to me. We'll see what happens! Thinking about getting that Tesla Nano too.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I vape Ni exclusively, and I rate my Smok mods a close second compared to DNA-more-than-40 boards as far as TC quality is concerned. My Wismec mods are far behind in that respect - mainly because they all make a tick-tick-tick noise at rest with very low ohm coils, which annoys me no end.
Yeah sorry, you lost me when you said the Smok board vapes a close second to a DNA in TC. It vapes ok in Ni mode but not nearly DNA quality. IMO when it comes to TC Smok's not even in the top 5 or 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah sorry, you lost me when you said the Smok board vapes a close second to a DNA in TC. It vapes ok in Ni mode but not nearly DNA quality. IMO when it comes to TC Smok's not even in the top 5 or 6.

Funny thing is, this Hohm Wrecker is the first mod I have tried with my Smok Skyhook RDTA that it actually vapes well on. Kanthal coils at .30 in xxx mode. I can't even believe how much better it is.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ground-breaking indeed: I dropped my RX300 on the kitchen floor and it cracked a tile. That's about as much impact as Jaybo's design managed to have in my life...
Maybe so, but there is no denying that everyone copied Jaybo's design of the three battery mod. He was the first to do it and mass produce it. To me the Reuleaux was a ground breaking design. Confirmed by the fact that it's been copied in several other mods.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Buy Chinese and you get what you pay for. Other than the paint my two Slices keep on tickin and take a lickin. The G2 never has had an issue ... Everyone has a peeve. Some hate P4U. Some Wismec (btw my noisy 11-25 is the best fo price I own). I have had issues with pretty darn much every Chinese company including Lost Vape - buttons on the Epetite stick occasionally. Not a big issue as you just press again and unstick BUT ...

If it is about service than just get Hohmtech products!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Had the TC issue with my Predator, sent it back to VapeNW two days ago and they've already shipped one out to me. We'll see what happens! Thinking about getting that Tesla Nano too.

My replacent from them shipped today as well. Also the nano is great. Here is my review

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ground-breaking indeed: I dropped my RX300 on the kitchen floor and it cracked a tile. That's about as much impact as Jaybo's design managed to have in my life...
Upgrade the firmware to 5.14 and you can put out "400 watts."
0bf2a963ec2cb9ea0e85701223f7317a.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I watched your review when you posted it earlier. That's what made me more interested in it. Great review, btw

Nice! Thanks

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sucks. However, Wisemec is not the only manufacturer to press fit 510s. I have several Wisemec mods, the oldest, over a year and a half old RX200, and on NONE of them, has the 510 failed. I'm not kind to them, they have been dropped more times than I can count, and many of those drops werte bad enough that I am amazed the mod survived.

Whats more, I have never yet seen a 510 on a Wisemec mod that needed anything more than cleaning. Yet, all the myths prevail. I have lost count of how many times I have posted a pic of a RX 510 removed from the mod, with a TVF4 torqued into it, much further than it would ever go if the 510 was installed, and even that did not cause a failure.

So, how many of you with failed RX, Cuboid etc due to the 510s will sell me your useless mod for $10?

Here is an opportunity for you to get some $ back for that useless paperweight you squandered your hard earned cash on.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's quite possible. Maybe Smok boards / firmwares aren't all that good.

All I'm saying is this: I have a G-PRIV and a GX350 here, and their performances in Ni200 TC are identical, and the mods as dependable as my VT Inbox, Therion BF and Drone BF. And they're way better than my VaporFlask v1 (original DNA40).

Of course, newer DNA boards are totally configurable, and blow Smok's stuff out of the water in that respect. But for basic TC functionality with Ni200 and dependability, they work as well as the DNAs for me. Sorry, I can only go by my experience with them. I'm probably not what you'd call a power user :)

As for Wismec electronics - to come back to the topic - they're noisy, they smell hot when you use them at full power too long the first time, and they hesitate and fluctuate when hitting temp protection with Ni200. For me, they're inferior to Smok boards (and DNA boards obviously) by a long shot.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for Wismec electronics - to come back to the topic - they're noisy, they smell hot when you use them at full power too long the first time, and they hesitate and fluctuate when hitting temp protection with Ni200.

Replying to myself here, but I forgot to mention something: I was talking about the stock Wismec firmware. TC works flawlessly with the ArcticFox firmware. Also, ArcticFox probes the atomizer's resistance fewer times per second than the Wismec firmware, so the atomizer ticks less - and even stops ticking altogether when it's warm.

ArcticFox really is a great upgrade for supported Wismec devices.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Replying to myself here, but I forgot to mention something: I was talking about the stock Wismec firmware. TC works flawlessly with the ArcticFox firmware. Also, ArcticFox probes the atomizer's resistance fewer times per second than the Wismec firmware, so the atomizer ticks less - and even stops ticking altogether when it's warm.

ArcticFox really is a great upgrade for supported Wismec devices.
i gotta say, just installed arctic fox on the primo and the TC is pretty dam good now. using the SS316, the SS316 TFR, and TCR at 92 all produce the same resutls. where on the wismec firmware the TCR mode in 92 was vastly different from SS mods. gonna do a review on the differences with arctic fox. now only if wismec made better products lol cause the firmware is a big improvement in TC mode

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got an ipower 80w, sick of external battery mods messing up on me. It's a damn site cheaper, looks great with the wood grain & I get days out of a single charge.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just to be clear I don't hate the mod, I purchased it because it's a sexy beast IMO but considering that I had it less than a month and its unusable is a big issue for me

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It does a have a great form factor. I used it all day today and it's one comfortable mod.

VU Sponsors