Become a Patron!

Eff you Wismec

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just checked Jack. All I see is the original version: new for $179.99 and refurbs for $79.99. The code still works, though. I'm hoping to be able to get a Slice the first of the month if they haven't sold out by then.

Sorry for derailing the thread. I'm out.

Michael
Yeah sorry bro, I know a few weeks ago a few peeps picked them up. I'll keep my eyes open and if I see one at a good price I'll give you a holla.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I should also apologise about the generalizations I made regarding reviewers. I've never watched Sir Richards, Some are very good.

Vic Mullen, Grandmaster Bogan and DJLsb have very useful info. Some is subjective, but mostly very good. I'm proud to call the Vaping Bogan a friend, and was priviliged to provide him with the first 304 SS 22 gauge he'd seen. Don't be fooled by his persona on the net, it conceals a individual who is shrewdly brilliant, and his integrity, and ability to correctly assess design details is uncanny. He also passionately cares about vaping, as cancer has devastated his family. He has forgotten more about vaping than I will ever know.

Vic, is also very honest, and even more entertaining when he gets really angry.(Hyon) I just cannot watch Busardo because after 30 seconds, all I can think about, is how punchable his face is. Rip... makes me want to go full Kazinski.

The FDA shot at Richard was also uncalled for. I'm sorry. I might even watch one of your vids.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What my Slice looks like after 2 months. I spray bombed it black after metal started showing through the red paint.

CameraZOOM-20170418153108581.jpg

CameraZOOM-20170418153924843.jpg CameraZOOM-20170418153108581.jpg CameraZOOM-20170418153134392.jpg

My year old RXS

CameraZOOM-20170418153134392.jpg

Shall we discuss build quality? I don't even take the Slice out, because of it's battery appetite. It DOES do TC on Kanthal, and other wire, and for that I applaud them. but the fit, and finish.... My God.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even on this forum, I was mocked for suggesting that temp control on stainless was possible. There were those experts who knew it could not be done. I see Giraud has posted in this thread.

Yes, and just so we're clear, I was busy mocking iJoy - makers of the incredimazing Asolo mod that was supposed to be able to do TC with Kanthal thanks to the powers of magic - not you.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, and just so we're clear, I was busy mocking iJoy - makers of the incredimazing Asolo mod that was supposed to be able to do TC with Kanthal thanks to the powers of magic - not you.

Asolo.

It was a VERY unfortunate name for a product. lolol

You were there. Others were adamant that temp control on SS, much less Kanthal was impossible.

I'm sure that Hohmtech would deny it, but some see a similarity in concept. One poorly executed, one much better.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I should also apologise about the generalizations I made regarding reviewers. I've never watched Sir Richards, Some are very good.

Vic Mullen, Grandmaster Bogan and DJLsb have very useful info. Some is subjective, but mostly very good. I'm proud to call the Vaping Bogan a friend, and was priviliged to provide him with the first 304 SS 22 gauge he'd seen. Don't be fooled by his persona on the net, it conceals a individual who is shrewdly brilliant, and his integrity, and ability to correctly assess design details is uncanny. He also passionately cares about vaping, as cancer has devastated his family. He has forgotten more about vaping than I will ever know.

Vic, is also very honest, and even more entertaining when he gets really angry.(Hyon) I just cannot watch Busardo because after 30 seconds, all I can think about, is how punchable his face is. Rip... makes me want to go full Kazinski.

The FDA shot at Richard was also uncalled for. I'm sorry. I might even watch one of your vids.
thank you very much! no apology needed but it is appreciated. I've been called worse LMAO

and yeah i don't doubt many reviewers have a "persona" like I'm sure rip trippers doesn't act like that 24/7 (or at least i hope not lol) I need to check out bogan more for sure. i like vaping with vic too. seems like a cool guy. DJL is one of my favs but I'm a little pissed about how he ignored their TC issues with the alien (i guarantee you I won't) especially since he does some work for smok from what i've heard. I like phil too. but i can see how he would bore many people.

to be fair, i would even call mine a bit of a persona as I'm known to have a bit of a potty mouth and an "offensive sense of humor" but i don't think it's needed for the videos so i just keep it to information and try to provide as much as i can in a short amount of time.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
LMAO yeah some of the product names we get are just terrible. i chalk it up to lost in translation.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
thank you very much! no apology needed but it is appreciated. I've been called worse LMAO

and yeah i don't doubt many reviewers have a "persona" like I'm sure rip trippers doesn't act like that 24/7 (or at least i hope not lol) I need to check out bogan more for sure. i like vaping with vic too. seems like a cool guy. DJL is one of my favs but I'm a little pissed about how he ignored their TC issues with the alien (i guarantee you I won't) especially since he does some work for smok from what i've heard. I like phil too. but i can see how he would bore many people.

to be fair, i would even call mine a bit of a persona as I'm known to have a bit of a potty mouth and an "offensive sense of humor" but i don't think it's needed for the videos so i just keep it to information and try to provide as much as i can in a short amount of time.
I watch Phil when I need a nap, DJL is just as thorough without being as boring

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What my Slice looks like after 2 months. I spray bombed it black after metal started showing through the red paint.

View attachment 79924

View attachment 79926 View attachment 79924 View attachment 79925

My year old RXS

View attachment 79925

Shall we discuss build quality? I don't even take the Slice out, because of it's battery appetite. It DOES do TC on Kanthal, and other wire, and for that I applaud them. but the fit, and finish.... My God.
The Slice looks great nekked.......ooohhh sexy...lol

But yeah, the paint I wish was better. Have you tried the latest firmware update? My batteries last longer in my Slice than my DNA75 VT75 mods.

That is the biggest complaint with Hohmtech mods, great chip but either a boxy G2 or a paint peeling Slice. If the Predator had a varitube or fatdaddy 510 with a G2 chip in it I would be in mod heaven.
c98f31b015b6eb55e55d64ece14a7728.jpg
d5af8f5a8b8be9b961fe41dcc80c2ab4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate to state the obvious, but you get what you pay for. These cheepo $30-80 (and some higher end) mods are basically good for short term throwaways. If you want a long lasting mod that you don't have to replace every other month, you gotta spend the extra money for them quality parts. In the long run, higher quality mods will save you money, so it's best to just stop supporting crappy companies with crap quality pieces.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Those lower priced mods have their place and some will run much longer than every other month. I got about a year of abuse out of my sig 150 tc as a work beater before it took a fall off a step ladder and the screen blacked out. Still fired but junk to me at that point.
I am no stranger to spending more on a mod, but I also need some cheaper beaters as my job is not at a desk, so I hope for rugged beaters as well. For the most part I have been lucky in my work beater purchases. and imo if I get 6 months of abuse then it is a win.

Also some do not have the budget for higher grade stuff, and some ppl also figure by investing in a lower price mod they will replace it with a trendy new one before long, so the investment for a continuous stock of new popular gear is justifiable. All walks of life out there.
pretty much everyone on this forum who brought one had an issue with it. except @mjag who got the working one lol.
Mine is holding up well also, but I am not using it for tc stuff atm so I can't speak on that area. But the 510 has not fallen out yet and I am keeping an eye out for Arctic firmware for it. It is of course a work beater so I do not expect it to last a lifetime. :)

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reading through various forums it seems most companies have issues from time to time. Most of it due to quality control. What sucks is it's avoidable but they cheap out. Also seems to be the going rate of manufacturing these days, forget quality. Just pump out garbage, when it breaks toss it and buy another.

I'm not old by any means but still remember a day when things were different and simple shit like buttons didn't just stop working for no reason. They're building these things like $5 pocket radios unbranded at the flea market or that cheap crap kids used to win for selling candy bars or wrapping paper for school drives.

I have a slightly different perspective.
There is no maker of mods or tanks that produces quality products. Goes for chipsets too.
In the time I've been vaping, I've went from buying things with an expectation that they will work as intended until I decide to buy something else, to the current, 'hope it works' state of affairs.

I've had high end devices just flat not work (Hello Yihi) then get shit about wanting it replaced. I've had fairly expensive tanks arrive with bent 510 pins. Others that just didn't work at all in TC mode on any mod/chip that I have. I've got sheer and utter crap here that I simply can't use. I have two EXO RTAs here that the dual deck doesn't not work at all on either one. Reviewers say they do, so they must. I have two OBS Engines here that work perfectly, make me happy, never leak. But, they have no flavor, according to reviews. I'll have to have my tastebuds checked I guess. On occasion, I have people tell me in so many words "you gotta be doing something wrong'. When I offer to sell them the device that they claim works 110% perfectly for them, I have never gotten a taker. Even a a big discount.

I conclude that the reason for so many devices being so shitty/iffy is you.

You are willing to burp a tank, vape with 'numbers that work' to do TC, buy silicone cases for lousy finishes, stuff mesh into airflow, get the wicking just oh so right, wipe mods down with towels because of the seepage, ignore that there are no standards on the length/depth of 510 connectors and pins.
More power, ml, size, coils! Take my money please!

Unless and until vapers vote with their money, ain't shit gonna change in the positive direction. Show me the mod or tank that is without problems. A few years back, if I asked that, I'd get a lot of candidates. Today, not so much.

So, for those like me, who have a functioning Joyetech or Wismec, celebrate it. There are mods costing many multiples of the price we paid that don't work as well. I know, I have some of them too (Hi to Evolv as well).

Some can afford to play in this and have 20-30 mods and innumerable tanks. That's fine and well. Most vapers, especially the people who come looking for help can't. They have saved their hard earned cash and bought something they want to stop smoking with. They have decided to quit smoking and are looking for advice on what to get out of all the shiny things available. No way in Hell I'd recommend a G Class or a DNA250 coupled to a Modfather. But, listening to some of the resident experts here, you'd think that is what everyone should be sporting.

If somebody already has invested their cash in a mod or a tank and it is at all possible to get it to work, I'll give it a try. Because, you know, having somebody shit on your shiny new toy is unpleasant. Not to mention unnecessary unless it is truly unworkable.

I've hooked up 15-20 of my family and friends with mods, tanks, and coils. I even send some starter juice. Of those, only 3-5 have not continued vaping. Most still have their original mod or tank and don't want to replace them with something 'better'. Why? Cause they aren't smoking for the first time in 20+ years. Many of them are on a Sigelei or a Joyetech with a Kanger STM of some flavor.

Moral? Two fold.
Don't spend money on something that doesn't work fully/properly. When something shiny comes out, sit on your hands for a few weeks. See how it actually works in the hands of folks in the forums, not in the hands of somebody with a webcam and a few hours use. I would have a good amount of extra cash had I followed that one simple thing.
Don't be a dick. Nobody really cares about somebody's expert opinion. They want to know if this or that will provide them a means of not smoking. If they are interested in esoteric/hobbyist stuff, they'll say so. And they'll likely not be in an affordable mod tank thread asking for help.

For most, 'That Wismec has a shorter than normal 510 deck and you'll need to get a spacer for your tank' will do just fine. Compare that to 'Everybody knows that mod has a shit 510 deck and you will be sorry you bought it, Get a new mod'.
Which is more helpful to the new vaper?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Slice looks great nekked.......ooohhh sexy...lol

Does it ever! Except perhaps for the brass fire button. Just eyeballing it, I wonder if one of the metal or rubber fire buttons from the ancient Smok M65 pro might not fit perfectly. Micrometer time... Did you use a stripper, or wire wheel to remove your paint? I'm guessing a few clear coats of urethane afterwards?

I updated the firmware on mine before I ever even screwed an atty on it. I've been considering re-housing it, in an enclosure with a lipo, or perhaps 2-3 18650s in parallel. I think I even have a pristine Hammond box someplace.

I don't vape at high wattages, average for me is about 35-40. I get about 5 Ml per 26650 on the Slice. More, if I don't use auto mode, but the G2 was just so horrendous looking, and I didn't want to put an eye out on those corners.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Does it ever! Except perhaps for the brass fire button. Just eyeballing it, I wonder if one of the metal or rubber fire buttons from the ancient Smok M65 pro might not fit perfectly. Micrometer time... Did you use a stripper, or wire wheel to remove your paint? I'm guessing a few clear coats of urethane afterwards?

I updated the firmware on mine before I ever even screwed an atty on it. I've been considering re-housing it, in an enclosure with a lipo, or perhaps 2-3 18650s in parallel. I think I even have a pristine Hammond box someplace.

I don't vape at high wattages, average for me is about 35-40. I get about 5 Ml per 26650 on the Slice. More, if I don't use auto mode, but the G2 was just so horrendous looking, and I didn't want to put an eye out on those corners.
5ml per battery? I ran an 80 watt build on my supreme and got 2 tanks out of a battery (about 14ml) and it charges back up in 90mins. Which batts are u using?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is no maker of mods or tanks that produces quality products. Goes for chipsets too.
In the time I've been vaping, I've went from buying things with an expectation that they will work as intended until I decide to buy something else, to the current, 'hope it works' state of affairs.

Very well put. I agree with almost all of what you say. Compared to the stuff available 3 years ago, I think we have made HUGE progress. A friend of mine, a Neo Luddite knuckle dragging barbarian sort, does not share my love of tech, it took a year before he was willing to give vaping a try. He made a point of telling me, "I don't want to learn any fucking math or physics, I never want to calculate a fucking thing, or fuck around with cotton, or make those little wire circles. I don't want to have more than 1 button to push, and I don't want to learn battery safety, I just want to plug something in to charge it, like I do my razor, or cell phone. I don't want to read any fucking instructions, and I definitely don't want to be part of a fucking "community" I only want to stop smoking. If you have something where you can just show me where to pour the shit in, and I'll try it. I'm not sure what I'll do when coils are no longer sold for his atty, but there are many more options now at least. Progress.

Even now, what he asked is not as simple as it sounds. Back then, it was a tall order. Personally, I'm content, but not satisfied with the tech. And...There are specs for the 510. Pdf attatched I think.

Edit: It worked!! I didn't know you could upload PDFs to a post!

Attachments

• 510 Connector.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Which batts are u using?

26650s are difficult to get here, and I am not prepared to break a set of my flashlight batts, so the only 26650 I could find locally were the Efestering 4200 mAh 50A. According to Mooch, they are a 4000 mAh, 23A batt. I alsu have 186650/26650 adapter tubes, and have run 18650 HG2s, and 30Qs, all do approximately the same.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys I really like my Predator so much I changed my mind and bought another, the Red One it is BEAUTIFUL with a Black tank on it. I will baby these mods no rough handling or dropping or cranking tanks on. I save that stuff for my Provari..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
See how it actually works in the hands of folks in the forums, not in the hands of somebody with a webcam and a few hours use.
Maybe we should all spam this sentence every time after a new member has asked a question about a problem and this dick with that webcam has, like usual, spammed his irrelevant and misinformational douche video in that new member's thread. (I voted no in @JuicyLucy's recent poll because I think bitching about someone being a dickhead is being more helpful than being this "someone".)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
26650s are difficult to get here, and I am not prepared to break a set of my flashlight batts, so the only 26650 I could find locally were the Efestering 4200 mAh 50A. According to Mooch, they are a 4000 mAh, 23A batt. I alsu have 186650/26650 adapter tubes, and have run 18650 HG2s, and 30Qs, all do approximately the same.
I use the ijoy and basen black and get good life

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I've had high end devices just flat not work (Hello Yihi) then get shit about wanting it replaced. I've had fairly expensive tanks arrive with bent 510 pins. Others that just didn't work at all in TC mode on any mod/chip that I have. I've got sheer and utter crap here that I simply can't use. I have two EXO RTAs here that the dual deck doesn't not work at all on either one. Reviewers say they do, so they must. I have two OBS Engines here that work perfectly, make me happy, never leak. But, they have no flavor, according to reviews. I'll have to have my tastebuds checked I guess. On occasion, I have people tell me in so many words "you gotta be doing something wrong'. When I offer to sell them the device that they claim works 110% perfectly for them, I have never gotten a taker. Even a a big discount.

I conclude that the reason for so many devices being so shitty/iffy is you.

You are willing to burp a tank, vape with 'numbers that work' to do TC, buy silicone cases for lousy finishes, stuff mesh into airflow, get the wicking just oh so right, wipe mods down with towels because of the seepage, ignore that there are no standards on the length/depth of 510 connectors and pins.
More power, ml, size, coils! Take my money please!

Unless and until vapers vote with their money, ain't shit gonna change in the positive direction. Show me the mod or tank that is without problems. A few years back, if I asked that, I'd get a lot of candidates. Today, not so much.

So, for those like me, who have a functioning Joyetech or Wismec, celebrate it. There are mods costing many multiples of the price we paid that don't work as well. I know, I have some of them too (Hi to Evolv as well).

Some can afford to play in this and have 20-30 mods and innumerable tanks. That's fine and well. Most vapers, especially the people who come looking for help can't. They have saved their hard earned cash and bought something they want to stop smoking with. They have decided to quit smoking and are looking for advice on what to get out of all the shiny things available. No way in Hell I'd recommend a G Class or a DNA250 coupled to a Modfather. But, listening to some of the resident experts here, you'd think that is what everyone should be sporting.

If somebody already has invested their cash in a mod or a tank and it is at all possible to get it to work, I'll give it a try. Because, you know, having somebody shit on your shiny new toy is unpleasant. Not to mention unnecessary unless it is truly unworkable.

I've hooked up 15-20 of my family and friends with mods, tanks, and coils. I even send some starter juice. Of those, only 3-5 have not continued vaping. Most still have their original mod or tank and don't want to replace them with something 'better'. Why? Cause they aren't smoking for the first time in 20+ years. Many of them are on a Sigelei or a Joyetech with a Kanger STM of some flavor.

Moral? Two fold.
Don't spend money on something that doesn't work fully/properly. When something shiny comes out, sit on your hands for a few weeks. See how it actually works in the hands of folks in the forums, not in the hands of somebody with a webcam and a few hours use. I would have a good amount of extra cash had I followed that one simple thing.
Don't be a dick. Nobody really cares about somebody's expert opinion. They want to know if this or that will provide them a means of not smoking. If they are interested in esoteric/hobbyist stuff, they'll say so. And they'll likely not be in an affordable mod tank thread asking for help.

For most, 'That Wismec has a shorter than normal 510 deck and you'll need to get a spacer for your tank' will do just fine. Compare that to 'Everybody knows that mod has a shit 510 deck and you will be sorry you bought it, Get a new mod'.
Which is more helpful to the new vaper?

Dude. You are awesome. Well articulated and spot on brother!

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There is no maker of mods or tanks that produces quality products.

No way in Hell I'd recommend a G Class or a DNA250 coupled to a Modfather. But, listening to some of the resident experts here, you'd think that is what everyone should be sporting.

There are plenty of mod makers making quality products sorry you haven't found them yet.

A DNA 250 and Modfather would have been a great first mod for me as long as the building aspect was explained to me in advance. I would have been able to handle it.
I don't think it's the right choice for most new Vapers but then neither is ego pen IMO.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
WOW! I skipped everything past this... that is just pitiful... I haven't brought these in yet and I'm damn glad. Wismec is notorious for bad 510's. I don't know why anyone would press fit anymore. I also don't understand why they can't realize that most RDA's are Hybrid friendly, so their shallow excuse for a 510 won't accepts some attys without pushing on the pin first... I'm not cool with that. That's one of my main complaints about a lot of mods...

My DNA 200 Reuleaux Was essentially shelved near immediately, between having to fix the screen ribbon and the crap 510... then finding out about the tiny wiring... SMH Sadly this isn't terribly shocking to me. Sorry all.

The Noisy Cricket II-25 is my one exception for Wismec thus far. That mod is awesome, and the 510 is actually decent. I guess that was the Wismec unicorn...

Thanks for these pics, I'm sorry you all have had issues. I'm glad that up through what I read VapeNW is taking care of you all. I don't have much experience with them, they sound like a solid operation. Well, Alien Vs. Predator b.s. is done for me, lol.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1st off good post and very informative for sure.
with that said i have ripped smok for their temp control and shitty firmware updates and have given credit to wismec/joyetech for their firmware support and website. I also did rip sig for their performance lies and lack of a usable temp control. the wismec chip i like. I've said it several times i like the chip. I don't bash companies. i bash specific devices for specific reasons. and yes the performance with arctic fox is night and day. i retested my evic primo with it in TC and watt mode (haven't recorded a video on it yet though) and the difference is pretty notable and I will compare side by side the results. If you think I only rip wismec/joyetech then that would be clearly incorrect. I've ripped more products in my 6 months or so of doing reviews then most reviewers combined in the last 10 years. that's why i started doing it. to provide real info and not BS shilling that everything is awesome go spend more money for my own benefit and laugh all the way to the bank.

Yours are the only video reviews I watch Anthony, simply because of the comments I've seen from you here on this forum. For months now, I've watched you be consistent in your opinions whether here or on video about vape gear - you're not all over the place, so for that reason, you've got my trust...for whatever that's worth.

As long as you continue to give honest (as best you can) opinions, and show the bad as well as the good, I will continue to use my precious bandwidth to watch your videos.

Michael

Edit: Since I posted this I have found I like that one black guys' reviews...Twisted420 I think it is. Of the ones I've watched of his, he goes into detail with what he likes, and doesn't like about gear he's reviewing. Plus, he's entertaining as shit! :)

You're still my "go-to", though

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yours are the only video reviews I watch Anthony, simply because of the comments I've seen from you here on this forum. For months now, I've watched you be consistent in your opinions whether here or on video about vape gear - you're not all over the place, so for that reason, you've got my trust...for whatever that's worth.

As long as you continue to give honest (as best you can) opinions, and show the bad as well as the good, I will continue to use my precious bandwidth to watch your videos.

Michael
Thanks! that really means a lot to me.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There are plenty of mod makers making quality products sorry you haven't found them yet.

A DNA 250 and Modfather would have been a great first mod for me as long as the building aspect was explained to me in advance. I would have been able to handle it.
I don't think it's the right choice for most new Vapers but then neither is ego pen IMO.

Ah, a contrarian.
Plenty of quality mods out there, eh? I note a lack of examples.
As for having a new vaper use a Modfather, sure you will. Send us all the link to the hilarious video.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, a contrarian.
As for having a new vaper use a Modfather, sure you will. Send us all the link to the hilarious video.
I have found nothing to complain about with my Hohm Wrecker G2 or Smok G-priv. So, the term quality is subjective. I equate quality to function first and the form. In both cases both have so far been flawless.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I have a Smok 85 mini in pink on the way and A Smoant Battlestar in Bronze for back up on my Two Predators and my Eleaf Pico dual Battery showed up today and this is all I will be buying in the Mod department for the next three years...

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok I have a Smok 85 mini in pink on the way and A Smoant Battlestar in Bronze for back up on my Two Predators and my Eleaf Pico dual Battery showed up today and this is all I will be buying in the Mod department for the next three years...

copper battlestar is love, copper battlestar is life <3

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I used a paint strpper wheel I got from Harbor Freight, they sell ones that are for drills but the one I got was for a Baldor polishing lathe I have in my garage. Not only does it remove the paint but you can put a nice brushed finish on metals with it. The brass fire button bugged me at first until I saw it can match some of my gold tanks. No clear coat after, it sort of greys out a little more over time, I really dig the industrial look of it. I have been pretty lucky with my Slices though, have every color except the Teal, Sir Richard bought all those up, damn Teal hoarder....lol. I am not crazy about my Blue Slice though so am thinking of picking up some paint stripper at home depot to see if I can remove all the paint on that one then polish it up, this time I will clear coat it. My Red and Silver Slice look brand new still, just my black has a little wear and the blue is a chip magnet.

5ml per 26650 at 40 watts doesn't sound right at all, I get more run time than that with my Slices. I never use the auto mode, tried it once a long time ago but never felt the need to use it ever again.

The G2 won't win any beauty contests but damn, I still love using mine, just usually alone in a dark room so no one will see me....lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah, a contrarian.
Well I wanted something better than my RX300 so I did decide to buy from a different brand this time, but maybe you are right... it looks like it's just another fishy mod. :D

purge-mod-serenity-edition.jpg

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I wanted something better than my RX300 so I did decide to buy from a different brand this time, but maybe you are right... it looks like it's just another fishy mod. :D

purge-mod-serenity-edition.jpg

See? I'd demand a refund.
That IS NOT Hello Kitty!

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

LOL. I tell myself that every time i click "Complete Your Purchase."
I bet you will buy another mod within 6 months. Probably around 3. If you can resist tell me how?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UPDATE: The one I posted these pics of separated just like fuseryder's did except I was driving when it happened.
Since I purchased two of these I am thinking of using the second one for target practice even though I haven't opened the box yet.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
UPDATE: The one I posted these pics of separated just like fuseryder's did except I was driving when it happened.
Since I purchased two of these I am thinking of using the second one for target practice even though I haven't opened the box yet.
So far my Predator is holding up but I'm making a conscious effort not to run any RDA'S on it. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've heard of a few on some other forums having the same issue. I feel like I'm vaping a ticking time bomb lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So far my Predator is holding up but I'm making a conscious effort not to run any RDA'S on it. Lol.

I'm a rebel. Still using it with the peerless lmao. If it dies it dies. Just needs to last long enough for me to test it

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a rebel. Still using it with the peerless lmao. If it dies it dies. Just needs to last long enough for me to test it

Right now my workhorse dual 18650 mods are the Ipv Vesta and the Smoant Battlestar. I just love them both and take them everywhere.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL. I tell myself that every time i click "Complete Your Purchase."
I bet you will buy another mod within 6 months. Probably around 3. If you can resist tell me how?
I went almost a year without purchasing new gear. Last year after buying the Q and a RGX II, I just stopped looking at stuff and was content with all the mods and toppers that were here. Then a work beater crapped out, then my last work beater crapped out and I was dragging my RGX to work. So I got back on the wagon a month or so ago. Since then I have purchased 4 mods and traded for another lol.

So the secret (for me at least) is to stop looking at the latest and greatest and be content with what you have. ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Right now my workhorse dual 18650 mods are the Ipv Vesta and the Smoant Battlestar. I just love them both and take them everywhere.

I'll have to get a vesta eventually but I'm leaning towards my 3rd battlestar instead lol

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I need to get a couple of beaters to travel with.
But, if I do that, then I'll worry that the beater mod is going to die in some desolate place I usually find myself in.

At least I am free of the damn G Class.
Stupid joystick and spring loaded battery door.
And, though most the time I couldn't hear it, when it was quiet, there is damn sure a buzz/whine when vaping in TC. Just couldn't talk myself into liking it.
Now, my Aromamizer Plus wants to hide in shame because of the overhang...

So, what do you have that does TCR in a reasonable fashion with dual batteries?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I tell you what, that Elabo tank that comes with the Predator Kit is not bad. Too bad they didn't include an RBA head.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I need to get a couple of beaters to travel with.
But, if I do that, then I'll worry that the beater mod is going to die in some desolate place I usually find myself in.

At least I am free of the damn G Class.
Stupid joystick and spring loaded battery door.
And, though most the time I couldn't hear it, when it was quiet, there is damn sure a buzz/whine when vaping in TC. Just couldn't talk myself into liking it.
Now, my Aromamizer Plus wants to hide in shame because of the overhang...

So, what do you have that does TCR in a reasonable fashion with dual batteries?
Battlestar? Haven't seen a broken one yet but with you luck.... and the temp control is just a drop below the best ones.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well here are my two Predator Mods Lets wish them a long life.
8145bb3d458f8fd032b6d6c9a57cb815.jpg
5d5bd5e827c611e271f7f1f2802b4f55.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I hereby bless thee to have a long and prosperous life for Lady Puff. May your clouds be massive and your flavor intense. All this in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Amen

Hopefully it works. Lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I hereby bless thee to have a long and prosperous life for Lady Puff. May your clouds be massive and your flavor intense. All this in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Amen

Hopefully it works. Lol.

now dunk it in holy "ejuice" LMAO

VU Sponsors