Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Talking about a commercial for a vehicle that touts their media centers so you do not have to be aggravated by interacting with your passengers was what got me started down the Ban lane.
It was in the Lounge btw.

Retired1 said it was a hot button topic so he threw it in the mud pit I think the place was called...

Went rapidly downhill from there.
I ended up telling him "to consume excrement and expire".
I think he had to ask someone else what that meant.

Then before I got banned I changed my pw to random numbers , cleaned my personal data and changed my email addy to something like "f@@kretiredoneintheass.com".

I beat them out the door.
Not been back.

Been doin boards since you had to do em on dialup and that was my first banning or suspension.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
These are some bad-ass handmade wood mods and squonkers, if anyone is looking to get themselves something cool for Christmas:

19 Wood Mods For Sale Various Types Squonkers and Non

I got one on his last run and it was way worth it - also was much more beautiful in hand than cell phone pics, lol

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been doin boards since you had to do em on dialup and that was my first banning or suspension.

Likewise. Don't you miss the days when you had to actually know something, to get online? :giggle: One of the most fun experiences I've had was when I ventured into Delta Electronics to buy a high-speed UART. They asked me if I knew what to do with it. I said sure, do you want me to explain it to you? :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and hope yall had a pleasant day FYS :)

Im kinda here and not here tonight if yall know how it is. Sitting back and getting lots of puppy boy cuddles while enjoying some vapes and scotch and watching Lord of the RIngs. Life is good!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's and hope yall had a pleasant day FYS :)

Im kinda here and not here tonight if yall know how it is. Sitting back and getting lots of puppy boy cuddles while enjoying some vapes and scotch and watching Lord of the RIngs. Life is good!

Give Rascal a cuddle from me. We went out and about in our new truck today, spending money like crazy people. :giggle: The weather sucked, wet and kinda cold, but we got the filters for our water system, I got a tempered glass screen protector for my new phone, and we picked up a few other odds and ends that we forgot when we did the grocerying.

Oh, and I sure was glad I still had my USB cig lighter-to-micro-USB phone charger in the truck. Somehow this morning I neglected to put a fresh battery in my MiniBook... and on the way back from the place where we got the water filters, I took a hit and got nothing... looked at it, and realized the battery was almost completely dead. I said "OMG, we gotta go home!" He says why, are you outta juice? I said yes, but not the liquid kind, the battery kind! He asked if the phone charger wouldn't make do... and it did! I got it almost halfway charged before we got back home, so I think I'll be keeping that bad boy in the truck! Which was great because our route home took us by the big mall... OMG, crazy people at xmas. It's fucking Saturday, and the traffic was worse than rush hour! :facepalm:

Andria

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Likewise. Don't you miss the days when you had to actually know something, to get online? :giggle: One of the most fun experiences I've had was when I ventured into Delta Electronics to buy a high-speed UART. They asked me if I knew what to do with it. I said sure, do you want me to explain it to you? :giggle:

Andria

Do not miss that shit - I got dragged into the 90s kicking and screaming, lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do not miss that shit - I got dragged into the 90s kicking and screaming, lol

Not me. I had a baby in '88, so I had to find SOMETHING to do to keep my brains from atrophying from either Harlequin novels or soap operas. Got my first PC in '89, started my first BBS in '90, then moved from MI back to GA and REALLY went nuts when we got back to metro Atlanta; it has the largest local dialing area IN THE WORLD (always has had, even back when "long distance" actually meant something!).

I got rid of my hosting back in September, since I've been doing a lot more vape forum than web template development, but I think I've found my new geek niche: Android, maybe learning to develop apps for it. Nobody cares about PCs anymore, they carry their computer around with 'em! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh I got into computers in the 70's.

The first one I worked on did not have a CPU like we know them now it was huge and made up almost entirely of 7400 series chips and all wire wrap. No micro anything.
And magnetic core ram.

I had a temp job at one point in the IBM R&D/Education center here in Atlanta; just light clerical shit, but my boss seemed to see my inner geek, and took me over to one of the warehouses and showed me... A COLOR MONITOR! The screen was still black of course, it was like 1982, but the text was in colors, rather than just green or amber or gray. I was ENTHRALLED. :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wave::cloud::coffee2::snapoutofit::crazy::popcorn::cloud::coffee2::wave:

Had the meridian between radium an ulna in my forearm pop open this morning. This is good because it had been locked up stiff, not allowing energy to flow properly. Well getting motivated with coffee. Run 'er slow.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only one more week and all the faux Christmas cheer will be gone.

Had a wonderful time yesterday driving past a major shopping center. so many stressed drivers. It was wonderful.

I thought it sucked. I was sitting there impatiently in traffic hollering HAVEN'T YOU IDIOTS EVER HEARD OF AMAZON?????????

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Scheduled happiness?
Christmas has become a time when many people are forced by their 'peers' to buy theirselves into debt and be happy about.

Servants of 'The Machine'.

Yeah, we never do that. We spend whatever we have, and if we don't have, we don't spend. Very simple. That's why I never could understand all these folks that claim that vaping is so expensive, they've spent SOOOOOOO much money, blah blah blah.... If you stop spending when you run out of money, you don't go into debt.

Andria

VU Sponsors