Become a Patron!

Easiest to Wick and Best Performing RTA

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very simple twisted stainless ohming out at .14. I'm testingb these. Generally like a spaced coil in all my RTAs - fused SS claptons.

captgreg

Member For 3 Years
I am using the Vaporesso Gemini great air flow and it has to be wicked properly also once you get the feel for it
( them) you will love them.
6.6 years vaping and still love it.
Late post........ :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got another RTA. This time it's just a regular old SS griffin. It should be here middle of next week and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got another RTA. This time it's just a regular old SS griffin. It should be here middle of next week and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.
Love my Griffin. Good choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Kayfun v5 works for me. Easy to coil and wick, great flavor, very smooth airflow and no leaks. Bought a Tobeco clone to try and loved it so much I got 4 more.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Boreas has leaking problems.. So it isn't the easiest to build on.. For if the wicking isn't perfect and I mean perfect it will leak.. Hell even if it is perfect it will leak here and there.. But it has an incredible vape.
You have to be an idiot not to be able to wick the Boreas. Sorry to be so blunt. I have never had a leak in the Boreas, nor have I had to learn any "trick" to wick it. it is so damn simple ... which is what makes it so beautiful to use.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to be an idiot not to be able to wick the Boreas. Sorry to be so blunt. I have never had a leak in the Boreas, nor have I had to learn any "trick" to wick it. it is so damn simple ... which is what makes it so beautiful to use.
Well that isn't completely true. But I think most leaking issues that people experiences are from orings that have gone bad or not tightly enough screwed in. I also experienced issues where the glass didn't center very well and it let a little juice out when screwing on the top. Also if you don't drain the base first by holding it upside down a couple seconds before closing the juice flow control. Refilling will overflow the base and cause it to flood the deck and cause it to leak from the airflow.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every RTA I own leaks on me. It's always occurs on the first fill after re-wicking. It's not like they piss everywhere, the AFC will fill up with juice and after a wipe down and a few hits, it goes away. I've tried a million different wicking techniques and do the whole turning the tank upside down before opening the airflow and juice control but still get a bit of leaking on the initial fill. I'm pretty sure if I had a Boreas I could get that to leak as well.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tend to gravitate towards the Boreas Aromamizer style decks that feed juice from the bottom up. If wicked correctly they seem to get a lot less leaking issues. The Griffin style tanks with the juice flow on the sides tend to give me a tougher time. Not saying they're bad tanks. I just prefer the ones withe the juice flow from the bottom. For some reason they tend to give better flavor as well.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've only had experience with the STM RBA (V1&2), Crown 1 RBA, and Bachelor.
All leaked (not condensation, not weeping, pouring and in cases squirting out) between 1ml and 4ml.
Got the Aromamizer Supreme and it has never leaked a drop. Uses a lot of juice, but not by leaking.
Can't think of a reason to try another tank at this point.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've only had experience with the STM RBA (V1&2), Crown 1 RBA, and Bachelor.
All leaked (not condensation, not weeping, pouring and in cases squirting out) between 1ml and 4ml.
Got the Aromamizer Supreme and it has never leaked a drop. Uses a lot of juice, but not by leaking.
Can't think of a reason to try another tank at this point.
Hey man, to each his own but if I thought that way I would still be vaping on a Sig 75 with an STM and prebuilt coils. Just saying, no matter how much you may like something the world is always changing and there is always something better just around the corner. Personally, I don't let myself get pigeon holed into any one brand, atty, mod, coils, tanks, etc. Shit, if I could swing it I'd want to try everything.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that isn't completely true. But I think most leaking issues that people experiences are from orings that have gone bad or not tightly enough screwed in. I also experienced issues where the glass didn't center very well and it let a little juice out when screwing on the top. Also if you don't drain the base first by holding it upside down a couple seconds before closing the juice flow control. Refilling will overflow the base and cause it to flood the deck and cause it to leak from the airflow.
Well Top, none of the leaking issues you mention here have a thing to do with wicking that I'm aware of. If you notice, the quote I used from Shoutcast was specifically blaming the leaking on wicking ... so again, ya got to be pretty damn bad at wicking to screw it up on a Boreas.

I refill my Boreas from the bottom. Open the jfc/afc all the way, full it up, put the bottom cap back on and turn it over and vape away. No leaking, nothing tricky about it. No burping etc.

I guess everyone has a different take on things, but for sure any half-wit like me can wick a Boreas.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey man, to each his own but if I thought that way I would still be vaping on a Sig 75 with an STM and prebuilt coils.

If I didn't think this way I'd have a Sig 213 with a SX Pure tank.

Mind you, I not opposed to getting something newer/better. It just has to BE better before I go to the trouble of changing my vaping equipment. I vape for smoking replacement, not as a hobby. I have one mod and one kind of tank in use with identical coils. Can the mod change? Sure. Can the tank change? Sure. Can the wire for coils change? Well... again, is it a 'Holy Guacamole!' change or some barely noticeable something?
Change for the sake of change for my vaping experience? Naah, not gonna happen.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't think of a reason to try another tank at this point.[/QUOTE]

This was the reason I said what I said. That statement alone makes it seem like you think the Aromamizer Supreme is the end all and be all. While that may be true for you I'm sure some people would beg to differ.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm kinda late to the party but doesn't the Aromamizer Supreme wick exactly the same as the Boreas? Or is it the other way around? Bottom line, both are good, neither leak-at least for me, but is it me or does the Alleria have a slightly looser air flow than the Aromamizer Supreme? Can't go wrong with either tank.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never thought I would be jonesing for a nice political or religious discussion .....lol.

Truth is there is no one single easiest to wick and best performing RTA that everyone will agree on, we all have our preferences and what is right for us.
The Aromamizer Supreme is an excellent tank but not the first choice for cloud chasers, there wants are just as valid as anyone else's. Some people swear by the flavor of the Sigelei Moonshot, while others swear while trying to build on it. Preferences vary so no one is likely to have the same top 5 list of favorite tanks.

Here is my top tanks for different categories:

Build Quality: Aromamizer Supreme

Flavor: Mage (I don't have the Moonshot cause of the horror to build on and Sigelei is a dick company)

Ease of wicking: Herakles RTA-2 or Limitless Plus, both are super simple.

Cloud chucking: Boreas

I have a hard time picking a favorite but RTA's I find myself using a lot aside from the above are:

Vapeston Cloudnus: just a really good overall tank with goon style deck, Aromamizer style wicking and excellent airflow and flavor.

Wotofo Conqueror: easy to build on, not the best in any one area but really good overall and in my top 5 of tanks for sure just for being enjoyable to use.

Mason Dumptank: this is definitely a ymmv tank. I just like it since it will hold 10ml of juice when I know I will be on the road for a long time. For a 30mm tank the flavor is actually really good and it chucks massive clouds if you want it too.

This is all just my personal preference based on my vape style. I am a deep lung vaper and like decent clouds but flavor is also important. If I was a MTL vaper then of course my picks would be different.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Top, none of the leaking issues you mention here have a thing to do with wicking that I'm aware of. If you notice, the quote I used from Shoutcast was specifically blaming the leaking on wicking ... so again, ya got to be pretty damn bad at wicking to screw it up on a Boreas.

I refill my Boreas from the bottom. Open the jfc/afc all the way, full it up, put the bottom cap back on and turn it over and vape away. No leaking, nothing tricky about it. No burping etc.

I guess everyone has a different take on things, but for sure any half-wit like me can wick a Boreas.

Well Raja. If you read what I posted I agreed for the most part. It isn't foolproof but you are right. I was just building on what people why people might experience what they experience and why. Also suggesting Bottom fill for a top fill tank is not a legitimate solution. If your tank leaks when top filling through the top fill section. Then the tank leaks. Finding a workaround is good and all, but that doesn't make a tank something it's not.

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think another tank that doesnt get its fair share of attention (Probably because of the name) is the Avocado...Mine is the Avocado 24.

Top coil, easy peasy builds because its a top loader....easy peasy wick....For some reason the coils dont junk up nearly as bad and mine stays in that wonderful vaping area of a freshly filled dripper.

Theres a new bottom air flow design out. It might also be worth a try.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I think another tank that doesnt get its fair share of attention (Probably because of the name) is the Avocado...Mine is the Avocado 24.

Top coil, easy peasy builds because its a top loader....easy peasy wick....For some reason the coils dont junk up nearly as bad and mine stays in that wonderful vaping area of a freshly filled dripper.

Theres a new bottom air flow design out. It might also be worth a try.

I don't need anymore tanks! But something you said led me to Rip :giggle: and Rip drools all over this thing. And I mean more than usual :facepalm: . And no spitback...or so he says. That's the one thing that's kept me from the limitless. So let's see where vapecrawler says I can get one of these cheapcheapcheap.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't need anymore tanks! But something you said led me to Rip :giggle: and Rip drools all over this thing. And I mean more than usual :facepalm: . And no spitback...or so he says. That's the one thing that's kept me from the limitless. So let's see where vapecrawler says I can get one of these cheapcheapcheap.

The Limitless Plus and Avocado 24 are real similiar, your mouth is about the same distance from the coils so if one build spits back on one tank it will do the same on the other tank. Rip also has a deal to produce his drip tank with Geek Vapes sister company so I would take anything he says with a grain of salt, much better reviewers out there IMO.

I prefer the LP over the Avocado for the ease of use and the new SS version of the LP has the bandana design engraved on and just looks so good, blows the painted ones out of the water. You can't go wrong with either one though, there both solid tanks.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I've looked at other reviews. You can run this in single coil so it will be offset to one side of the deck. Also the drip tip doesn't appear to have such a wide bore. I hate spit back and just looking at the design it appears it will do it less if you run one coil and block the other side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've looked at other reviews. You can run this in single coil so it will be offset to one side of the deck. Also the drip tip doesn't appear to have such a wide bore. I hate spit back and just looking at the design it appears it will do it less if you run one coil and block the other side.

Good point on the single coil, forgot about that.

I don't recal getting much spitback on either tank, a lot of that depends on your build.

Here is the SS version of the LP, the engraving is sick:

c1f26cb5cfe2c07d66264e37b3fa302f.jpg

It looks a lot better in person.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good point on the single coil, forgot about that.

I don't recal getting much spitback on either tank, a lot of that depends on your build.

Here is the SS version of the LP, the engraving is sick:

c1f26cb5cfe2c07d66264e37b3fa302f.jpg

It looks a lot better in person.

Wow that's a gorgeous pairing. I just picked up another Serpent mini, a Griffin and next on the list is the limitless.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Raja. If you read what I posted I agreed for the most part. It isn't foolproof but you are right. I was just building on what people why people might experience what they experience and why. Also suggesting Bottom fill for a top fill tank is not a legitimate solution. If your tank leaks when top filling through the top fill section. Then the tank leaks. Finding a workaround is good and all, but that doesn't make a tank something it's not.
I hear ya Top! I never said my Boreas leaked on top fill. I vape NET juices so I change the wick quite often. As a result I have it off the mod at least once a day, so, instead of the inverting, draining, turn it back over, fill, and burp it approach, I just fill it when I have it off the mod and am already checking the wick to see how my NET juice is grudging it up. So I just fill it. Easy. No burp, no slurp, no seep, no weep! :D

One reason I started doing the bottom fill was that I got my first Boreas on the original run. The top cap did not have knurling which made it a bit hard to take the top off. Had better luck removing the bottom...got used to it and so that's the way I do it even with my 2nd run versions with the knurling.

What I originally was commenting about was the individual who was pretty much saying we were lying if we said our Boreas didn't leak. And then implying the wicking on it was "tricky". And if you don't get it just right it will leak. It ain't tricky.

It's all good. We vape in a time when there are so damn many good choices of tanks out there. Too bad the FDA has to mess with progress.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's a gorgeous pairing. I just picked up another Serpent mini, a Griffin and next on the list is the limitless.
Thanks, wish I could say it was mine, that is the G2 I sold to a good friend and now he mocks me by sending pics. I did see the SS LP in person at a local shop and when he gave me the price I bought one too. The engraving just doesn't do it justice in pics. Now I have to show restraint and not buy another silver G2 LE....lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, wish I could say it was mine, that is the G2 I sold to a good friend and now he mocks me by sending pics. I did see the SS LP in person at a local shop and when he gave me the price I bought one too. The engraving just doesn't do it justice in pics. Now I have to show restraint and not buy another silver G2 LE....lol

Gotta get the Silver bro. That's the "special one". Lmfao.
0e16767610b318b152f2f7f844cfcfa0.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Watch out for Deuces! He knows how to get ya to spend the $$$$$! LOL
Yeah, its a gift. 20 years as a trader will do that. I gotta find a way to get people to spend money on me. Lmao. I am Enablerman.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just read that the V3 of the LP does include a plug to run it in single coil mode. I know the SS LP is a V3, that is when they released it.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I'm holding off on buying the Avocado 24. I've got too many rebuildables as it is. Read plenty of reviews. It seems like a good unit. But right now I'm using the Billow Plus, Crius Plus, 2 Mages, and 2 Merlins. I can't possibly keep them all in rotation and I like them all. I need to break the addiction to rebuildable purchasing.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm holding off on buying the Avocado 24. I've got too many rebuildables as it is. Read plenty of reviews. It seems like a good unit. But right now I'm using the Billow Plus, Crius Plus, 2 Mages, and 2 Merlins. I can't possibly keep them all in rotation and I like them all. I need to break the addiction to rebuildable purchasing.

BUY N SELL

VAPE ON

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
But the first step in dealing with an addiction is to admit to yourself you have a problem!

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
The last video I saw on the Avocado 24 was by Vaping with Vic, the Scottish bloke. I generally enjoy his style though he is often disorganized. The problem he had with the Avocado is that he completely missed the fact that it has juice filling holes and he filled through the wicks. He was ripped pretty well in the comments section. Quite honestly I get better information here but some of these guys are a hoot to watch. All these YouTubers like everything. And their wicking advice is often bad. At least you get to see the product in detail.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Of all of the guys out there, the one that's really on his game is Scuba Steve. Man knows his shit. I would seriously encourage anyone learning or trying to learn watch his show on VU Live.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kayfun v5 works for me. Easy to coil and wick, great flavor, very smooth airflow and no leaks. Bought a Tobeco clone to try and loved it so much I got 4 more.
Just got my Sjmy clone Kayfun 5 tonight. Never owned any Kayfuns before. Thought it would take a few tries to get it working properly. Nope one time and it worked perfect! I absolutely love it! It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I will be getting another.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got my Sjmy clone Kayfun 5 tonight. Never owned any Kayfuns before. Thought it would take a few tries to get it working properly. Nope one time and it worked perfect! I absolutely love it! It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I will be getting another.
I got the the same version a couple of weeks ago. Really a beautiful clone, but not enough airflow for me. I will keep it for vaping in movie theaters. LOL

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a fan of a shorter RTA for the look. Limitless Plus is my main RTA to date.
Looking at a Mage and waiting for feedback on the Ijoy Combo
for the same reason. Top cap design is a style I like too..

VU Sponsors