Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by gsmit1, Jan 15, 2019.
Works a treat! Despite being a pain to suss out the first time actually after that it takes fewer steps to wick than most other RTAs
I think the pom poms could afford to be just a hair shorter, which I'm going to try next time, but I'm confident in this method of wicking the RTA. I'm certain that most of the problems I'm seeing around that folks are having with gurgling and leaking are due to not have those holes covered and liquid being pulled through while hitting it and especially with a full tank.
I think they said the cotton ( pom poms ) should be right against the chimney...How is the flavor now?
who said that? The flavor is the same, but no overwicking.
The designers, Joel and Brian.
just re-wicked mine, cut the pompoms to the wick retention ring.
That's the same mesh I mailed you a strip of. 200
The one "knock" I have for the Profile, I'd like to cut the airflow a little. Just a little.
I find it just right with the top holes closed. Wait, this is the rda thread right?
Just rotate the topcap, close off as much as you wish.
Holy crap I didn't even realize it was adjustable LOL
Awww man, it's a whole new world now.
It is quite tight until until it lubes up with juice
That's what she said.
Been looking for her all my life......
Eugh, think I went too far in the wrong direction... pulled a chunk of Flashwicks cotton exactly in half... (i think it started off a little thinner than a cotton bacon strip) and rewick and it was perfect. Juice coming through the middle when squonking, no dark line up the middle 3 days later when it usually shows within about 5mins, not even a darkening of juice! Was going so well until midday Sat I randomly just got a couple of hits JUST on the verge of burning out of nowhere, nothing changed at all. I turned it down a wee bit and took slightly shorter hits and it was fine. Just coming into work this morning and as I took that one last quick hit before going in it was a full on dry/burnt hit, my first on mesh... awww man, not nice at all!
Still looks perfect, theres no burnt or dark spots at all, must just be not quite enough cotton and it sagging slightly. So if cotton bacon is thicker than this then half a CB should be bang on.
My last line above is correct, Cotton Bacon is a bit thicker than Flashwicks so half of the CB was perfect! been a week now and no dry hits, sag or burnt hits at all. (that was CB Prime, not sure if the normal V2 is different)
But an extra wee tip for the RDA... i just pulled it apart to put a stronger spring in, Got one from a pen that was far too long but strong so used my wire clippers to cut it and got 3 'Profile size' springs out of the one big one. But the tip is when swapping it and unscrewing the ceramic block i noticed when I tighten the srew holding the block in the ceramic plate actually sits quite far down. However, the threading on that screw is wayyy more than is needed, so i unscrewed it 2 full turns which still holds everything in place no problem at all but the ceramic block actually sits a little higher. So that combined with the stronger spring should mean the cotton should (in theorey) never sag. Fingers crossed.
You and I are gonna get along friend.
I have been thinking this very thing with a stronger spring, but haven't gotten around to trying it. I LOVE highly effective and inexpensive ghetto solutions. Good stuff.
I have 5 Profiles and it is by far my favorite Squonk RDA using mesh like it is intended.
But that being said, I'm always experimenting.
I was gifted some notch coils, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them but I decided to try one in the Profile and I am honestly impressed. The flavor is great and it wicks great.
But wait, there's more!
I always wondered what the Profile would be like as a dripper so I put one of the 22mm conversion caps on one and a solid 510 pin and it's an awesome dripper as well!
Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
I put those wotofo mesh and re wicked my profile last night. Took almost 3/4 of of a cotton bacon, folded it double and then stuffed it under the mesh. Cut the cotton diagonally right alongside of mesh and boy o boy it has shown me what it is. the flavor that I’m getting is phenomenal. I was not able to put it down since then.
It is back in my first row of preferred rdas.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk