Become a Patron!

DNA 200, which one to get?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Battery life wise nothing beats a triple 18650 mod like a Reuleaux or Triade. The downside being they are heavy bastards and not very pocket friendly. My favorite all around DNA has got to be my VT133. 133 watts is fine for me since I am rarely over 90 watts. Dual 18650's so it's not a big deal to carry a spare set. Very pocket friendly.

Last edited:

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've emailed him, message through Facebook, message through instagram. No replies in 4 days..... Most mods are 3s Lipo with 1500 mah making it 4500 mah....... So difficult to say his are 800 or 900 mah making it 2250...... But I can't order one without this detail on the Lipo power.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Went to his website and found the battery he used in that (he also has a 2800mah device) and found it to be this one.

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lipo-2250-111-Flight-Pack

So yeah actually 2250 mah. The 2800 he has puts my modcrate Silo-2000 to shame.

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lipo-2800-111-350QX-Pack

Basically hobby batteries in a hammond box and a DNA board and almost nothing else.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to his website and found the battery he used in that (he also has a 2800mah device) and found it to be this one.

Basically hobby batteries in a hammond box and a DNA board and almost nothing else.
That's has be a pretty big and heavy mod then. No free ride, more power = bigger and heavier.

Cheers,
Steve

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Those are huge and heavy batteries. I have a QX350 and it is a decent size quadropter.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The advantage here would be that sourcing the replacements and installing them might be the easiest of all mods.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got his message today...... Decided on a (3)s Lipo 11.1v 2800mah 100c

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VT133 is sweet but Vaping it at 85 watts and ..10 ohms it eats those 18650's..... But it's a nice box !!!!

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The VT133 is sweet but Vaping it at 85 watts and ..10 ohms it eats those 18650's..... But it's a nice box !!!!

Why waste a VT133 in wattage mode? Just asking:D

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah that 2800mah 100c is the shit....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's more than watts..... First temp I Vape at 490 degrees second you need 85 watts to get coil hot quick and the coil at .10 ohms doesn't help..... It requires a heavy amp load..... It kills batts quick....... So for a powerful Vape low ohms high watts you need a Lipo...... 2800 mah x 3 and 11.1 volts and an amp rating of 100 amps...... Now that's Vaping day and night without Changing cells....just fill up the 10ml tank

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's more than watts..... First temp I Vape at 490 degrees second you need 85 watts to get coil hot quick and the coil at .10 ohms doesn't help..... It requires a heavy amp load..... It kills batts quick....... So for a powerful Vape low ohms high watts you need a Lipo...... 2800 mah x 3 and 11.1 volts and an amp rating of 100 amps...... Now that's Vaping day and night without Changing cells....just fill up the 10ml tank

A DNA 200 chip has an input limit of 24 amps (Datasheet says 23 amps but you can set it to 24 amps in Escribe so I think when the firmware was updated it changed to 24). It has a 25 amp on board fuse. The output is 50 amps continuous, 55 amps pulse. They also have preheat that can get your coil up to temperature fast. You set it it yourself, up to 200 watts, punch setting and time.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but I changed it on some of the SS settings in the Ecig file. Punch goes from 1-11. IIRC it shuts off preheat at differing % of your set temp. It shuts off at the time you set, but punch will kill it sooner if you get within a certain range of your temp. The higher the number, the closer it lets you get.

Edit:
Preheat Power: For temperature controlled coils, the amount of power applied to preheat the atomizer coil
Preheat Punch: Adjusts how aggressively the DNA 200 will preheat the coil.

Preheat Time Limit: The maximum amount of time to apply preheat power if set temperature is not
reached

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Punch my 430ss Claptons @ 75 watts for 1 sec. at 450f and they last all day (2- Samsung 30Q) on the VT133.
I can't Vape like that..... now (2) super juggernauts ohming at .10 and 85watts on 550 Fahrenheit for 8 seconds now that I can Vape..

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, but I changed it on some of the SS settings in the Ecig file. Punch goes from 1-11. IIRC it shuts off preheat at differing % of your set temp. It shuts off at the time you set, but punch will kill it sooner if you get within a certain range of your temp. The higher the number, the closer it lets you get.

I will pm you tomorrow :giggle:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't Vape like that..... now (2) super juggernauts ohming at .10 and 85watts on 550 Fahrenheit for 8 seconds now that I can Vape..

The temperature setting controls how hot the vape gets.

Preheat and Power controls how fast you get there.

Some people just set everything to 200 watts and let the chip reduce power once you reach set temp. Most people set it somewhere in-between. It all depends on whether you want a vape that builds or one that blasts you immediately. That's the beauty of the DNA200 chip, you can customize your vape to your own personal preference.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: Here's the link to the Escribe user manual
http://www.evolvapor.com/manuals/EScribeManual.pdf

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But to get it to 600 degrees you need power which is why you need 100 watts or even more........ Dnas require a lot of power and sooner or later people who own them realize .... Dang this thing dies quick ???? I wonder why ....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing not to forget is that Li-ON Chemistry is different than Lipo chemistry...... 9000 mah on (3) 18650 Li Cannot be compared to (3)s 2150mah Lipo 11.1v at true C-100

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright someone gets it..... So 16 watt hours on a Lipo equals how many 18650 3,000 mah hours ?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What are you trying to do? And why the comparison?
The wh is just the unit of power over time.
watt-hour is equal to milliamp-hour times volts divided by 1000
Wh = mAh Ă— V / 1000

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant 85 watts and 500 degrees farenheit ..... On a .08 ohm SS316 dual coil on Stainless 316 preset with a 5 punch......

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Battery life wise nothing beats a triple 18650 mod like a Reuleaux or Triade. The downside being they are heavy bastards and not very pocket friendly. My favorite all around DNA has got to be my VT133. 133 watts is fine for me since I am rarely over 90 watts. Dual 18650's so it's not a big deal to carry a spare set. Very pocket friendly.
Have to strongly agree with Jack and Steve, the VT is just the cat's meow for what one may consider typical vaping. @ 45-50 watts with .4 resistance, the samsung 25R batteries last me 7-8 hours.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you trying to do? And why the comparison?
The wh is just the unit of power over time.
watt-hour is equal to milliamp-hour times volts divided by 1000
Wh = mAh Ă— V / 1000
I'm just trying to figure out that some are telling me to buy a triad (3) 18650 DNA200 and not to buy the 2150mah 3s 11.1v 100c mad modder DNA200...... They want me also to buy a DNA133 with (2) 18650 because it's better power...... Making me ????? Question if I should get this ......
uploadfromtaptalk1468479470336.jpeg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a Reuleux and I wake up at 10am and put (3) LG hb 2 I replace them at 2:00pm with (3) Sony VTC5 then I Vape at work until 8pm and replace them with (3) more LG In2 3000 mah...at 1:30 am (3) more LG He4.... I'm Vaping at 100 watts...... I'm tired of carrying fucking 12 batteries every where I go. That's why I want to go Lipo

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a Reuleux and I wake up at 10am and put (3) LG hb 2 I replace them at 2:00pm with (3) Sony VTC5 then I Vape at work until 8pm and replace them with (3) more LG In2 3000 mah...at 1:30 am (3) more LG He4.... I'm Vaping at 100 watts...... I'm tired of carrying fucking 12 batteries every where I go. That's why I want to go Lipo

I understand, hope it works out for you. Everyone has their vaping preference, certainly nothing wrong by any means.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks one of my best boxes ever......... Until I blew it up.......

It didn't blow up.... 510 stopped making connections making the RX act weird.... I'm getting her rewired and a new Fat daddy/ Varitube 510 put in.... She should be home soon......

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just trying to figure out that some are telling me to buy a triad (3) 18650 DNA200 and not to buy the 2150mah 3s 11.1v 100c mad modder DNA200...... They want me also to buy a DNA133 with (2) 18650 because it's better power...... Making me ????? Question if I should get this ......
View attachment 56426

I was giving my opinion to the person that actually started the thread. Then your crazy ass jumped in and started crazy train :giggle::giggle:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was giving my opinion to the person that actually started the thread. Then your crazy ass jumped in and started crazy train :giggle::giggle:
It's cool to get opinions, I'm just trying and justifying to the inner me on spending $400.00

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 56426

I have lipo DNAs and a few of the 18650 DNAs
Even though the lipo DNAs I have also have rapid chargers on them, I stopped using them because IF I end up not being able to plug in for whatever reason I would not be able to deal cells.
I went months with just lipo mods and it was never a problem - not even once.
Im just set more at ease.
Now. The lipo mods do get taken in short runs or a night out. But Thas it.
Im a 50-60w vapor (75w preheat) so 133w is all I need. Occasionally I party ik n the 90w range but that is only a couple times a week and for that I prefer my hexohm.
But, if I rocked a 85w vape that would be 100-120w preheat I would be looking at a triple 18650 mod for the power management, battery life and ability to swap cells on the fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does make sense, I admit it, I guess I'm a chain Vaper....... I do Vape on average 30ml daily..... On a Saturday bowling night, mixed drinks, beer, pizza, maybe Vape more......

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I tried to explain to you yesterday. The DNA200 chip has a 23-24 amp input limit. I don't care if a Lipo can put out a million amps. The chip can only take 23-24 amps. Three 3000mah 18650's have a total of 33.3 Watt Hours. Two would be 22.2 Watt Hours, you can also have a spare set on hand to double your runtime.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So even if a Lipo can handle 100 amps and your only pushing 24 amps out of it will it last longer, or fire at a more consistent power output since your only pushing it at 25 or 30% of its max output.?

I'm trying to figure out why are these mad modder boxes so hard to find and even more so difficult to have made ...... Is it a fad, or are they really as ass kicking as everyone swears they are....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Trying to understand a vape trend is like drinking a gallon of vodka before a calculus test.

He was one of the first DNA200 molders to offer a mod with a big enough lipo to run all day. It's a well built custom enclosure. It's also a low supply/high demand product

That's truthfully it.

When I buy a mod I ask myself
-does this fit my needs
- is it built well
- will I like it
- will it last

And that's it. The trends and fads aren't my thing, then again I recently bought a 50w tube from provape a few weeks before a 200w DNA mod that costs half as much but is used 3 times more often,. So I'm not normal

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He emailed me and told me that the Lipo is a 3s Lipo with 3 cells they each have 2250 mah, but he's wired them in series so the total is still 2250 mah. He also tells me that to really kill in 8 to 12 hours I have to really hit that shit hard..... And if I want to really hit it to maybe go 2800 mah or 4500 mah.... I just don't want or have that kind of dough......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So in your opinion, I should just get a Triade DNA200..... It will perform the same as the box were talking about....

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't speak to how good those mods are but since it uses a DNA200 chip it will have the same specs as any other mod that uses a DNA200 chip. Here's some different DNA200 mods I do have.

IMG_20160708_141522_zpspcybyvwx.jpg

IMG_20160304_114738_zpsfzas6rj5.jpg

IMG_20160304_114836_zpsfj2vyqtx.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think a Triade is a nice mod. It really comes down to personal preference. As long as you get a DNA200 mod with good build quality they will all operate the same.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We can't tell you Should get only what we would get

Here is what I own in the DNA world
- vaporshark dna200 900mah lipo
-whiteout DNA 200 1300 man lipo
- vaporshark vapor flask 2 18650
- hcigar 133 -2 18650

I rarely use the whiteout but alternate the others.
If it were me I would avoid another lipo mod For the sheer comfort and longevity in this time,
- you have to use the micro USB charging which is another possible fail Point.
- you can swap out battery on the fly
- as the battery degrades You are faced with another possible fail point
- in this case you get service for however long a smaller modder is in business or through evolv

Evolv is great for the board but who will service the mod?

VU Sponsors