Become a Patron!

DNA 200, which one to get?

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
Hi everybody. I have Hcigar VT200 and is a great mod, except for battery life. I also have a Vapor Shark Flask DNA 40, of course with dual 18650. With HG (brown 3000 Mah) batteries I get much longer, two-three times battery life with same tank, coil and watt or temperature NI200. Therefore I want a dual 18650 DNA 75. What would be the best mod to buy then? I have looked at The Therion and one more that I have forgotten the name on :facepalm:. I crave for the Flask 133, but it`s serial mounted batteries, so there goes the battery life. Anyone who got a dual DNA 75 who would chime in with some pros and cons?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everybody. I have Hcigar VT200 and is a great mod, except for battery life. I also have a Vapor Shark Flask DNA 40, of course with dual 18650. With HG (brown 3000 Mah) batteries I get much longer, two-three times battery life with same tank, coil and watt or temperature NI200. Therefore I want a dual 18650 DNA 75. What would be the best mod to buy then? I have looked at The Therion and one more that I have forgotten the name on :facepalm:. I crave for the Flask 133, but it`s serial mounted batteries, so there goes the battery life. Anyone who got a dual DNA 75 who would chime in with some pros and cons?
You will get better battery life with a series DNA200 vs a parallel DNA75.

Whether the batteries are wired in series or parralel doesnt effect battery life in a regulated mod..
In a regulated mod, the batteries feed the chip, then the chip steps up or down voltage and does the inverse to the amperage to feed the coil.

No matter which way the batteries are wired you have the same amount of watt hours and current draw. The only difference is one chip (DNA200) is more efficient so you will get less power loss in heat. So in effect to run the same wattage to the coils, you would need less power from the batteries with the DNA200.

Think of it like this, you want to run at 30 watts. In series with fully charged batteries you would have 8.4v to the chip so you would need 3.57 amps (from each battery) to feed the chip 30 watts.

In parallel the chip would see 4.2v so you would need 7.14 amps split between 2 batteries or 3.57 amps from each battery. No matter how you slice it, it's the same.

Now I didn't take chip losses into effect - with the DNA75 you will have more so you will need a little more current, hence shorter runtime.
* DNA200 is 97% efficient vs DNA75 is 85% efficient*

I like the Vapor Sharks dual battery DNA200 mods (Vapor Flask and VS133).
For the best bang for the buck, I love the Hcigar VT133.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit in series voltage adds. In parallel current adds. With half the voltage, you need twice the current.
The chip will always see the voltage that's present and draw the current that it needs.
I (amps) = P (wattage) / E (Voltage)

OhmsLaw.jpg

VU Sponsors