Just ask China!............actually................don't

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In addition to being a Secular Franciscan, I am also a Marian.....to the extent that I have undergone the lengthy process of becoming Consecrated to Her through the process set forth by St Louis de Montfort. Whilst there are many Cantcles in the Catholic Faith, the one that has the most special meaning to me, is also the one that truly spells out her Devotion to God, and is the root of how deeply I love Her. The Canticle is called "The Magnificat"...I will post it here, followed by the Liturgical version in Latin.

My soul glorifies the Lord, *
my spirit rejoices in God, my Saviour.
He looks on his servant in her lowliness; *
henceforth all ages will call me blessed.
The Almighty works marvels for me. *
Holy his name!
His mercy is from age to age, *
on those who fear him.
He puts forth his arm in strength *
and scatters the proud-hearted.
He casts the mighty from their thrones *
and raises the lowly.
He fills the starving with good things, *
sends the rich away empty.
He protects Israel, his servant, *
remembering his mercy,
the mercy promised to our fathers, *
to Abraham and his sons for ever.

Magnificat anima mea Dominum,
et exsultavit spiritus meus in Deo salvatore meo,
quia respexit humilitatem ancillae suae.
Ecce enim ex hoc beatam me dicent omnes generationes,
quia fecit mihi magna,
qui potens est,
et sanctum nomen eius,
et misericordia eius in progenies et progenies
timentibus eum.
Fecit potentiam in brachio suo,
dispersit superbos mente cordis sui;
deposuit potentes de sede
et exaltavit humiles;
esurientes implevit bonis
et divites dimisit inanes.
Suscepit Israel puerum suum,
recordatus misericordiae,
sicut locutus est ad patres nostros,
Abraham et semini eius in saecula.

Pax Et Bonum

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ehm...the last three made my heart race.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning everyone!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i was called a demon seed. i was sorta uncomfortable with that.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My Blessed Virgin Mother saved me once again from catastrophic disaster. Thank you my beautiful Queen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
was it the oysters?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
one can't be too careful with midwest seafood.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for this thread. I would appreciate prayers for my wife, family and I. For the struggles we face and the poverty we are trying to endure. I ask for prayers of ability and blessings, God knows if I could have the opportunity to just have enough to give back and make some of my ideas reality I would. There are many things that are not right in this world and many people much worse off. I take joy in my sufferings that I have endured for the Lord but look forward to the day I can help those who are in suffering and help to alleviate their hurt and anguish through love and His will. Please say a little prayer for my family and I as I seek to be a father and husband who can and will make a difference. I ask for shielding from the fiery arrows and a squire to help me dawn the armour of Ephesians and the necessary abundance to make a difference for those who are in need. I thank you again and appreciate love in all it's many forms.
In love.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for this thread. I would appreciate prayers for my wife, family and I. For the struggles we face and the poverty we are trying to endure. I ask for prayers of ability and blessings, God knows if I could have the opportunity to just have enough to give back and make some of my ideas reality I would. There are many things that are not right in this world and many people much worse off. I take joy in my sufferings that I have endured for the Lord but look forward to the day I can help those who are in suffering and help to alleviate their hurt and anguish through love and His will. Please say a little prayer for my family and I as I seek to be a father and husband who can and will make a difference. I ask for shielding from the fiery arrows and a squire to help me dawn the armour of Ephesians and the necessary abundance to make a difference for those who are in need. I thank you again and appreciate love in all it's many forms.
In love.
Consider it done.

VU Sponsors