Closed

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will lead off with one of my favourite passages about love....it is both encouraging and passionate.
It is from St John's first letter to the Corinthians, chapter 13, verses 4-7

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
MUCH harder than most people can possibly imagine. I have done it.....and daily...RE-do it! lol
1zy5sjr.jpg

Last edited:

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry @franciscan, prayers not really my thing, but I think it is (was) cool of you to offer your services. Lovely words about love, I will remember those.

Odian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I enjoyed them too. And in this world of so much hate, it was nice to see something unrequited.

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Upon reflection, would a mod or admin or whatever please delete this thread? I will not be contributing any more to it. Thank you kindly.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Hey now! You had the right idea, don't bail. I wouldn't normally speak about anything like this, but this thread was right on time man. C'mon now bubba

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As a non Christian, I will say I found no offence by what you posted. That was not so much religious as it was inspirational. Sharing these things doesn't mean we would have to click the thread if we do not want to. If someone caused an issue, it is pretty screwed up.

I like this forum because it is more open and we can share opinions and views. Just my two cents. Most all religious texts preach the same peace and love towards mankind, they just do ot to a different tune.

Most love brother.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Alrighty then....I am here for you all.
Blow up this thread....blow up my PMs....MAKE ME BUSY.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cherish all prayers made om my behalf Friar. If you run out of people to pray for pray for me!
My life verse is from the pen of the apostle Paul....
Romans 8:18- For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I cherish all prayers made om my behalf Friar. If you run out of people to pray for pray for me!
My life verse is from the pen of the apostle Paul....
Romans 8:18- For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
I wonder how many people who are not familiar with scripture know that St Paul.....who wrote most of the New Testament....was a serial killer?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love saying this around my fellow Friars and Priests: Once I was approached by a young man who wanted me to grant him absolution....WELL, I am not ordained so I can not perform a Sacrament...but I did ask him in front of several Franciscans WHY he needed to confess. "Brother, I am an AWFUL son....I am so bad and disrespectful to my parents!!!"
I told him "Aww, it cant be that bad! Jesus was the worst son ever!!!" (I could actually hear three Priests faceplaming behind me...)
"He was always hanging out with the boys....sleeping outside and missing meals. He would be gone for weeks at a time and not even bother telling his mom where he was going or when he would be back! ONCE when he was only nine years old....he snuck away from his parents to go preach in Jerusalem...and they didnt even know he was not with them until they were halfway back to Nazareth (90 mountainous miles away)! The sad part is...all his mother wanted, was for him to bring home a nice Jewish girl...WHAT DOES HE DO??? Brings home a hooker!!!!"

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wonder how many people who are not familiar with scripture know that St Paul.....who wrote most of the New Testament....was a serial killer?
Yes, Saul Of Tarsus (St. Paul) initial reaction to the newly formed Christian movement was to zealously persecute and kill its early followers and to violently attempt to destroy the movement. Until that road to Damascus....:)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, Saul Of Tarsus (St. Paul) initial reaction to the newly formed Christian movement was to zealously persecute and kill its early followers and to violently attempt to destroy the movement. Until that road to Damascus....:)
Indeed...going blind in prison for no reason tends to wake a person up! The lesson is quite clear though.....Jesus picks the misfits for very good reasons....they make the best witnesses to great change. As I always say....it is not so much the sin...but what you do to address sin and make amends....we ALL sin...we are designed that way! What counts is that we always try to fix the issues as they occur. We WILL fail time and time again...most of the time it's the same damn thing. "Every Saint has a past, every sinner, a future" And as we learn from the Good Thief...it is NEVER EVER too late! Good grief...I belong to a religious order and I seldom get it right! lol

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Indeed...going blind in prison for no reason tends to wake a person up! The lesson is quite clear though.....Jesus picks the misfits for very good reasons....they make the best witnesses to great change. As I always say....it is not so much the sin...but what you do to address sin and make amends....we ALL sin...we are designed that way! What counts is that we always try to fix the issues as they occur. We WILL fail time and time again...most of the time it's the same damn thing. "Every Saint has a past, every sinner, a future" And as we learn from the Good Thief...it is NEVER EVER too late!
I've always identified with St. Paul when he said he was the "chief of sinners". in 1 Timothy 1:15. As was/am I.
Sorry for going on and on. Though I'm an uneducated man I've been obsessed with the scriptures for many years.
Especially the 1611 KJV

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've always identified with St. Paul when he said he was the "chief of sinners". in 1 Timothy 1:15. As was/am I.
Sorry for going on and on. Though I'm an uneducated man I've been obsessed with the scriptures for many years.
Especially the 1611 KJV
That is why this is here! Faith talk for those unafraid to be JUST THIS COOL. I do want to remind all that this is not strictly Christian.....all faiths.....mono....poly...whatever, are welcome. It is my belief that God answers to many names and in many ways. As I have been known to say since God has no name........"God does not care WHAT you call Him/Her...as long as you CALL"

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Especially the 1611 KJV
I tend to switch back and forth between the New American Bible, and the Douray Reims. I also use a concordance, and a copy of "What Does The Bible Say About......." in my work as an apologetic.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As you know brother i covet your prayers and I keep you in mine.
I like this thread and I hope it flourishes.
do you mind if I drop a music video from time to time?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As you know brother i covet your prayers and I keep you in mine.
I like this thread and I hope it flourishes.
do you mind if I drop a music video from time to time?
Videos..inspirational pics....verse......or just some wise stuff that you run across!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
YAY...he quoted Matthew!!! "They are not of this world, as I am not of this world"!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have NOTW from that passage tattooed at the top of my spine just under "Adonai Elohim" in Hebrew.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FUCKING AWESOME!
I know right!
powerful stuff!
I love to think about the type of people music like theirs and Lacey's and others are reaching.
People that conventional preaching may not impact but ministering through music that they can relate to being a powerful witnessing tool.

krazy.chic

Member For 4 Years
I find this thread, and after reading each post.... I must say that this is a truly beautiful idea and/or concept. We all need love, spiritual power, hope, healing, and forgiveness.... At some point in our lives. I admit that I struggle, especially during the winter months, just to have peace from within. So much pain and suffering we see around us.... Any offering of Love, no matter of difference between us... It brings comfort and warmth just the same.

Thank you for this !! :)

</*+*\> ~Mαri€♥

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I find this thread, and after reading each post.... I must say that this is a truly beautiful idea and/or concept. We all need love, spiritual power, hope, healing, and forgiveness.... At some point in our lives. I admit that I struggle, especially during the winter months, just to have peace from within. So much pain and suffering we see around us.... Any offering of Love, no matter of difference between us... It brings comfort and warmth just the same.

Thank you for this !! :)

</*+*\> ~Mαri€♥
We CAN heal this world through His Grace!! And I can not stress enough...that we can be ourselves...and be cool and trendy and JOYFUL!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey...why not?
It is my intent for this to be a service for those that would appreciate some prayer power.

I could use a little prayer for my little boy. Sidney, 7yrs old, very high fever, dizzy, chills. Don't know what's going on but I suspect the flu. I have his fever stabilized using Tylenol at the moment. Taking him to the Doctor first thing in the morning. He's a fun loving little guy and it hurts me bad to see him like this.

Thanks for posting this thread

Here's my little buddy feeling good a few days ago!

Sidney.jpg

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I could use a little prayer for my little boy. 7yrs old, very high fever, dizzy, chills. Don't know what's going on but I suspect the flu. I have his fever stabilized using Tylenol at the moment. Taking him to the Doctor first thing in the morning. He's a fun loving little guy and it hurts me bad to see him like this.

Praying right now for you and your son!

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could use a little prayer for my little boy. Sidney, 7yrs old, very high fever, dizzy, chills. Don't know what's going on but I suspect the flu. I have his fever stabilized using Tylenol at the moment. Taking him to the Doctor first thing in the morning. He's a fun loving little guy and it hurts me bad to see him like this.

It is the worst thing for our children to be sick. As much as we want to, there is little we can do to help them. I hate when my boys are sick, if you could trade spots you would, but we can't. Hope the little guy gets back to par asap.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Praying right now for you and your son!
As am I

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What a wonderful daddy you are Robert! I am confident that the love shown to this wee guy will be the best medicine he will ever need! I applaud you.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And the chain begins...and through the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ...the seeds sown on this fertile...ehm.....cyber-ground....will bear miraculous fruit!

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Franciscan I need your prayers I've had 3 heart attacks and I smoke still giving e cigs a try but they make me cough . I'm weak when it comes to cigs

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Franciscan I need your prayers I've had 3 heart attacks and I smoke still giving e cigs a try but they make me cough . I'm weak when it comes to cigs
You are not alone. My sister in law went through chemo still smoking. It IS a hard habit to break.

Do you have anyone close to you that vapes? There could be several reasons for the cough. Finding that reason and fixing the problem could make all the difference for you. If you need help just ask. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Best of luck to you!

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plus the guilt and shame of been given a second chance then spitting in God's face by not changing. ...actually writing it down has helped show me how moronic I have been thank you

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am praying for you right now Arthur.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Plus the guilt and shame of been given a second chance then spitting in God's face by not changing. ...actually writing it down has helped show me how moronic I have been thank you
Arthur, I want you to remember what St Paul said in his letter to the Romans. Chapter 8, verses 38-39.
"38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What area are you in?
Might be someone fairly local to lend ya a helping vape hand or a decent B&M to steer you in the right direction.

What kind of gear are you trying?
Cigalikes might be the issue, to many different factors.

What juice?
To much flavoring or nic or pg or vg.

Coughing is bad but coughing gunk out is good.

Good intentions and thoughts.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Halo G6 with Halo juice 12mg. I think my coughing comes from try to smoke it like a cigarette and inhale

VU Sponsors