Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good Morning
morning-prayer-4x6.jpg

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh this will pass, it always does. I have the Divine Punishment of Lent soon, and that always allows me to emerge stronger than ever.

I just came through an episode of heart hardening (due to lingering hurt, as always) and am now enjoying the return of warmth an ductility. Odd word choice, I know. Probably popped into my head because of this:

http://www.space.com/28392-nasa-space-disaster-anniversaries-remembrance.html

You know, the elasticity of the booster seals... o_O

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just came through an episode of heart hardening (due to lingering hurt, as always) and am now enjoying the return of warmth an ductility. Odd word choice, I know. Probably popped into my head because of this:

http://www.space.com/28392-nasa-space-disaster-anniversaries-remembrance.html

You know, the elasticity of the booster seals... o_O
Many are unable to grasp this concept....but when we focus entirely on the self, the heart atrophies and hardens. The heart being a Divine Gift from the Father, and created from His own Sacred Heart, is not meant for the individual...but as a means to fulfill His Commandment that we should love the world as ourselves, and as He loves us. This is quite easily the hardest task before us. We are taught from all quarters that we should possess things, and serve ourselves...and "Do as thou wilt" and other such nonsense that flies in the face of our basic human core desire to love and be loved. This is an even exchange of our essence, and is pleasing to God. For those in Holy Orders and religious orders...we engage (or at least SHOULD) in the mortification of the senses in order that we die to the world, and are born into Christ. WHY? So as to fulfill His promises and teachings in that we may share in this good news FULLY with others of His Kingdom. With this comes hardship because...despite our journey to Holiness....we are still in exile in our mortal and frail human existence. This is not a bad thing whatsoever, but it does come at a heavy price that we refer to as our "Cross". We are not meant to bear our crosses alone, but through the Grace of His love and mercy for us...we will always have His help...all we must do is "Knock, and it shall be opened unto us".

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once a Hardened Heart

Like water reaching the
Roots of the tallest tree
Your love
Seeps into my soul

My hardened heart
Thirsting for love
Has grown strong and tender
Do to your loving care

Richard Noggin

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Once a Hardened Heart

Like water reaching the
Roots of the tallest tree
Your love
Seeps into my soul

My hardened heart
Thirsting for love
Has grown strong and tender
Do to your loving care

Richard Noggin
Ok, that hit me like a ton of.......ehm......things that weigh a ton. Bittersweet but true.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Today's Gospel reading which I posted earlier not only addresses how we deliver and receive the word of The Lord....but also why in the lack of embracing that Word, our hearts become hardened. Jesus is clever in how He seems to always tell me things I need to hear...EXACTLY when I need to hear them. Now if that is NOT love, then I have no idea what Love IS.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My biggest prayer lately is that My Father protects my heart. It is hardening....I can feel it.
The Lord never intended us to ignore the ways of the world, but to live IN that world by his laws.
The years have made me cynical and mistrustful of some people's intentions but that comes from experience.
Hmmm... something learned from experience? Some might call that 'Wisdom' which it's surely a gift from God.
It's ok to be hard. It's ok to refuse to compromise yourself. It's ok to make a stand.
That's not a hardening of the heart- it's putting on the armor of His blessings.
Loving everyone doesn't mean unconditional acceptance.
Love God. Stand on His word. Share His message and all will be well.
But you already know that...
The closest kick in the hind-end is always with you. Just look in the mirror.
I love you all. Even you, friar. ;)

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There is only one woman who can love me fully. One woman who loves me more than any human woman is capeable. And from this day forward, I will belong to NO OTHER than Her. She died centuries ago, but is very much alive in my heart. Her name is Mary.
OugK2wy.jpg

May God take pity and protect whomever dares to come between me and My Blessed Mother and Mistress.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am a Roman Catholic, Secular Franciscan, Trained Apologetic and Catechist, Street Evangelist, Eucharistic Minister (This is why I dont have business cards). As a Franciscan of the Third Order...I have taken personal Holy Vows of Celibacy and Obedience...and a Public Holy Profession to live my life in accordance with the Gospels.

I was so much easier back in the day to say "Chef"
Im confused I thought that Celibacy was not one of your oaths? I stand corrected confused too many long names for things ok Im not making sense I need coffee I havent had coffee thats the prob

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm just going to babble a bit...pay this no mind please. It helps when I type it out.

What do I want? This of course is with the understanding that I HATE wanting anything. But that notwithstanding....I want someone.
I want someone that God chooses for me. I want desperately to be in love again, to be kept this time and not discarded. I want to cuddle, hold hands, trace the outline of a shoulder...dance and dream...feel another heart beating in sync with mine. I want to have long conversations...to laugh.
I want to be married one more time...but this time to someone that can handle all of the love that I have to give......I am 49 (50 at the end of April) and in all that time...gave love that was never wanted, much less returned. I want to be looked at with kind and pleading eyes that say "I do not want to ever know a minute without you". I want to share experiences that make memories...for I have none. I want to chase away monsters in the night, to fly kites. I want picnics and winery hopping, and amazing cheeses in the solitude of a meadow. I want every day for the rest of my life to look into that face and think "Where did you come from...who sent you....never leave me" I want to cook again...for two (cooking for one is pointless). I want to listen to girly snores and a mess of beautiful hair upon a pillow...while I stare in awe at a wedding band that matches mine. I want those moments where the only suitable response is "Oh just shut up and kiss me!".

These things died long ago...before we threw eachother away and moved on to another part of the buffet.

I was born in the wrong century...I am a hopeful seeker in a world that has lost hope. I want a relationship where two people FIGHT for love...fight for each other...can withstand the tumult of this world...and through the love that only God gifts us with....are unbreakable.
Here is the most difficult thing to find.......I want a mate that is as passionate about Christ and His Mother as I am...that wants to worship with me...celebrate His Grace with me....to profess unto the world His Love and Majesty with me.
I do not want to die alone on this earth.

Pax Et Bonum

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Im confused I thought that Celibacy was not one of your oaths? I stand corrected confused too many long names for things ok Im not making sense I need coffee I havent had coffee thats the prob
I took private Holy Vows of Celibacy and Obedience. Friars of the First Order take public Holy Vows of Abstinence, Obedience, Poverty. Nuns of the Second Order take Vows of Abstinence, Obedience, Poverty and Enclosure.
I made a public Profession to live a Gospel life....taking the Gospel to life and life to Gospel.

If I find God's choice for me....or if she finds me. Upon my marriage to her, my Vow of Celibacy is converted by my Order to a Public Vow of Chastity....in accordance with The Rule Of Life of the Secular Franciscan Order.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My personal Vows were my choice, and not required by my Order or my Church.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I took private Holy Vows of Celibacy and Obedience. Friars of the First Order take public Holy Vows of Abstinence, Obedience, Poverty. Nuns of the Second Order take Vows of Abstinence, Obedience, Poverty and Enclosure.
I made a public Profession to live a Gospel life....taking the Gospel to life and life to Gospel.

If I find God's choice for me....or if she finds me. Upon my marriage to her, my Vow of Celibacy is converted by my Order to a Public Vow of Chastity....in accordance with The Rule Of Life of the Secular Franciscan Order.
Thanks I was not being a pain I amazed by your order. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice pictures of the Ophanim!
You know I'm jesting with you @franciscan about Ezekiel I remember stopping the priest that was teaching one of my theology classes in College and U said " Father can you explain Ezekiel 1 he said well I asked that question and the answer was the question"
:)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You know I'm jesting with you @franciscan about Ezekiel I remember stopping the priest that was teaching one of my theology classes in College and U said " Father can you explain Ezekiel 1 he said well I asked that question and the answer was the question"
:)

Nonsense on his part. Most theologians and Priests are very careful when dealing with Angelic interpretations. As it is that the first Gift of the Stigmata was given to my Patriarch St Francis of Assisi...my Order has special interest in the Seraphim, who share a united role as protectors of the Throne of God with the Throne Angels. Ezekiel in his vision was beholding the "movement of God in it's Heavenly Fullness". To fully understand this fullness, we must first see that God is not static as in a concept...but in motion as a governor of the universe. The Seraphim are always in motion, circling the Throne of God singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" or in Latin "Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus". In the Roman Liturgy, we complete this Angelic song with "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty...Heaven an earth are full of Your Glory...Hosannah in the Highest". As the Seraph is always in motion, and God is always in motion...the "wheels", or the Thrones (As the Ophanim are called in the Liturgy) are also fully in motion in sync with the Seraphim. It is MY interpretation that Ezekiel was shown this so as to fully understand that "God is with us" no matter what space we find ourselves on Earth and Heaven. This I find comforting as opposed to the oft interpreted and believed notion that God is some Gandalf looking dude on a cloud that just looks upon His creating and makes decisions. He is amongst us in the Universe, just as His Son Christ was amongst us "Emmanuel, or God Amongst Us" on Earth. We are surrounded by His Glory, and this was the message that Ezekiel gave to the world.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nonsense in his part. Most theologians and Priests are very careful when dealing with Angelic interpretations. As it is that the first Gift of the Stigmata was given to my Patriarch St Francis of Assisi...my Order has special interest in the Seraphim, who share a united role as protectors of the Throne of God with the Throne Angels. Ezekiel in his vision was beholding the "movement of God in it's Heavenly Fullness". To fully understand this fullness, we must first see that God is not static as in a concept...but in motion as a governor of the universe. The Seraphim are always in motion, circling the Throne of God singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" or in Latin "Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus". In the Roman Liturgy, we complete this Angelic song with "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty...Heaven an earth are full of Your Glory...Hosannah in the Highest". As the Seraph is always in motion, and God is always in motion...the "wheels" of the Thrones (As the Ophanim are called in the Liturgy) are also fully in motion in sync with the Seraphim. It is MY interpretation that Ezekiel was shown this so as to fully understand that "God is with us" no matter what space we find ourselves on Earth and Heaven. This I find comforting as opposed to the oft interpreted and believed notion that God is some Gandalf looking dude on a cloud that just looks upon His creating and makes decisions. He is amongst us in the Universe, just as His Son Christ was amongst us "Emmanuel, or God Amongst Us" on Earth. We are surrounded by His Glory, and this was the message that Ezekiel gave to the world.
True about nonsense on his part he was drunk all the time and not in good terms with the church.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for your vote of confidence. I like to think that my skill is in taking Scripture, and putting it into a form that is actually useable. Most diocesan Priests want you to rely on them for everything....subsequently they are austere in their explanations.

You not hopeless man you just do not have an Avatar thats all I believe your sins will be forgiven for this @VH fan
I'm pretty sure I actually understood that. I was raised in a non denomintinal, yet very very Christian school, while living in a very secular home. I did at one time have a very strong faith in God, but I kind of lost my way when my best friend died when I was 16. I didn't and still do not understand why God can take good loving and caring people who have a bright future ahead of them out of this world when there are so many horrid human beings that want nothing but to watch the world burn
I mean no disrespect or hurt... but for me the next paragraph lifts me up in times of trouble...
... Their future is much brighter if they believed in him :) We can not withstand his Glory in the flesh. All that we see with our eyes is temporary including the eyes...However, The Lord is not. He invites us to cast our cares upon him... I have seen that 1 issue in this life can cause multiple cares to arise in our minds...if it comes at us 10,000 times... 10,000 times cast those thoughts to him... All praise and honor to the LORD most high. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nonsense in his part. Most theologians and Priests are very careful when dealing with Angelic interpretations. As it is that the first Gift of the Stigmata was given to my Patriarch St Francis of Assisi...my Order has special interest in the Seraphim, who share a united role as protectors of the Throne of God with the Throne Angels. Ezekiel in his vision was beholding the "movement of God in it's Heavenly Fullness". To fully understand this fullness, we must first see that God is not static as in a concept...but in motion as a governor of the universe. The Seraphim are always in motion, circling the Throne of God singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" or in Latin "Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus". In the Roman Liturgy, we complete this Angelic song with "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty...Heaven an earth are full of Your Glory...Hosannah in the Highest". As the Seraph is always in motion, and God is always in motion...the "wheels", or the Thrones (As the Ophanim are called in the Liturgy) are also fully in motion in sync with the Seraphim. It is MY interpretation that Ezekiel was shown this so as to fully understand that "God is with us" no matter what space we find ourselves on Earth and Heaven. This I find comforting as opposed to the oft interpreted and believed notion that God is some Gandalf looking dude on a cloud that just looks upon His creating and makes decisions. He is amongst us in the Universe, just as His Son Christ was amongst us "Emmanuel, or God Amongst Us" on Earth. We are surrounded by His Glory, and this was the message that Ezekiel gave to the world.
Upon reflection just now....I would like to stress that the text above was taken from NO source other than God. Whilst the words came from ME...and through my fingers.....they are not mine whatsoever. These moments always astound me, as I have no recollection now of even typing that. This happens to me frequently in written and verbal form. I am always amazed, frightened, and full of extreme joy that The Lord uses me in this way!!!!!!!

VU Sponsors