1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Choo chooooo! Jump on the Vape Train Thread!

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by wildgypsy70, Mar 5, 2018.

1. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Interesting. Like a dumpling. But the sugar might caramelize the dough a bit? Sounds lovely. Gonna go look up what flavor might mimic a dumpling. FLV sweet dough, maybe?

Letitia9 and LeanPipe like this.
  2. LeanPipe

LeanPipe Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    They don't have any crisp factor, soft, light and the syrup soaks into the sides. I am not sure if golden syrup is just an Australian thing??
    Consistency of maybe treacle.

RonJS, wildgypsy70 and Letitia9 like this.
  3. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Treacle? Certainly an item all Americans have in their pantries :rolleyes:

LeanPipe, wildgypsy70 and Letitia9 like this.
  4. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I have no idea! I ordered some from Amazon to see what it was like. Very curious...

LeanPipe and Letitia9 like this.
  5. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Is there flavor you won't order?
    BTW sugarloaf pineapple is great.

LeanPipe and wildgypsy70 like this.
  6. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I have the VT Golden syrup....it’s fantastic! I ordered the real thing from Amazon. Golden syrup is an Australian/European thing. I’ve never had it so I figured I should try it.

7. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Sugarloaf pineapple, eh? Next order!

Just Frank, LeanPipe and Letitia9 like this.
  8. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    Letitia9 and wildgypsy70 like this.
  9. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    So I mixed this up and it’s definitely got a fried note to it. It’s good, but probably not quite what you’re looking for. I’m trying different doughs, fried or otherwise, to see if I can nail it. Also, the Golden Syrup might need a little boost. We’ll see in a few days.

LeanPipe and RonJS like this.
  10. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    And apparently, I ordered it in my last order. Yay! Should be getting it soon!

11. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    So I mixed this up and it’s definitely got a fried note to it. It’s good, but probably not quite what you’re looking for. I’m trying different doughs, fried or otherwise, to see if I can nail it. Also, the Golden Syrup might need a little boost. We’ll see in a few days.

Well, when I am mixing, and feel that something is missing, I add yellow cake lol. Yellow cake always rescues me haha.
    Not sure how to boost the golden syrup, maybe caramel to thicken?
    Sometimes served with custard, cream or icecream, so maybe something along those lines?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  12. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Ah, that might work. The Golden syrup just might need a percentage boost. The ice cream/custard idea sounds lovely. I’ll do a v2 with one of those to see how things play out.

And yellow cake can be a life saver. Lol.

13. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    I have ordered a few different dough flavours, but I will play around with what I have. Might come up with something decent lol

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  14. LestatBP

LestatBP Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Just hopped on the Vape Train with Russian Vodka and Orange Juice and enough other flavors of other brands to give another $27 to Bull City.

Money well spent!

Just Frank, eStorm, wllmc and 2 others like this.
  15. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    I have just got the avocado. I'm thinking it is going to be a good thickening agent with little taste. Haven't thought of a recipe yet. Maybe to thicken creams, custards, yogurts. I use avocados a lot in cooking to give body to food and drinks as a healthy alternative to flours, butter etc
    Chocolate mousse I make is:
    In my bullet, I blend an avocado, cacao powder, spoon of coconut oil and honey.
    Healthy vegan chocolate mousse

wllmc and wildgypsy70 like this.
  16. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yup. I’ve seen people using it in Custard, pudding, ice cream recipes. Check out All The Flavors.....def seen a few recipes there.

inspects, wllmc and LeanPipe like this.
  17. twisted

twisted Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    What would you guys say are the best vt flavors? It’s been at least 8 months since I got any new flavors. I’m mainly a creamy, custardy, desert kind of a guy. But I am open to just about anything that is recommended.

inspects and wildgypsy70 like this.
  18. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'll be taking notes too....:)

19. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Honeycomb, Golden syrup, Chocolate mousse, Glazed Strawberries, English Toffee, Milkshake base, Tangy orange drink....all I can think of off the top of my head.

Letitia9 and inspects like this.
  20. twisted

Blog Posts:
    Yes I was looking at honey comb, pudding base and English toffee. Chocolate mousse sounds good!

Just Frank and wildgypsy70 like this.
  21. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Honeycomb is my hands down favorite.

inspects likes this.
  22. Artemis

Artemis Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm the odd ball here. I just tried honeycomb and hated it. I can't get past the chemical taste/dryness. I'll send it to a family member or try to fix it somehow.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  23. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Pudding Base, and Warm Custard are good ones.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  24. twisted

Blog Posts:
    Warm custard sounds nice. I love my custards. How does it compare to cap vanilla custard?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  25. Willbo

Willbo Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Not alone, seen lots of people rave about it and dont think much of it at all personally. Arabicca coffee is a stand out foe me as was golden syrup, bubblegum and sherbert. Got very little joy from any of the custards or fruits I have tried either. Very much some great flavours amongst many mediocre ones. Hasnt been many that I would call bad though.

wildgypsy70, inspects and Artemis like this.
  26. twisted

Blog Posts:
    How is the coffee compared to others? I usually use fa dark bean. And bubble gum is definitely out of my comfort zone so might give that a go.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  27. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I couldn't tell you. I've only used Caps V1 in recipes. Now I gotta make it solo in a tester.

28. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I like the coffee froth flavor. It’s mild, more milky than coffee and a touch sweet....like a latte. Don’t have the coffee flavor.....I don’t think I do, anyway. Lol.

Letitia9 likes this.
  29. twisted

Blog Posts:
    That sounds good

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  30. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Less vanilla, more brown sugary, eggy, thick, but not as thick as VCV1. Def worth trying. I like it....but VCV1 may be more versatile.

Letitia9 likes this.
  31. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    It is good! It’s not that in your face flavor like FA espresso, which I like for other applications. This is just more mellow.

32. eStorm

eStorm Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I guess I am the weird person, but personally I enjoy Rhubarb Compote, creaming soda, biscuit base, rice base, shisha mango, shisha strawberry, english marmalade, croissant, banana custard... but I mean VT in general is pretty accurate with their flavors, at least in my opinion but I haven't tested the whole line yet lol.

33. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    There are some misses, but so far, I’m really enjoying the VT line, as well. I just got the rhubarb compote....haven’t worked with it yet, but I’m itching to. Other recipes needing tweaking first......sigh

eStorm, Letitia9 and wllmc like this.
  34. eStorm

eStorm Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I would be concerned if there weren't any, because just like other brands, nobody has a 100% flavor satisfaction every time lol.

Rhubarb... You'll love it! Stop tweaking and start with that one :D

35. twisted

Blog Posts:
    I’m about to place a order tonight. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

36. twisted

Blog Posts:
    Anyone try creamy custard? I see good reviews for warm custard but not creamy.

Teresa P and wildgypsy70 like this.
  37. Teresa P

Teresa P Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I did, but for the life of me I don't remember how they compared. I know I liked them both. @wllmc, would you please give us your thoughts on those two?

wllmc, twisted and Letitia9 like this.
  38. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Maybe you have it but just didn’t mix with it yet?:vino:

Unlike espresso FA, or lNWs just a tad richer than Folgers, VTs is more a higher end premium coffee flavor to me. Complex and easily distictive higher end notes with dark roasting bring it into it’s own category. My single flavor @ 1.8% brought forth some coffee bitterness but not overly so.

I could see mixing it as the major player with a touch of INW or a touch of VT where FA plays the predominate role. If you are a coffe vape fan, you should make a place for the VT.

39. twisted

Blog Posts:
    I’m also trying to decide between chocolate custard and chocolate mousse. From what I seen they are both good. I also read chocolate milk was good too.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  40. Teresa P

Teresa P Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    The mousse is a definite winner, love that one.

wildgypsy70 and Letitia9 like this.
  41. twisted

Blog Posts:
    That’s the one I was leaning towards. Did you try the others?​

wildgypsy70 and Teresa P like this.
  42. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    Yep, all good, but the mousse is my favorite. You can almost chew it...<3

wildgypsy70, Letitia9 and twisted like this.
  43. twisted

Blog Posts:
    That’s what I’m looking for. Have you tried milkshake base? That’s another I haven’t heard much about.

Teresa P likes this.
  44. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Lol! Yes, exactly. I might have it, but if I do, I haven’t used it yet.....but with that description, imma gonna go look and get it if I don’t!

Letitia9 likes this.
  45. wllmc

wllmc VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Sponsor VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    I personally much prefer the warm custard over the creamy custard. I havent used either enough to give good examples on uses but the warm I like a lot more.

46. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    I have it, but have yet to crack the seal. I'm such a slacker....:oops:

RonJS and wildgypsy70 like this.
  47. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    So good.........my favorite out of the three as well. But they’re all worth a buy.

Teresa P and Letitia9 like this.
  48. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Excellent. Thanks for the details! It’s in the cart as we speak....cause I love me a good coffee vape.

RonJS and Letitia9 like this.
  49. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Lol! Me, too......

Teresa P likes this.
  50. twisted

Blog Posts:
    Ordered last night got
    English toffee
    Chocolate mousse
    Sweet cream
    Coffee milk froth
    Honey comb
    Pudding base
    Warm custard
    Glazed strawberry
    Milk shake base
    Bubble gum base
    And a bunch of 4oz reorders

Teresa P, wildgypsy70 and Letitia9 like this.