1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Choo chooooo! Jump on the Vape Train Thread!

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by wildgypsy70, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Teresa P

Teresa P Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Don't buy pineapple - I have an extra. ;)

2. Mykreign

Mykreign Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I didn't buy any pineapple. Nobody offered advice on the different brands. The only one i have is FA.

I just spend $85 on flavors and after mixing yesterday, i need to order more. I cannot run out of Cap v1 custard!

3. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    SC and Hangsen are my favorites

4. Willbo

Willbo Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Creme Caramel is pretty good. I added there golden syrup (which is excellent) and a couple of other flavours and it was the closest I have got to creme caramel desserts you get in UK

5. Willbo

Blog Posts:
    Yeah Im same boat and closing the door to any further efforts fa juicy strawberry meh, vta glazed straberry meh, Inw Shisha strawberry meh etc etc etc. Two favourite strawberry flavours are rf strawberry milkshake....though it fades to nothing quickly and the original fa strawberry........ the first one I bought

6. Willbo

Blog Posts:
    What did you think of it as I didnt think much of it....in fact I would go as far to say none of the fruits I have tried are above average that I would recommend them.

For me so far:

Excellent: Pudding Base, Sherbert, Golden Syrup, Arabica Coffee, Coffee Milk Froth, Bubblegum Base

Good: Turkish Delight, Creme Caramel, Lavender Sweet, Hokey Pokey Ice Cream,

Average: Cigar Leaf, Rhubarb Compote, Lemon Meringue Tart, Creamy Cheesecake, Mother Energy, Honeycomb, Apollo Fioja, Chocolate Base, Chocolate Milk, Glazed Strawberries, Fairy Floss, Grape Juice, White Chocolate Base,

Poor: Creamy Custard, Cinnamon DOnut, Sugar Cane, Golden Rum, Pear Halves, English Marmalade, Jam It, Pineapple, Dragon Fruit

Heartsdelight, RonJS, eStorm and 3 others like this.
  7. Teresa P

Teresa P Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    A lot of what's on your list still isn't available here, I'm afraid. From your "excellent" list, I like the coffee milk froth in very small percentages. Anything above 2% has the "barf" aftertaste to me, so it's likely high in butyric acid. Love the Apollo Fioja and creme caramel and the shisha raspberry is dreamy. (Not on any of your lists, but def worth a mention) I haven't done anything with the pineapple, I just inadvertently ordered two bottles. Hope it's good though, I'm picky about that one. Hate FA and Caps golden, but fairly pleased with TFA and inawera, sometimes a combination of the two. Sugar cane is nice as a mild sweetener, I think. Very subtle, and that's good for me because my experiences with Caps super sweet have about turned me against any of them.
    I have not done anything with the chocolate milk but if it remotely resembles their chocolate mousse it will be famous at my house.
    Overall, I like the line so far but everyone has their duds, I suppose. Lol!

8. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Yeah....I just ordered some v1 myself. With all the talk about the “worldwide DAAP shortage”, I would hate to be without my custards.

Heartsdelight, RonJS, eStorm and 3 others like this.
  9. Willbo

Blog Posts:
    I need to change my list, the poor category. "Golden Rum" I thought I had used too strongly, have now used it in mixes right down to 0.25%. This now enters my top 5 possibly top 3 worst concentrates ever! Stuff is absolutely vile, overpowers everything even at 0.25% and it overpowers it with putrid taste.....its one of the "holy no, where is the bin" concentrates......avoid

10. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    I wonder if it's one you could dilute? Like the FA condensed milk, mix 1ml concentrate with 9ml PG to use it at normal percentages. I haven't ordered that one yet.
    I am definitely in love with Chocolate Custard. 2% standalone is so rich, creamy, a smooth, mild chocolate. This one is gonna have a lot of mixing possibilities for custards and puddings.

11. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Does anyone have an opinion on english toffee or toffee base? Couldn't resist adding coffee liqueur to the cart and of course the mandarin.

Heartsdelight, wildgypsy70 and zephyr like this.
  12. zephyr

zephyr Dirty Pirate Meg VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

I LOVE VTA ENGLISH TOFFEE

:)

I've only tried it a couple ways, both with a coffee, it's kinda light and I have to go light on the coffee with it or it gets drowned out. But with a low flavoring mix it's yummy

13. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Meg.

wildgypsy70 and zephyr like this.
  14. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Needing a dark chocolate to boost a coffee, anyone try VT's yet?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  15. Willbo

Blog Posts:
    TBH it was that vile at 0.5% I dont want to work with it ever again

16. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I tried these again. Its been a couple weeks since I mixed them.

Strawberry Jam- This is definitely strawberry now. But there isn't much jamminess here. I bet this with JF Sweet Strawberry would make a really good "Strawberry Jam". This is a decent SB now. It reminds me of frozen strawberry daiquiri or something.

Raspberry Jam- Now this one is just random sweetness. No raspberry, no jam just sweet airy vape. I mixed it low (3%), following Vape Trains recommendation. I will start going up and report back again if I can get something going with this.

Sweet Honey- Still unidentifiable weird flavor. Funky Australian bees making funky Australian honey? Like I said, its not bad tasting. I just don't know what the heck I'm tasting.

Pudding Base- It may be a little thicker/richer, still very good. I'm going to throw some butterscotch and maybe chocolate at it and see how it goes.

I'm thinking of getting the Warm Custard since you guys okay'd it. I might get the Honey Pomelo too since I'm a grapefruit nut :confused:o_O:D. Oh I forgot maybe one of the chocolates since I heard they do it well.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  17. wllmc

wllmc VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Sponsor VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Have you tried milk fresh yet? I did one with strawberry milk and milk fresh and a couple other things and it came out pretty awesome.

18. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    No, I'm behind! I still need to test the Russian vodka because I have a drink recipe I'd like to adapt. Vaping a tester of dark chocolate at 3% right now and it's killer! Looking to replace the FW dark chocolate in my chocolate orange recipe. ;)

19. wllmc

wllmc VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Sponsor VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    I tried making a Moscow mule with it with a little success, some adjustments need to be made but I can see it working pretty well.

20. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Wow, you could make stiff screwdivers and the like lol. Vodka/Redbull? I don't drink much but might like a good boozy vape.

wildgypsy70, Teresa P and wllmc like this.
  21. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    Or the orange tang and vodka ...yum

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

wildgypsy70 and Teresa P like this.
  22. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    if you want to try anything new I might wait a couple days and watch your emails just incase that one place send out an email blast ;)

23. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    One of FW's best flavors is Fuzzy Navel. You can taste the orange, the peach schnapps...I like it as a single flavor, and especially in my Peach Schnapps Cranberry Sauce juice. ;)

24. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    All of a sudden im getting thirsty
    sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

25. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

Heartsdelight, wllmc and wildgypsy70 like this.
  26. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    :giggle:

27. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:

Honeycomb is good to eat. Gives your honey some texture.

zephyr likes this.
  28. RonJS

Blog Posts:

Like this? :)

over at BCF....

VT Flavour Concentrates Sale!
    Take 20% off of all VTConcentrates with the coupon code VTSPRING. Sale starts now and continues through Sunday, May 6.

[​IMG]
    Browse the Collection

OR...
    If you're in need of a bit of inspiration, scroll down for VT Flavours recipes by our very own wllmc...

[​IMG]
    wllmc's Strawberries and Cream VT
    1% VT Strawberry Milk
    1% VT Glazed Strawberries
    1.5% VT Vanilla Cream
    0.75% VT Milk Fresh
    [​IMG]
    wllmc's English Toffee Coffee
    3% VT Coffee Milk Froth
    1.5% VT Sweet Cream
    0.5% VT English Coffee

29. eStorm

eStorm Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    This sale was timed horribly, just restocked my FA's and Pur's with the sale at NR, just to spend more money on VT flavors, thanks BCF lol

Since I was quite impressed with my first batch of VT's as they were finally stocked in the US, I decided to order some flavors that might not have gotten a high rating yet, or rating of any kind. After the dilemma and horrible disappointment with the one drop flavor line, I thought it can not get worse, am I right?

So I ordered
    * English marmalade
    * chocolate mousse
    * shisha mango
    * shisha strawberry
    * warm custard
    * banana custard
    * biscuit base (since I'm still looking for the perfect biscuit/cookie/pie crust etc)
    * creaming soda
    * rice base
    * cookies & cream
    * crème brulé (since InW once again changed some of their flavorings, time to find a replacement)
    * rhubarb (yet to find a authentic great one)
    * white chocolate (love FWs but I'm trying to replace my FW with other brands)
    * croissant (yet to find a true flaky European one, not butter croissant or the crap sold in US stores that has nothing to do with a croissant)
    * pudding base (restock)

Let's see if its a good haul or a huge disappointment ;) hope bcf is getting more tho, some flavors I wanted too try are not listed yet :(

30. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    I only picked up 3 this time.
    Coffee liqueur
    Fizzy sherbet
    Blood orange champagne
    Tester of the mandarin is weak and too sweet flavor wise on day 5 will give it another week before tweaking. I'll be mixing the Irish Cream today.

31. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I have heard very good things about the banana custard. I got it to try out, along with a few restocks.....

eStorm and Letitia9 like this.
  32. Just Lil Clouds

Just Lil Clouds Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Made my first order to try some of their product out. Pretty much just the basics for now.

Boysenberry-VT
    Shisha Strawberry-VT
    Chocolate Base (Clear)-VT
    French Vanilla Ice Cream-VT
    Blueberry-VT
    Juicy Raspberry-VT
    Glazed Strawberries-VT
    Watermelon-VT

Heartsdelight, zephyr and eStorm like this.
  33. eStorm

Blog Posts:
    I actually hate everything banana, even with regular food, but I did fell in love with a banana pudding and that's what I'm looking for. Most vaping banana taste like monkey butt too me, its horrible, so I'm very excited about that one lol

34. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Ok, I understand how most of us know what dirty gym socks and human butts taste like, but how in the world do you know what a monkey's butt tastes like???

35. eStorm

Blog Posts:
    That will be forever my secret lol

36. Willbo

Blog Posts:
    The VTA creamy custard is the only one I tried and was very disappointing. It isnt especially creamy, or custardy.....but it is very banana tasting, and not in a particularly good way either.

37. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I have it, but haven’t tried it. I have heard about the banana thing going on. I’ll get it to it eventually.....

eStorm and Letitia9 like this.
  38. eStorm

Blog Posts:
    Not sure if you tried it yet, and I'll do some more testing on it, maybe my percentage is off. So far it tastes like chewing on banana flavored condom. Not what I was looking forward too today, but hey who knows, I might get used too it lol.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  39. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    Thumbs up for orange tang :)

40. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    Speak for yourself Sir! :eek:

My extensive internet search perhaps reveals eStorm's employment...
    estrom.jpg
    estrom2.jpg

Due to the confidentiality we all enjoy here at VU, I cannot disclose which (if either) may be eStorm. :giggle:

wildgypsy70, Letitia9 and bobnat like this.
  41. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Crap....I forgot to order that one.

Just Frank likes this.
  42. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I did a half hour ago :p. I also ordered three of thier chocolate flavors, butter cream frosting, and....I forgot lol. One more I think.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  43. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Their buttercream is damn good. Did you get chocolate mousse? Also a winner.

iVapeDIY and Just Frank like this.
  44. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I got chocolate mousse, base, and custard. The one I couldn't think of was milk froth coffee. I'm gunna give @wllmc's toffee/coffee recipe a go.

wildgypsy70 and wllmc like this.
  45. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    These chocolates smell really good :rolleyes:.

46. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Chocolate mousse is the bomb....I have the other two and haven’t got around to them. And I have dark chocolate.....also haven’t tested it yet....

LeanPipe and Just Frank like this.
  47. LeanPipe

LeanPipe Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I have been enjoying VT fruitcake @ 5%. Really taste the booze, I think brandy. And it tastes just like fruitcake. I'm going to try adding a hint of marzipan, kinda like wedding cake.
    I love the golden syrup, Choc mouse base, carrot and I absolutely love the milkshake base. The milkshake base has a thickness feel to your mouth, and is a neutral taste in which you can add different flavours at a time, banana, choc, straw etc. Doesn't need anything else because the base is just right, imo.

Letitia9, Teresa P and wildgypsy70 like this.
  48. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    When we were kids, mum used to make golden syrup dumplings. Omg they were good. Trying to come up with a vape recipe to replicate:

Method. Combine 2 cups (500ml) water, brown sugar, 1/4 cup (60ml) golden syrup and 50g butter in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until melted. Meanwhile, use your fingertips to rub in 50g butter into flour. Bring the sauce to the boil then drop heaped dessert spoonfuls of the mixture into the sauce.

Doughy, buttery, syrupy, warming.
    Maybe a donut flavour, or zeppola??

wildgypsy70, Letitia9 and Teresa P like this.
  49. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I like this idea.....definitely Zeppola. Or WF deep fried dough. Or maybe Joy? VT has a golden syrup flavor that’s really good. So the sauce cooks the dough? Interesting.....

VT Golden syrup 2%
    FA Zeppola 2%
    WF deep fried dough 1%
    FA Butter .5%(or TFA 1%)
    TFA Brown Sugar .5%
    A start, perhaps.....I’ll play with it some.

Letitia9 and LeanPipe like this.
  50. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    Yes wild gypsy, the dough cooks in the syrup. I have the flavours you mentioned except deep fried dough. The dough in the dumplings aren't fried, kinda simmered in the syrup. They are really light and fluffy. But your recipe sounds close.

wildgypsy70 and Letitia9 like this.