Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
added 2 links. cept I think those are anodized stainless?
I think you're right but they're the whole mod. FT used to sell the tube sets but they've long since been discontinued unfortunately. Thought maybe someone would have some sitting in a warehouse somewhere but I guess not. The clone I have is missing the 18500 (only does 650/350) tube so I waa looking to grab a set to run these batts I have. No sweat though! 350s should be here Thursday.

And to keep it relevant to the thread, I'm finishing up a tank on the first Drizzle coil and flavor has really kicked in... it's even competing with the Skyline believe it or not. You hear that, Brew, do ya?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
https://www.vapordna.com/Vaporesso-EUC-Replacement-Coil-p/eucrcc.htm

The full range is here. Not to be a dick and I apologize if it comes off that way but I already addressed that there are cotton EUC coils. A quick Google search for "cotton EUC coils" came up with results. I get not wanting to spend time searching for things you may not find but it's part of vaping at this point, IMHO. For example, I probably spent an hour looking for someone selling aluminum anodized Nemesis tubes for 45 minutes and no one seems to have them.

All that aside, all the cotton EUC coils are recommended at 35+ watts and I don't think they're going to work for you. Sounds to me like your best bet would be to get an A-tank (I have a couple of you want them. PM me.), try some OG Atlantis coils, and maybe an airflow reducer like the ones made by troydestroy.

Thanks for the reply. I dont think you are being a dick. I get it. No worries.

I am just so completely confused about these EUC coils. I understand that the core is meant to fit into a carrier-shell, and that the core is the main part that you keep replacing once you get a pack that has the carrier-shell.

I have spent more time searching, looking on sites and watching YT vids and for me, there seems to be just too many options.

So if I ask here and there, when the topic is brought up by someone else, it is merely for clarification from the myriad options that I could not sort out on my own.

If I were to get some EUC coils, I would likely be looking at the Kanthal 1.4 Ohm with the cotton wicking. Have you or anyone else tried these and can comment on performance?

I have an few A-tanks, and I appreciate the offer (if you are not using yours, maybe I'll take them any way - please PM me to discuss details and costs), but the Atlantis and Triton coils I tried needed too much power to get decent flavor for me, and I'd like to avoid running the BB higher than 22w. I already mentioned in a previous post today about the Kanger SSOCC 1.2 Ohm coils @ ~17w being very nice for me. If that is the only usable option that I like, I will be fine with that.

Which Atlantis coils did you use that worked well for you?

I have a few of Troy's Dryplugs too, so no worries there.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am just so completely confused about these EUC coils. I understand that the core is meant to fit into a carrier-shell, and that the core is the main part that you keep replacing once you get a pack that has the carrier-shell.

I have spent more time searching, looking on sites and watching YT vids and for me, there seems to be just too many options.

So if I ask here and there, when the topic is brought up by someone else, it is merely for clarification from the myriad options that I could not sort out on my own.

If I were to get some EUC coils, I would likely be looking at the Kanthal 1.4 Ohm with the cotton wicking. Have you or anyone else tried these and can comment on performance?

I have an few A-tanks, and I appreciate the offer (if you are not using yours, maybe I'll take them any way - please PM me to discuss details and costs), but the Atlantis and Triton coils I tried needed too much power to get decent flavor for me, and I'd like to avoid running the BB higher than 22w. I already mentioned in a previous post today about the Kanger SSOCC 1.2 Ohm coils @ ~17w being very nice for me. If that is the only usable option that I like, I will be fine with that.

I'd say the only option for you regarding the EUC coils would be the 1.4 ohm Drizzle coils, but you'll need the MF Bridge Full Kit for that and a standard Boro and they will be MTL.Those coils don't fit into the EUC adapter that fit into the A Tanks. I get where the confusion comes from!

If you decided to go with the MF Bridge Full Kit, there's two delrin adapters with either one or two airholes to reduce the air going into the coil. You could always drill those out in order to get the draw you want. Although you will be limited by the size of the actual coil so you won't reach Wasp Nano-type airflow.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

For me and the way I like to Vape, and how I like the BB to be, the Insider when wicked right is my only choice. Medium restricted DL similar to the NarDa

19w .77 3mm Kanthal 26g

Juice consumption is good, not as great as maybe the drizzle, but I can go the whole day on a single tank, if I don't do any excessive chain vaping.

Close second is the A-Tank at 24w, but that is thirsty...granted its with ceramic which I believe you wanted no part of.

I truly think if you have a good Vape with your RBA, just keep it as is, odds are you wont find better.

I first wrote the insider off due to how often I had to rewick, I'm on day 5 and at least 8 tanks...I keep saying its going to be soon I need to rewick, but flavor hasn't fallen off yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'd say the only option for you regarding the EUC coils would be the 1.4 ohm Drizzle coils, but you'll need the MF Bridge Full Kit for that and a standard Boro and they will be MTL.Those coils don't fit into the EUC adapter that fit into the A Tanks. I get where the confusion comes from!

If you decided to go with the MF Bridge Full Kit, there's two delrin adapters with either one or two airholes to reduce the air going into the coil. You could always drill those out in order to get the draw you want. Although you will be limited by the size of the actual coil so you won't reach Wasp Nano-type airflow.

Thanks for the info. I guess I am then looking for the MF Bridge Full kit. If anybody wants to part with theirs, let me know.

I dont mind a restricted DTL, and the Wasp Nano has way too much air for me to get a restricted DTL vape, even with the air hole nearly totally closed.

For an RDA for squonking, I'm looking into the GeekVape Ammit and Vapefly Galaxies, for they have smaller holes right at the coil, and this creates a higher-velocity airflow, and that is what gives the actual draw, NOT the afc ring on the outside so much.

All of the other Haku/Entheon/KRMA/Basic/etc style RDAs do not narrow the airflow as it approaches the coil, and thus the air is low-velocity, despite how much you close the afc.

The Kanger SSOCC 1.2 Ohm coils and the Aspire Nautilus 2, 0.7 Ohm coils both have a 2.2mm opening in the inner coil diameter, and this is perfectly fine for me for a restricted DTL draw, and I do not use any other reducers or afc in the BB.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For me and the way I like to Vape, and how I like the BB to be, the Insider when wicked right is my only choice. Medium restricted DL similar to the NarDa

19w .77 3mm Kanthal 26g

Juice consumption is good, not as great as maybe the drizzle, but I can go the whole day on a single tank, if I don't do any excessive chain vaping.

Close second is the A-Tank at 24w, but that is thirsty...granted its with ceramic which I believe you wanted no part of.

I truly think if you have a good Vape with your RBA, just keep it as is, odds are you wont find better.

I first wrote the insider off due to how often I had to rewick, I'm on day 5 and at least 8 tanks...I keep saying its going to be soon I need to rewick, but flavor hasn't fallen off yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.

With the Kanger RBA and the Exocet, using my DIY unflavored/unsweetened juice, I can get at least 20 refills of the boro before the taste is bad, and when I open it up, there is a layer of dark brown gunk on the metal of the coil, but the cotton wick is nearly pure white save for some light singe marks from when I did not notice the tank empty and got that slight dry hit.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply.

With the Kanger RBA and the Exocet, using my DIY unflavored/unsweetened juice, I can get at least 20 refills of the boro before the taste is bad, and when I open it up, there is a layer of dark brown gunk on the metal of the coil, but the cotton wick is nearly pure white save for some light singe marks from when I did not notice the tank empty and got that slight dry hit.

I am at a loss then...

You have 2 Attys for your BB that work? And excuse me for not treading through past replies if these actually give the vape you enjoy, but do they?

If so, 20 tanks even +- 4 tanks is GREAT for a RBA, and where I am at a loss about it.

Maybe I am just being dense atm.

IF I would of nailed the Insider long ago... I would of never bought the A-Tank, MF bridge nor the Comfort and associated coils lol

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am at a loss then...

You have 2 Attys for your BB that work? And excuse me for not treading through past replies if these actually give the vape you enjoy, but do they?

If so, 20 tanks even +- 4 tanks is GREAT for a RBA, and where I am at a loss about it.

Maybe I am just being dense atm.

IF I would of nailed the Insider long ago... I would of never bought the A-Tank, MF bridge nor the Comfort and associated coils lol
Yes, vape is very nice with what I have.

I guess I am either bored with the experience now, or trying to see if there is something 'better' for me.

Maybe I am just chasing shadows here.

Sorry if I took you (and everyone else) on a wild goose ride...

No worries.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, vape is very nice with what I have.

I guess I am either bored with the experience now, or trying to see if there is something 'better' for me.

Maybe I am just chasing shadows here.

Sorry if I took you (and everyone else) on a wild goose ride...

No worries.

I get bored, truly do... why I bought 2 Mini Mech and RTAs lately... and I went it it fairly blind.

The Skyline RTA I knew by watching a few videos it would cover all types of vape styles, so I bought all the air discs for it and the drop tank, vaped it a few days and knew I was in trouble. Trouble being... the authentic will run me nearly $400, so to fix that... mailed that shit to jmoney... out of sight out of mind...

Bought the Gus mod 18350 direct from Gus-Mods, although I have small mechs already ( SMPL 18650 ) and it works great, but never owned one of the older mechs from 2013, so bought it.

THEN... I joined Satmods group on FB and love the look of those mechs...ended up buying an 18500 Satmod Mini...BUT it only accepts 16mm or smaller RDAs or RSAs... so like any sane person does... looked at 16mm RTAs... came across the IN'AX 16mm by Athea... its mesh... its before my time vaping...and I started chatting with a guy on FB with whom I bought my A-Tank off of, which during said chat about Haku Venna caps, I mentioned I think I am going to end up paying through the nose for an IN'AX 16 RTA... He said, " I KNOW A DUDE"... Fast forward a tad... Both items are due for delivery tomorrow lol

So yeah I get boredom, just figured by all your questions you were really struggling finding a good vape with the BB, although due to my misunderstanding; you actually have 2 good vaping RBAs ;)

Don't get me wrong... I enjoying giving my perspective on gear... better off someone with first hand knowledge to give their experience with it before you go out and hunt shit down.

Not like me buying Mesh gear shit and never used it before LOL

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I get bored, truly do... why I bought 2 Mini Mech and RTAs lately... and I went it it fairly blind.

The Skyline RTA I knew by watching a few videos it would cover all types of vape styles, so I bought all the air discs for it and the drop tank, vaped it a few days and knew I was in trouble. Trouble being... the authentic will run me nearly $400, so to fix that... mailed that shit to jmoney... out of sight out of mind...

Bought the Gus mod 18350 direct from Gus-Mods, although I have small mechs already ( SMPL 18650 ) and it works great, but never owned one of the older mechs from 2013, so bought it.

THEN... I joined Satmods group on FB and love the look of those mechs...ended up buying an 18500 Satmod Mini...BUT it only accepts 16mm or smaller RDAs or RSAs... so like any sane person does... looked at 16mm RTAs... came across the IN'AX 16mm by Athea... its mesh... its before my time vaping...and I started chatting with a guy on FB with whom I bought my A-Tank off of, which during said chat about Haku Venna caps, I mentioned I think I am going to end up paying through the nose for an IN'AX 16 RTA... He said, " I KNOW A DUDE"... Fast forward a tad... Both items are due for delivery tomorrow lol

So yeah I get boredom, just figured by all your questions you were really struggling finding a good vape with the BB, although due to my misunderstanding; you actually have 2 good vaping RBAs ;)

Don't get me wrong... I enjoying giving my perspective on gear... better off someone with first hand knowledge to give their experience with it before you go out and hunt shit down.

Not like me buying Mesh gear shit and never used it before LOL

It's all good brother.

Since you mentioned, and share the pics on the Skyline, I went down a very deep rabbit hole, also way outside my budget...

I blame your for the time sink, but also thank you for helping me to realize that getting a pod setup is basically throwing money away if you are happy rebuilding, which I am very happy rebuilding. I'm not sure I would have kept vaping if I was forced to only ever use coil heads.

You've inspired me to look at RTAs again, and also tube mechs that are 18650/500/350, either telescoping, or with different tube lengths in the kit, all with some voltage drop expected....

Mainly to avoid something like the Aspire Breeze 2 (or Spryte), Innokin EQ, Justfog C601 pods, since it really irks me to make a commitment to a long time of buying pods and/or coils for something that is eventually going to crap out at the microUSB connector from daily insertions, likely before the battery inside degrades...

I'd have to buy a pair of whatever pod devices (so I can have on in use while the other is recharging), and that's at least $60 invested, and for another ~$40 I could get another SXK DNA60 BB, or maybe under $100 get a (cheap but safe) mech tube and RTA setup and just carry some 18650/500/350 cells in a plastic battery case and a bottle of juice and never have to even think about coils or pods...

Then I come back to the BB again...and still out on which RTA to get...Digiflavor Siren 2, Innokin Ares, Skyline clone, KFv5 clone, Beserker Mini RTA, Vapefly Galaxies RDTA, Coilmaster ELFY (less than $10 on clearance in some places now)...

I'm careful not chase 'new' shiny/trendy things, but I cannot help to be looking for a rock-solid performing device that also is simple and will last forever except for glass and o-rings...without any electronics to worry about...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all good brother.

Since you mentioned, and share the pics on the Skyline, I went down a very deep rabbit hole, also way outside my budget...

I blame your for the time sink, but also thank you for helping me to realize that getting a pod setup is basically throwing money away if you are happy rebuilding, which I am very happy rebuilding. I'm not sure I would have kept vaping if I was forced to only ever use coil heads.

You've inspired me to look at RTAs again, and also tube mechs that are 18650/500/350, either telescoping, or with different tube lengths in the kit, all with some voltage drop expected....

Mainly to avoid something like the Aspire Breeze 2 (or Spryte), Innokin EQ, Justfog C601 pods, since it really irks me to make a commitment to a long time of buying pods and/or coils for something that is eventually going to crap out at the microUSB connector from daily insertions, likely before the battery inside degrades...

I'd have to buy a pair of whatever pod devices (so I can have on in use while the other is recharging), and that's at least $60 invested, and for another ~$40 I could get another SXK DNA60 BB, or maybe under $100 get a (cheap but safe) mech tube and RTA setup and just carry some 18650/500/350 cells in a plastic battery case and a bottle of juice and never have to even think about coils or pods...

Then I come back to the BB again...and still out on which RTA to get...Digiflavor Siren 2, Innokin Ares, Skyline clone, KFv5 clone, Beserker Mini RTA, Vapefly Galaxies RDTA, Coilmaster ELFY (less than $10 on clearance in some places now)...

I'm careful not chase 'new' shiny/trendy things, but I cannot help to be looking for a rock-solid performing device that also is simple and will last forever except for glass and o-rings...without any electronics to worry about...

My next purchase IF Satmod doesn't drop a list soon... Is the Lost Vape Mirage and a KF5 or Cthulhu 24 RTA... I would just buy them outright...but I've seriously spent to much lately, way more than my budget for vaping allows.

My go to out and about item is still my Pico-NarDa clone - $30... doesn't leak...6ml - 18650 - perfect flavor - weighs nearly half the BB - smaller

I just like trying other stuff... which is cool journey, just not so cool on the wallet ;)

One person on FB is trading a custom Juma Palm BF for a BB, down fall is their location...otherwise I may of made that deal

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can anyone recommend a build for the kanger rba or exocet that will vape similar to the .5 kanger head?
I have built and tried the following:

3mm ID of 5-6 spaced wraps 24g Kanthal = 0.4-0.52 Ohms

or

3mm ID of 6-7 spaced wraps of 24g SS316L = 0.35-0.45 Ohms

either one with the coil facing up, and bottom of coil just a hair (like 1mm) below the screw heads when installed, have been similar to the Kanger SOCC 0.5 and SSOCC 0.5 for me.

Coil facing down, towards the air hole, with the center dia of the coil even with the screw heads on the deck will restrict the airflow by about half (without any other afc set up), and in my experience also reduces flavor. Coil up^ has more flavor.

With coil up, just be sure to make sure it does not touch the upper threaded ring of the barrel on the Kanger, or when installing the chimney on the Exocet, for either will cause a hard short.

One thing is you will need more power, starting like 24w to get a decent ramp time and flavor. At that power level, if chain vaping the BB's body, panels, battery and tank glass gets hot, so be wary of that.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'll do that but all I have is N80. What wattage do you run that at?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
17-23w is where I try to stay in all my builds, if you have 26g N80 you can do the same wraps, but it will end up .6Ω might get away with running a few watts less?

Here are the specs from Steam Engine. The 26g will likely ramp faster, and require lower power as per the 'Heat Capacity' and 'Mass' as indicated below (click to enlarge, ful size would not embed properly):

26g N80:
n80 26g build Screenshot_2018-08-22_16-07-40.png

24g N80:
n80 24g build Screenshot_2018-08-22_16-08-08.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here are the specs from Steam Engine. The 26g will likely ramp faster, and require lower power as per the 'Heat Capacity' and 'Mass' as indicated below (click to enlarge, ful size would not embed properly):

26g N80:
View attachment 118275

24g N80:
View attachment 118276

Looks good to me, give it a try, report back. Try the 26g first :D

EDIT: Hmm I think I got corn-fused, and thunk of the wrong person asking lol, Whoops ;)

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the mf bridges while it seems it will do the trick seems the mtl kit with the 1 air hole is still a little to airy and my coils say 1.3 but there ohming out at 1.55 on the box

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the mf bridges while it seems it will do the trick seems the mtl kit with the 1 air hole is still a little to airy and my coils say 1.3 but there ohming out at 1.55 on the box

One airholes is too airy? Holy crap man, you must want a MTL draw like an old school Mickey Ds milkshake!

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes yes I do lol I love the draw on the juul and that's what I'm tryin to achieve I bet I can get a tip with a smaller I'd mabey and that will prob do the trick
One airholes is too airy? Holy crap man, you must want a MTL draw like an old school Mickey Ds milkshake!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow I'm using the one with two airholes and I feel like it's tight like a Juul. YMMV, I guess!
Yes yes I do lol I love the draw on the juul and that's what I'm tryin to achieve I bet I can get a tip with a smaller I'd mabey and that will prob do the trick

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow I'm using the one with two airholes and I feel like it's tight like a Juul. YMMV, I guess!

What's ymmv mean? So far I likes it I can run 50mg salts just a tad tighter would be perfect but that might be me bein a snob lol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just did a hit for hit comparison with the juul and the juul does have a slight tighter draw not much just slight

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Holy Cow... I tried the 2 holes and almost passed out taking a toot lol ;) and you're saying the 1 hole is to airy...my goodness

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this just happened
88e8b8cc350ee4d8f2ad6558bfbad7b4.jpg
1d448e480cbcfde3bca0d8569581aaa5.jpg
28d6bd5abf5034d8c490714502b54dc8.jpg

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not my favorite of accent colors but the silver and clear are cool I'm thinkin the new tip and button would look better on the kurbis
Man you have some sick set ups now, truly Happy (jealous) for (of) you ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely can ship this way if you don't want it. What a beauty

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Worst part is that I was driving when it went live. I almost pulled over to put in my X1, but decided I'd save my money for one that's a little more out there style wise.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's about as tight a draw as you'll get, just make sure you have the white delrin attachment with one hole, not the one with two holes. I'm only saying it because I did it!
Yea I double checked.the one with 2 holes is still in the bag. Mabey I got a kit with the same white piece I'll know when i vape this tank and check it. It does the trick tho does your ohms jump around on your box with the drizzle coil mine say 1.3 but I jump form 1.50 to 1.55

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I double checked.the one with 2 holes is still in the bag. Mabey I got a kit with the same white piece I'll know when i vape this tank and check it. It does the trick tho does your ohms jump around on your box with the drizzle coil mine say 1.3 but I jump form 1.50 to 1.55

They're stainless, they should move about ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It doesn't feel like it, make sure the contacts (coil and box) are clean, put a small piece of tissue behind the boro tank. I said it doesn't feel like it because I don't have clear panels to look thru:wait: besides, I think the 1.3 coils are SS and that would cause the fluctuation.

VU Sponsors