Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well then, this lil thing is vaping nicely.

Need to build it again though... 1.1ohm was good, but it was a 3mm coil, slapped a 2.5mm in but now it's .75 and runs a lil hot...so I'll slap in a 1 ohm later fill it with some salt and leave it be. Spent more time fiddling than vaping the past hour

b8e17d4b3fbbe42989ca74dd00d114d6.jpg

Probably mess with the MF bridge soon, get it set right...tomorrow heading out and about with the wife for a day date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well the .5 EUC coils are pretty good... but more wattage than I care to run, a bit thirsty, and a bit much air for my liking... but I feel the 1.3s might prove a tad to tight a draw... time to find out

db7a5d1cc1168786cde9b6d36f3786d0.jpg
Go straight for the adapter with the two airholes instead of the single for the 1.3s. You'll thank me later

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... for me in ranking all the Attys I have and Bridges...

1. Insider Non-MTL with .77Ω Kanthal 3mm coil - Perfect draw for me with the Medium Plug deal from whowhatchamacallits ;)
2. A-Tank with .9 cCells - Troys Plug - Bang on Flavor - Thirsty - Break in time blows
3. Exocet .77Ω 3mm Kanthal coil - Troys Plug
4. MF Regular with .5 EUC Coils - Decent - Airy -Flavor is good- Thirsty- Minimal break in
5. Kanger Bridge with .5Ω Zombie Head-Shot coils - AIRY! But tons of flavor, if you're a clouds dude, these are the coils lol
6. Comfort Bridge with .7 coils - Consistent - but shit for flavor - Consistently shit? lol
7. MF - MTL - 1.3Ω EUC Drizzle coils - I'm just not a MTL'r

If I seriously wasn't getting along with the Insider right now, I'd be selling the BB.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I did tell you guys (and gals) the single hole adapter is a very tight draw, didn't I?
@jmoney426 , how you liking the MF bridge?
I'm reserving judgment for now only bc I don't think I've broken the coil in yet.

I will say that I like the airflow using the 1.3 ohm coils with the dual airflow insert. Pretty much what I was expecting from the Nautilus coils but didn't get.

I dig that it's easy on juice too.

I don't want to really comment on flavor but I will say that I like where it's headed. Flavor is definitely better than the Nauti coils already but I suspect it will improve. Should have some 0.5 ohm coils by the end of the week and I'm curious to try those as well.

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing about these 1.3 EUC coils is that they seem to fire full force as soon as you push the button. Always seemed to have a little bit of ramp up with the Nauti coils.

Also, the flavor still isn't quite as good as an RBA but definitely the best of the premade coils I've tried so far.

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Another thing about these 1.3 EUC coils is that they seem to fire full force as soon as you push the button. Always seemed to have a little bit of ramp up with the Nauti coils.

Also, the flavor still isn't quite as good as an RBA but definitely the best of the premade coils I've tried so far.

Is is possible to get a dense, moist, warm, sugar-lips-tasty vape on the BB, similar to what you get with a fat coil in the Wasp Nano?

If so, please advise...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Agreed, not many (if any) drop in coils will equal a good rda (we are squok-a-bonkers after all ) but they are pretty good for what they are. With the draw I get, the three to four weeks on one coil and the flavor they put, I'm happy with the BB and these coils.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Is is possible to get a dense, moist, warm, sugar-lips-tasty vape on the BB, similar to what you get with a fat coil in the Wasp Nano?

If so, please advise...
I wonder if I were to build with thinner gauge wire, like 30g or 32g Kanthal, in the Kanger RBA head somewhere betw 1.8 to 2.5 Ohms if the vape @ 11-14w will be better or not than the 26g-27g Kanthal @ 0.7-1.1 Ohms...

any thoughts?

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If so, please advise...
I think it's possible, but it would have to be with one of the RBAs. I've heard that the Odis Ti Flow and the Bastard Coil (notch coils or vertical coils) have good airflow for a lung hit.
You might get better advice from So619Cal on this one.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think it's possible, but it would have to be with one of the RBAs. I've heard that the Odis Ti Flow and the Bastard Coil (notch coils or vertical coils) have good airflow for a lung hit.
You might get better advice from So619Cal on this one.

Thanks for the reply.

I have the Bastard Coil. Tried with both SS vertical Notch coils, as well as both vertical and horizontal buids with both round wire and Claptons, and you get nothing good until you hit 35w and then the entire body of the BB, the boro glass and the battery are uncomfortably warm bordering on hot since the whole mod acts as a (quite inefficient) heat sink...

So the Bastard Coil is likely to be sold soon....maybe you could fit it in a Steam Tuners TANKIT and use it as an RTA that way...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, not many (if any) drop in coils will equal a good rda (we are squok-a-bonkers after all ) but they are pretty good for what they are. With the draw I get, the three to four weeks on one coil and the flavor they put, I'm happy with the BB and these coils.
Agreed. I'll be happy to use the EUC coils
and not build for the BB. I build and wick for literally everything else I vape so it's nice to have something vape decently and not have to put work into it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply.

I have the Bastard Coil. Tried with both SS vertical Notch coils, as well as both vertical and horizontal buids with both round wire and Claptons, and you get nothing good until you hit 35w and then the entire body of the BB, the boro glass and the battery are uncomfortably warm bordering on hot since the whole mod acts as a (quite inefficient) heat sink...

So the Bastard Coil is likely to be sold soon....maybe you could fit it in a Steam Tuners TANKIT and use it as an RTA that way...
At lower wattages you won't get the vape you want from the BB.

Even on my single coil squonking RDAs I tend to vape them at 30-35 watts and even those can get damn hot.

My advice is to up your nic, build higher, and tighten up your airflow... You won't get clouds but you can get great, saturated flavor from in the form of MTL.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Agreed. I'll be happy to use the EUC coils
and not build for the BB. I build and wick for literally everything else I vape so it's nice to have something vape decently and not have to put work into it.

Of the coil heads I've tried, the Aspire Nautilus- 1.6, Nautilus 2- 0.7, several Atlantis, several Triton, Kanger OCC 0.5, SSOCC O.5, SSOCC 1.2 (Kangers are all N80 Nichrome)...

I find I like the SSOCC 1.2 Ohm coils the best. They are nice betw 15-18w.

There are some Kanger SSOCC SS316L 0.5 Ohm coils I would like to try, but not as readily available as the others....

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
At lower wattages you won't get the vape you want from the BB.

Even on my single coil squonking RDAs I tend to vape them at 30-35 watts and even those can get damn hot.

My advice is to up your nic, build higher, and tighten up your airflow... You won't get clouds but you can get great, saturated flavor from in the form of MTL.

Thanks for the suggestion. Going to try that. :) I dont mind not having giant clouds. Out and about, less clouds is more respectful of other folks.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then, this lil thing is vaping nicely.

Need to build it again though... 1.1ohm was good, but it was a 3mm coil, slapped a 2.5mm in but now it's .75 and runs a lil hot...so I'll slap in a 1 ohm later fill it with some salt and leave it be. Spent more time fiddling than vaping the past hour

b8e17d4b3fbbe42989ca74dd00d114d6.jpg

Probably mess with the MF bridge soon, get it set right...tomorrow heading out and about with the wife for a day date

I may inquire about one of these after u fiddle with it that thing looks cool

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestion. Going to try that. :) I dont mind not having giant clouds. Out and about, less clouds is more respectful of other folks.
My thoughts exactly. That being said, I should have some 0.5 EUC coils on the way so I'll let you know how they vape with a lung hit. It might wind up being what you're looking for!

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My thoughts exactly. That being said, I should have some 0.5 EUC coils on the way so I'll let you know how they vape with a lung hit. It might wind up being what you're looking for!

Thanks - that would be good to know, but also I should mention that I would really like to avoid any coils with ceramic components in them.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks - that would be good to know, but also I should mention that I would really like to avoid any coils with ceramic components in them.
I believe they make cotton ones as well. Can't imagine they'd be too different.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I know for sure that they the 1.4 ohm MTL (Drizzle) EUC coils are wicked with cotton. They have green on the box as opposed to red.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Arthur-VU

For a lung hit, the MF bridge with the .5s are good, same goes for the A-Tank with the .5/6/9 cCell coils or even the cotton variants...but you will be running wattage very similar to RSAs 30w+... the .9 cCells I ran at about 24w and today I needed nearly 30w to have the EUC .5 coils come alive.

All of these coils are thirsty, with the EUC .5s the cCell .5/.6s getting the warmest in the BB... the cCell .9s for some odd reason even at 24w never got the tank or the BB warm, but 30w on the others did...ymmv

I am really enjoying the Insider, and have found my happy place with it, so the BB is spared being sold for the moment.

@Mykreign what is "VU Challenge Team"?

@derrickfosgate you're wanting to get a mini-mech?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Arthur-VU

For a lung hit, the MF bridge with the .5s are good, same goes for the A-Tank with the .5/6/9 cCell coils or even the cotton variants...but you will be running wattage very similar to RSAs 30w+... the .9 cCells I ran at about 24w and today I needed nearly 30w to have the EUC .5 coils come alive.

All of these coils are thirsty, with the EUC .5s the cCell .5/.6s getting the warmest in the BB... the cCell .9s for some odd reason even at 24w never got the tank or the BB warm, but 30w on the others did...ymmv

I am really enjoying the Insider, and have found my happy place with it, so the BB is spared being sold for the moment.

I'm willing to bet the standard Atlantis coils wouldn't be a bad option. Probably could run them at 20-25 watts.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Arthur-VU

Patient you must be. Only then will you find what you seek.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe they make cotton ones as well. Can't imagine they'd be too different.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I know for sure that they the 1.4 ohm MTL (Drizzle) EUC coils are wicked with cotton. They have green on the box as opposed to red.

I tried both EUC coils, the 1.3-ceramic and 1.4-kanthal&cotton, for my taste, the 1.3 is better.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Going to say its the DIY stuff... only thing I remember coming across that says "Challenge" that I've read over time here.

If not, ahwell... Wasn't meant to know then lol

EDIT: Found it...awesome shit! I didn't even know about the PIF

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dunno honestly... I did some searching, and came across a PIF thread, which has a lot of people with the Banner in question... assumed it to be that PIF thread...which is pretty cool.
A pif juice box, well boxes for the servicemen over seas. Probably 20 members here joined to help out in that thread. Really awesome I think

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Arthur-VU

Thanks for the info. I find that anything much past 22w, the BB body, tank glass and battery all get too hot for my comfort.

I have no trouble at all doing DTL in the Kanger RBA or the Exocet, the Kanger SSOCC 0.5 Ohm and even a comfortable restricted DTL pull with the Kanger SSOCC 1.2 Ohm coils heads.

Most of my builds are 0.7-1.1 Ohms with either 26g or 27g Kanthal KA1.

EDIT: are there any EUC coils that are NOT ceramic inside for the wicking? Please share a link if you can. Thanks!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info. I find that anything much past 22w, the BB body, tank glass and battery all get too hot for my comfort.

I have no trouble at all doing DTL in the Kanger RBA or the Exocet, the Kanger SSOCC 0.5 Ohm and even a comfortable restricted DTL pull with the Kanger SSOCC 1.2 Ohm coils heads.

EDIT: are there any EUC coils that are NOT ceramic inside for the wicking? Please share a link if you can. Thanks!
https://www.vaporesso.com/euc-vape-coils

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

https://www.vapordna.com/Vaporesso-EUC-Replacement-Coil-p/eucrcc.htm

The full range is here. Not to be a dick and I apologize if it comes off that way but I already addressed that there are cotton EUC coils. A quick Google search for "cotton EUC coils" came up with results. I get not wanting to spend time searching for things you may not find but it's part of vaping at this point, IMHO. For example, I probably spent an hour looking for someone selling aluminum anodized Nemesis tubes for 45 minutes and no one seems to have them.

All that aside, all the cotton EUC coils are recommended at 35+ watts and I don't think they're going to work for you. Sounds to me like your best bet would be to get an A-tank (I have a couple of you want them. PM me.), try some OG Atlantis coils, and maybe an airflow reducer like the ones made by troydestroy.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The full range is here. Not to be a dick and I apologize if it comes off that way but I already addressed that there are cotton EUC coils. A quick Google search for "cotton EUC coils" came up with results. I get not wanting to spend time searching for things you may not find but it's part of vaping at this point, IMHO. For example, I probably spent an hour looking for someone selling aluminum anodized Nemesis tubes for 45 minutes and no one seems to have them.

All that aside, all the cotton EUC coils are recommended at 35+ watts and I don't think they're going to work for you. Sounds to me like your best bet would be to get an A-tank (I have a couple of you want them. PM me.), try some OG Atlantis coils, and maybe an airflow reducer like the ones made by troydestroy.

https://eshop.atmomixani.gr/en/21-nemesis-anodized-aluminum-tubes

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We thank you for the leg work here, but keep in mind not all EUC coils are created equal. Case in point, I have a pack of 1.4 ohm EUC coils for Aurora( I think ) not Drizzle, they sure as hell don't work in the MF bridge in any way, shape or form. I guess the way to search for EUC coils is to start with the tank compatibility. If they are for Drizzle, they will work with the mf bridge. If the 0.5 work with a particular tank, then chances are that all coils for that tank will work with the mf bridge.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We thank you for the leg work here, but keep in mind not all EUC coils are created equal. Case in point, I have a pack of 1.4 ohm EUC coils for Aurora( I think ) not Drizzle, they sure as hell don't work in the MF bridge in any way, shape or form. I guess the way to search for EUC coils is to start with the tank compatibility. If they are for Drizzle, they will work with the mf bridge. If the 0.5 work with a particular tank, then chances are that all coils for that tank will work with the mf bridge.
Oh good point. Totally forgot about that, Brew.

VU Sponsors