Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
almost 3 years here in San Diego... I have yet to see a Taco Bell...

BUT we have some awesome authentic Mexican food...and probably the best tacos...fuck now I want tacos
One authentic place where I live. Cheapest beer in town also so I go often. I still live single a lot. Dinner by myself and shit. But I work most of the day, most days. Her food would be frozen by the time I get home

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see many people use white slaw on bbq. You from up North? Everyone in NC uses red slaw. Bleh

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Nope! I'm from SoCal! Just love the deli style slaw on pulled pork and since I had made a lot for a potluck at work, I saved a little for my dinner. Wife likes the pulled pork, doesn't care for slaw of any kind.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just FYI, the RPG SXKUSBBB got delayed another 8 days according to FT. I ordered it July 24 and now I'm out of patience. Canceled it bc I need the cash more than another BB.
Freaking ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just FYI, the RPG SXKUSBBB got delayed another 8 days according to FT. I ordered it July 24 and now I'm out of patience. Canceled it bc I need the cash more than another BB.
Freaking ridiculous.

That is one reason I ordered mine when they first came out on FT. I got sick and tired of delays and rescheduled stuff. Oddly enough, I'm tempted to pop a 0.5 EUC coil in a BB and see how it does but I'm having too much fun with the Minifit.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is one reason I ordered mine when they first came out on FT. I got sick and tired of delays and rescheduled stuff. Oddly enough, I'm tempted to pop a 0.5 EUC coil in a BB and see how it does but I'm having too much fun with the Minifit.
Worst case if I see them pop up I'll snag one. Probably just wind up being a backup though. It's so easy to switch out flavors/setups by having extra boros that it doesnt make sense for me to have two set up at once.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
All this talk of food - steak, tacos, etc has got me hungry now LOL...

BBQ is not something we did this summer yet. So hot and muggy outside here in NJ. Staying outside for any length of time feels like I am melting from the face first, especially with a beard.

Nice to see those BB getting use during 'normal' activities and those steaks look great!

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
All this talk of food - steak, tacos, etc has got me hungry now LOL...

BBQ is not something we did this summer yet. So hot and muggy outside here in NJ. Staying outside for any length of time feels like I am melting from the face first, especially with a beard.

Nice to see those BB getting use during 'normal' activities and those steaks look great!
Exactly,, it is a killer summer here S. NJ.
August has been hell..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
August is our nasty month here in San Diego... not hot by any means...normally not higher than 85*...but when the humidity hits 85% its super muggy and it drains any and all energy you may have.

But by the 2nd week of September weather here is perfect til Mid July ;) with an average of 72* ...seriously can wear shorts and T shirts year round and Flip Flops minus 2 weeks of the year ( when it rains )

Side note: Waiting on a response from a guy who may have a Sat 500 + Sat 22 RTA for me

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DANG!

Ordered some stuff from NicRiver yesterday...Ordered some more NicSalts and needed flavorings... this was at 10am Yesterday when I placed it all...

upload_2018-8-18_9-28-25.png

Wonder if its actually going to make it today or my Nic will end up being baked for 2 days

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jmoney426 im at i again for a second round
2a501ca168cf89cb15a8056dc780315f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jmoney426 im at i again for a second round
2a501ca168cf89cb15a8056dc780315f.jpg

Damn man you feeding a small army or what?
Reminds me of the time I catered for 250 or so by myself haha! I had to grill mark all the steaks the day before, chill them, and then finish them in the oven. I legit was grilling steaks for like 3 hours

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Reminds me of the time I catered for 250 or so by myself haha! I had to grill mark all the steaks the day before, chill them, and then finish them in the oven. I legit was grilling steaks for like 3 hours

Sous Vide and Searzall LOL... Done in less than 30 mins (searing)

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Had a birthday party the first day then the grandmother inlaw just turned 80 today so we went big in the backyard
21b587cd9e902a487a9693eae7a8f95c.jpg
c52dbcf005fa1dd6e423e1d17fc73ed6.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My RTA binge buying is over...

Gus mod 18350 + Doggy RTA

SatMod 18500 Mini + In'Ax 16

Have to buy a pair of 18500's and some Mesh ...well guess it's not over yet

47f4541b773b8edbc4e02173216d47a9.jpg

BB and Alien:Covenant for relevancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't be anymore appreciative of my BB than I have been this week. I've been moving into a new house all week as well as cleaning and painting. All the things that come with moving.

I didn't have to fiddle with any vape stuff all week because the BB worked like a champ! Use the same .5 kanger coil @20w for the whole week.
Changed the battery and filled the tank maybe twice a day. Not to mention the portability and simplicity of it.

Special shout out to @Wtmke1 for hooking me up with an extra boro and kanger bridge!

Edit: pic of my plain boring BB. Coils on day 7 and needs replacing when I get home.
2aac2cffd5270351dc67e905cce98f0e.jpg

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't be anymore appreciative of my BB than I have been this week. I've been moving into a new house all week as well as cleaning and painting. All the things that come with moving.

I didn't have to fiddle with any vape stuff all week because the BB worked like a champ! Use the same .5 kanger coil @20w for the whole week.
Changed the battery and filled the tank maybe twice a day. Not to mention the portability and simplicity of it.

Special shout out to @Wtmke1 for hooking me up with an extra boro and kanger bridge!

Edit: pic of my plain boring BB. Coils on day 7 and needs replacing when I get home.
2aac2cffd5270351dc67e905cce98f0e.jpg
Awsome glad to see your enjoyin it

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well MF Bridges were supposed to be delivered today, but dumbass put the wrong zip code on it!
When I got my confirmation email (over a fucking MONTH ago!) I noticed it was wrong despite it being entered correctly in my account info. I messaged him and he responded saying it would be corrected.

Nope.

Hopefully it only gets delayed a day or two and it's totally a first world problem, but after waiting for six weeks my patience was wearing thin. FUUUUUUCK!

Sorry, need to get that out of my system. Carry on.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it doesn't show on vehicle, you should be able to pick it up at the post office.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it doesn't show on vehicle, you should be able to pick it up at the post office.
On the phone with them now and they're checking. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: THEY HAVE MY SHIT! I have to send something anyway so it works out... I'll actually have it sooner than if I waited for my mail to come so that's convenient lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the phone with them now and they're checking. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: THEY HAVE MY SHIT! I have to send something anyway so it works out... I'll actually have it sooner than if I waited for my mail to come so that's convenient lol

Updated my original post. It'll be in my hand in a half hour

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reading online about people's experience with Registered Mail arriving from foreign countries isn't making me feel any better. One person got their package 6 months after it was sent. Maybe I'll get it by Valentines Day. :giggle:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Reading online about people's experience with Registered Mail arriving from foreign countries isn't making me feel any better. One person got their package 6 months after it was sent. Maybe I'll get it by Valentines Day. :giggle:

"Knocks on wood"

I've never had issue with delivery from anywhere outside the US...I've honestly had 3 issues within.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Knocks on wood"

I've never had issue with delivery from anywhere outside the US...I've honestly had 3 issues within.

That's the goofy thing. If I had read up about it before, I would have had them ship the MF bridge anything other than Registered Mail. I never have any problems ordering stuff from the US, such as batteries from Illumn, tracked all the way to my door and I get it within a week all for about $9. Even FT orders from China sent ePacket get here within two weeks, tracked all the way to my door. This Registered Mail seems to be the black hole, since Canada Post stopped providing tracking for items sent from abroad.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So many things arriving today lol

My fucking Nic that sat on the truck since Saturday... Doggy RTA ( Goes on the Gus )... MF Bridge...

Then by the Thursday my Sat Mini and In'Ax 16...

And the dude who sold me the Sat Mini just posted a ton of other hot shit on reddit... so tempted...but no, no more...way to much spent this weekend.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sweet... mine is OFD... should be here in a few hours... funny how mail works here... its either delivered by 10a or not til 5pm... I really don't understand that.
How are u guys tracking these mf bridges

VU Sponsors