Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SXK 60w USB is here! It works! It's very nice! The battery is a very tight fit. Hoping the battery contact will loosen up a bit. Other than that, put the SSOCC stainless steel 0.5ohm coil in and it vapes nice. I keep wanting to squonk it, but I'm sure I'll get over it. It's quite hefty for the size. So far, so good!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SXK 60w USB is here! It works! It's very nice! The battery is a very tight fit. Hoping the battery contact will loosen up a bit. Other than that, put the SSOCC stainless steel 0.5ohm coil in and it vapes nice. I keep wanting to squonk it, but I'm sure I'll get over it. It's quite hefty for the size. So far, so good!
Shit, I really should have waited. Maybe I'll. Put my YFTK one up and get a black SXK USB... decisions decisions.

EDIT: Whelp, the silver YFTK is going up soon. Just grabbed the black SXK USB and some 1.6 ohm Nautilus 2 coils.
I'll give you folks here first dibs if you want at a nice price. It's 9/10 and the boro, bridges, and panels have never been used.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
upload_2018-6-25_15-23-6.png

BilletBoxBay for UK has them for 21bp.

These are looking to be about $25 :wtf: before VBE's crazy shipping of another $14

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I did something lol

Used a drip tip from one of my Aromamizer supremes, and did this to it.

513939584ec4db8de8627120f7f6bc50.jpg

Almost sits flush.

78edbe9a71aef3ba1667885d0ac06c8e.jpg

And all I used was the 510 adapter to score the underside...just a bit of turning in your hand and the sharp edge of the slot cuts out the underside perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did something lol

Used a drip tip from one of my Aromamizer supremes, and did this to it.

513939584ec4db8de8627120f7f6bc50.jpg

Almost sits flush.

78edbe9a71aef3ba1667885d0ac06c8e.jpg

And all I used was the 510 adapter to score the underside...just a bit of turning in your hand and the sharp edge of the slot cuts out the underside perfectly

Great secret. I'm sure you've just started a trend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Great secret. I'm sure you've just started a trend.

I might go pick up a small nut and bolt so I can utilize one of my drills to facilitate the underscore ;)

Having RA, turning by hand starts to bother me after a bit...and I wasn't turning it while it was still in the mod lol

Heck I probably have one in the garage... I'll look for one after I walk the dogs in a few hours...that is, if my OCD doesn't kick in and force to me to look sooner haha

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yea was gonna see if I could find a 60 board somewhere. Who knows.

You can get the LARGE screen DNA60 board direct from Evolv for ~$50 + shipping. IIRC protovapor.com also has it for a similar price.

I bought my replacement screen from Evolv and received it in 5 days, I bought the USB DATA/Charging board (which I fasioned into a dongle to use for Escribe) from Protovapor for $6, and received that in 7 days from Hawaii to NJ.

Shipping from either is ~$5 or less.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How do you folks clean your boro tanks? I'm thinking hot water with Dawn soak and then boil for a few minutes. That's usually my go to for cleaning atties.
I just rinse in warm water in the sink.

The only juice that ever goes in is the same; my DIY unflavored, which is just VG, nic and distilled water.

Just make sure to lube the gasket all around with juice after rinsing when you go re-assemble, otherwise it will kink up on you when you slide the glass to close the tank

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried any of the Kanger coils in your BB?
Yes. I've tried both the 1.2 and 0.5 Ohm SSOCC (round, not square) coils, both of which I think are Nichrome N80.

The 1,2 Ohm coil has only a 2mm ID, and as a result is a much tighter draw, too tight for me.

The 0.5 Ohm coil has ~3.2mm ID, and is more open and more comfortable as a restricted DTL vape.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I basically did circles around the 510 base on the underside of the lip using a diamond tip. My rotary tool is a super cheap Harbor Freighg special with very little power so it took me a solid half hour or so. I imagine with a proper dremel it would take much less time.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
IIRC, you're using some pretty VG heavy juice right? Any of those RBAs are going to struggle with wicking with super viscous juice like that. The only one I would think that could keep up would be the Exo, but you're going to have to thin out your wicks and fluff the ever living crap out of them to cover the opening to prevent flooding.
I've been mixing 60/40 blends and the VapeShell is the only one giving me problems wicking. Buuuuut I also don't have a PG sensitivity.
Hope you find a resolution soon!

Thanks for the reply.

I actually drilled out the holes in the Kanger-style RBA that came with the SXK clone and enlarged them to 3.27mm (largest dremel drill bit I had) and that one works great.

I also posted previously about drilling out the holes in one of the 2 VapeShell clones, enlarged from 2.2mm original hole to 2.75mm. maybe I will make those holes even larger and see. At this point it's unusable for me, and like you said, likely the thick juice.

I've also gone and modified one of the Insider clones too, and using a grinding stone on the dremel, enlarged the juice flow channels in the deck as large as I could go before cutting into the kidney-shaped air slot, which is about 4x the opening that it had originally. After doing that, and using the same minimal amount of cotton as previously, it was gurgling, spitting and eventually leaking out. So that one is likely to be retired unless I feel like messing with it and stuffing the wick thicker.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes. I've tried both the 1.2 and 0.5 Ohm SSOCC (round, not square) coils, both of which I think are Nichrome N80.

The 1,2 Ohm coil has only a 2mm ID, and as a result is a much tighter draw, too tight for me.

The 0.5 Ohm coil has ~3.2mm ID, and is more open and more comfortable as a restricted DTL vape.

Have the 0.5 SS0CC 316SS in the BB right now and they are perfect for me, restricted DTL is what I like.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3F doesn't play around with that 24 hour shipping promise. It was more like 9.5 hours!

Last order took 11 days to get to me. So my SXK USB should arrive around July 7 or so.

Waiting for the 4th sales and discounts myself...hoping 3F and the like have their normal 15%'s rolling

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your SXK Billet Box negative battery contact is a little too tight, here's what you can do;

Take off the button side cover, on the top right you will find two screws. Undo those two screws and the battery contact will come out. With a pair of pliers give the contact a little squeeze. Adjust to your desired tension, put the contact back in and put the screws back in.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
my frosted panels are in limbo from FT:

:sad:

June 23, 2018, 1:34 am
Acceptance
CHINA
Your item was accepted at 1:34 am on June 23, 2018 in CHINA.​

Seems like sitting 3 days now and maybe not even left the warehouse.

Maybe 'ACCEPTANCE' is China parlance for 'tracking number generated'.
:sadpanda:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Acceptance
CHINA

Mine are the same. Usually 3 or 4 days. Then ICS New York for 3 days then to the Bronx.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Acceptance
CHINA

Use 17track.net as they provide with the China carrier info until it hits the US. It won't update via the USPS website until it hits US customs. My money says it should be deliver on July 2 or 3.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Use 17track.net as they provide with the China carrier info until it hits the US. It won't update via the USPS website until it hits US customs. My money says it should be deliver on July 2 or 3.

Thanks for the reminder about 17track.net...

A little more info when tracked from there:

In Transit, China EMS to United States USPS
2018-06-23 01:34 CHINA, Acceptance, Your item was accepted at 1:34 am on June 23, 2018 in CHINA.
2018-06-24 09:03 Beijing, leaving Beijing to JFK airport in New York​

Which coincides with your description. Fingers crossed :)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Mine are the same. Usually 3 or 4 days. Then ICS New York for 3 days then to the Bronx.

Yes, as per 17track, it shows en route to New York, so to NJ from there might be one more day than to the Bronx.

I've often bought items from B&H Photo in NYC, and even with their free shipping, receive the item in NJ in 1-2 days.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, as per 17track, it shows en route to New York, so to NJ from there might be one more day than to the Bronx.

I've often bought items from B&H Photo in NYC, and even with their free shipping, receive the item in NJ in 1-2 days.
The last set of panels I got from ft was 12 days shipped. So they're getting a lot better. Used to forget I ordered stuff and it would show up. Lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL. That is Crisscross 's work. The drip tip is made by her husband Baz. Unfortunately, they do not sell panels or drip tips...they gift them on occasion.
The tip is a bit much for my taste but those panels are pretty!

Btw Brew, between the EUC and Nautilus coils which ones are giving you better flavor? EUCs probably have the edge due to the ceramic wick. If so, is it noticeable enough to justify the cost of the MF Bridge?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tip is a bit much for my taste but those panels are pretty!

Btw Brew, between the EUC and Nautilus coils which ones are giving you better flavor? EUCs probably have the edge due to the ceramic wick. If so, is it noticeable enough to justify the cost of the MF Bridge?

I really like the MF bridge, I get a much tighter draw then what I got from the Nautilus coil/bridge, even with the TP installed. I'm on my third week with the 1.3 ohm EUC coil, flavor is still good. Comfort bridge $35-ish with shipping, MF bridge $66-ish with shipping, about two weeks wait for either. Comfort bridge only Nautilus/Triton mini coils, MF kit uses a broader spectrum of coils (0.3{not sure but 0.5 sure} to 1.4 ohm coils, covers DL to really tight MTL, coils are $5.95 (I think, at FT) a box of five. I ordered a second MF kit but not a second Comfort bridge. The Comfort bridge is shelved for now, waiting for a bit of free time to see if I can rig something for it. If you decide to get the MF kit and don't like it, I'll buy it from you.:vino:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the MF bridge, I get a much tighter draw then what I got from the Nautilus coil/bridge, even with the TP installed. I'm on my third week with the 1.3 ohm EUC coil, flavor is still good. Comfort bridge $35-ish with shipping, MF bridge $66-ish with shipping, about two weeks wait for either. Comfort bridge only Nautilus/Triton mini coils, MF kit uses a broader spectrum of coils (0.3{not sure but 0.5 sure} to 1.4 ohm coils, covers DL to really tight MTL, coils are $5.95 (I think, at FT) a box of five. I ordered a second MF kit but not a second Comfort bridge. The Comfort bridge is shelved for now, waiting for a bit of free time to see if I can rig something for it. If you decide to get the MF kit and don't like it, I'll buy it from you.:vino:
Thanks for the head to head! But which has better flavor?

Airflow isn't really a huge deal to me bc I enjoy KFL tight to Mi-One loose for MTL.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll be ordering a MF bridge myself soon... Vape budget kicks in again soon ;)

If anything I am a stickler for budgets.

Could get it sooner, and sell off stuff I don't use... Like the Haku's, Neo etc.

What is on the Picos are Chi-NarDa/Ca right now and those work great together.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the head to head! But which has better flavor?

Airflow isn't really a huge deal to me bc I enjoy KFL tight to Mi-One loose for MTL.

Honestly, I like the MF with the ceramic 1.3 ohm coil, haven't tried the 1.4 ohm coils yet while the Nautilus/Comfort was "benched" after 5 minutes.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way I looked at the bridges for BB is that both BB are meant for MTL (for me) and the only one bridge that delivered is the MF. All the others, including the Insider MTL and VapeShell (SXK) are just the wrong side of tight draw, would call it tight-ish. I will try to work with them when time allows, but for now.....I'll stick with what works for me.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The way I looked at the bridges for BB is that both BB are meant for MTL (for me) and the only one bridge that delivered is the MF. All the others, including the Insider MTL and VapeShell (SXK) are just the wrong side of tight draw, would call it tight-ish. I will try to work with them when time allows, but for now.....I'll stick with what works for me.

Any idea when they restock? Been stalking the MF website and no go.

VU Sponsors