Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape mail...
BLING BLING!

JMK Busto- and flat button in brass :)
7d1bd290d762ca602efc315158521d46.jpg
I'm going to outfit my SXK with the same set in stainless.

I seriously think I'm going through withdrawals from checking tracking in vapemail. My package from 3F won't update until Tuesday and I still want to check it every hour.

My name is jmoney and I have a problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just joined Friendly Waffles FB Group. It's run by Eddy at Friendly Flipper... $10 to join and that includes entry to a waffle every time 50 new members are added.

Other regular waffles are offered regularly too.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all you FB savvy people!!! Look for a group called Caliber concepts, they make a very interesting tank for the BB!

Never mind....I found the ultem tanks on Friendly Flipper, they're $50 and out of stock!

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been a bit obsessed with trying to come up with an idea to get a somewhat custom tip and button set for my Ratblack SXK that's on the way. I think I've come up with a great idea!

I'm going to get a JMK set and torch it! I'll post the results in a couple of weeks when it's done.

EDIT: Come to think of it that may be a nice option for the stock 510 nut! I'll give it w whirls when my SXK arrives. That way everyone will know if it works before trying it on the authentic.

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a good deal and no wait for China shipping... I've been on the fence about getting the RPG one but can't pull the trigger. I've got my black SXK beater and my babied 2018 authentic silver. If anything I'd replace my beater with an authentic rat black. Maybe...
I'm tempted by the green one but I'm brok for a bit... Maybe I'll sell my RSQ and Entheon...

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is a good deal and no wait for China shipping... I've been on the fence about getting the RPG one but can't pull the trigger. I've got my black SXK beater and my babied 2018 authentic silver. If anything I'd replace my beater with an authentic rat black. Maybe...

How much of a difference do you find between the authentic and the SXK? Never seen or handled an authentic, but this SXK USB is top notch.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much of a difference do you find between the authentic and the SXK? Never seen or handled an authentic, but this SXK USB is top notch.
Very minor differences... I need authentics for marketing and advertising...

Unfortunately Authentic Billet Box users are vehemently against clones and seeing one with my products could hurt my brand image...

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very minor differences... I need authentics for marketing and advertising...

Unfortunately Authentic Billet Box users are vehemently against clones and seeing one with my products could hurt my brand image...

Understandable. Doubly so, because I have to say, the SXK for almost 1/3 of the price is scary good. It's one thing when China clones something and it basically sucks, at any price. Quite another when they clone it and they nail it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Understandable. Doubly so, because I have to say, the SXK for almost 1/3 of the price is scary good. It's one thing when China clones something and it basically sucks, at any price. Quite another when they clone it and they nail it.
That's why all the BB groups are all butthurt about it!
4ddaef99997d32654db758f4a55b62d2.jpg

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really do think the BB is brilliant. After using it this week, I would be very much so inclined to purchase the authentic now.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really do think the BB is brilliant. After using it this week, I would be very much so inclined to purchase the authentic now.
If BBV were the ones to drop the USB version I'd jump all over it. The fact that SXK beat them to it says they're resting on their laurels. Might have worked a few years ago when they sold quick as they could make em but nowadays???

But what now... Do they clone the clone?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If BBV were the ones to drop the USB version I'd jump all over it. The fact that SXK beat them to it says they're resting on their laurels. Might have worked a few years ago when they sold quick as they could make em but nowadays???

Team Noct USB ;) lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I think I read somewhere they made a comment on their FB page that there will no authentic BB with USB. They may be reluctant to change but failed to realize they're not the only player in the BB game anymore. It may be they'll go the way of the Provi.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I read somewhere they made a comment on their FB page that there will no authentic BB with USB. They may be reluctant to change but failed to realize they're not the only player in the BB game anymore. It may be they'll go the way of the Provi.
Honestly I'm not much for TC these days (save for Replay on the DNA 75C) so it doesn't matter much to me. The ONLY reason I want the USB on the SXK clones is so I don't have to use the ass backwards screen and buttons!

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Pico Squeeze with a KRMA on top 26g SS316L slightly spaced at about 0.4ohms, and the SXK BB with Kanger 0.5 SSOCC 316SS coil at around 25 watts and 450F. Same juice in both, and I can't put either one of them down. The Pico/Krma combo gives a bit more air, flavour and vapor production. I go with So619Cal that the BB is about 85% there compared to a squonker.

The temp control is spot on with the Kanger SSOCC coils. Really enjoying this SXK BB. :cheers:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the SXKUSBBB ;), RPG if you will. It is a solid piece, came with the Kanger RBA in the tank, has the Nautilus and Kanger OCC bridges as well. The screen is upside down but I choose to think the chip programmer was from Australia:). The panels are a fraction thicker than the authentic, not quite as smoothly finished as the authentics. There is a tiny bit of play if you force it with your thumb but not evident during normal use. The metal body's edges aren't quite as rounded as the authentic, they give more of a square appearance. The thing feels a bit chunkier in the hand, most probably because of the slightly thicker panels. This is quickly moving up next to my Pico Squeeze + Odis 16 in the carry in the car category. One more thing, the kanger rba has a AF ring of sorts but can not be put (threaded onto) a ohm meter so best way to coil it is slightly spaced. I put a 30g/38g SS clapton, 6 wraps with a 3.0 mm ID. It reads 1.32 ohms and at 12.7 watts it is a decent vape even though I keep trying to squonk the damn thing.

To answer @troydestroy earlier question, I've used the 1.4 ohm traditional MTL coil (EUC) for the last two days. Not a bad vape, decent flavor, seems to me just a hair tighter draw than the 1.3 ohm ceramic. Now that I've used both MTL coils, I'm glad I bought only one box of 1.4 ohm coils and 3 boxes of 1.3 ohms ceramic coils. The ceramic coils give a brighter, better flavor IMHO but the 1.4 ohms coils are still nothing to be sneered at. The 1.4 coils are the "I'll use this until I get the other coils" type, not bad but not great either.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was under the impression the USB port was only for using escribe, and not charging, but it is charging the battery. Learn something new everyday!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was under the impression the USB port was only for using escribe, and not charging, but it is charging the battery. Learn something new everyday!
Watch out for the thin smoke tendrils !:vino:

Maybe that's what the hole under the usb port is for?

Just messin with you:cheers:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just an update, the VapeShell clone is meant to work one way, both logos same direction...it worked for a while backwards then started leaking hardcore, my bad

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Giving the BB the run about today out in the wild.

Nephew is in town from Arkansas and wife has a day planned for us.

My normal out and about combo is Breeze with 24mg salts and the 1.2Ω coil head when around others in public... with the Pico in the car for the commuting.

Have some 12mg Salts loaded with the comfort .7Ω (.84Ω) at 12w

Ran out of coils for the Breeze... only down fall with that mod... its not always used... So coils are single use...no way would I vape on a coil that sits for a week or two after being drowned in Salts.

I really like the Breeze for out and about vaping...truly think its a rock star mod for stealth and for not being obnoxious with vapor in public.

Hi5 BBonkers, have an awesome Sunday!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I found my perfect MTL pull. The aspire 1.6 coil with an MTL plug from Troy and unfortunately closing off two of the holes on the billet box itself. I guess I need tighter coils still. Maybe 1.8. Do they make a 2.0 for aspire? But anyhow. I'm liking the yftk billet I got today so far.
ada34ebc78c7326c08beb68dba8d6c96.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I found my perfect MTL pull. The aspire 1.6 coil with an MTL plug from Troy and unfortunately closing off two of the holes on the billet box itself. I guess I need tighter coils still. Maybe 1.8. Do they make a 2.0 for aspire? But anyhow. I'm liking the yftk billet I got today so far.
ada34ebc78c7326c08beb68dba8d6c96.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The 1.8 ohm coils have about the same draw as the 1.6 ohm ones.
The difference for me was the MF bridge with the MTL kit along with the EUC 1.3 ohm ceramic coils. Try and get in that FT group buy they were talking about a page or so earlier, it really is worth it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I need to get a shitty mod soon lol... my VT133 called it quits finally after 67k puffs... don't have a coil builder/ohm meter anymore...not that I've used an ohm reader in forever... was more to pulse coils than care of ohms...

Could always just pulse them on a tube mech I guess

Or I could get that BB extension thingy-ma-bob...nah...rather not add the extra button presses...

Hmm... haven't had to shop for a standalone mod in a long time lol

Mirage?

OOH wait I have this fucking POS still lol

f6091735e6ed685db8e7589021bf1ed1.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I need to get a shitty mod soon lol... my VT133 called it quits finally after 67k puffs... don't have a coil builder/ohm meter anymore...not that I've used an ohm reader in forever... was more to pulse coils than care of ohms...

Could always just pulse them on a tube mech I guess

Or I could get that BB extension thingy-ma-bob...nah...rather not add the extra button presses...

Hmm... haven't had to shop for a standalone mod in a long time lol

Mirage?

OOH wait I have this fucking POS still lol

f6091735e6ed685db8e7589021bf1ed1.jpg
Get a Pico Squeeze 2 and use it?:teehee:
How did the BB do on your outing? Did it carry its weight?
On a somewhat related tangent, the Insider MTL + TP (*tm) are juuust about right for my idea of MTL, wish it was a bit tighter but it is livable......just my thoughts, if you don't care about building coils and are fine with dropping in a pre made, save your $150 from the Insider or better yet, add $20 to that and get a MF full kit and a SXKUSBBB:cheers:

VU Sponsors