Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.its almost to restricted for my tastes...
That is where the problem arises! It is almost too restricted for your tastes but too airy for mine! I guess I'll hang on to it for a little while longer since my vaping tastes seem to change back and forth.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is where the problem arises! It is almost too restricted for your tastes but too airy for mine! I guess I'll hang on to it for a little while longer since my vaping tastes seem to change back and forth.

I like a restricted DL...and its really at the absolute limits... more akin to loose MTL I would say for sure.

Toot on the NarDa at 1/3rd open and its like wtf thats a lot of air! lol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright fellow bonky billets im in a toss up of tradeing my bliss for a rat black with trans red and black panels ultem boro ect not sure if i want the rat black tho hmm decisions decisions i think rrps are way off tho my bliss haku and caps are 600
0cff7c24757e3685e4cc6b052d396cfb.jpg
94d238279e173bcc005cdd616ab94774.jpg
9619558b3110d712a47ef727aa2d43f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alright fellow bonky billets im in a toss up of tradeing my bliss for a rat black with trans red and black panels ultem boro ect not sure if i want the rat black tho hmm decisions decisions i think rrps are way off tho my bliss haku and caps are 600
0cff7c24757e3685e4cc6b052d396cfb.jpg
94d238279e173bcc005cdd616ab94774.jpg
9619558b3110d712a47ef727aa2d43f8.jpg

RB-BB 2018 New $264...Ultem Boro $75 Piss Gizard DT -$50 (Thats a Minus) - Panels who knows - VS = $85

Even if you add Piztards DT and Button, thats $52

So total is $476 ( Not including panels )

Then, how used and abused was it... how many times did he spring a leak... these are things only you can tell once you take it apart. Well abused you will be able to tell from scratches etc.

Me I'd pass on it...spend $100 on the SXK if you're wanting a second one.

If I ever trade my BB... it will be for the DNA75C 21700 Palm Squonker, and nothing else.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Comfort Bridge arrived...slapped in the .7 coil @12w... decent vape...not sure if I am going to get on with it though...its almost to restricted for my tastes...

Might grow into it, as I have noticed over the past year my vape style has moved to a more restricted vape... but right now...not really feeling it.

I'll give it a tank or 2...maybe lol
Dibs on the bridge bro

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dibs on the bridge bro

I can sympathize with you and @jmoney426 but I get the feeling that it may take some time before @So619Cal and I decide to sell the Comfort bridges.I think I'll hang on to it for at least a couple of months before I decide simply because I go back and try it every so often. Some days I want a much looser MTL draw than I normally like.....It's the same reason I'm hanging on to the Insider MTL.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can sympathize with you and @jmoney426 but I get the feeling that it may take some time before @So619Cal and I decide to sell the Comfort bridges.I think I'll hang on to it for at least a couple of months before I decide simply because I go back and try it every so often. Some days I want a much looser MTL draw than I normally like.....It's the same reason I'm hanging on to the Insider MTL.
Ill order one eventually lmao i just dont want to spend nomore pocket money gotta start sellin off some stuff

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All good brother. I have a clone bridge that will do me fine. I might just order one from Atmistique if I enjoy the SXK one.

I have plenty of options to keep me busy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All good brother. I have a clone bridge that will do me fine. I might just order one from Atmistique if I enjoy the SXK one.

I have plenty of options to keep me busy!

Honestly, there isn't much to admire in the Atmistique Comfort bridge. I will have the SXK one in a couple of weeks (being extremely optimistic here) and I'll be able to compare the two.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, there isn't much to admire in the Atmistique Comfort bridge. I will have the SXK one in a couple of weeks (being extremely optimistic here) and I'll be able to compare the two.
If I could get another SXK I definitely would. I have posts all over the Facebook groups offering to buy one but have come up with nada.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Atmistique is currently out of the Comforts (regular) they have the Golds($5 more)...but I am sure being how popular it is, they will have them again soon.

As for how long it took for mine to arrive... my paypal shows I paid for it on the 6/11 and it arrived today, so 7 days.

I'm not writing it off just yet though... on tank 2, and soon to refill for tank 3 with it, growing on me lol But its feels like a watermelon in a straw haha...might have to whip up some salty for it so I don't toot it that often to care lol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Atmistique is currently out of the Comforts (regular) they have the Golds($5 more)...but I am sure being how popular it is, they will have them again soon.

As for how long it took for mine to arrive... my paypal shows I paid for it on the 6/11 and it arrived today, so 7 days.

I'm not writing it off just yet though... on tank 2, and soon to refill for tank 3 with it, growing on me lol But its feels like a watermelon in a straw haha...might have to whip up some salty for it so I don't toot it that often to care lol
Ahh just give it up its not for your likeing (wink)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soooo.....I'm using a low tech. solution to my high tech problem (not really high tech but it sounds good ). Using the Triton 1.8 ohm coil on the "A" tank along with the TroyPlug(tm) but it was still too airy. I just shoved some cotton in the space between the coil's 510 post and the TroyPlug. Tighter draw, happier bear:)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
poor guy on reddit... earlier today I replied to a thread of someone asking for the samsung 30T battery csv. Told him to check Evolv's forums, if nothing, just run the battery analyzer on his mod with half dead batteries.

I get a reply...

upload_2018-6-18_19-21-37.png

:facepalm:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
poor guy on reddit... earlier today I replied to a thread of someone asking for the samsung 30T battery csv. Told him to check Evolv's forums, if nothing, just run the battery analyzer on his mod with half dead batteries.

I get a reply...

View attachment 113970

:facepalm:
I'll venture a guess, he was rather unclear on the process? BTW, I have to do that with the batteries in the Therions but I'm having too much fun with the Bbs.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Filled up my other A-Tank with a menthol/koolada mix I just made. In combination with the 0.9 ohm cCell and the TP MTL I'm getting a really satisfying vape.

Funny, I was never a menthol smoker but I love it in a simple eliquid!

Edit: also dialed my nic salt concentration to 12mg. I think the 18 was too much for me.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soooo.....I'm using a low tech. solution to my high tech problem (not really high tech but it sounds good ). Using the Triton 1.8 ohm coil on the "A" tank along with the TroyPlug(tm) but it was still too airy. I just shoved some cotton in the space between the coil's 510 post and the TroyPlug. Tighter draw, happier bear:)
U have to start showin pics of these creations

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Filled up my other A-Tank with a menthol/koolada mix I just made. In combination with the 0.9 ohm cCell and the TP MTL I'm getting a really satisfying vape.

Funny, I was never a menthol smoker but I love it in a simple eliquid!

Edit: also dialed my nic salt concentration to 12mg. I think the 18 was too much for me.

Never smoked menthol either, and vaped only unflavored until about September of last year. I suddenly had a very bad case of vapers tongue, and nothing tasted right. Ordered some menthol crystals off Amazon and diluted in PG. Been vaping it ever since. I have also recently added some Horehound and Eucalyptus with mint.

Now I read they released some study that menthol and eucalyptus were named as causing possible lung damage if vaped. :headbang:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Button boards for an sxk 70. Can they be bought separately and does anyone know where to shop?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

@Wtmke1

Are you looking to swap the SXK Ares 70w board to the DNA60, or is the button board failed and needs replacing?

If for the swap, and concerned about the wiring, I recall someone saying that the button board for the DNA60 has 2 ground wires, whereas the SXK Ares 70w board only has 1 ground wire, and the solution was to bridge (or shunt) the 2 ground wires on the DNA60 board, and only need to use the 1 wire from the SXK Ares button board...

A ground, or 'negative' is usually a 'common' connection.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wtmke1

Are you looking to swap the SXK Ares 70w board to the DNA60, or is the button board failed and needs replacing?

If for the swap, and concerned about the wiring, I recall someone saying that the button board for the DNA60 has 2 ground wires, whereas the SXK Ares 70w board only has 1 ground wire, and the solution was to bridge (or shunt) the 2 ground wires on the DNA60 board, and only need to use the 1 wire from the SXK Ares button board...

A ground, or 'negative' is usually a 'common' connection.
Just a button board on the 70. Got one shipped out to me today. Wish I could solder. I'm sure I could but I've got a buddy that's gonna work on it

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just a button board on the 70. Got one shipped out to me today. Wish I could solder. I'm sure I could but I've got a buddy that's gonna work on it

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

From what I've read, on the SXK button board, there are 3 wires, Up V+, Down V+, and shared V- (ground), so the soldering is not a lot of contacts, but the wires are tiny (~30g, stranded), and the solder patches on the board are small, so a low-wattage soldering iron (~20w) with a needle tip is likely going to be the tool to use..

Where did you get the board from? Is SXK selling parts for the clones?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Thanks for the reply.

From what I've read, on the SXK button board, there are 3 wires, Up V+, Down V+, and shared V- (ground), so the soldering is not a lot of contacts, but the wires are tiny (~30g, stranded), and the solder patches on the board are small, so a low-wattage soldering iron (~20w) with a needle tip is likely going to be the tool to use..

Where did you get the board from? Is SXK selling parts for the clones?
Actually the guy I bought it from had some extras so he sent one today. Was my idea. He offered to refund and me return the mod but I really like this black one so I opted to fix it. Shit happens, it's cool. I'll get it going by the end of the month. Can be a b-day present to me.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Actually the guy I bought it from had some extras so he sent one today. Was my idea. He offered to refund and me return the mod but I really like this black one so I opted to fix it. Shit happens, it's cool. I'll get it going by the end of the month. Can be a b-day present to me.

Thats a nice B-day present! :)

I wonder if the extra board came off a BB that had other issues and the spare you are receiving was ''salvaged' as parts since I could not find any source to get SXK parts for their BB.

If in fact I am correct, and he has some non-functioning BBs or other parts, I would be interested to know what, if anything is available. Maybe you can ask him?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats a nice B-day present! :)

I wonder if the extra board came off a BB that had other issues and the spare you are receiving was ''salvaged' as parts since I could not find any source to get SXK parts for their BB.

If in fact I am correct, and he has some non-functioning BBs or other parts, I would be interested to know what, if anything is available. Maybe you can ask him?
I'll ask him and see what he has and if he's willing to get rid of anything. No problem. I'm honestly not sure where the spare board came from. But I'm glad he had a spare. I really like this one. Got 2 dobers same model but I don't know man. I'll let you know if he's willing to sell any spare parts

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'll ask him and see what he has and if he's willing to get rid of anything. No problem. I'm honestly not sure where the spare board came from. But I'm glad he had a spare. I really like this one. Got 2 dobers same model but I don't know man. I'll let you know if he's willing to sell any spare parts

Thanks for the reply. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer to discuss as well.

I'm using the rat black SXK DNA60 BB, with the Ultem panels and matching Ultem drip top I got from brother Troy. :)

The Dober SXK DNA60 that I got as a backup BB, was tested for 3 days, and then cleaned and put back into the box, without doing anything via Escribe.

I'm very tempted to try and snag one of the versions with the USB port, but waiting for someone who already has one to report back on how it is...but I do not NEED another BB, I am just liking it very much.

I need to save some cash to get one of the JMK SS integrated drip-tip/key thingies...or from Nolli designs...

Atmistique has them too, but I dont like the flange on the Atmistique one...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply. Please feel free to PM me if you prefer to discuss as well.

I'm using the rat black SXK DNA60 BB, with the Ultem panels and matching Ultem drip top I got from brother Troy. :)

The Dober SXK DNA60 that I got as a backup BB, was tested for 3 days, and then cleaned and put back into the box, without doing anything via Escribe.

I'm very tempted to try and snag one of the versions with the USB port, but waiting for someone who already has one to report back on how it is...but I do not NEED another BB, I am just liking it very much.

I need to save some cash to get one of the JMK SS integrated drip-tip/key thingies...or from Nolli designs...

Atmistique has them too, but I dont like the flange on the Atmistique one...
If I'm not mistaken the jmk tips are the only ones that will work with the sxk. Not 100% sure. @jmoney426. Can you verify?

Well any 510 but the threaded tips I mean. Sorry

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I think I can live with the Nat Bridge lol...but not with 9mg Nic Salts...my goodness.

Almost turned green HAHA

Think I will cut this shit in half...try 4.5mg

Upside...its flavorless so EZ-PZ... once I find the Nic level I can tolerate, I'll add in some flavors... so weird... I use 24mg in my Breeze no issues

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I think I can live with the Nat Bridge lol...but not with 9mg Nic Salts...my goodness.

Almost turned green HAHA

Think I will cut this shit in half...try 4.5mg

Upside...its flavorless so EZ-PZ... once I find the Nic level I can tolerate, I'll add in some flavors... so weird... I use 24mg in my Breeze no issues

When I first started with nic salts about a month ago, my first batch was the same nic level as my freebase juice, 1.5mg.

1.5mg nic salts felt the same as freebase.

So over the course of about 2 weeks, I mixed 7 or 8 batches of 30ml, incrementally increasing the nic each time a little.

5.5mg/ml of nic salts gave me a near-instant blinding headache, and I was dizzy and had vertigo, even after only 3-4 puffs, so I diluted that down to 5mg/ml and it was fine. However, I settled on 4.5mg/ml because the math was easier to mix in 0.2ml increments with a 6ml syringe for a 120ml batch.

I am now into the second batch of 120ml @ 4.5mg/ml with the nic salts, and I'm likely gonna stay here.

Freebase nic with a level higher than 1.8mg/ml also gives me a wicked headache, but the reaction does not happen for about 20 mins before it hits me, and will persist for hours, however, I found that taking 2x Aleve and immediately chugging about 20 oz of water helps it go away faster.

Getting nic sick is now fun. :sad:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I cut that crap down and did a separate freestyle mix

Grab one of the flavors I've never used, and mix it with 2 others at a total of less than 8%

Ended up being 7.35% total flavoring lol

Banana Split 4%
Sweet Cream 1.25%
Vanilla Custard V1 2.1%

Did a quick Shake and Vape... I actually liked it :wtf: lol

Remember grabbing the Banana Split long ago to put me just over the free shipping from Nic River lol

When I first started with nic salts about a month ago, my first batch was the same nic level as my freebase juice, 1.5mg.

1.5mg nic salts felt the same as freebase.

So over the course of about 2 weeks, I mixed 7 or 8 batches of 30ml, incrementally increasing the nic each time a little.

5.5mg/ml of nic salts gave me a near-instant blinding headache, and I was dizzy and had vertigo, even after only 3-4 puffs, so I diluted that down to 5mg/ml and it was fine. However, I settled on 4.5mg/ml because the math was easier to mix in 0.2ml increments with a 6ml syringe for a 120ml batch.

I am now into the second batch of 120ml @ 4.5mg/ml with the nic salts, and I'm likely gonna stay here.

Freebase nic with a level higher than 1.8mg/ml also gives me a wicked headache, but the reaction does not happen for about 20 mins before it hits me, and will persist for hours, however, I found that taking 2x Aleve and immediately chugging about 20 oz of water helps it go away faster.

Getting nic sick is now fun. :sad:

Yeah I did the same thing... started real high though... 15ml of 24mg... then cut it to 12mg in 30ml... cut that to 9mg in a 60ml bottle but only 45ml...now its 4.5mg in a 60ml... normally vape 3mg and 1.5... if this proves still to much, I'll cut it to 2.25% and mix up a 120 of shit I like out of it... right now its just unflavored.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well I cut that crap down and did a separate freestyle mix

Grab one of the flavors I've never used, and mix it with 2 others at a total of less than 8%

Ended up being 7.35% total flavoring lol

Banana Split 4%
Sweet Cream 1.25%
Vanilla Custard V1 2.1%

Did a quick Shake and Vape... I actually liked it :wtf: lol

Remember grabbing the Banana Split long ago to put me just over the free shipping from Nic River lol

Yeah I did the same thing... started real high though... 15ml of 24mg... then cut it to 12mg in 30ml... cut that to 9mg in a 60ml bottle but only 45ml...now its 4.5mg in a 60ml... normally vape 3mg and 1.5... if this proves still to much, I'll cut it to 2.25% and mix up a 120 of shit I like out of it... right now its just unflavored.
Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe. I've never had banana flavored juice.

I have the 'smooth' aka 'Pure Nic' from Nic River.

I'm going with unflavored now for about 1 yr, since I found that PG makes me very sick and most of the juice flavorings seem to be either wholly PG based or partly PG based. Cotton lasts weeks and coils last months with regular cleaning when re-wicking with unflavored juice.

I do have some Boomer from Nuclear Vapes (vanilla custard with graham cracker crust) and Redemption from Bad Modder Fogger (vanilla custard cream) for when I want some flavor, which I can only vape maybe 5ml of before the PG gets to me and I have to stop.

What has been your experience with orders from Nic River?

Seems like they take 2-3 days processing time, and then shipping is at least 7 calendar days until receipt for the least expensive shipping option.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe. I've never had banana flavored juice.

I have the 'smooth' aka 'Pure Nic' from Nic River.

What has been your experience with orders from Nic River?

Seems like they take 2-3 days processing time, and then shipping is at least 7 calendar days until receipt for the least expensive shipping option.

I use NicRiver for they are in California, never really paid attention to transit times with them, but your assessment sounds about right.

I know I've received deliveries from other countries faster than from places delivering in state for me lol

Like when I order batteries...

Illumn in San Jose California is slower than ordering from IMR who is in Houston Texas lol or liion wholesale in Pennsylvania

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Took a dremel to my Merlin DT yesterday. It's not perfect but it covers that janky ass nut.
b96118b8c97216b3d0ec126a52134a0a.jpg

kewl!

Can you show a close-up of the underside so we can witness the modification and craftsmanship?

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Prob been explained already but whats the diff between this and comfort bridge

Insider is an RTA for the boro tank.

Comfort Bridge allows the use of a specific variety of compatible pre-made coil heads which are disposable unless you wish to disassemble and rebuild them.

BVC denotes 'bottom vertical coil' as per the Aspire Nautilus, Atlantis and Triton pre-made coil heads.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Insider is an RTA for the boro tank.

Comfort Bridge allows the use of a specific variety of compatible pre-made coil heads which are disposable unless you wish to disassemble and rebuild them.

BVC denotes 'bottom vertical coil' as per the Aspire Nautilus, Atlantis and Triton pre-made coil heads.

Except, there are two different Aspire setups. One that takes the Nautilus type coils, and another that takes the Atlantis type coils. The bridges and the boro tanks are different.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Except, there are two different Aspire setups. One that takes the Nautilus type coils, and another that takes the Atlantis type coils. The bridges and the boro tanks are different.
There's three different Aspire setups to make it even more confusing

Comfort Bridge = Aspire NAUTILUS Coils for use in the regular Boro.

A-Tank & bridge = Aspire ATLANTIS coils. Special Boro and bridge set.

BVC Bridge = Aspire BVC coils for use in the regular Boro.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's three different Aspire setups to make it even more confusing

Comfort Bridge = Aspire NAUTILUS Coils for use in the regular Boro.

A-Tank & bridge = Aspire ATLANTIS coils. Special Boro and bridge set.

BVC Bridge = Aspire BVC coils for use in the regular Boro.

Schooled! LOL!

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My SXK BB from FT landed in Canada last night. That is some sort of record I think. Ordered Thursday, shipped Friday, in Canada Tuesday. It's way on the other side of the country, but there is a slight hope might get it by Friday. Now that I have posted this, the vape gods could very well smite me.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Prob been explained already but whats the diff between this and comfort bridge

They utilize the same principle coil, just the design is different.

For the bridge that brew is selling, you want the regular Aspire BVC coils, not with "Nautilus" or "Atlantis" in its name.

This is the Aspire BVC

b30ae64468c74153292260b22583891b.png

This is the Aspire Nautilus

88d73dee8b62b3a30b59e4e034787bb4.png

This is the Aspire Atlantis

b5fa13e61b19c4b431b64c35f7c535ea.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors