Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some nice color options for the drop tomorrow, guys! RNB, Fawkes, NUGGET!, TMNBB!, BX9, Rat, and Clear

Haven't seen Dober in a while, eh @~Don~?
91a83419b172e0895f63273ed67eb030.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know for a fact RPG is the color that many want.

Black is another.

From there it’s really a toss up with what is available that Saturday... IE which is the least repulsive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the story with the Chinese ones? Was that a limited batch for Chinese New Year/regular New Year? Also, the Barbara Walters 20/20 ones?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The year of the dog one was an early 2018 model (‘18 being year of the dog)

BW ones no idea... thought those were pretty stupid.

The year of the dog one was an early 2018 model (‘18 being year of the dog)

BW ones no idea... thought those were pretty stupid.

I know, right? Talk about random. From perversely browsing their website and social media accounts in the days before my purchase, and after, I can definitely tell they try to be edgy and different. That's not a bad thing, it's just not my idea of a cool limited edition.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm a DL kind of guy. Atmizoo says Vapesnails will be available in May. Haven't seen in it stock anywhere. Almost anything I come across, new, that I consider buying, is located in Europe, and I'm not.

Will probably go for either a Vapeshell or Vapesnail. The difference is I can get Vapeshell now. But I saw a review where the guy had trouble aligning the vapeshell inside his boro. While I do not believe I would have such trouble, it would drive me wild if it was crooked. I'll probably end up buying one of these two and use premade coils to hold me over until it arrives.

Speaking of premade coils, what are the best for DL on BB? Certainly not the default OCC, the Nautilus, EUC, or the Nord?

So no RBA bridge for DL? What do you suggest?

Holy cow! Things have spiced up again in the forum.

Here's what I've experienced in the last 3 months. I don't think one can get a full DL like a wide open dual coil RBA. It's more of a single coil experience. Like a GT IV with the wide open deck in it. That's probably the best the billet box can offer.

The ultimate DL RBA for flavor so far in the Billet Box is the Odis Boxxer V2. It's like using a squonker with a small single coil RDA. The coil is just below the drip tip to give a true RDA experience. I compare it to a squonker because you have to position the Billet Box horizontal every now and then so that you can feed juice to the wicks. I use a 28-2/40 3mm fused clapton. If I'm vaping at my desk I find this annoying because I like to simply stand my device next to my mouse for convenience. With the Boxxer V2 I have to lay it down. Yah I know that's nitpicking but I'm getting old and crotchety and that kind of stuff annoys me.

I have never tried a VapeSnail. The VapeSnail is supposedly an evolutionary step up from the dotShell which improved on the VapeShell. I have a dotShell for my dotAIO and it is superb. Not as good as the Boxxer V2 in the Billet Box, but shockingly good in the little dotAIO. I've tried the SXK VapeShell in the Billet Box. I don't find the flavor to be as good as the Boxxer V2 and I find the quality so cheap and crappy that it PO's me and I toss it back in the drawer. I was surprised to see comments about not being able to position it in the Boro. It requires some attention but it was certainly not a problem.

Finally in the upper end RBA list is the Xeta. Mine is a YFTK Titanium version. Easy to build, flavor is good. It's like comparing a good RTA to an RDA when comparing to the Boxxer V2. In this particular case I did a lot of background research to identify that the YFTK version was better than the SXK version. The Titanium version of the YFTK was just released in February and took 5 weeks to get to me.The roaring noise at full draw through the Xeta clone is so loud that it makes me cringe. It is also packed up and sitting in my drawer.

I am done with Chinese clones of anything. I sold the two SXK Billet Boxes that I had and now only have originals.

So far EUC 0.5 ceramic SS316L coils have been great. The flavor and draw are not up to the Boxxer V2 but for price and convenience they may be the best out there. If you have a TCR curve for SS316L in your Billet you can vape these with TC. I have shitload of these stockpiled. I have heard great things about the EUC 0.5 ohm Clapton A1 coils which seam to be everyone's benchmark if they are using coils in the Billet Box. I have not tried these. I just received some in the mail yesterday so I'll find out.

Another contender with the best drop-in coil airflow so far are Aspire Triton/Atlantis coils. These of course require the A-Tank and the Atlantis bridge. The 0.5 ohm Tritons have great airflow, better than the EUC if my memory is correct, but somehow manage to almost completely block all flavor from getting out of the Billet Box. The same applies to the Vaporesso cCell 0.5 ohm SS coils. If any of you want to try these PM me and I will mail a couple out to you.

OTH the Triton 0.15 ohm Ni200 coils which appear to be discontinued are wonderful. Flavor on par with the EUC above with much better airflow and great in TC mode. I've only been able to find 4 boxes on closeout. So the next one for me to try is the Vaporesso cCell 0.2 ohm Ni200 coils. I just received these also along with another A-Tank/bridge from BBV so I'm going to do a comparison.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Holy cow! Things have spiced up again in the forum.

Here's what I've experienced in the last 3 months. I don't think one can get a full DL like a wide open dual coil RBA. It's more of a single coil experience. Like a GT IV with the wide open deck in it. That's probably the best the billet box can offer.

The ultimate DL RBA for flavor so far in the Billet Box is the Odis Boxxer V2. It's like using a squonker with a small single coil RDA. The coil is just below the drip tip to give a true RDA experience. I compare it to a squonker because you have to position the Billet Box horizontal every now and then so that you can feed juice to the wicks. I use a 28-2/40 3mm fused clapton. If I'm vaping at my desk I find this annoying because I like to simply stand my device next to my mouse for convenience. With the Boxxer V2 I have to lay it down. Yah I know that's nitpicking but I'm getting old and crotchety and that kind of stuff annoys me.

I have never tried a VapeSnail. The VapeSnail is supposedly an evolutionary step up from the dotShell which improved on the VapeShell. I have a dotShell for my dotAIO and it is superb. Not as good as the Boxxer V2 in the Billet Box, but shockingly good in the little dotAIO. I've tried the SXK VapeShell in the Billet Box. I don't find the flavor to be as good as the Boxxer V2 and I find the quality so cheap and crappy that it PO's me and I toss it back in the drawer. I was surprised to see comments about not being able to position it in the Boro. It requires some attention but it was certainly not a problem.

Finally in the upper end RBA list is the Xeta. Mine is a YFTK Titanium version. Easy to build, flavor is good. It's like comparing a good RTA to an RDA when comparing to the Boxxer V2. In this particular case I did a lot of background research to identify that the YFTK version was better than the SXK version. The Titanium version of the YFTK was just released in February and took 5 weeks to get to me.The roaring noise at full draw through the Xeta clone is so loud that it makes me cringe. It is also packed up and sitting in my drawer.

I am done with Chinese clones of anything. I sold the two SXK Billet Boxes that I had and now only have originals.

So far EUC 0.5 ceramic SS316L coils have been great. The flavor and draw are not up to the Boxxer V2 but for price and convenience they may be the best out there. If you have a TCR curve for SS316L in your Billet you can vape these with TC. I have shitload of these stockpiled. I have heard great things about the EUC 0.5 ohm Clapton A1 coils which seam to be everyone's benchmark if they are using coils in the Billet Box. I have not tried these. I just received some in the mail yesterday so I'll find out.

Another contender with the best drop-in coil airflow so far are Aspire Triton/Atlantis coils. These of course require the A-Tank and the Atlantis bridge. The 0.5 ohm Tritons have great airflow, better than the EUC if my memory is correct, but somehow manage to almost completely block all flavor from getting out of the Billet Box. The same applies to the Vaporesso cCell 0.5 ohm SS coils. If any of you want to try these PM me and I will mail a couple out to you.

OTH the Triton 0.15 ohm Ni200 coils which appear to be discontinued are wonderful. Flavor on par with the EUC above with much better airflow and great in TC mode. I've only been able to find 4 boxes on closeout. So the next one for me to try is the Vaporesso cCell 0.2 ohm Ni200 coils. I just received these also along with another A-Tank/bridge from BBV so I'm going to do a comparison.
For me with the Vapeshell (clones anyway), it's not getting them lined up to go in the boro, it's after installed they don't line up due to poor quality. It's not something I have found that matters at all, just kinda bugs me.
1587823055548429187348.jpg

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For me with the Vapeshell (clones anyway), it's not getting them lined up to go in the boro, it's after installed they don't line up due to poor quality. It's not something I have found that matters at all, just kinda bugs me.
View attachment 159443

Mine is not as bad as that, but it is enough that it bugged me. What was worse for me was the cheap clamping screws. When I started to think about trying to find some quality screws to replace the ones in the SXK VapeShell I realized that life is too short for this crap. I am better off just spending the money on the real thing, if it is what I want, than trying to repair cheap Chinese workmanship. I want to enjoy my vaping. I don't want it to bug me.

Conversely, in my dotShell the screws fit and function really well and everything fits. You can tell that it was designed and executed by people that want a quality vaping experience. I would assume that the VapeShell is the same or better since it is now a third generation effort.

If you look through pictures on FB in the Billet Box USA group you see people showing off VapeShells that look exactly like your picture. You know immediately that it is a clone. There is supposed to be a strict 'no clone' rule but I've never called anybody out on it. No sense in stirring things up.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine is not as bad as that, but it is enough that it bugged me. What was worse for me was the cheap clamping screws. When I started to think about trying to find some quality screws to replace the ones in the SXK VapeShell I realized that life is too short for this crap. I am better off just spending the money on the real thing, if it is what I want, than trying to repair cheap Chinese workmanship. I want to enjoy my vaping. I don't want it to bug me.

Conversely, in my dotShell the screws fit and function really well and everything fits. You can tell that it was designed and executed by people that want a quality vaping experience. I would assume that the VapeShell is the same or better since it is now a third generation effort.

If you look through pictures on FB in the Billet Box USA group you see people showing off VapeShells that look exactly like your picture. You know immediately that it is a clone. There is supposed to be a strict 'no clone' rule but I've never called anybody out on it. No sense in stirring things up.
I agree on the dotshell, I love mine. I also agree on the Vapeshell clone screws, garbage. I found replacements for them at work, so I was very happy about that. The screws in the Authentic Vapeshell are top notch. I haven't seen any wear on mine through a lot of use.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine seems a tiny bit off as well. But it was maybe $19 in comparison to an authentic
4f92da8066ac6516b4663f2de51d8e25.jpg
That's how a couple of mine look, the pic I showed was the worst of mine. I agree, for the price difference it is just hard to justify. The only reasin I even have an authentic is it was used in a package deal. That said, I do like it much better.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine seems a tiny bit off as well. But it was maybe $19 in comparison to an authentic
4f92da8066ac6516b4663f2de51d8e25.jpg
Funny thing is that the clone VapeShell seems to vape just as well as the authentic (I've had both). Fit and finish is where the difference can bee seen.
I find that to be the same with most clones. The Dvarw and the Skyline also fall into that category.

Sent from the Death Star

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well another drop and another miss for me. 0 for the last 15 I believe. I swear I must be doing something wrong

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree on the dotshell, I love mine. I also agree on the Vapeshell clone screws, garbage. I found replacements for them at work, so I was very happy about that. The screws in the Authentic Vapeshell are top notch. I haven't seen any wear on mine through a lot of use.
Where did you get the screws?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also if you use Chrome or Firefox etc... you can have all your info saved...

All you’d have to do during check out is add the 3 digit pin code

This would save easily a minute in the mad dash of check out.

That's what I did. I just click on the credit card box and get a pop up with my card showing. Too convenient at times. Lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also if you use Chrome or Firefox etc... you can have all your info saved...

All you’d have to do during check out is add the 3 digit pin code

This would save easily a minute in the mad dash of check out.

Hmm, idk about that, but I will look into it, thanks.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, idk about that, but I will look into it, thanks.

It’s autofill, I have my CC info stored on Firefox...

Whenever I pay anything with my bank card, Apple Card or Discover it shows a pop up of the 3 and I just choose which one to apply to the fields...

1 click and name address cc Info is added, then I type in the 3 digit code

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Whenever I pay anything with my bank card, Apple Card or Discover it shows a pop up of the 3 and I just choose which one to apply to the fields...

I don't even know anything about firefox or what it is, lol. I'll google it and do some reading I guess. I am not what you would call tech savy......

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't even know anything about firefox or what it is, lol. I'll google it and do some reading I guess. I am not what you would call tech savy......
They have autofill on Google Chrome. Firefox is just another browser.
Usually when entering your credit card information somewhere it'll ask if you want Google to save it for you. I just clicked yes. Then I can now either hit the credit card number box and a pop up shows with my saved card or it happens as soon as I type the first number of the card. Super convenient.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone run higher nicotine in there billets? Mtl or dl? I upped my billets to a 6mg from 3mg as I figure it's a smaller hit than a squonk or rta. Got some cloud nerdz grape apple.

Also need the smallest karma insert for a decent mtl I hope. I think it's a 1mm.using the next size up and it's a little loose

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone run higher nicotine in there billets? Mtl or dl? I upped my billets to a 6mg from 3mg as I figure it's a smaller hit than a squonk or rta. Got some cloud nerdz grape apple.

If I got another BB it would replace my Pico Dvarw MTL set up which I use 9mg salts in.

Which is a hard sell to replace... vapes great, smaller, uses 18650’s and costs $40

So yeah I’d use 9 if I had one, don’t see an issue

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I do much the same but with Safari on an iMac. I also have pretty much memorized the BBV order page so that I know which checkboxes have to be pressed so that I don't miss something and get an error.

So far I'm 4 out of 6. The two times I missed was when I missed a checkbox or actually stopped to read something as I was going through the checkout process. So I went in during the week and practiced . :treadmill:

Based on my order numbers over the past month it looks like they are only selling 200 or less each week. I don't know what it was like before the 'Pandemic', but that's what it looks like for the past few weeks.

Autofill is an absolute must. I would pay for it if it wasn't free (I mean, up to a reasonable amount).

There are also other nice, free extensions for Google Chrome. I forget the name, but one refreshes the site (you choose how often, as low as once per second), once it sees that the "add to cart" was added (or whatever else, you tell it what to look for) it notifies you via a sound. So you can just have a tab open with this running in the background while you are going about your day.

With BB, I don't think they just randomly make stock available (do they?), it's always 8:30 MST +/- 1-2 minutes, so this may not be that much of an aid, you can just manually spam the refresh button during those couple of minutes. Many stores will ban your IP for refreshing too often, I don't think BB does though.

I learned all of this when I was really into sneakers, and likewise, they would also sell out within second(s). But with how prevalent bots are in the sneaker community, very often, none of these free tools would help. Bots do everything for you, from adding to cart to checking out (the biggest hurdle are the Captchas - which BB doesn't use, and good bots will solve them themselves), and I'm pretty sure it can do it multiple times per second.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Also need the smallest karma insert for a decent mtl I hope. I think it's a 1mm.using the next size up and it's a little loose
Yup. I use 3mg in drip and squonk, use 9mg in my Billets. Been working on dropping to 6mg, but keep going back to 9

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone been successful in buying panels from the Alex.Stabwood on FB? The Ukrainian guy. Have been trying to get a hold of him for a few days, via PM and posting, both in English and Russian, have not heard back.

Never heard of him...

Although...

I like Stefan's panels

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311838052564142/

I really like his marbled acrylics

He is a tad pricey, but his work is top notch.

But if I were to own a BB again and get specialty panels, I'd pm troy...

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone been successful in buying panels from the Alex.Stabwood on FB? The Ukrainian guy. Have been trying to get a hold of him for a few days, via PM and posting, both in English and Russian, have not heard back.
One of my FB friends got panels from him not to long ago

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This is where i ordered the panels i have coming..Ill be honest hes in no hurry to respond back nor will carry a continued conversation with you for whatever reason(s)..it took two days to get his info to send payment lol but i finally got it done last night..plus consider the time differences.

Im supposed to get pictures of my finished panels monday he says but well see how they look when i get them in hand before i could personally reccomend him...He does have some amazing designs...if these turn out good hes gonna get alot of business from me.
Screenshot_2020-04-23-15-56-32.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-22-17-29-47.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-22-17-29-47.png
    812.7 KB · Views: 8
Hmm, I keep browsing FB groups for BB stuff and some of the prices are absolutely insane. How can a set of inners be almost twice the cost of a new BB? Do companies like FF/Kontrl/etc. not just sell openly? Does everything have to go through a raffle?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, I keep browsing FB groups for BB stuff and some of the prices are absolutely insane. How can a set of inners be almost twice the cost of a new BB? Do companies like FF/Kontrl/etc. not just sell openly? Does everything have to go through a raffle?
Flippers dude. And BBs have gotten back in favor recently for some reason so prices, following said demand, have gone up.
Keep an eye out for TRVP accessories, SSPP panels, Koncio, and Ohman stuff. They tend to be the most reasonably priced but not the most hyped. Mums panels are readily available via his website too. I avoid Friendly Flipper for most everything for a variety of reasons, but price being the biggest one.

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors