Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
IDK man I wouldn't do that. I'm not sure about St Patty's Day and all that but they do still make an appearance very rarely.

Saw a tip though on scoring on the drops though (maybe it was said here): go for the ones with the special buttons. They don't go as quickly bc everyone wants to get the plain ones since they're going to switch them out anyway.

Sent from the Death Star

Right now they don't offer button options. Only the f-u button. (Fisheye Ultum). I kinda looks like there is a little corona virus under the button.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just ended up buying the sxk vapesnail. We'll see how that goes

I really think you will enjoy the snail... it is the one all in one system that is wanting me to get a BB again.

Checks pretty much all the boxes...

Looks tits, multiple build configurations to meet pretty much anyones vape style, easy top fill.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted black and gold and think i found something that i can be happy with...coming with a matching button and 510 tip...Everything will be polished up before shipping.
View attachment 159335
Oh that'll be sexaaaaay! Just be sure to keep moisture off of those panels as best you can. Renaissance Wax will polish and seal them at the same time.

Sent from the Death Star

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh that'll be sexaaaaay! Just be sure to keep moisture off of those panels as best you can. Renaissance Wax will polish and seal them at the same time.

Sent from the Death Star
Yea man im excited...with the gold metal pieces for the inside and the 3f vape ultem style boro it should turn out pretty nice.

I was going to ask what type of wax i should use to keep the panels looking nice...Thank you for that info.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea man im excited...with the gold metal pieces for the inside and the 3f vape ultem style boro it should turn out pretty nice.

I was going to ask what type of wax i should use to keep the panels looking nice...Thank you for that info.
Glad to help. Can't wait to see the finished setup! I keep my BB stock save for the button, drip tip, and flush nut since mine stays in a leather case but I appreciate all the sweet setups and work that goes into them.

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Having uneven sides really bothers me.

9a7ea1921547bffcc6f064f78ad3addd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a time it's said and done? Hmmm, never got that memo :D

Haha i hear ya...looks wise id call it finished...maybe some different plate screws..once i find the rba's i like im not sure whats left to do except change its looks but im pretty happy with where it will be looks wise...I suppose another BB in the future will keep the pockets lighter...lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha i hear ya...looks wise id call it finished...maybe some different plate screws..once i find the rba's i like im not sure whats left to do except change its looks but im pretty happy with where it will be looks wise...I suppose another BB in the future will keep the pockets lighter...lol
Yup, another one, then another one. Then looks again, and looks again.......... lol, if your like me anyway. I don't really care, I. Enjoy it :) I bet your stoked, gonna look great!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No dober here Don haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ah that’s my luck, color blind so I was looking at the back left one

Probably a RPG then, and NO ONE Sells those

Funny thing is, RPG and Dober look the same to me, probably why I always say I’d be good with either.

Black is super dark, fawkes I can see, Silver I can see, green looks light gray but darker than the silver...

But yeah back left one... do it... sweet you the man... ty bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the shipping figured out. I guess their system flagged my payment information for possible fraud, asked me to send them a selfie of me holding id and payment method. All good now, tracking shows my Dober will be here Monday. I'm not sure why no one reached out to me before I enquired about delay, but whatever.

I now need your help with accessories.

I've ordered a Desce pouch. Have narrowed down panel options to either something from Billetteria and/or the Ukrainian guy someone suggested on this thread. I think will keep the default fish eye ultem button for now. Want to match the drip tip to it. I also want to get a screw set (matched to the ultem?) and a condensation plug.

Most importantly, I'm kind of lost with bridges. I've never built my own with RBA and have always used premade proprietary coils, but want to go the RBA route, if not now then in the near future. The default OCC bridge is supposedly meh and I'm sick of paying for the coils, I'm certainly dextrous and technical enough to build my own.

I've been eyeing the Vapeshell, hard. Maybe also the SVT Crossbow. I like the Vapesnail, but it is hard to justify paying twice the cost of the Vapeshell. I'd get the Exocet, but it's impossible to attain. Also very afraid to buy pre-owned as the prevalence of clones is borderline silly and not that many people seem to be getting rid of their BB bridges either.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got the shipping figured out. I guess their system flagged my payment information for possible fraud, asked me to send them a selfie of me holding id and payment method. All good now, tracking shows my Dober will be here Monday. I'm not sure why no one reached out to me before I enquired about delay, but whatever.

I've ordered a Desce pouch. Have narrowed down panel options to either something from Billetteria and/or the Ukrainian guy someone suggested on this thread. I think will keep the default fish eye ultem button for now. Want to match the drip tip to it. I also want to get a screw set (matched to the ultem?) and a condensation plug.

Most importantly, I'm kind of lost with bridges. I've never built my own with RBA and have always used premade proprietary coils, but want to go the RBA route, if not now then in the near future. The default OCC bridge is supposedly meh and I'm sick of paying for the coils, I'm certainly dextrous and technical enough to build my own.

I've been eyeing the Vapeshell, hard. Maybe also the SVT Crossbow. I like the Vapesnail, but it is hard to justify paying twice the cost of the Vapeshell. I'd get the Exocet, but it's impossible to attain. Also very afraid to buy pre-owned as the prevalence of clones is borderline silly and not that many people seem to be getting rid of their BB bridges either.
Glad you got it sorted out!

First question: are you on FB? Plenty of BST groups with reputable folks that sell stuff second hand.

Second: are you going to use your Billet for MTL or DL?
Regardless, I think your answer is the Atmizoo VapeSnail. It's a boro-style tank with a VapeShell-like deck. It includes airflow inserts all the way from tight MTL to a restricted DL. Available via their website and I think there is a drop very soon, if not today IIRC.
As far as the cost, it's justified IMO by all the included airflow options (VapeShell requires you to buy them seperately) and the fact that you can access the deck out with dumping your juice. Ticks all the boxes: available new, airflow options, easy deck access, easy to build and wick.
While I don't have one myself, I do have a DotShell that operates very similarly and I LOVE it.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Our resident panel modder @troydestroy does panels can find him on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xssppx/?ref=share

Vapesnail imo over vapeshell

I’d still grab a bridge for euc coils, guys here say it’s good...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the second time in a couple weeks I went to vape my Tripod to discover it freaking dumped juice out the airflow. I've been using this tank for MONTHS with zero issues. Looks like I'll be taking it apart today and replacing some seals... joy.

Sent from the Death Star

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For the second time in a couple weeks I went to vape my Tripod to discover it freaking dumped juice out the airflow. I've been using this tank for MONTHS with zero issues. Looks like I'll be taking it apart today and replacing some seals... joy.

Sent from the Death Star
Bummer. Hate shit like that.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Just mho, and all for MTL. Haven't and won't use any for DL. You'll hear a lot of love for the Xeta, and while I do like it, I prefer the Vapeshell more. Don't bother looking for Exocet, ok at best. Haven't tried the Crossbow. I have 4 Vapeshell's and all are currently in, and being used. I love them. Only issue I have had is occasional dry hits. Minor and easily cleared by a dry pull with af covered or sliding boro glass down. I recenty went to a simple twisted build instead of single wire, and haven't had a dry hit since. Maybe the bit of ramp up helps, idk, but I'm very happy about it as it was my only gripe. Yes, for MTL the Kindbright af insterts are a must imo, as the plastic af ring is all but worthless on any of the RBA's. I will be getting a Vapesnail, but my thought is for me it will just be another Vapeshell. I could care less about accesing the deck with a full boro, and also don't care about a fill port vs sliding the glass down. In fact I think I might like it less, as I like to swap from boro to boro with the Shell.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got delivery notification for my 3f order with the red sxk 60w and vapeshell and karma rba. Also I'm pretty sure my kurbis is out for delivery today as well. What a day for mail. Woo-hoo. I hope. I've had it go south quick

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got delivery notification for my 3f order with the red sxk 60w and vapeshell and karma rba. Also I'm pretty sure my kurbis is out for delivery today as well. What a day for mail. Woo-hoo. I hope. I've had it go south quick

My sxk showes still in vancouver canada..lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My sxk showes still in vancouver canada..lol
Damn. Don't forget I paid 20 extra for dhl though too. All the other shit I ordered from them will probably take a while. The panels from shapeways has shipped also I believe Monday with my nolli tips.

So the Dober that was supposedly going to be here on Monday, is already delivered... Coronavirus is doing numbers on the USPS tracking estimates.

Glad you got it sorted out!

First question: are you on FB? Plenty of BST groups with reputable folks that sell stuff second hand.

Second: are you going to use your Billet for MTL or DL?
Regardless, I think your answer is the Atmizoo VapeSnail. It's a boro-style tank with a VapeShell-like deck. It includes airflow inserts all the way from tight MTL to a restricted DL. Available via their website and I think there is a drop very soon, if not today IIRC.
As far as the cost, it's justified IMO by all the included airflow options (VapeShell requires you to buy them seperately) and the fact that you can access the deck out with dumping your juice. Ticks all the boxes: available new, airflow options, easy deck access, easy to build and wick.
While I don't have one myself, I do have a DotShell that operates very similarly and I LOVE it.

Sent from the Death Star

Requested to join 2 FB groups, have been accepted into one so far. Regularly check to see what's posted. How do I make sure the bridge and/or whatever else is authentic? Certificate of authenticity? Or just research the seller?

I'm a DL kind of guy. Atmizoo says Vapesnails will be available in May. Haven't seen in it stock anywhere. Almost anything I come across, new, that I consider buying, is located in Europe, and I'm not.

Will probably go for either a Vapeshell or Vapesnail. The difference is I can get Vapeshell now. But I saw a review where the guy had trouble aligning the vapeshell inside his boro. While I do not believe I would have such trouble, it would drive me wild if it was crooked. I'll probably end up buying one of these two and use premade coils to hold me over until it arrives.

Speaking of premade coils, what are the best for DL on BB? Certainly not the default OCC, the Nautilus, EUC, or the Nord?

Just mho, and all for MTL. Haven't and won't use any for DL. You'll hear a lot of love for the Xeta, and while I do like it, I prefer the Vapeshell more. Don't bother looking for Exocet, ok at best. Haven't tried the Crossbow. I have 4 Vapeshell's and all are currently in, and being used. I love them. Only issue I have had is occasional dry hits. Minor and easily cleared by a dry pull with af covered or sliding boro glass down. I recenty went to a simple twisted build instead of single wire, and haven't had a dry hit since. Maybe the bit of ramp up helps, idk, but I'm very happy about it as it was my only gripe. Yes, for MTL the Kindbright af insterts are a must imo, as the plastic af ring is all but worthless on any of the RBA's. I will be getting a Vapesnail, but my thought is for me it will just be another Vapeshell. I could care less about accesing the deck with a full boro, and also don't care about a fill port vs sliding the glass down. In fact I think I might like it less, as I like to swap from boro to boro with the Shell.

So no RBA bridge for DL? What do you suggest?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the Dober that was supposedly going to be here on Monday, is already delivered... Coronavirus is doing numbers on the USPS tracking estimates.

Requested to join 2 FB groups, have been accepted into one so far. Regularly check to see what's posted. How do I make sure the bridge and/or whatever else is authentic? Certificate of authenticity? Or just research the seller?

I'm a DL kind of guy. Atmizoo says Vapesnails will be available in May. Haven't seen in it stock anywhere. Almost anything I come across, new, that I consider buying, is located in Europe, and I'm not.

Will probably go for either a Vapeshell or Vapesnail. The difference is I can get Vapeshell now. But I saw a review where the guy had trouble aligning the vapeshell inside his boro. While I do not believe I would have such trouble, it would drive me wild if it was crooked. I'll probably end up buying one of these two and use premade coils to hold me over until it arrives.

Speaking of premade coils, what are the best for DL on BB? Certainly not the default OCC, the Nautilus, EUC, or the Nord?

So no RBA bridge for DL? What do you suggest?
I believe the Vapeshell and Xeta will both do DL just fine, just meant I haven't tried them that way. Others here have, and could maybe give you better comparisons. I am compairing MTL only.

FWIW, I have 3 clones Vapeshells and 1 Authentic. Although I don't think it affects the vape any, none of my clones line up evenly. The Authentic does to a T. It does bother me some as well. Only other difference I have noticed is the screws in the Authentic are also much better.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So dude the shipping box was all fucked up and almost opened. My heart sank. But I still have to wait on dhl. Figured it came with a kanger rba. Plainly states occ coil. I'm a dumbass sometimes. So no rbas, no coils and $600 worth of sexiness sitting in boxes. Dhl is out for delivery. Best believe I'm stalking the dirt Rd.
2ecdb38595e985d9a625340cffa4e447.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So dude the shipping box was all fucked up and almost opened. My heart sank. But I still have to wait on dhl. Figured it came with a kanger rba. Plainly states occ coil. I'm a dumbass sometimes. So no rbas, no coils and $600 worth of sexiness sitting in boxes. Dhl is out for delivery. Best believe I'm stalking the dirt Rd.
Like it, dislike that you can't vape it :cry:

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wrestling with the thought of another BB

Do I want a BB or buy this

60b335e78c5d99d5a2419dd4c5ec1487.jpg

BB+Snail= that or $470($509 tyd)

Or

437c072e0f95758b9dd841f78b6829dc.jpg

If you want a nice little 9mm at a great price,check out the Taurus G2C.I picked one up yesterday,i caught it on sale at a local dealer for under $300,but i've seen a bunch online for around the same price.

Very pretty! I got my Dober today, the Kurbis was my #2 choice. Probably the best color to match the ultem button.

IMG_1383.jpg

Is it weird that I don't want to open it?

VU Sponsors