Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MrMeowgi
If that SXK is that rich fire engine red it looks on the webpage, that should be a great looking Billet Box.
Hopefully it looks as nice as the picture.I was highly disappointed with my purple one.They look like a deep purple in the pictures,but what i got is more of medium lavender haha,plus it was mismatched,the screen plate is darker than the rest of the body.I should probably list it here soon,i don't like the color of it at all.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is. I just hate ordering from China this year. Lol. That damn wait. But ended up ordering the red dna with logo. Thought that was odd. Then got the SXK vapeshell as I know how to work that one. Also picked up the SXK karma Bridge. Well see how that one goes.

Paid for DHL shipping. Lol. Hope that makes a difference in wait time. Fuck waiting if I can help it
DHL may be ok.I've placed a couple orders with 2fdeal and used whatever expedited shipping they use,it cost like $5,my first package showed up in 6 days,and the other is due here in a few days still under 2 weeks.I have packages from both Ft and 3A though that are both over a month,i just got a tracking update on the 3A one today,it finally boarded a plane 1 day shy of a month since the last update,so it sat in China for 38 days before finally starting to move,so yeah,definitely would not advise using any standard mail service from there right now.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DHL may be ok.I've placed a couple orders with 2fdeal and used whatever expedited shipping they use,it cost like $5,my first package showed up in 6 days,and the other is due here in a few days still under 2 weeks.I have packages from both Ft and 3A though that are both over a month,i just got a tracking update on the 3A one today,it finally boarded a plane 1 day shy of a month since the last update,so it sat in China for 38 days before finally starting to move,so yeah,definitely would not advise using any standard mail service from there right now.
Yea it's worth the extra money to me to get it in a decent amount of time.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully it looks as nice as the picture.I was highly disappointed with my purple one.They look like a deep purple in the pictures,but what i got is more of medium lavender haha,plus it was mismatched,the screen plate is darker than the rest of the body.I should probably list it here soon,i don't like the color of it at all.
It wouldn't last long I'm sure. Everyone wants to get different plates now adays. I think I'll leave this one stock as I'll be carrying at work

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It wouldn't last long I'm sure. Everyone wants to get different plates now adays. I think I'll leave this one stock as I'll be carrying at work
Other than a flush nut and drip tip/button, mine is totally stock. I've gotten over the whole customization thing. It's a rabbit whole that I don't need to go down.
I also just discovered that I have a bunch of gift certificates and rebate points at FT. $22.61 worth! Pretty stoked about that! I'm not looking for much ATM but I'm sure something will come up

Sent from the Death Star

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea it's worth the extra money to me to get it in a decent amount of time.
I agree.I never had a need to use DHL before because i always got my stuff in 2 weeks or less,but i really wish i would of this time around.I have another cart set up at Ft and debated real hard about using DHL this time,but the order is only $35 and the shipping would be $26,i just can't bring myslef to pay almost the same for shipping as what the order cost,so that carts going to sit a while,unless i find more stuff to add to it to make it worth it.

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is. I just hate ordering from China this year. Lol. That damn wait. But ended up ordering the red dna with logo. Thought that was odd. Then got the SXK vapeshell as I know how to work that one. Also picked up the SXK karma Bridge. Well see how that one goes.

Paid for DHL shipping. Lol. Hope that makes a difference in wait time. Fuck waiting if I can help it
Got my 3f order within a week and half paid the $2 upgraded shipping lol

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It will, worth the 20ish with whats going on. I still don't know if my china orders are on a boat or not since 3/18.
Unless its something superfantastic and I can handle a 60-90 day delivery, I think im done w/china. (famous last words?)
I been eyeing something from UK and if so it certainly will be DHL.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will, worth the 20ish with whats going on. I still don't know if my china orders are on a boat or not since 3/24.
Unless its something superfantastic and I can handle a 60-90 day delivery, I think im done w/china. (famous last words?)
I been eyeing something from UK and if so it certainly will be DHL.
This is my first China order since January.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This is my first China order since January.
What with the travel bans, air mail is no good unless its a shipper like DHL because some orders can be set as cargo on passenger flights.
So if china and not DHL, im thinking cargo boat is best.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well let's see how fast $20 shipping is. Lol.
When I asked SXK for those spare 510 nuts last year, the guy answered me from his apartment and said he'd give them to me for a buck each for 5, but he'd have to ship them DHL which was 16 dollars. 21 bucks for 5 extra SXK compatible 510 nuts. Still not bad.

BUT, the whole thing seemed a bit fishy and I suspected he might have been trying to pull some kinda fast one on me. Especially since he wanted me to put the money in his own personal PayPal account. His English wasn't too great either. I took the chance and sent him the money late at night our time over a Facebook conversation.

5 days later the parts were in my hand, DHL. :D

Short version? The one time I've used DHL it was blazing fast.

20190903_150123[1]_cr.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I asked SXK for those spare 510 nuts last year, the guy answered me from his apartment and said he'd give them to me for a buck each for 5, but he'd have to ship them DHL which was 16 dollars. 21 bucks for 5 extra SXK compatible 510 nuts. Still not bad.

BUT, the whole thing seemed a bit fishy and I suspected he might have been trying to pull some kinda fast one on me. Especially since he wanted me to put the money in his own personal PayPal account. His English wasn't too great either. I took the chance and sent him the money late at night our time over a Facebook conversation.

5 days later the parts were in my hand, DHL. :D

Short version? The one time I've used DHL it was blazing fast.

View attachment 158762
I won a contest here one time and it shipped DHL. I got it 3 days after shipping notification. Which was amazing especially being a contest win.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine 3d printed off the 3dprint stuff group on reddit for cheap

Found some on shapeways.com. Also getting a set of billet doors made. With cutouts. Had to get magnets as well being the new panels are 3d printed as well. They do buttons as well. Pick your color.
e2ff8493bcd11f34286d59c3cd503d3b.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

DHL is super fast, you will have it in a few days.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is in fact an actual Evolve dna chip?..not a clone of one?
Yes, but there are two versions. The 60W uses a genuine DNA 60, but they also make a 70W that uses their proprietary board. You can actually do more with the SXK board, but some find it to be much less reliable.
I think it's worth the extra 30-40 bucks for the DNA version myself.

Sent from the Death Star

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea 3fvape has them for 104 right now. When you start adding other bridges the price jumps up. But it comes with everything you need to run it. Kanger rba and a couple bridges. But most want aftermarket stuff

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea 3fvape has them for 104 right now. When you start adding other bridges the price jumps up. But it comes with everything you need to run it. Kanger rba and a couple bridges. But most want aftermarket stuff
Don't forget the Nautilus coil bridge! That's the one I'd use right off the bat!

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aside from wanting to try the Haku rba base is thier anything that "Must" be upgraded due to being junk or un-reliable?
Only thing I'd suggest is a hybrid drip tip. It's a drip tip and 510 nut all in one. Makes it easier to get the Boro tank out since you just twist the tip. No need for a quarter or tool.

JMK Tips makes the only ones that are known to be compatible as the 510 nut on the SXK uses different threading from the OG.

Sent from the Death Star

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Aside from wanting to try the Haku rba base as an upgrade ,is thier anything that "Must" be upgraded due to being junk or un-reliable as it otherwise comes?

On the SXK version the Positive pin and the surrounding grommet are not sealed and can allow e-liquid to leak into the circuit board compartment. If you do a search there are instructions/videos of how to seal this and prevent future problems.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aside from wanting to try the Haku rba base as an upgrade ,is thier anything that "Must" be upgraded due to being junk or un-reliable as it otherwise comes?
Honestly I was pretty impressed by the build quality of the SXK clone. I've never touched an authentic and I'm sure they're better, but don't be shocked if you're shocked at how way more than decent the SXK BB is.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If anyone has an extra condensation plug they want to sell let me know.
I've definitely got some if your not picky about color. Would have to look through them for color and AF slot, but if you want one PM me what you are looking for and I could just pop it in a standard envelope :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've definitely got some if your not picky about color. Would have to look through them for color and AF slot, but if you want one PM me what you are looking for and I could just pop it in a standard envelope :)
I ordered one from shapeways.com already but I appreciate it. They have billet box panels too for BB with cut out windows

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, cool. I have to look them up then, maybe right now :)
11 bucks or so for the plug. 30 for the panels. Pretty decent for the price. Though about getting a printer myself to maybe try it out. But 3d printing is expensive to buy one. Plus filament. And I hear they're a bitch to set up and get level. No sure.

Everytime I've asked someone with a printer they never get back to me either

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only thing I'd suggest is a hybrid drip tip. It's a drip tip and 510 nut all in one. Makes it easier to get the Boro tank out since you just twist the tip. No need for a quarter or tool.

JMK Tips makes the only ones that are known to be compatible as the 510 nut on the SXK uses different threading from the OG.

Sent from the Death Star
These ones?
1227e03acfecb53fa2e9102c7aa5a669.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
11 bucks or so for the plug. 30 for the panels. Pretty decent for the price. Though about getting a printer myself to maybe try it out. But 3d printing is expensive to buy one. Plus filament. And I hear they're a bitch to set up and get level. No sure.

Everytime I've asked someone with a printer they never get back to me either
Yeah not bad prices for sure. I'm stuck on transparent, so nothing jumped at me.

I've kinda thought about trying 3d printing myself. My therapist thinks I should get one to keep myself busy. Haven't looked into it yet, so idk anything about it. Not sure I need another hole dug to travel in :oops:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What time do they drop on Saturday morning at the big commerce store? Does anyone know? Want a kurbis. Would love an rpg or tmnt but they quit making those all together I think
RPG is definitely still made. Not sir about Kurbis as I haven't seen those in a while. I think they drop at 10:00 or 10:30 EST

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors