Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you replacing the two screws on the top right of the button side? Those are grounding screws IIRC. Keep the originals in there and change everything else. Should work perfectly.

Sent from the Death Star
That was it my man, thank you. Stripped the coating off of those two (and most of my fingers lol), and that's all it was. Thanks again!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:giggle::giggle: Yup, right there with ya. On my third and final one :headbang:
What I haven't fully figured out is that once you get the freekin thing in there, and it's been in there a little while, it's no problem after that. No bunching up at all. It's like it soaks up liquid at the molecular level or something.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What I haven't fully figured out is that once you get the freekin thing in there, and it's been in there a little while, it's no problem after that. No bunching up at all. It's like it soaks up liquid at the molecular level or something.
I think it just settles in and kinda sticks with juice maybe? Idk, but I can't wait til these get there, lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I actually got those panels from Bob. He used to use them on that same BB!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's just the one I had with me while working on them, lol. Different button though, and it would look great. Between you and him, gotta be where 80% of my stuff came from :) I had to message him and fine out where that DT came from, I love it. Three more comming.... :facepalm:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's just the one I had with me while working on them, lol. Different button though, and it would look great. Between you and him, gotta be where 80% of my stuff came from :) I had to message him and fine out where that DT came from, I love it. Three more comming.... :facepalm:
I used to love that drip tip, but haven't used it in a long time. Maybe i'll pull it out tonight because drip tips have been annoying me lately.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of you guys in need of any chameleon color BB screws? I got sent some with a sale and I definitely don't need them and won't use them.

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what do those look like ? google didn't help.
Color shifting between blue, purple, and green
5a9c97282d6f96a9b48d5b55adf708d3.jpg
54adc355d16c116bfdc71ed8de88d0c4.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did your phone take these? Damn! I can't get close ups like that.
Yeah it's a Samsung S9+
Honestly I don't have a lot of luck with pics, but it's got an easy zoom option that helps.

This new NN set just came in today. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. I'm sure it will look fine on my RPG, but I'll have to see how it compares to the set I have on it already.

Edit: It would help if I added the pic

Sent from the Death Star
f2e21c74c4db3fcc0f6c7c4d2344e2ee.jpg

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like Haku is giving the VapeSnail a challenge
b98e40a79a3c3a10d0475ba07b77c31f.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

Just from chat about the xeta alone, I’d pick the vapesnail... doubt they fixed the fit plus it’s a boro for the xeta.

And you know it will probably be available from China in a few weeks

At least the snail doesn’t have the inherent weak posts

Man I just read what I typed, my chink is all over the place without coffee yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just from chat about the xeta alone, I’d pick the vapesnail... doubt they fixed the fit plus it’s a boro for the xeta.

And you know it will probably be available from China in a few weeks

At least the snail doesn’t have the inherent weak posts

Man I just read what I typed, my chink is all over the place without coffee yet

From the sounds of things, existing Xetas will work with the tank. I'd consider getting a couple of the tank section only bc it improves the convenience factor of using it with access to the deck and eliminates fucking around with getting it in the Boro.

I don't have issues with the posts, but I'm putting MTL builds in there. No need to crank down on those screws for me.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From the sounds of things, existing Xetas will work with the tank. I'd consider getting a couple of the tank section only bc it improves the convenience factor of using it with access to the deck and eliminates fucking around with getting it in the Boro.

I don't have issues with the posts, but I'm putting MTL builds in there. No need to crank down on those screws for me.

Sent from the Death Star

I don’t even own a BB anymore and I’m sold on the VapeSnail if it ever comes to owning one again.

Plain Jane Dober

Now if someone had one to trade for my Dani-Dvarw I just might order a Snail

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t even own a BB anymore and I’m sold on the VapeSnail if it ever comes to owning one again.

Plain Jane Dober

Now if someone had one to trade for my Dani-Dvarw I just might order a Snail

If I didn't have a couple Xetas already, that's the route I'd go, too.

I also want to sell my DotAio SE and get an aluminum one. Its become my daily work carry and I think the lighter aluminum version would do me better. DotShell is outstanding.

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awfully quiet in here, guys. Everyone holding up okay?
I work for a major grocery company over here on the East Coast. Needless to say I'm working. It's a bit surreal to see folks across the spectrum... people panic-buying, people in complete denial, and reasonable folks just trying to do their normal shopping. Shelves are emptied just hours after restocking. A big pack of chicken breast is harder to get than a Billet on drop day!
Just a friendly reminder: be nice to those of us who don't have the option of isolating. We're happy to be employed still but we're probably being exposed every day. Scary thought.

Sent from the Death Star

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I work for a major grocery company over here on the East Coast. Needless to say I'm working. It's a bit surreal to see folks across the spectrum... people panic-buying, people in complete denial, and reasonable folks just trying to do their normal shopping. Shelves are emptied just hours after restocking. A big pack of chicken breast is harder to get than a Billet on drop day!
Just a friendly reminder: be nice to those of us who don't have the option of isolating. We're happy to be employed still but we're probably being exposed every day. Scary thought.

Sent from the Death Star
I hear ya man. Same boat. I work at a dairy, and this is just insane. We are basically pastuerizing every drop of raw milk we get in every day, and it is still nowhere near enough. On a normal thursday I would say we pasteurize about 75,000 gallons. We were at 135,000 when I left, and not even half the orders were met. I feel like no mattter what they shut down, I will still be required to go to work. It is a very scary feeling knowing I am there out of necessity, and feel my health is put on the back burner because of what is needed. I'm ok with it, it is needed to get by, but also sure hope people are mindful and respectful of the situation, and stay home if you are sick, stay clean, all that. I'm starting to feel like a sitting duck, just waiting for it to happen :( Sadly, I also have little faith in human beings in general, and am just waiting for the looting and rioting to start. Idk what to say or do, but stay safe brother.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If I didn't have a couple Xetas already, that's the route I'd go, too.

I also want to sell my DotAio SE and get an aluminum one. Its become my daily work carry and I think the lighter aluminum version would do me better. DotShell is outstanding.

Sent from the Death Star

I have the aluminum dotAIO version. It's very much built like a high end mod. I prefer the 0.3 ohm dotmod branded coil to the DotShell for flavor consistency and life. I'm going to try a different build before making a final decision.

BTW, the aluminum dotAIO is only 2.3 oz lighter than the Billet Box. I much prefer the Billet Box airflow volume, its side entry and the fact that it holds 5 ml of fluid as opposed to the 2 ml or less in the dotAIO. I still use my dotAIO when I'm out and about which is not much at all lately.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

same shit, different day, here. except for shopping.

just wait till this blows over, you will have it easy. all the hoarders will be using up their hoardings = not in the stores.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I hear ya man. Same boat. I work at a dairy, and this is just insane. We are basically pastuerizing every drop of raw milk we get in every day, and it is still nowhere near enough. On a normal thursday I would say we pasteurize about 75,000 gallons. We were at 135,000 when I left, and not even half the orders were met. I feel like no mattter what they shut down, I will still be required to go to work. It is a very scary feeling knowing I am there out of necessity, and feel my health is put on the back burner because of what is needed. I'm ok with it, it is needed to get by, but also sure hope people are mindful and respectful of the situation, and stay home if you are sick, stay clean, all that. I'm starting to feel like a sitting duck, just waiting for it to happen :( Sadly, I also have little faith in human beings in general, and am just waiting for the looting and rioting to start. Idk what to say or do, but stay safe brother.

i can see hoaardding a lot of things, but milk ? that shit doesn't keep, so what good is hoarding it. and it doesn't guard against viruses, so why drink more ? doesn't make sense.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i can see hoaardding a lot of things, but milk ? that shit doesn't keep, so what good is hoarding it. and it doesn't guard against viruses, so why drink more ? doesn't make sense.
Have been joking a lot about this for that reason. Doesn't keep. But just like when snow is predicted, my guess is just the sheer number of shoppers. Not people buying 10 gallons, but 10 people shopping instead of 1 and buying a gallon, so to speak.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have been joking a lot about this for that reason. Doesn't keep. But just like when snow is predicted, my guess is just the sheer number of shoppers. Not people buying 10 gallons, but 10 people shopping instead of 1 and buying a gallon, so to speak.

blizzzard, sure. they get over it in a day or so. this shit is going on for 2 weeeks now. i like milk, but how much freak'n milk can ya do whatever they are doing with it . freezing it maybe ?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
blizzzard, sure. they get over it in a day or so. this shit is going on for 2 weeeks now. i like milk, but how much freak'n milk can ya do whatever they are doing with it . freezing it maybe ?
Idk honestly. But I was just told we will be running through Sunday, with clean ups of course. That will probably be somewhere around the 1/2 million gallon mark.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UK has been Crazy shops stripped bare, milk , dried milk powder, baby formula, UHT milk, lactose free, coconut milk, goats milk, soya milk, rice pasta tinned fresh it's all gone,
You look at Italy in lock down full supermarkets,
UK only just shut pubs bars cafe restaurants, but even if you had money you can buy food looks like only way to get food is if Goverment puts in rationing like war times,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
UK has been Crazy shops stripped bare, milk , dried milk powder, baby formula, UHT milk, lactose free, coconut milk, goats milk, soya milk, rice pasta tinned fresh it's all gone,
You look at Italy in lock down full supermarkets,
UK only just shut pubs bars cafe restaurants, but even if you had money you can buy food looks like only way to get food is if Goverment puts in rationing like war times,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

the toilet paper isle.
tuesday.
20200317_111202.jpg
5 days before. that one there is what we use, luckily. we got 1 bag, should have got 2. but we already had some, and now have 6 months worth.
20200312_124359.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
He'll just tell ya to drink more so you don't need to worry about freezing it ;):D

What ever label you want us to slap on there, we run a few hundred.

i bet he will. i used to drink 2 gallons a week.

thats what i figured. i used to talk to a gas refinery guy many years ago, he said the same thing = its all the same, except for a few additives.

now, what are clean ups ?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i bet he will. i used to drink 2 gallons a week.

thats what i figured. i used to talk to a gas refinery guy many years ago, he said the same thing = its all the same, except for a few additives.

now, what are clean ups ?
I run the pasteurizer, which is also a seperator and homogenizer. Seperator (taking the cream out of the milk), gets dirty first, and no longer can take the desired butterfat of cream out, therefore making running skim/2% etc not possible. So we have to stop running and do a clean up. Basically chemicals running through the system instead of milk. This happens about every 14-18 hours of running. All kinds of state and federal laws on hours before press/vats/machines etc need to be cleaned. Gotta follow those no matter the circumstances.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone know off hand if the innards from an SXK will work/fit in an authentic?

Do you mean everything including the board?

I'm curious if one could simply replace the switch plate from an SXK and add a USB board to the DNA60 in an original. I have two original BB but I don't want to break the seal on them to measure the inside. They are both 2020 models with what is apparently a new switch.

On a more positive note here is my vape mail from yesterday...

Fawkes SS Billet Box (1).jpeg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you mean everything including the board?

I'm curious if one could simply replace the switch plate from an SXK and add a USB board to the DNA60 in an original. I have two original BB but I don't want to break the seal on them to measure the inside. They are both 2020 models with what is apparently a new switch.

On a more positive note here is my vape mail from yesterday...

View attachment 157330
No, I think he meant the inner plates. Button and control panels.

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors