Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just won these a raffle in @troydestroy's group
7c2294da3e5a6394b23f1c972a2c81bc.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
That was you!? Odds were against you for sure. Congrats!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted the clear pearl ones.

I bet I've spent over $300 in waffles and I've never won anything. Most of that was over a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah I had a slump for a while there. This is my first win in probably a few months.

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clear panels for $17.33:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/9705668-sxk-replacement-pc-panel-cover-for-bb-60w-70w-mod
Ultem panels for a $26.50:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/9705668-sxk-replacement-pc-panel-cover-for-bb-60w-70w-mod

The ultem ones need a polish to look good IMO. Too cloudy but if it's real PEI then it's a good deal. Both prices are after MAP code is applied.

Sent from the Death Star
Thanks for the heads up man. I ordered 2 sets of clear and one ultem

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clear panels for $17.33:
Ultem panels for a $26.50:

The ultem ones need a polish to look good IMO. Too cloudy but if it's real PEI then it's a good deal. Both prices are after MAP code is applied.

Sent from the Death Star
Thanks Shady !! Clear, curved, and the price is right...:)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I have a dead BB as well. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want another EUC bridge so I can keep a MF/drizzle boro in rotation.
Should I buy a KRV or pick up an SXK A tank and a sleeve?
Any SXK/sleeve fit or PITA issues?

Edit, I think I remember the sleeve was just a smidge taller than an Atlantis coil...(?)

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I wanted to try that too recently but unfortunately, I couldn't find that freakin' sleeve anywhere anymore. I even asked the Vaporesso chick about them and she was no help; said they aren't making them anymore. :(

Fyi, I don't think the sleeve will help you run a drizzle coil if that was your objective; I think they only work with regular EUC coils otherwise I would have picked one up a long time ago. I have a MF bridge but unfortunately, not the adapters that allow it to work the drizzle coils.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to try that too recently but unfortunately, I couldn't find that freakin' sleeve anywhere anymore. I even asked the Vaporesso chick about them and she was no help; said they aren't making them anymore. :(

Fyi, I don't think the sleeve will help you run a drizzle coil if that was your objective; I think they only work with regular EUC coils otherwise I would have picked one up a long time ago. I have a MF bridge but unfortunately, not the adapters that allow it to work the drizzle coils.
I want another EUC bridge so I can keep a MF/drizzle boro in rotation.
Any SXK/sleeve fit or PITA issues?

Edit, I think I remember the sleeve was just a smidge taller than an Atlantis coil...(?)
NGA is correct. The a tank plus sleeve will not run the smaller drizzle coils.

I have that combo for my 0.5's and haven't had any issues.

Bob, If I were you, I'd get the krv just so all your boros will be the same. I wish I would have done that.

If either of you need a vapresso sleeve, I can send you one.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NGA is correct. The a tank plus sleeve will not run the smaller drizzle coils.

I have that combo for my 0.5's and haven't had any issues.

Bob, If I were you, I'd get the krv just so all your boros will be the same. I wish I would have done that.

If either of you need a vapresso sleeve, I can send you one.

For further clarity, the only bridges that will work with the Drizzle coils are the MF Bridge Full Kit and the Ohman EUCapsule (out of production and isn't that great anyway as it doesn't reduce the airflow at all).

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For further clarity, the only bridges that will work with the Drizzle coils are the MF Bridge Full Kit and the Ohman EUCapsule (out of production and isn't that great anyway as it doesn't reduce the airflow at all).

Sent from the Death Star
I gave up on the MF MTL kit lol. I'm loving my 2 vape shells and have the North bridge or the nautilas if I ever get the urge to try premade coils.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave up on the MF MTL kit lol. I'm loving my 2 vape shells and have the North bridge or the nautilas if I ever get the urge to try premade coils.

I'm think about trading my Ohman for a VapeShell with MTL pins. It's by far my favorite BB vape. Never leaks, excellent flavor and I don't mind rebuilding it.

The MF Bridge annoys me bc I can't use a DryPlug, which for me has become a necessity since it does such a good job managing condensation.

I'm considering a North Bridge again bc of the addition of the AFC rings ($10 for two plastic rings is irritating though). I just got a pack each of 0.8 ohm mesh MTL and 1.4 ceramic coils to try out in my wife's Nord.

She's preggo and gave up vaping so I done stole it!

Sent from the Death Star

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all, sorry I wasn't clear. I have the MF full kit but when it it's in use for a .5 can't use it for a drizzle in another boro.

Can pick up an SXK A tank for like 8 bucks. Their are few sleeves still around, just have to dig. Thanks Mykreign, still mulling options...

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm think about trading my Ohman for a VapeShell with MTL pins. It's by far my favorite BB vape. Never leaks, excellent flavor and I don't mind rebuilding it.

The MF Bridge annoys me bc I can't use a DryPlug, which for me has become a necessity since it does such a good job managing condensation.

I'm considering a North Bridge again bc of the addition of the AFC rings ($10 for two plastic rings is irritating though). I just got a pack each of 0.8 ohm mesh MTL and 1.4 ceramic coils to try out in my wife's Nord.

Sent from the Death Star
Why no plug? Use mine with a Troy plug..

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sent from the Death Star
Congrats on the baby man! I agree vapeshell is the way to go! Although I can't use dry plugs on either of mine.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only use the MF Bridge Full Kit with the Drizzle coils. Last I knew the DryPlug doesn't fit around the white Delrin adapter that the Drizzle coil sits in.

Sent from the Death Star
Like a glove but only if you use the 1 hole adapter....closed off on other side
20190803_192953.jpg 20190803_193006.jpg

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jim, Congrats as well on the baby. Boy or girl?

I gave up on the smok coils.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on the baby man! I agree vapeshell is the way to go! Although I can't use dry plugs on either of mine.

Thanks! That makes for number three for me, two for her (my oldest is with my ex-wife).
Once our newest addition arrives in February I'm scheduling the ol' snip-snip!

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You guys and your plugs...jeez :giggle:
View attachment 143650
I tried the plug on both vapeshells. One was in an authentic boro and another in a clone. Neither one worked, although this time I just pressed down on the boro instead of putting the nut on. Didn't want to pull the vapeshell apart again.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jim, Congrats as well on the baby. Boy or girl?

I gave up on the smok coils.
Thanks! Not sure just yet. She's 12 weeks as of yesterday so we have a couple more before we find out.
She thinks it's a boy since it's so different from her pregnancy with our daughter... or maybe it's because she's 6 years older?
Not that I'd ever say that to her... probably wouldn't need to schedule that appointment if I did!

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried the plug on both vapeshells. One was in an authentic boro and another in a clone. Neither one worked, although this time I just pressed down on the boro instead of putting the nut on. Didn't want to pull the vapeshell apart again.

That's weird. I use only SXK clone boros and have never had connectivity issues in combination with a plug

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lookie what just arrived today...

JMK Sunk button in black delrin on order too.

I'm thinking I want to swap the TRVP silver button panel for my OG one so that RPG pops through the logo...

Sent from the Death Star
6cb6db1cec505def8499981a980c7030.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lookie what just arrived today...

JMK Sunk button in black delrin on order too.

I'm thinking I want to swap the TRVP silver button panel for my OG one so that RPG pops through the logo...

Sent from the Death Star
6cb6db1cec505def8499981a980c7030.jpg
Do it and then sell me those inners!! :D

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do it and then sell me those inners!! :D

Sorry dude. Not a chance on that one.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm considering trying to hunt down a Fawkes to put these on and keeping my RPG with the TRVP set and clear panels.

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm considering trying to hunt down a Fawkes to put these on and keeping my RPG with the TRVP set and clear panels.

Sent from the Death Star
That would be sweet! I want a BX9

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last week BBV dropped some "Teal" boxes. That's what they called it. Is that the same as BX9?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question for @~Don~, which should I buy? A $40 flipper with S35VN blade or a $79 Kershaw with M390 ?.....and no, I'm not buying both cause I done spent mo' money on stuff for the WE 130!

Last edited:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Sent from the Death Star
Albert has a new set of TRVP inner plates arriving in gold and silver this month. You have to buy both though, you get one gold one silver of the plates and button. Keep an eye on his website if interested.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last week BBV dropped some "Teal" boxes. That's what they called it. Is that the same as BX9?

I had a dream this morning as I was snoozing.
I was in a room, at a hospital........awaiting delivery.......of something special.....then I woke up. :(

VU Sponsors