Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As someone who's new to the BB world I have what the rest of you may think is a dumb question.....it looks like the Rev.4b has been out for a while, anyone think we'll see a new Rev. in the future?

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As someone who's new to the BB world I have what the rest of you may think is a dumb question.....it looks like the Rev.4b has been out for a while, anyone think we'll see a new Rev. in the future?

Being that this model minus the 60w dna chip has been around for nearly 4 years, probably not.

Might be why we are seeing alternative BB style boxes with different chips including the 75C pop up from modders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I even went as far as asking them if they plan on a Rev4 with a usb port! They're not planning on it !

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you find FF stuff anywhere besides Facebook? And I really wish I'd have got the gold inner plates when they were available. May just buy another BB at some point. Ugh I had 5 at one time.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you find FF stuff anywhere besides Facebook? And I really wish I'd have got the gold inner plates when they were available. May just buy another BB at some point. Ugh I had 5 at one time.
They do drops on their website but on Saturdays. It can be kind of sporadic though. Eddie uses the FB group to announce when they're coming though.

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

https://friendlyflipper.com/

I requested to join the FF facebook group weeks ago and haven't been accepted. I just keep checking that website for a stock update. You have to be on the website when it drops though or else you wont get anything.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First time playing around with a BB, man the battery is tight in there. Aside from a ribbon, any tricks you guys use to get the battery out? Banging the mod on my hand like I used to do with my mechs doesn't budge it.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First time playing around with a BB, man the battery is tight in there. Aside from a ribbon, any tricks you guys use to get the battery out? Banging the mod and my hand like I used to do with my mechs doesn't budge it.
I think you can adjust that from the other side. Let the elder BB users explain that though as I've never had to do it. I have dedicated batteries that I put a piece of scotch tape on and make a grab able tab to pull

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First time playing around with a BB, man the battery is tight in there. Aside from a ribbon, any tricks you guys use to get the battery out? Banging the mod on my hand like I used to do with my mechs doesn't budge it.
Take these 2 bolts out and you'll be able to take the negative contact out. Squeeze it gently, but firmly with some pliers. I do that to all mine.

c2c749a08de24b6a7a45056ca606b098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Take these 2 bolts out and you'll be able to take the negative contact out. Squeeze it gently, but firmly with some pliers. I do that to all mine.

c2c749a08de24b6a7a45056ca606b098.jpg

Thanks man! Gotta go find a driver to fit those bolt heads now, lol.

I appreciate the info

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man! Gotta go find a driver to fit those bolt heads now, lol.

I appreciate the info

You can press the center of it with your finger when installed to compress it some.

I let mine when I owned it to adjust over time...5As and 30Qs fit perfect...any battery with aftermarket wraps are tight

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love and hate FedEx.

Love that I can get items fast from Europe to San Diego (2 days mostly)

But it takes the same amount of time to come from just 13 miles away! ...uggh

I have 4lbs of Sweet Sweet Baby Jesus Bird Rock Yellow Honey Process Pacamara due to arrive today... and yes FedEx always delivers around 2:15pm

Which means, I'll be having a later than normal cup and be up til midnight! lol

1st world problems I know!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did a test at work today on the laser engraver. The pin it's on is .340 in diameter and I'd go to .420 on my button so it should look pretty good. Might do it tomorrow

2302061226864a43c8f3883b184e9ad8.jpg

thats pretty sweet... I'd set it to a tad deeper on the timer of the rear legs to match the mane of the lion, or was the die not set in perfectly level and plumb?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thats pretty sweet... I'd set it to a tad deeper on the timer of the rear legs to match the mane of the lion, or was the die not set in perfectly level and plumb?
I think the mane had more detail so the laser went over the same spot a few times making it wider. That was only 3 passes of the laser making it about .002 thou deep.

Hope that makes sense. I'd show the original picture but it's on my work computer. Hopefully making the whole thing larger will bring out more detail.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the mane had more detail so the laser went over the same spot a few times making it wider. That was only 3 passes of the laser making it about .002 thou deep.

Hope that makes sense. I'd show the original picture but it's on my work computer. Hopefully making the whole thing larger will bring out more detail.

This would be a lot simpler, not to mention it's a better team ;)

4647816.png

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yumm, I truly like this coffee...can’t wait for the Red Honey to come back...nab up 10lbs of the stuff

I've been rolling with some Hawaiian Kona coffee JuicyLucy sent me when she was on the island. Really hoping I can keep that going once she moves there. Grown around volcanos makes it so rich. One I love is called Volcanica. Some great stuff

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did a test at work today on the laser engraver. The pin it's on is .340 in diameter and I'd go to .420 on my button so it should look pretty good. Might do it tomorrow

2302061226864a43c8f3883b184e9ad8.jpg

Look at that. Gonna be nice.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been rolling with some Hawaiian Kona coffee JuicyLucy sent me when she was on the island. Really hoping I can keep that going once she moves there. Grown around volcanos makes it so rich. One I love is called Volcanica. Some great stuff

Kona is good, I used to have it shipped to me every other month...get 2lbs worth.

Then I went with Ka’u which was better in my opinion. Always asked them to roast it right as it goes to a city(medium) very tasty.

Now I just can’t get enough of Pacamara, especially Honey Process...just more depth than the Hawaiian varietals imo.

I do like Hawaiian coffee and will never turn a 100% kona or Ka’u away, just after walking into Bird Rock one day and talking with the barista she pointed me to the Francisco’s Reserve and I was blown away.

They are out of the FR and the coffee I linked isn’t as good but still a damn good coffee.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I mirror polished my Inkosi and one of my Paramilitary 2’s @BrewBear

Took them down to .10micron

I’ll do the other PM2 and Sebenza tomorrow, but hot dang they are sharp.

Oh yeah, bought the DLFs for my KME

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have never used this BB for dl. Feels wierd to not have a tight draw. But working well so far
ff68f4b33bd7c236c296e7e667972f1f.jpg
Looking good man! I did DL with my first round of with the SXK clones. I definitely prefer them MTL, but it's cool that you can swap out your Boro and have a completely different vape.

Sent from the Death Star

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking good man! I did DL with my first round of with the SXK clones. I definitely prefer them MTL, but it's cool that you can swap out your Boro and have a completely different vape.

Sent from the Death Star
Only thing I don't like is I can get it to make contact with the condensation plug in there. Hmmm. Oh well ill keep a good eye on it. First refill is the one I'll de3be cautious with. BB Always floods after the first fill for some reason. Lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing I don't like is I can get it to make contact with the condensation plug in there. Hmmm. Oh well ill keep a good eye on it. First refill is the one I'll de3be cautious with. BB Always floods after the first fill for some reason. Lol
It's either the tip or the clone VapeShell. My money is on the tip since the outer edge of the acrylic stops it from screwing down further like the 510 nut.
Make sure your wicking ports in the deck are completely covered. I manage to fill mine with a 2mm coil (not a lot of wick as a result) and mine never floods.

Sent from the Death Star

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks as though the FB vape group bubble is about to burst, folks.
Groups are being taken down bc of FB's new, more stringent, policies on tobacco, vape, and alcohol related content. They're able to appeal but I can't imagine all groups will survive that process.

Sent from the Death Star

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Groups are being taken down bc of FB's new, more stringent, policies on tobacco, vape, and alcohol related content. They're able to appeal but I can't imagine all groups will survive that process.

Sent from the Death Star
Groups just have to age verify members, the restrictions are to make sure nobody under 18 are buying. If the group is too lazy to verify or doesn't have the ability, then they'll close. I see the ones that close up on fb, coming back to the forums.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would guess the buy sell trade classified ad type groups are toast. Some others may survive on the down low...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would guess the buy sell trade classified ad type groups are toast. Some others may survive on the down low...
They should all just move to Reddit honestly. My only issue over there is the use of external Imgur links to post pics. Annoying.

Sent from the Death Star

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They should all just move to Reddit honestly. My only issue over there is the use of external Imgur links to post pics. Annoying.

Sent from the Death Star
Probably a good idea there. We'll see if any of the added 18+ or group type changes work when the hammer drops.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from the Death Star
I thought about that the other day when I first heard the new policies. A lot of lost money

VU Sponsors