Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Makes me a sad panda. I think Mr meowgi said the same thing. Might be cuz we're poor and have clones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I used a clone with Troy's plug, put it in the mail to you and it no longer works with a Troy's plug......
Just thinking about it gives me a headache...
Whaaaaaat......?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who is GooberFuckNuts anyway?

They waited for me to reply

Raphael Mathonet of 67 Mods

I call him Gooberbutternuts

He made a mod called the NeoFet which was shit...so it got the moniker Gooberfet

Anytime I see someone post one of his mods I reply with in said post

#gooberbutternuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my MTL inserts for the vapeshell and it's so much better!

On a side note, my vapeshell will not make connection when using Troy's plugs

Mine won't make a connection either when using his plugs. Too thick. Wonder if I can sand one side

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The plugs are clones. Lol. Pretty sure my billet is an old authentic. God I hope so. I'll be a lot less proud if it was a clone. And I know Mykreign is authentic

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SXK never made the DNA 40 version in Unipoo.

I don't think that's accurate. IIRC, the very first version they released was DNA 40/Purple ... there was a group guy here for that one that I decided against because I wanted a different color. I was tempted but purple tends to clash with my skin tone, lol.

It's pretty easy to tell though ... SXK version won't have the BB engraving on the button side. That and the seal around the 510 connection are about the only differences I'm aware of though. Oh, and the threading for the key was different on the early versions also.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine won't make a connection either when using his plugs. Too thick. Wonder if I can sand one side
Is your boro authentic? I don't think the one I'm using is. So maybe the legs on it are too long? Idk why it's happening

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is your boro authentic? I don't think the one I'm using is. So maybe the legs on it are too long? Idk why it's happening

It's black one. But I used it the entire time I've had the mod. Works fine with nautalis coils.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think that's accurate. IIRC, the very first version they released was DNA 40/Purple ... there was a group guy here for that one that I decided against because I wanted a different color. I was tempted but purple tends to clash with my skin tone, lol.

It's pretty easy to tell though ... SXK version won't have the BB engraving on the button side. That and the seal around the 510 connection are about the only differences I'm aware of though. Oh, and the threading for the key was different on the early versions also.
Whoops, you're absolutely correct on that. It is authentic though

Sent from the Death Star

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whoops, you're absolutely correct on that. It is authentic though

I don't doubt that one bit, it being legit. You've got excellent cred. :)

I may have been wrong about the BB engraving on the 40's though. They ( BBV ) may not have started that until the 60's came out now that I think about it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 40 and 60’s have exactly the same tooling pass marks...only difference was small large screen, the BBV laser etching and the BB engraving on the screen plate for the 40’s

There are probably some other differences, but absolutely the tooling paths on the mod are exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys like running in your Bantam Box's? Mines been sitting in the box, kinda ordered while drunk one night but when it got here I didn't know what to put in it lol.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you guys like running in your Bantam Box's? Mines been sitting in the box kinda ordered while drunk one night but when it got here I didn't know what to put it in lol.
I use my VapeShell in mine and it's perfect. A lot of folks really seem to like the new 0.7 ohm mesh Nautilus coils too.
I recommend the Vaporesso EUC coils but you'll have to grab Signature Tips EUC Bridge which you can order from them in the UK or a MF Bridge (these are hard to come by).
There's also the North Bridge that uses Smok Nord coils but I wasn't a fan. I only got a week out of a coil.

Sent from the Death Star

I use my VapeShell in mine and it's perfect. A lot of folks really seem to like the new 0.7 ohm mesh Nautilus coils too.
I recommend the Vaporesso EUC coils but you'll have to grab Signature Tips EUC Bridge which you can order from them in the UK or a MF Bridge (these are hard to come by).
There's also the North Bridge that uses Smok Nord coils but I wasn't a fan. I only got a week out of a coil.

Sent from the Death Star
I have an MF Bridge and also the EUC sleeve so I can run those in the A-Tank or the regular Boro with the MF. What kind of battery life are you getting with the EUC 0.5's with an 18350? I keep my Vapeshell in my regular Billet maybe I'll have to get another for the Bantam.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an MF Bridge and also the EUC sleeve so I can run those in the A-Tank or the regular Boro with the MF. What kind of battery life are you getting with the EUC 0.5's with an 18350? I keep my Vapeshell in my regular Billet maybe I'll have to get another for the Bantam.
All I've used in my Bantam is the 1.3 Drizzle coils with the MF. I wouldn't recommend anything under 0.7 bc battery life is going to suffer. My VapeShell is built around 1.3 as well.
Bc of the 18350 it really can't be used for much outside of MTL.

Sent from the Death Star

All I've used in my Bantam is the 1.3 Drizzle coils with the MF. I wouldn't recommend anything under 0.7 bc battery life is going to suffer. My VapeShell is built around 1.3 as well.
Bc of the 18350 it really can't be used for much outside of MTL.

Sent from the Death Star
I completely forgot about the Drizzle coils as I've never used them and assumed you were talking about the 0.5 EUC's sorry. I picked it up with the intention of being MTL salts use. I run my Vapeshell at 0.8-1.0+ as well. Does the MF Bridge work with the Drizzles?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I completely forgot about the Drizzle coils as I've never used them and assumed you were talking about the 0.5 EUC's sorry. I picked it up with the intention of being MTL salts use. I run my Vapeshell at 0.8-1.0+ as well. Does the MF Bridge work with the Drizzles?
You'll need the Full Kit for the MF to work with the Drizzle coils. Sounds like your VapeShell will fit the bill if you want

Sent from the Death Star

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a post in this thread that explains the different Bridges and coils that can be used?

I tried the Kanger rba and it's a little dry and not very flavorful - probably mostly due to this being my first build in it.

I also tried the exocet - it's at .8 or so and not very flavorful either. Again, I'll try another build and see if I can change that.

I'm going to try the coil bridges today, I remember liking the Kanger one.

I've heard alot of talk about the euc coils and am definitely thinking about trying them. Is there someore new options for coils? I've tried the aspire Nautilus .7's I believe and think I also liked those.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there a post in this thread that explains the different Bridges and coils that can be used?

I tried the Kanger rba and it's a little dry and not very flavorful - probably mostly due to this being my first build in it.

I also tried the exocet - it's at .8 or so and not very flavorful either. Again, I'll try another build and see if I can change that.

I've heard alot of talk about the euc coils and am definitely thinking about trying them. Is there someore new options for coils? I've tried the aspire Nautilus .7's I believe and think I also liked those.

I don't remember a single post encompassing all the bridges, but I could be wrong. The EUC coils work best in the MF bridges (in my limited experience) so if you want one of these bridges, pre-order it now and get the full kit. I'm sure others will chime in soon enough.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Another bridge option for the EUC
https://www.krvapour.co.uk/product/vaporesso-euc-coil-bridge-2-part

A few place sell them in the states if you can catch them in stock.
These take the standard EUC not the smaller drizzle coils for mtl.
The MF bridge full kit has the pieces for both.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another bridge option for the EUC
https://www.krvapour.co.uk/product/vaporesso-euc-coil-bridge-2-part

A few place sell them in the states if you can catch them in stock.
These take the standard EUC not the smaller drizzle coils for mtl.
The MF bridge full kit has the pieces for both.
Damn I wish they'd make a quality adapter for that bridge to use the Drizzle coils!

Friendly Flipper added a white Delrin adapter (how original...) for their Dolphin bridge to take the airflow down to MTL on the 0.5 EUCs. Must be a loose MTL bc those coils need a good 25 watts to perform well from what I hear.

Sent from the Death Star

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I Copied This List From Matthew Freedman In The
Billet Box Bay Group

Everything you need to know.
Kanger OCC adaptor- No explanation needed

Comfort bridge - adapter for nautilus heads

Sport Bridge - Kanger Subtank heads

Racing bridge - Kanger Subtank RBA head

Exocet - Great atty, warm vape with great flavor (little tweaks make this atty perform better)

Vapeshell - easy to build , many options for all vape styles and the price is a gift. Things you need to know- break in time can consist of 30 min to an hour AND don’t stuff the leads down the hole. Flavor is insane and so is warmth.

Insider (Normal/Mtl) - Fantastic Flavor and smooth airflow. Things you need to know- placement of the coil and wicking can make or break this atty. YouTube for tips. When built correctly this atty plumes and flavors with the best.

Mtl version Only - Same same but different , a true cheek vape. Even as an Mtl fan. Golf ball through a garden house is accurate. But it’s true MTL

Doggy -
Airy RBA with a nice sized build deck. A restricted plug under the Boro makes it sing. Super easy to build on. Can build hot or cool. I find a higher ohm build with low watts makes it an ideal atty. A small pain to dryburn without the 510 connector they sell separately. 2.5mm coils work great but a 3mm would be better if you open up the wick holes a little bit. Awesome machining and build quality.

Odis Flow - great warmth and Flavor , good quality and some nice versatility.

Mistery (mesh)- classic centerpost mesh design. Very restricted airflow but a adjustable via 3 different topcaps. More a mtl design. Fantastic flavour. Great build quality.

Inax Carto (mesh) - centerpost mesh design. No threaded pin but works via different springs. Great flavour, design is a little classic but works flawlessly still.

Transformer - A collaboration between Sturm and VWM. The deck is from the Nextiny/Nextasis atomiser and comes in standard or open style. Very easy to build and great crisp flavours as you would expect from mesh. Also has an integrated DT.
Can do MTL or Restricted Open due to adjustable integrated AFC. Price varies according to options

Bastard - A Sturm atomiser utilising notch coils. Comes as standard with a smaller and larger airflow that can go from fairly restricted to full on direct lung. Easy to build and good flavour/price point. Only available as used due to no more production. You can also build your own coils should you want to.

Mod Factory Bridge - x2 options of restricted open and MTL also depends on coils purchased. Both bridges can be bought as combined package and they utilise the EUC coils. The coils are very good for both flavour and longevity although do have a slight break in period. Price point is reasonable for both the bridges and coils.

Ohman Uno, restricted lung rebuildable carto style atty. Great flavour but doesn’t have 510 threading.

Ohman Hot Tank. Essentially inspired the A-Tank but made by Bret and before the A-tank.

Ohman Kangeroo, Bridge for the OCC but bests the other OCC adapters as it’s titanium.

Grizzly by bear lair mods. Centre post genny, as yet unreleased. (Will update when available)

Hound by Animodz. No longer in production but a great atomizer. Slim carto size can be used with a Battler. Ceramic cup for great flavour..

SVT Crossbow -
The atom can accommodate multiple Builds. SVT Crossbow has been designed to accommodate two distinct positions, one for Microcoil and the other for spaced loops and complex coils. The tips that you can use will vary from the tip from Ø1.5mm up to Ø2.5mm.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only difference between my suggestion to him and the way he is doing it, is how you land on the list and the limit.

I said you had 3 days to check out once an email was sent to you, otherwise you got put to the end of the list. And I called it the Guaranteed List.

Still feel cool that he went with my suggestion of a master list ;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally did it guys. I cut the entire shape instead of just the outline. Looks a lot better to me.

Only went .0005in deep

087f89af9f40b79a22eabe10155f03f6.jpg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What do you guys like running in your Bantam Box's? Mines been sitting in the box, kinda ordered while drunk one night but when it got here I didn't know what to put in it lol.
I use the Dee bridge in one which takes the .5 Bullit coil - Im have Arlo's 1mm plug in it. I vape it at 13.9 watts and the draw is tight and the flavour excellent.
In the other I have the Nautilink with the Aspire .7 ohm coil - it is a looser draw and I need around 18 watts for it. The supplied AFC is just not tight enough.
I tried the Vapeshell and it was okay - I wouldm use my Insider MTL but it is in my Billet. Insider is the tits (sry - had to make fun ofm the Tripper).

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks dude! It's been a hit on facehole too. Didn't expect it to get that much attention. How come we haven't seen yours yet?

I've posted it in the hand check thread. Waiting on my black boro and clear doors to arrive at the moment.

VU Sponsors