Become a Patron!

Bass Ackwards

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have been afraid to post this, because I did it wrong. should have found recipes to try, then ordered the stuff. but no, I just picked out flavors that looked good, with no real rhyme or reason. but its done and I am hoping for some advice.

I have all LB stuff :
plenty of VG
100mg PG nic

strawberry
bakers touch
rainbow sherbet
crème brulee
crème.

I know, not much at all to work with. and I will be getting a lot more when I figure out what.
but I am hoping to just get something I can use. and just as important = experience.

thanx

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Great opportunity to begin making testers - make 5 or 10 mls of standalone in your preferred ratio of pg/vg

This helps you begin the process of getting to know what the individual flavor actually tastes like, and a better idea of how it would take with other flavors

I've never used LB, so no help at all with percentage, but I'll bet google will tell you just fine

Also, ELR has a nifty function where you type in what flavors you have and it will show what recipes you can make with what you have, even though your selection is small

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great opportunity to begin making testers - make 5 or 10 mls of standalone in your preferred ratio of pg/vg

This helps you begin the process of getting to know what the individual flavor actually tastes like, and a better idea of how it would take with other flavors

I've never used LB, so no help at all with percentage, but I'll bet google will tell you just fine

Also, ELR has a nifty function where you type in what flavors you have and it will show what recipes you can make with what you have, even though your selection is small
I love elr for that

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I did just that. strawberry, tastes like raw strawberry. I like strawberries, but they MUST have sweetener on em.
I then put some bakers touch in there, didn't do much. what is bakers touch supposed to taste like anyway ?

LB has "suggested starting %" on the bottles.

I tried ELR. It didn't have many LB flavors. maybe I was doing it wrong, idk.

oh, btw. I have Capella caramel on the way. and I have a bottle of walmart liquid Stevia that idk if I can even use.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I did just that. strawberry, tastes like raw strawberry. I like strawberries, but they MUST have sweetener on em.
I then put some bakers touch in there, didn't do much. what is bakers touch supposed to taste like anyway ?

LB has "suggested starting %" on the bottles.

I tried ELR. It didn't have many LB flavors. maybe I was doing it wrong, idk.

oh, btw. I have Capella caramel on the way. and I have a bottle of walmart liquid Stevia that idk if I can even use.

Sweetening it up some can help bring out flavor sometimes, especially if you are used to commercial juice, which is almost universally super sweet

LB flavorings are supposed to be pretty darn good, but they are so expensive I've been too cheap to try them, lol

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. I FINALLY got my scale AWS LB-501. this thing is so sensitive , that if I look at it, it changes, and I am about not kidding.
and I used ELR to make my first official mix, Rainbow Sherbet(whatever the hell this is supposed to taste like, idk. but it smells ok).
10 ml 6mg. so I will let that sit for a few days, shaking often, and give it a try. I expect I will not much like it = not sweet enough.

one q about ELR. it asks for steep time. what do I put there ?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
ok. I FINALLY got my scale AWS LB-501. this thing is so sensitive , that if I look at it, it changes, and I am about not kidding.
and I used ELR to make my first official mix, Rainbow Sherbet(whatever the hell this is supposed to taste like, idk. but it smells ok).
10 ml 6mg. so I will let that sit for a few days, shaking often, and give it a try. I expect I will not much like it = not sweet enough.

You don't have to put anything - test daily to see if the flavor improves, on the day it's perfect (if and when) that will be the days of steep time

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always say new DIY'ers should start slow and make stand alone flavors. Once perfected, you do a tank mix to see what works together. The only right way is what works for you~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
6cbfc30c-bf39-4be0-b26f-b21643899382.png

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. new questions

I am picking flavors at BCF. I am looking to try a few of their community recipe packs. pretty easy for a FNG to build flavors.

1, any recommendations ?
2, after I pick a flavor, then go to a different recipe. if it uses a same flavor, will it tell me that ?
3. I have a caramel frappe juice that I like, and a strawberry pound cake. if you know of a good recipe = PLEASE !!!

THANX

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you are having issues finding sweetness to suit your tastes. You can get a bottle of CAP Super Sweet. It will fix you right up on the sweetness scale. A little bit goes a long way.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
think a 30ml will last a while ? I don't vape all that much juice.

Long, long ways. Super sweet is a few drops per 10ml kind of deal. Best part is it doesn't dramatically alter the taste of the juice. Just makes it sweeter.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok. new questions

I am picking flavors at BCF. I am looking to try a few of their community recipe packs. pretty easy for a FNG to build flavors.

1, any recommendations ?
2, after I pick a flavor, then go to a different recipe. if it uses a same flavor, will it tell me that ?
3. I have a caramel frappe juice that I like, and a strawberry pound cake. if you know of a good recipe = PLEASE !!!

THANX
I like "out there" recipes. Grack Juice is one of my all-time favorites. It used to be on there but I'm not sure if it is anymore. I got sick of strawberry cream or fruit loop stuff. My favorites are the recipes that dont try mimick real life things. They are just blends of flavors that come alive. Oh and I l fell in love with Fiestas and Fiascos. I know there's a recipe pack for it there. It tastes mainly like grapefruit and hops. I don't like or eat/drink either in my everyday life. Both of those recipes, when I first tried them, I was like "This is very different". The more I vaped them, the more I liked them.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ev'nin everyone.

so, I tried the LB rainbow sherbet. I can taste the flavor "just a little". along with the PG, yes, my PG has a flavor.
so, more steep. and I MUST get some sweetener, its in my cart.

also, today, I got my Capella caramel = OH BOY ! :bliss: gonna mix a lil tonight. I think this will go fantastic in coffee and tobacco.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
RY4 is just a Tobacco blend usually Caramel and Vanilla. When I first got into DIY, I had all those asshole self proclaimed Gurus on ecf making such a big deal about it. When I found out what an RY4 was it just made me have no respect for them at all because they talked like it was some insider information.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. I just put in an order from BCF. $56 worth. hopefully get it before CHRISTMAS.

10ml Butter Pecan-FW
Cafe Coffee-FW
Canilla Hoot by Jazzy Girl (Butter Cream-Cap: 13ml + $2.25, Fuji Apple - FA: 10ml + $2.02, White Cake-FW: 10ml + $1.34, Cherry-FA: 30ml + $4.99, Shisha Vanilla-INW: 10ml + $3.14)
Coffee Milk Froth-VT
(size: 30ml)
Pound Cake-FLV
RY4 Double-TFA
Sugary Almond-Apple Tart by Head In Clouds

(Apple Pie-FA: 10ml + $2.03, Marzipan-FA: 10ml + $2.03)
Super Sweet-Cap .

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
btw. my wife is calling me "The Mad Scientist" = all the bottles and gear I have now.

she doesn't have a clue what is to come :giggle::tantrum::giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Sweetie says WTH~! It looks like the Vape Shop with all the e-Liquids she never actually saw my DIY supplies.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
my wife wouldn't even go INTO the vape shop. and she was right outside the door. she was/is HATING me doing this, her dumb ass friends bad mouth it, they are ignorant . now, she KNOWS she lost the battle and just deals with.

BUT, if she was still smoking, (quit CT about a year ago) she would be on this like flies on shit.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Sweetie is the one who actually got me started on vaping by getting us the Ecigs Brand Cig-A-Likes and she quit years before me. At first I was refilling the cartridges and getting more uses out of them. Now she uses a tube style MOD and I make her unflavored while I have all these MODs and tons of flavors. Even though she heard some of the BS about vaping I had the documentation to prove what she heard as lies and scare tactics.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My Sweetie is the one who actually got me started on vaping by getting us the Ecigs Brand Cig-A-Likes and she quit years before me. At first I was refilling the cartridges and getting more uses out of them. Now she uses a tube style MOD and I make her unflavored while I have all these MODs and tons of flavors. Even though she heard some of the BS about vaping I had the documentation to prove what she heard as lies and scare tactics.

why does she do unflavored ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
why does she do unflavored ?

She was vaping what I started using which was Buck Naked Tobaccos and I made her some of my Tobacco flavors, but she wasn't thrilled. So many people vape unflavored so I told her about it and she tried it asked for more TH so I upped the PG and Nicotine. Last time I made her a liter of it so she doesn't have to bother me for more for a while.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you are looking to sweeten up your mix and want that sugary lip feel, I personally have found that CAP Super Sweet is the best route to go. 2 drops per 10ml gives me that sugary mouth feel without ruining the mix.

As far as being backward, I did the same thing as you and am finding that I am in love. I ordered a few flavors and some pg/vg/nic and then I went all out. I've been doing DIY for about a month and have about 25-30 flavors in my arsenal and some more on the way. Buy yourself a nice notebook and carry it around with you. Take detailed notes on your creations. Come up with recipes in your head and write them down and then make 10ml testers. I have already created about 5 recipes that I am in absolute love with. I think of it a lot like cooking, which I learned by watching the food network with my GF all the time. Know your ingredients through and through, but more than anything be fearless. I know personally for me, if I am afraid to push the boundaries of my skill and knowledge and just play it safe, I will never truly accomplish or create anything great, and end up losing interest. I haven't been afraid to fail with a recipe so far, and I've created a few that are so, so and one that was garbage. The thing about the note taking is super important because I have an idea of why I failed and why I succeeded. Once I start learning beyond what I know about the individual ingredients themselves and how they react to being mixed with other flavors and how they develop, I know I will only have more success.

The two things that helped me out the most are this forum, and e-liquid-recipes.com. I studied other people's highly rated recipes and looked at their thinking and why they mixed at the percentages they did. What did they use to enhance? What was their base? What was their goal and how did their reasoning take them toward achieving it?

https://vaping360.com/best-e-liquids/e-liquid-recipes-concentrates/

I used the link I just posted as a guide on what to order in the beginning and stuck to stuff I thought I'd like, I didn't order all of it, but the explanations in there are a great tool. I learned a lot about each flavor and brand from that. Mostly just research, research, research, and have some fun.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ELR has a nifty function where you type in what flavors you have and it will show what recipes you can make with what you have, even though your selection is small

ok, got a problem. I typed in all of my flavors, most were auto found, some not. but, I click "what can I make", and it pulls up 2 recipes, 2.

whats up with that ?

btw. I got my BCF order in a very timely manner.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You entered all those BCF flavors and got only two matches? That doesn't seem right.

Would recommend that you think about "basics" next time you order - things like Cap Vanilla Custard V1, Cap Sugar Cookie, Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl, Cap Cake Batter, Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl, TFA Dairy Milk, TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust, TFA Bavarian Cream, Loranne Cream Cheese Icing, maybe some FA Chocolate or Cocoa, FA Marshmallow, FA Vienna Cream, FW Yellow Cake, Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream.

You'll find that a lot of recipes will be based on various mixes of vanillas or custards, with spices, fruits, bakery/cereal, or beverage thrown in. If you get a good set of foundation flavors, then pick some of those add-ons based on your own preferences, you'll have better luck finding recipes, or even making up your own.

Also if I'm not mistaken, there's a Community Recipe Pack for @wllmc 's Game Over Custard at BCF. If you like custard, you probably wanna try that.

Oh, and if you don't like vanillas and custards, never mind my whole post. :)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You entered all those BCF flavors and got only two matches? That doesn't seem right.

Would recommend that you think about "basics" next time you order - things like Cap Vanilla Custard V1, Cap Sugar Cookie, Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl, Cap Cake Batter, Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl, TFA Dairy Milk, TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust, TFA Bavarian Cream, Loranne Cream Cheese Icing, maybe some FA Chocolate or Cocoa, FA Marshmallow, FA Vienna Cream, FW Yellow Cake, Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream.

You'll find that a lot of recipes will be based on various mixes of vanillas or custards, with spices, fruits, bakery/cereal, or beverage thrown in. If you get a good set of foundation flavors, then pick some of those add-ons based on your own preferences, you'll have better luck finding recipes, or even making up your own.

Also if I'm not mistaken, there's a Community Recipe Pack for @wllmc 's Game Over Custard at BCF. If you like custard, you probably wanna try that.

its not right, I am doing something wrong. I was looking for a strawberry pound cake. I have strawberry and pound cake.
I will have to manually search for it.

I "thought' I was getting some "basics". guess I thought wrong.

Custards, never tried it, so idk.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you are looking to sweeten up your mix and want that sugary lip feel, I personally have found that CAP Super Sweet is the best route to go. 2 drops per 10ml gives me that sugary mouth feel without ruining the mix.

As far as being backward, I did the same thing as you and am finding that I am in love. I ordered a few flavors and some pg/vg/nic and then I went all out. I've been doing DIY for about a month and have about 25-30 flavors in my arsenal and some more on the way. Buy yourself a nice notebook and carry it around with you. Take detailed notes on your creations. Come up with recipes in your head and write them down and then make 10ml testers. I have already created about 5 recipes that I am in absolute love with. I think of it a lot like cooking, which I learned by watching the food network with my GF all the time. Know your ingredients through and through, but more than anything be fearless. I know personally for me, if I am afraid to push the boundaries of my skill and knowledge and just play it safe, I will never truly accomplish or create anything great, and end up losing interest. I haven't been afraid to fail with a recipe so far, and I've created a few that are so, so and one that was garbage. The thing about the note taking is super important because I have an idea of why I failed and why I succeeded. Once I start learning beyond what I know about the individual ingredients themselves and how they react to being mixed with other flavors and how they develop, I know I will only have more success.

The two things that helped me out the most are this forum, and e-liquid-recipes.com. I studied other people's highly rated recipes and looked at their thinking and why they mixed at the percentages they did. What did they use to enhance? What was their base? What was their goal and how did their reasoning take them toward achieving it?

https://vaping360.com/best-e-liquids/e-liquid-recipes-concentrates/

I used the link I just posted as a guide on what to order in the beginning and stuck to stuff I thought I'd like, I didn't order all of it, but the explanations in there are a great tool. I learned a lot about each flavor and brand from that. Mostly just research, research, research, and have some fun.
I don't think I've seen you around. But this is a great post! Keep up the good work.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Lol! All of this. You will open up many doors with the basics above.

I would also add FA Cookie, INW Biscuit, FW Blueberry, FW salted caramel, LB white Chocolate peppermint, Caps butter cream, FA juicy strawberry.....I could enable you forever, so I’ll behave myself for now. ;)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok, got a problem. I typed in all of my flavors, most were auto found, some not. but, I click "what can I make", and it pulls up 2 recipes, 2.

whats up with that ?

btw. I got my BCF order in a very timely manner.
BCF rules.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I made a few batches.

café caffee FW. I shook it up VERY well and tried it. I'm about 4ml into trying it, yeah, I like it.
RY4 double.
strawberry pound cake, my own "lets try something" mix.
and a BCF community pack = Hics sweet almond apple tart.
I will try these 3 tomorrow and so on.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I made a few batches.

café caffee FW. I shook it up VERY well and tried it. I'm about 4ml into trying it, yeah, I like it.
RY4 double.
strawberry pound cake, my own "lets try something" mix.
and a BCF community pack = Hics sweet almond apple tart.
I will try these 3 tomorrow and so on.
Nice. HICs sweet almond tart is yummy. And easy! It’s one I mix if I need a change of pace.....and it’s a quick shake n vape!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just wait until you mix up something that you absolutely adore. It's a great feeling, especially when it's a flavor that starts off being sorta meh, then blooms into something wonderful after a few days. I think that must be what tips us all over into the rabbit hole. Nothing else quite like it. :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just wait until you mix up something that you absolutely adore. It's a great feeling, especially when it's a flavor that starts off being sorta meh, then blooms into something wonderful after a few days. I think that must be what tips us all over into the rabbit hole. Nothing else quite like it. :)
This is true. Your first great mix? Amazing.

VU Sponsors