Become a Patron!

Bass Ackwards

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. I have 10ml 4mg game over made. 1 issue, idk, the brown sugar = I was sent brown sugar extra. so idk if that is correct or whats up.
is what it is now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You have the right stuff :)

Popular opinion says that 10ml will last you about 10 minutes once you taste it.

You've jumped into the dark side full bore! Congrats to you. :stars2:

I have fallen into the black hole of TFA (Signature) Pralines and Cream. Doesn't take much to dress it up into something super yummy. I'm sure it's pretty closely related to their brown sugar, though, which is why I'm making this comment. Brown sugar is pretty dang good to vape. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well, idk about full bore. but I am giving it a kinda good go of it.

thank you, thank you all.

the game over, what is the steep on this ? and does it ever expire ?
@wllmc suggested it as a shake and vape, but also states that it's good steeped. I think that kind of varies with everyone I've ever seen talk about it. I remember one member saying that when it reaches a golden color, is when they like it best.

There's a large thread dedicated to this one recipe, lol. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mama-js-game-over-custard-the-official-thread-by-wllmc.321945/ It has garnered quite the following.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
GOC is my favorite. When it looks like honey, its perfect. Assuming you can wait that long. Your organization is admirable by the way. What you call messy, I dream of.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok. I have 10ml 4mg game over made. 1 issue, idk, the brown sugar = I was sent brown sugar extra. so idk if that is correct or whats up.
is what it is now.
10ml??? That's barely a taste! There are folks who mix that up a liter at a time... I always have 150ml mixed up, can't image not having any readily available!:giggle:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I used it last night. its ok, not good or bad. but I am having a taste issue, or should I say lack of taste. idk if I have vape tongue, a gear issue, or ...... I have been using RY4d afternoons at work. I am thinking this may be a problem/cause. so, no more of that for a while.

I am going to leave the GOC sit for a few days. and I will make a larger bottle of it. then spend some time with it.
some things need to grow on me

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vapers tongue is easy to not realize you have it. Have some Lemon Sorbet or eating a good Dill Pickle usually solves it for me. Some say smelling coffee but I smell it every morning so never worked for me. Others also say spicy food wakes up those taste buds.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Custards take a longer time to fully bloom or whatever you want to call it and many will agree with that. I personally think there is no such thing as a shake and vape because if I can see separation of the components it isn't totally infused.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Vapers tongue is easy to not realize you have it. Have some Lemon Sorbet or eating a good Dill Pickle usually solves it for me. Some say smelling coffee but I smell it every morning so never worked for me. Others also say spicy food wakes up those taste buds.

well Steve, you know I am very new at this. and I am finding, at least for me, there are a LOT of variables. so I cannot say exactly what is going on. I have taken some hits that were fine. then 20 mins later do the same exact, and its off. but one thing I am thinking that I need = heavier flavoring. I think I will try doubling up on the GOC %'s and see what happens.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I personally think there is no such thing as a shake and vape because if I can see separation of the components it isn't totally infused.

I see the separations. and have been meaning to ask about S&V. I mean, S&V 2 mins, 10 mins, 20 mins, idk.

but one thing I have been doing. the flavors and nic and a little PG in the bottle first. then shake this around some = no separation what so ever. then I add the VG. idk if this 'actually' accomplishes anything vs all at once. but, to me, it seems to help steeping.
the GOC done this way was "visibly" steeped in less than 10 mins.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I mix it all in a bottle and shake it daily while it sits under a desk lamp. 3-4 days before I can sake it and not see the different liquids. When all I see is bubbles then if is infused. VG/PG/Nic alone can't infuse in 10 minutes. I have used higher heat just under 150°F and made stuff in 4-5 hours but it still was better a few days later. Just my opinion based on personal experience. Whatever works for you works for you~!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Some people say too much flavor gives them Vape Tongue.

yeah. but this is something that I will have to find out for myself.

kinda like pepperoni pizza. seems a whole lot of people like/love it. I think it sucks :blech: .
and you can say "well, then you don't like spicy foods".
nope, I LOVE jolopienios ! and I use a shovel to put jardinera on my beef sammy.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some say vape Flavorless to cure vapers tongue and some also say it tastes like Tobacco. I make it for my Sweetheart at 12MG and that is all she vapes.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just flushed my work afternoon tank with pg = dump tank, add a little pg. go outside and blow some clouds. I have done it this way with both pg and vg. neither tasts like tobacco. pg kinda yuck, vg, hmm, maybe a little buttery, idk.
anyway, doesn't seem to help. and I AIN'T vape'n a whole tank of it .

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
oh, idk whaat nic alone tastes like.

I vaped straight 48MG in VG once to prove to some ECF assholes I would not wind up in the ER. Sweet with wicked Throat Hit~! I tasted PG once because I thought it was water in a beaker and Holy Fuck was that NASTY! Never again and one reason I use as little as possible.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For some people, the only treatment for Vaper's Tongue is time. I happen to be one of those people, just gotta ride it out. Luckily, I haven't had it happen in a long time. If I mix up a bunch of samples, and try too many, I can start to lose taste, so I don't sample a bunch of things all in the same day.

On a side note, I've tried a number of things that are good after I've made them, taste pretty much the same a week later. Shake and vape recipes do exist. I suppose that depends on the taster.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
today at work, afternoon, I was using a bought fruit. home = got on this box and took another hit from the GOC, its picking up.
so idk if it was the fruit cleansing or the GOC steeping. but I can see why people love it.
I am going to make a larger bottle of it.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey, @jinx'd ! I am glad you tried it! 9 out of 10 dentists recommend it to! :giggle: I can say with confidence GOC is one of the most tried recipes in DIY history. Does that make it good? na not really but luckily it is the bomb :) my point is I have heard thousands of comments and reviews on GOC and what I can say is you have to let the GOC talk to you and tell you when its ready :D like Hucks said I prefer it shake and vape I like that fresh bite but it does blend out very nicely over time. Thats just a personal preference thing not eveyone likes that fresh custard bite. GOC was a labor of love and literally took years of developing my skills as a mixer and personal quest of an all-day vape so for me its good start to finish day 1 to day 100 because I made it with my taste in mind and it just happens to be something fans of custard vapes love as well. So long story short there is no right steep time.

On the topic of steeping, I'll throw my 2 cents in because I love making steepers cringe and one of my favorite debatable DIY Ejuice topics :p There is no such thing as stepping ejuice there just isn't. We can let it age or oxidize but we don't steep anything. I make my own beer also and when I make 5 gallons I start by taking 10 lbs give or take of grains and put it in a bag and steep it in hot water and pull the bag out and I am left with my wort just like tea or anything else that steeps you put solids in to soak and pull them out and you are left with the liquid.

Flavors do not get better or change just because they sit in a bottle or every flavor you have bought would have changed in the past 3 months and fresh flavor from the factory would taste nothing like it did on manufacturing day by the time you even bought it and that turn around time might be a month or so tops. Point is why would it magically change because it touches VG? and as a matter of fact, the longer juice sits untouched the more it will separate that why vapers sit around shaking their juice all day while they talk about how well steeped it is lol. My goal has always been to make something that tastes great any day of the week, either its good or not and if it's not then its back to the drawing board.

The other funny thing about "steeping" juice is all the trouble people go through to preserve their juice but the nicotine is just sitting there oxidizing away and I am pretty sure that is the taste or change that people are waiting on when their juice is steeping because that is literally the only thing that will change in taste under normal conditions of all the DIY ingredients one would use. An easy head to head test anyone could do is make some zero mg juice and some 6 mg juice and tell me if they taste identical and then taste those same 2 juices in 3 weeks and find out which one has changed in flavor. Lastly, why does juice need to steep to taste good anyway? Where did that idea even come from?

I make it by the gallon so I can enjoy all the stages of GOC from fresh to 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks haha and then repeat :)

image-2019-01-11.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thx for the reply wll. interesting to say the least. and does make sense. I am just about out of the 10ml. when gone, I will make a 30ml and have at it. I am really wanting to like this. not to "fit in", but to have another in my VERY SMALL like list.

a gallon ! holly freak'n cow bat man ! that would last me at least a year, using nothing else.

VU Sponsors