Become a Patron!

Bass Ackwards

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You entered all those BCF flavors and got only two matches? That doesn't seem right.

Would recommend that you think about "basics" next time you order - things like Cap Vanilla Custard V1, Cap Sugar Cookie, Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl, Cap Cake Batter, Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl, TFA Dairy Milk, TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust, TFA Bavarian Cream, Loranne Cream Cheese Icing, maybe some FA Chocolate or Cocoa, FA Marshmallow, FA Vienna Cream, FW Yellow Cake, Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream.

You'll find that a lot of recipes will be based on various mixes of vanillas or custards, with spices, fruits, bakery/cereal, or beverage thrown in. If you get a good set of foundation flavors, then pick some of those add-ons based on your own preferences, you'll have better luck finding recipes, or even making up your own.

Also if I'm not mistaken, there's a Community Recipe Pack for @wllmc 's Game Over Custard at BCF. If you like custard, you probably wanna try that.

Oh, and if you don't like vanillas and custards, never mind my whole post. :)

ok, I have the game over custard in my cart. will add the others later = almost beer drink'n time.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I jumped ship with the "Will got banned' group. He mentioned the TFA flavoring Mary Jane, got in trouble for it, then went and made a beautiful post to the woman that ended up banning him, lol. They removed that post. Wish I had thought to save it, though. It was awesome. And probably nothing she hadn't heard before.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Something I noticed, and maybe others can chime in here...?????

Your Pound Cake flavor is Flavorah. Correct? I have not tried it myself, but have read here on the forum that Flavorah's flavors are quite a bit stronger than other brands. A good starting point for, for example, FW Yellow Cake is about 4% when combined with fruits, nuts, cake batter, vanilla, maybe a frosting...but I would start with half that if I were just trying out a Flavorah cake.

Anyone?

As a general rule, I've found that FW flavors are sweeter, FA flavors are a little bit stronger (using, say, TFA as a baseline, and still not as strong as Flavorah I would think), and Cap flavors are less sweet (except for that Cap Super Sweet, and man, that is some sweet stuff). The whole DIY thing is a balancing act, sort of a growth of the ability to make experienced guesses that becomes more refined over time.

Would also encourage patience when steeping a new mix. It's amazing how much they can change over the course of a few days or a few weeks, depending. Seems like some custards benefit most from long steeping - that "pukey" flavor some of them have at first, which is very nearly un-vapeable, will mellow out into richness after a while. I vape a lot of cinnamon, and with the exception of TFA Cinnamon Red Hots, all other cinnamon flavors I've tried become softer and sweeter by day 6. Chocolate flavors move forward with time, especially when you combine several different types of chocolate.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Your Pound Cake flavor is Flavorah. Correct? I have not tried it myself, but have read here on the forum that Flavorah's flavors are quite a bit stronger than other brands. A good starting point for, for example, FW Yellow Cake is about 4% when combined with fruits, nuts, cake batter, vanilla, maybe a frosting...but I would start with half that if I were just trying out a Flavorah cake.

Anyone?

As a general rule, I've found that FW flavors are sweeter, FA flavors are a little bit stronger (using, say, TFA as a baseline, and still not as strong as Flavorah I would think), and Cap flavors are less sweet (except for that Cap Super Sweet, and man, that is some sweet stuff). The whole DIY thing is a balancing act, sort of a growth of the ability to make experienced guesses that becomes more refined over time.

Would also encourage patience when steeping a new mix. It's amazing how much they can change over the course of a few days or a few weeks, depending. Seems like some custards benefit most from long steeping - that "pukey" flavor some of them have at first, which is very nearly un-vapeable, will mellow out into richness after a while. I vape a lot of cinnamon, and with the exception of TFA Cinnamon Red Hots, all other cinnamon flavors I've tried become softer and sweeter by day 6. Chocolate flavors move forward with time, especially when you combine several different types of chocolate.

yeah, Flavorah, and in a glass bottle with a funky cap and tip.

I made a strawberry pound cake. I had nothing to go on, except LB strawberry says 8% on the bottle. so I did that and 8% PC and a lil SScap. worse that could happen = I dump it.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Anyone?
Try FLV Pound Cake starting below 1% and work up. It's rare when I use anything FLV above 1%.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well, my 8% is going to be interesting.

If it is LB strawberry 8% should be fine.

dbdfe2f9e9f1a7b3d16c012fccbf6076.gif

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, I just looked. I already have some variation of each flavor.

what do you think of these subs ?
1. marzipan FA. I think this is a nut flavor ?
2. caramel Cap
3. cream LB & Butter cream Cap
4. shisha vanilla INWA
5, RY$ double TFA

I think I will do it anyway. worst could happen = dump it. but what do you guys think ?

Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA)

Caramel (Caramello) (FA)

Cream, Vienna (FA)

Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)

RY4 Double (TPA)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you have a regular almond, not toasted almond? Marzipan is like almond paste, I think.

TFA and TPA are the same.
I can't help you at all with the acetyl pyrazine. I'm one of the people that tastes nothing but fritos when I use that one, no matter how low it's used, so I have to omit it. FA Caramel isn't a sweet gooey one. The only way I can think to describe it, is a darker one. Have never tried the LB Butter Cream, but you'll likely get a lot of use from the Vienna Cream. FA Vanilla Classic is one of my MOST used flavorings. I love that one. It's second in line to FA Cookie, and most everyone knows how I feel about FA Cookie. Noms.

I'm sure others will pop in on this for you.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. i just made 10ml of my version of RocketPuppy's Ry4. i used what i have. but, i doubled up on the 1-4 and 1 drop SS.
1-4 uses 0.05 each for a 10ml, lol. so i put .09. and i did 4mg.

i may be a DIY GOD for this. but i will probably be a DIY boob, lol. doesn't hurt to try. i'l let ya know the outcome.

oh. i will get the correct flavors and give er another go.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I tried it last night, still judging it.

I have a bunch of flavors in my cart.

HTH to you guys keep track of your flavors ?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A spreadsheet and ELR's flavor stash.
Yup. Makes it pretty easy. There are a few obscure ones that they don’t have, but ELR has a pretty extensive library. The only pita is entering them.....I would do it after every flavor order or else it can get overwhelming quickly.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I tried it last night, still judging it.

I have a bunch of flavors in my cart.

HTH to you guys keep track of your flavors ?
Do you like it? It looks like an interesting recipe, with all those subs......it could be great! An almondy, caramelly, tobacco? Doesn’t sound bad to me!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do you like it? It looks like an interesting recipe, with all those subs......it could be great!

An almondy, caramelly, tobacco? Doesn’t sound bad to me!

yeah, its not bad. but you know what, I think my palate has become a bit desensitized . I am vaping a retail right now, very last of a 120ml bottle. and it isn't as strong as it was when I started it. maybe this is a vaping norm, idk.

the RY4 double ? yeah, its good. but I will be tweeking it around.

1 thing I am finding. retail juice nic, at least the few I have tried, is not nearly as strong as my DIY nic. my DIY at 6mg sometimes kicks my butt. retail juice 6mg, not so much.
I am going to cut my diy nic to 3-4mg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
oh. my strawberry 8% poundcake8% concoction. I tried that, but not much, its usable, but I am going to dump the last 3ml and start fresh and closer to correct.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1 thing I am finding. retail juice nic, at least the few I have tried, is not nearly as strong as my DIY nic. my DIY at 6mg sometimes kicks my butt. retail juice 6mg, not so much.
May seem a silly question, but are you shaking your nic prior to mixing or breaking up for storage? If no, be sure to.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's the first thing I noticed as well and asked about it. I was told a theory that sounds about right. Nicotine is the most expensive component in e juice. Companies want profits so probably skimp or fugde their contents a bit. It was strange to me too at first. I was vaping 6mg and DIY (A true) 6mg was noticeably stronger than what I was used to. I dropped to 4.5, then settled on 3mg.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's the first thing I noticed as well and asked about it. I was told a theory that sounds about right. Nicotine is the most expensive component in e juice. Companies want profits so probably skimp or fugde their contents a bit. It was strange to me too at first. I was vaping 6mg and DIY (A true) 6mg was noticeably stronger than what I was used to. I dropped to 4.5, then settled on 3mg.

Actually that was the first thing that popped into my mind, too. When you look at your juice cost calculations, nicotine is by far the most expensive part.

I didn't notice it myself, though, because up until a month or so ago, I was counting drops when I did my mixing. Probably wasn't putting nearly as much anything in the juice as I thought. I say that because, once I got a scale, all of my recipes suddenly got tastier! Y'all told me, and I didn't listen, I know. :confused:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
yeah, its not bad. but you know what, I think my palate has become a bit desensitized . I am vaping a retail right now, very last of a 120ml bottle. and it isn't as strong as it was when I started it. maybe this is a vaping norm, idk.

the RY4 double ? yeah, its good. but I will be tweeking it around.

Don't know if you can tolerate cinnamon, menthol, or mint, but those flavors surely are good at resetting the palate, especially if that main note is potent. Make yer living room smell like an air freshener! :D

By the way, have you bought a scale yet? :)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
May seem a silly question, but are you shaking your nic prior to mixing or breaking up for storage? If no, be sure to.

I about shake the living crap out of it. and I shake my juice before use.

idk if I should break it up. its very shaded and 70deg all the time.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

not only was I thinking just that. but maybe even much more = people want MORE, 6 is more than 3, so they buy 6, I know I did.
but if nic has the effect on other people as I does me = more will give a headache sometimes and/or cause people to use less.
don't want people to use(buy) less, now do we. so they cut it back some.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Don't know if you can tolerate cinnamon, menthol, or mint, but those flavors surely are good at resetting the palate, especially if that main note is potent. Make yer living room smell like an air freshener! :D

By the way, have you bought a scale yet? :)

cinnamon. have yet to try it, but I have coming from BCF. Cinnamon Danish Swirl-Cap & Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble-Cap.
these sound yummy, don't they. but they may make me barf, idk.
when I first got started, I bought some sample juices, menthol and spearmint were 2 of them. the menthol blew me away, and I ran for the hills. may be ok now, idk. I used to smoke menthol cigs. Marlboro cigs, I called them "dogboro" = nasty.

if there is you, me, and 1 Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble muffin, you are going to have a real problem, and it won't be the muffin !, lol.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
oh, that juice. I just got it. its was on sale and I needed something different. I have not tried but only a few flavors/juices.
anyway, it is 3mg. I am getting almost nothing from it. going to add a lil once I find out how much.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
oh, the scale. DIY without one of these, I could not comprehend it. its worth 3x the price.

View attachment 128206
Hey, those look familiar! Oh yeah, I have the same scale and charger! I've had the AWS scale for close to 4 years and it has worked like a charm the whole time. I love the Opus charger too and it has room to charge 4 21700 batteries at the same time! The only drawback is the fan gets noisy at times...

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yeah, those are nice. 2 parts of this hobby/lifestyle that I don't have to worry about now. on to the next things.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, vape mail today. my wife calls me "the MAD scientist", I wonder why that is :question:
I'm going to be assembling me some Game Over Custard in a short while. first, I must go to other threads and stick my $.02 in.

the front row is the new VM.

IMG_3253.JPG

IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thanx man. but that's about a hot mess. I'm still finding my way. I made that shelf, cost about $3 = got the shelf boards on sale at menards for $1 each.

VU Sponsors