Become a Patron!

APIWATW Challenge- Closes 01/31/2019 (15 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nope, they closer than close though

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yep, they are staring it in the face and are on fire how close they are. Look at that last pic posted of the zoom and stare at it. :grumpy::idea::grumpy::cool:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Evidently they are using the fire to warm themselves and in no hurry to put it out. :wait:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did you melt the contact into the mods body?
Negative sir... I may screw up at times, and may vape “too low” for some at times. However; I’ve not melted nor smelted a mod.
- brought to you by gold member

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the bottle super glued in there? The bottom connection looks smashed down.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Not to be insensitive, but is this the mod that was sat on, caught fire, and caused serious 3rd degree burns?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
APIWATW #10 @f1r3b1rd Edition

Build Info-
Boxer Squonk TC Mode
Goon 1.5 RDA

24x2Ti wrapped in 40g NI80 Coils 3mm ID, dual coil .22 ohms
Cotton Bacon Prime
Sony VTC4 Batteries
and using some of what @f1r3b1rd calls "only the greatest juice on the planet"

Issues:
  1. Coils touching (So619Cal)
  2. Battery wrap torn (chrisswearingen4)
  3. Not a goon (Vape Fan)
  4. TC mode (So619Cal)
  5. Wrong batteries named (Doomsday Vaper)
  6. Filthy Contacts (Ngahaze)

Subjective:
nothing, and everything.

@NGAHaze you called it on that one and closed the challenge. That means you get the pleasure of drafting up your own special edition. Please DM @f1r3b1rd and myself and we will work with you. It was fun watching this one play out, not going to lie at all about that. Have a special edition coming up next. Need a few minutes to get it on here.

If everyone goes back and looks at that contact, it is brutal. My understanding is that is a glob of mayonnaise on that contact (I made that up). I have some that look waaaaaay worse, so I cant say nothing.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
APIWATW #11- @Vape Fan Edition

APIWATW-Vape Fan-00.jpg

APIWATW-Vape Fan-01.jpg

Build Info-
Mod- Creator 75C in bypass mode
RDA- Dpro
Coils- 2x24/32 316L 2.5id @ .11Ω
Batteries- Samsung 30Q
E-Liquid- The Sauce LA Capone
Cotton- Cotton Threads

Issues-

Subjective (Yes, Please)

Have fun folks. Lets see it.

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Build Info-
Batteries- Samsung 30Q
Cotton- Cotton Threads

Issues-
1. No Battery Insulator on Battery rewrap (Doomsday Vaper)

Subjective (Yes, Please)

in Defense of @Vape Fan, the insulator was purposely left out of a rewrap, for the purpose of this challenge.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
APIWATW #11

Looks like those claptons the outer wrap isn't clamped in

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
can't make out the mods screen info, so hopefully no notable info is there.

EDIT: Also didn't mention the Dpro RDA , or its configuration

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Subjective, best damn fruit loops juice ever invented. Imo

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

I have some of that also! lol, in the box

be89613516bef10b5012d319e060b809.jpg

Figured one of you might enjoy this selection...I find it all rather shit, but hey...ones man trash is another mans treasure

EDIT: Free of course

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
can't make out the mods screen info, so hopefully no notable info is there.

EDIT: Also didn't mention the Dpro RDA , or its configuration
I didn't get the RDA in there. Maybe jwill will edit it into those 2 posts. But yes it is DPro RDA.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
APIWATW #10 @f1r3b1rd Edition

Build Info-
Boxer Squonk TC Mode
Goon 1.5 RDA

24x2Ti wrapped in 40g NI80 Coils 3mm ID, dual coil .22 ohms
Cotton Bacon Prime
Sony VTC4 Batteries
and using some of what @f1r3b1rd calls "only the greatest juice on the planet"

Issues:
  1. Coils touching (So619Cal)
  2. Battery wrap torn (chrisswearingen4)
  3. Not a goon (Vape Fan)
  4. TC mode (So619Cal)
  5. Wrong batteries named (Doomsday Vaper)
  6. Filthy Contacts (Ngahaze)

Subjective:
nothing, and everything.

@NGAHaze you called it on that one and closed the challenge. That means you get the pleasure of drafting up your own special edition. Please DM @f1r3b1rd and myself and we will work with you. It was fun watching this one play out, not going to lie at all about that. Have a special edition coming up next. Need a few minutes to get it on here.

If everyone goes back and looks at that contact, it is brutal. My understanding is that is a glob of mayonnaise on that contact (I made that up). I have some that look waaaaaay worse, so I cant say nothing.

For the record: that mod is a daily driver and I took the pic before I started in on its weekly cleaning. Nothing melted or smashed. It’s just a really good mod that gets plenty of frequent use.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Build Info-
Batteries- Samsung 30Q
Cotton- Cotton Threads

Issues-
2.DNA Creator 75C mod doesn't offer bypass mode (Choderfett)

Subjective (Yes, Please)
1. I find the juice to be rather shit (So619Cal) (Note: Mild edit to make the snip make sense. This particular juice IMO tastes like an air freshener.

Looking good so far. Will update the post to include RDA.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
For the record: that mod is a daily driver and I took the pic before I started in on its weekly cleaning. Nothing melted or smashed. It’s just a really good mod that gets plenty of frequent use.

Im not judging. I would show you my cartel mod but its started growing eyes.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The Samsung 30Q is prolly not a safe bet for as they are rated at 15A for a .11ohm build. Of course, if anybody can run the numbers of the build to find out its exact impendance it might help.

Man that juice really makes that cotton look like piss yellow. Like nuclear bright yellow pee. That cant be right.

Also looks like some insulation is exposed on the rda.

And hard to tell but it looks like the coil isnt makin a connection as if its been clipped. Sorry but my phone pic quality is horrible I can barely make out everything.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Oh crap! I didn't realize participation meant homework on my part, I was just trying to help. :facepalm:
Yeah, if you give a completed list (1 chance every 24hr) or complete the challenge with the last issue,
then you get to be the one that gets creative :p Thanks for the help! :D

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Samsung 30Q is prolly not a safe bet for as they are rated at 15A for a .11ohm build. Of course, if anybody can run the numbers of the build to find out its exact impendance it might help.

Man that juice really makes that cotton look like piss yellow. Like nuclear bright yellow pee. That cant be right.

And hard to tell but it looks like the coil isnt makin a connection as if its been clipped. Sorry but my phone pic quality is horrible I can barely make out everything.

Determining if a battery is ok for a regulated mod is purely dependent on the wattage you're running it at, and this is a dual battery DNA75C with buck/boost capability.

For instance, 75w/2(Batteries) is pushing said batteries to 37.5w each (not including the efficiency of said chip, which in this case, I think its 85%)

Which then you take said 37.5w/minimum voltage (Which is normally 3v-3.2v, which I use the higher) so 37.5/3.2=11.78a

NOW you take said 11.78/0.85(efficiency) and that = 13.78a needed rating for each battery to be safe for 75w

Change the 75 to 100 and then you end up with

100/2=50/3.2=15.625/0.85=18.38a needed for 100w

In either case the Samsung 30Qs have a rating of 20a CDR (although I think some batches were 18a, forget) but the question I have... I don't think they are 30Qs, crimping looks different than the 3 sets I have ;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"Coils- 2x24/32 316L 2.5id @ .11Ω"

"Coils" is plural.

You have A coil with two core wires.

And the math doesn't seem right on the wraps.

2 X 24ga SS316L at 4 wraps and you are at 0.11?

Seems fishy.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Build Info-
Batteries- Samsung 30Q
Cotton- Cotton Threads

Issues-
2.DNA Creator 75C mod doesn't offer bypass mode (Choderfett)
3. Battery upside down (Choderfett)

Subjective (Yes, Please)
1. I find the juice to be rather shit (So619Cal) (Note: Mild edit to make the snip make sense. This particular juice IMO tastes like an air freshener.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Here's what Mooch thinks of 30Q's:
"15A (about 45W using 3.7V) and a temperature-limited rating of 20A (about 60W if using 3.7V) as long as the cell is never allowed to reach 75°C."
bench-retest-results-samsung-30q
"Coils- 2x24/32 316L 2.5id @ .11Ω"
"Coils" is plural.
You have A coil with two core wires.
And the math doesn't seem right on the wraps.
2 X 24ga SS316L at 4 wraps and you are at 0.11?
Seems fishy.
It's long-legged.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What about this? Assuming boost is set at 100W?
batt draw.png
Or changed voltage to 3.7...
3.7.png

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about this? Assuming boost is set at 100W?
View attachment 129250
Or changed voltage to 3.7...
View attachment 129251

That is if it was run as a single battery...and higher if you try to vape it at 100w on a single battery.

If you look at your amp drains, (21 and 23 in the blue box) half those and they are pretty much in line with what I mentioned ;) (dual battery) with the caveat its ran down to 3.2v rather than 3.7v which is more indicative to mech use.

If I do 3.7v

75/2=37.5w
37.5/3.7=10.13a
10.13a/.85=11.92a

11.92x2 = that 23.85 you came up with +-.01a

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That is if it was run as a single battery...and higher if you try to vape it at 100w on a single battery.

If you look at your amp drains, (21 and 23 in the blue box) half those and they are pretty much in line with what I mentioned ;) (dual battery) with the caveat its ran down to 3.2v rather than 3.7v which is more indicative to mech use.

If I do 3.7v

75/2=37.5w
37.5/3.7=10.13a
10.13a/.85=11.92a

11.92x2 = that 23.85 you came up with +-.01a
So what amp draw can you have with 2x15A-20 batts in a series mod? In series it will draw from each battery for 30A-40 ? Seems like that is what would need to happen to safely run .11Ω above 60w [or more - 75w/100w boost]. No?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what amp draw can you have with 2x15A-20 batts in a series mod? In series it will draw from each battery for 30A-40 ? Seems like that is what would need to happen to safely run .11Ω above 60w [or more - 75w/100w boost]. No?

Just explained it to you ;)

Its all about the watts, nothing more. You're being grayed a little thinking Ωs matter in a regulated, well it does, but not when it comes to battery safety. Either the chip allows it to fire .11Ω or it doesn't. (the whole built in protections etc.)

Ohms Law = Mech
Watts Law = Regulated ;)

I don't know enough to elaborate on how a chipset bucks/boosts wattage to an atomizer, but I would assume its similar to how a low voltage transformer works to power thermostats in your house but in reverse?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Just explained it to you ;)

Its all about the watts, nothing more. You're being grayed a little thinking Ωs matter in a regulated, well it does, but not when it comes to battery safety. Either the chip allows it to fire .11Ω or it doesn't. (the whole built in protections etc.)

Ohms Law = Mech
Watts Law = Regulated ;)

I don't know enough to elaborate on how a chipset bucks/boosts wattage to an atomizer, but I would assume its similar to how a low voltage transformer works to power thermostats in your house but in reverse?
I can't explain buck/boost either. I was thinking battery safety when building, and not solely relying on the mod to provide that safety. Seems the better option would be to have enough amps at disposal when running higher wattage, which is needed for lower resistance.
What you say seems to imply is that those 2x30Q running that coil at higher wattage(which .11 would need verses say 2.5) would be as safe in series with 30Q as it would be with like, 20S. Yes?

I knew how Mooch explained amp draw for wattage mode some time ago, like you posted above :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't explain buck/boost either. I was thinking battery safety when building, and not solely relying on the mod to provide that safety. Seems the better option would be to have enough amps at disposal when running higher wattage, which is needed for lower resistance.
What you say seems to imply is that those 2x30Q running that coil at higher wattage(which .11 would need verses say 2.5) would be as safe in series with 30Q as it would be with like, 20S. Yes?

I knew how Mooch explained amp draw for wattage mode some time ago, like you posted above :)

AS far as I know, all DNA mods are series...regardless of battery orientation.

But yes, I am confident with the mod above in its default configuration of 75w, that a pair of 30Qs is safe to run at 75w. Even with .08Ω coil(s) The math already states that it is, even without knowing the mod has built in protections.

75/2= 37.5w per battery
37.5/3.2v=11.718a per battery
11.78a per battery / .85% efficiency = 13.78a per battery

Even using the low rating of 15a that Mooch gave the 30Qs you're within said CDR.

Again if you use the 100w

100/2 = 50w per battery
50/3.2= 15.62a per battery
15.62/.85 = 18.38a per battery

and I know 30Qs are good for 20a with the caveat of not allowing them to get above 85c which is 185f, which is 27* below boiling water...one would have to be a straight retard to not know if their batteries are near that temp ;)

And this is all predicate on MAX wattage... if you bought a DNA75 to vape at 75w all the time, you might of wanted to look at a 133/166/200/250 instead which all have 97% efficiency and just about the same footprint in terms of size of said mod.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
AS far as I know, all DNA mods are series...regardless of battery orientation.

But yes, I am confident with the mod above in its default configuration of 75w, that a pair of 30Qs is safe to run at 75w. Even with .08Ω coil(s) The math already states that it is, even without knowing the mod has built in protections.

75/2= 37.5w per battery
37.5/3.2v=11.718a per battery
11.78a per battery / .85% efficiency = 13.78a per battery

Even using the low rating of 15a that Mooch gave the 30Qs you're within said CDR.

Again if you use the 100w

100/2 = 50w per battery
50/3.2= 15.62a per battery
15.62/.85 = 18.38a per battery

and I know 30Qs are good for 20a with the caveat of not allowing them to get above 85c which is 185f, which is 27* below boiling water...one would have to be a straight retard to not know if their batteries are near that temp ;)

And this is all predicate on MAX wattage... if you bought a DNA75 to vape at 75w all the time, you might of wanted to look at a 133/166/200/250 instead which all have 97% efficiency and just about the same footprint in terms of size of said mod.
BTW, thanks - maybe others that want to know will see this.

Here's my delimma- what my feeble brain is seeing:
Series 2 batt mod has the amps of 1 of the batts. So how can it be per batt? If I plug in the numbers to a ohm's calc or steamengine's battery drain, like this (.11 / 75W / 30Q/ 85% / 3.2v)...
3.2.png
...I still get way overdrawn for that series, single battery's amps.

I've seen 75°C/176F but we can go with your 85°C too because neither matter atm. Good to know on the higher efficiency DNA's.
The 75C (don't know for sure about other DNA's) is overbuilt and can do 75w/max boost all the time,[per Evolv] and could even do 150ishw with a 3rd batt,(but doesn't make sense to do that)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Series 2 batt mod has the amps of 1 of the batts. So how can it be per batt? If I plug in the numbers to a ohm's calc or steamengine's battery drain, like this (.11 / 75W / 30Q/ 85% / 3.2v)...
View attachment 129263

I've seen 75°C/176F but we can go with your 85°C too because neither matter atm. Good to know on the higher efficiency DNA's.
The 75C (don't know for sure about other DNA's) is overbuilt and can do 75w/max boost all the time,[per Evolv] and could even do 150ishw with a 3rd batt,(but doesn't make sense to do that)

Ok ;)

First thing you need to do is remove Ωs from your thought process regarding regulated mods.

Secondly, a regulated mod cares nothing about the Ω coil you are using, beyond if its within the parameters of said build chip. Ω range in VW I will say it will fire down to .08 and in TC .10, really don't know, just stating the only reason it cares for Ωs

Now, you need to stop thinking in terms of Ohm's Law in series, where you input Ωs and focus solely on Watts Law ;) Again for the reasoning, regulated mods don't care beyond the previously mentioned reasons.

So we are at Watts Laws, all a regulated mod cares about...wattage set, wattage output.

Boost: The “boost” portion of the buck-boost converter is used to make the input voltage produce an output voltage that is greater than the input voltage. This allows the max voltage to charge the system as quick as possible.

What this means, its drawing at a lower amp draw to give a greater output to the atomizer. But I am sure you got that part.

So with that, In its simplest form, and to quote Tupac, "Making a Dollar out of $0.15" ;)

REMEMBER get your head out of how Ohm's Law works and parallel/series when it comes to Double amperage across the pair, and single amperage across the pair.

I think this picture here can explain it...hopefully between Ohms and Watts law... take note to the major missing piece ;)

upload_2019-1-17_13-8-40.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 129263

Also the Calculator you are using only relative to one battery... not 2... if it was able to calculate dual battery mods, it would split said load or in simple form, half it.

Now, how exactly the Chip pulls only half the draw from batteries is within the chip and the wiring...please don't ask me to explain that, for that I probably have to ask for a Mulligan

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Also the Calculator you are using only relative to one battery... not 2... if it was able to calculate dual battery mods, it would split said load or in simple form, half it.

Now, how exactly the Chip pulls only half the draw from batteries is within the chip and the wiring...please don't ask me to explain that, for that I probably have to ask for a Mulligan
I tried explaining Coulomb’s law a while back over at the ecf.
I waiting for tomatos to fly out of my screen.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried explaining Coulomb’s law a while back over at the ecf.
I waiting for tomatos to fly out of my screen.

I haven't looked that up, but I vaguely remember it has to do with static right?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't looked that up, but I vaguely remember it has to do with static right?
Basically, yes.
Its one of those forumulas you have to use to find a variable letting you solve another equation.

Evidently it’s real nerd stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors