Become a Patron!

APIWATW Challenge- Closes 01/31/2019 (15 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
OK. Going to do some steering. Im telling you all. Vape Fan is pulling punches.

What would make wicking darker on one side more than the other? Think Gap.
How low is too low? Think floor.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well multitude of reasons...

Shit cotton for one, like that shoelace crap.

Lack of tension on the wrap when making the fused...

Wrapping the coil with one of those retarded step down coil rods and went over the 2.5 and 3mm.

Coils not being level.

coils being closer to one air flow than another.

shit juice + a combo of the others...

lol

#Shoelacesare4shoes

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I went back and checked the scorecard and this is close enough.

Build Info-
Mod- Creator 75C in bypass mode
Coils- 2x24/32 316L 2.5id @ .11Ω
Batteries- Samsung 30Q
E-Liquid- The Sauce LA Capone
Cotton- Cotton Threads

Issues-
1. No Battery Insulator on Battery rewrap (Doomsday Vaper)
2.DNA Creator 75C mod doesn't offer bypass mode (Choderfett)
3. Battery upside down (Choderfett)
4. Shit cotton for one, like that shoelace crap (So619Cal)

Subjective (Yes, Please)
1. I find the juice to be rather shit (So619Cal) (Note: Mild edit to make the snip make sense. This particular juice IMO tastes like an air freshener.

We were really looking for cotton too thin on one side, but shit cotton works. Now we need someone to look up the coil specs and take a look at escribe.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went back and checked the scorecard and this is close enough.

We were really looking for cotton too thin on one side, but shit cotton works. Now we need someone to look up the coil specs and take a look at escribe.

The cotton to thin was mentioned...

and, if this would of said it was in TC, I would of mentioned that the limit for Temp sensing is not in parameter to do so lol

Which I don't think any of us was able to tell what was on the screen blur

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't see anything that jumps out... I mentioned a page or two ago what's also been mentioned about the coils look like the wrap isn't installed into the clamping of the RDA... others mentioned the wicking (Burnt and not burnt) Pretty sure I mentioned the side swept cotton and how that can affect air flow, someone else mentioned that the coil is larger than 2.5mm...

To look closer at the pictures, its just blurry, and mentioned that when I wanted to look at the screen info...

Things I thought and just stabbing in the dark...

Not using the shoelace cotton and actually using the CB on the right, but that was mentioned also a few ago.

Me I still don't think those are 30Qs, they have differing crimping than the 3 sets I have...could really tell if I was able to see the actual positive clearly, and see the tooling mark within the seal and also the prongs.

I also thought the cap for the RDA wasnt right... Don't know enough about it, nor would it be in my wheel house ;) But it seemed the AF for a turn style cyclops was to small, normally they are the same width of the AF slots on the RDA, seems a small to large would just cause whistling...but its hard to tell when you can't focus up on the photo before it becomes pixelated, that and its black in bad lighting lol

Heck as far as I know, the coils are touching the deck.
-The coil is installed correctly.
-Coil isn't burnt
-Not about AF
-The coil is,,,, 2.5id

-This is close, I used both Threads and CBP. 1 from each end and the bottom is CBP from it's smoother texture, but loose/not enough wick was the answer and that's pretty visual.

- The cap is correct. AF on cap/deck is same size. Not my wheelhouse either, but the mod kitted is for $12.50 is.

If none of those were responded too, it's becasue they didn't apply to any of the issues. Like the batteries, that are 30Q btw, but they didn't have to be for the challenge because it wasn't one of the issues listed.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The cotton to thin was mentioned...

and, if this would of said it was in TC, I would of mentioned that the limit for Temp sensing is not in parameter to do so lol

Which I don't think any of us was able to tell what was on the screen blur
Quote where too thin pls.
Also, who said it was TC?
There's nothing on the lit screen that points to an answer, otherwise you could read it !

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I just went back and read through and do not see mention of wick being too thin. Maybe I am still missing it but do not see it, I am mostly human so its entirely possible I am overlooking it. If it should be attributed to someone else, let me know. Pretty sure someone will call it out.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
3FVape , a China vendor, is one of the places i looked before buying the mod.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't get the correlation of the coils to escribe, unless for TC

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hotspots on the coil :giggle:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Don't think it has hotspots. I pulsed it past colors. Wasn't meant to be vaped.
Oh is the clue escribe?

Mix and match coil material perhaps? not stopping in TC

Escribe is a great clue. The coil is all SS, but it could have been any other material.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Escribe is a great clue. The coil is all SS, but it could have been any other material.

Wrong TCR and Preheat setting?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I don't get the correlation still, unless you're loading profiles for TC... as for the coils being any other material, no way for us to ever know that unless told... which the given stats give the given Ωs so there is no suspect to be anything other than what they say they are.
Wrong TCR and Preheat setting?

But who said TC? lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Dancing all around it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well, escribe isnt needed, I mean 75C have it built in...but looking at escribe means the screen has relevance, which you already said it didnt.

So I dont see the correlation

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I don't get the correlation still, unless you're loading profiles for TC... as for the coils being any other material, no way for us to ever know that unless told... which the given stats give the given Ωs so there is no suspect to be anything other than what they say they are.

But who said TC? lol

You inferred it ?...I’m just pissing in the wind haha

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I was just paraphrasing what was said in a quote to me earlier, which goes hand in hand with the escribe comment from Jwill and coils, and the screen not being relevant...

So with that, washing my hands of this one. Watch the UFC fights on ESPN+ and relax lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
OK, there's a correlation with escribe, ie, the word escribe could be in the answer, or not! Look at the other end of the cord..

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
No I was just paraphrasing what was said in a quote to me earlier, which goes hand in hand with the escribe comment from Jwill and coils, and the screen not being relevant...

So with that, washing my hands of this one. Watch the UFC fights on ESPN+ and relax lol

I need to read back don’t I ...sorry thought you said it Don

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
OK, there's a correlation with escribe, ie, the word escribe could be in the answer, or not! Look at the other end of the cord..

I don’t see no cord?

that is a single coil right and not 2 made to look like one

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don’t see no cord?

that is a single coil right and not 2 made to look like one
I was being, whats the word? metaphorical? about the cord. It's what it's connected from, not to.
Yes sir, single coil. And .11 is what it came in at.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It’s shit? Nothing in the description or pictures or states any need for escribe, it even being mention is the shit part.
I thought escribe was a good clue. You don't have to, and can think it's shit if you want to. LIke I said, it can be in the answer, or not.
You making it harder on yourself thinking someone else inferred TC or loose wick? Or something that isn't?
You think the last issue is a shit thing to have in the challenge?
Your seeming negative? Or Is it me? What's up...?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought escribe was a good clue. You don't have to, and can think it's shit if you want to. LIke I said, it can be in the answer, or not.
You making it harder on yourself thinking someone else inferred TC or loose wick? Or something that isn't?
You think the last issue is a shit thing to have in the challenge?
Your seeming negative? Or Is it me? What's up...?

Firstly, I asked for the relevance of jwill saying take the coils and look at escribe.

Only a few ways to take that, firstly only reason to look at escribe is for tc function when specified the coils, which I said I would of mentioned this if it was in the description and or the screen was clear.

This was later fucked about saying the screen isn’t relevant.

So what’s the relevance of escribe then if not hooked up or if the screen isn’t relevant?

Seems like a shit thing to mention if neither it being hooked up the conventional way on a pc or via the screen...

This is what I think is shit.

So yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Firstly, I asked for the relevance of jwill saying take the coils and look at escribe.
Only a few ways to take that, firstly only reason to look at escribe is for tc function when specified the coils, which I said I would of mentioned this if it was in the description and or the screen was clear.
This was later fucked about saying the screen isn’t relevant.
So what’s the relevance of escribe then if not hooked up or if the screen isn’t relevant?
Seems like a shit thing to mention if neither it being hooked up the conventional way on a pc or via the screen...
This is what I think is shit.
So yeah.
I see.
Well, I doubt he meant you have to look at escribe to find the remaining answer, but, escribe (or the screen) will be needed to vape the build. :cloud:
So now that we all should know what the last one is, we just need someone to say it.
Do you have a challenge in mind? So we can get this one done?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing.

I feel the challenges are moving away from what a new vaper can distinguish and informational to them and towards how twisted we can make it for the 4 or so commenters left still interested.

I’ll lurk add some thoughts that hopefully get clarification moving forward. ( since I already made a guess that was counted for the day ) for the other 2-4 people to step in and give the right answer.

And if I say something is shit, it’s for I believe it is; not that the person who likes an item is shit...like those shoelaces those are shit (opinion) #sorrynotsorry...just reminds me of whipped cream cheese that cost $4.59 and weighs 4oz compared to a block of cream cheese that costs $2.59 and weighs 9oz, do you really need to pay more to spread it lighter

Anyhoo, need to look at some more sharpening stones, might pick up another diamond plate or two or three

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya, they have to be a challenge and not a cakewalk too. And having things for new vapers to know about is good, never know who's lurking.

Yep, those strings are pricey and were a fill for a code I had. Still have a year+ worth of CBP that I went right back to because I don't like it either.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
ok since escribe is the clue and you mentioned a cord .... is has to be a setting you changed within it when you “hooked up the mod up” to the PC

Been a while since I’ve gone into escribe have you manually change a safety setting to something else that it shouldn’t be?

....hmm off top off my head

low voltage cut off setting
Battery types setting
resistance setting
Power and time of that

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I fell asleep early last night for the first time in a long time and it felt good. Looks like this one is on the precipice of being closed.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
excellent I’m on the right tracks then ...I’ll let one of the community close vape fans off so they can get and entry :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Good morning. My only contribution is I personally love COTN "shoelaces", they perfectly fit my go to build and wick beautifully for me.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spec sheet for the DNA75C

View attachment 129518
View attachment 129518

typical is 0.15 but doesn’t mention what lowest resistance is ...
.:idea:

The graphs below the tables above don’t mention SS ...anyone know? how does the mod come from the shop as stock setting

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf

Mentions .02 as absolute but that is for vw. For temp setting SS has never been listed on any of their data sheets, always kanthal and nickel.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But as far as I know, the mod comes with stock profiles already installed including SS.

Adding in a specific build of SS via escribe is only needed for TC, otherwise replay is the easiest way to get the right vape you were wanting.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Spec sheet for the DNA75C

View attachment 129518
View attachment 129518

typical is 0.15 but doesn’t mention what lowest resistance is ...
.:idea:

The graphs below the tables above don’t mention SS ...anyone know? how does the mod come from the shop as stock setting

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf
The mod's stock setting is the same as Evolv's typical.
3FVape , a China vendor, is one of the places i looked before buying the mod.

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Here is a clue. We need someone to say that this build is too low to fire on a stock profile. ;)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Why isn't it?

(Not pertaining to the challenge. Just wondering how using the spec sheet I interpret that the absolute low listed (.02) is for VW and not TC , thanks https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf

I don't recall any stock profiles being loaded to the mod when new. It was a blank canvas and set to Evolv's typical resistance of .15 , as the minimum resistance for TC and VW

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Why isn't it?

(Not pertaining to the challenge. Just wondering how using the spec sheet I interpret that the absolute low listed (.02) is for VW and not TC , thanks https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf

I don't recall any stock profiles being loaded to the mod when new. It was a blank canvas and set to Evolv's typical resistance of .15 , as the minimum resistance for TC and VW
It will fire though.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The next person to say "Happy Sunday, I love you" gets the slot on the last draw. Lets see it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
We will settle for "Happy Sunday" and I can find my validation elsewhere. Lets put this awesome challenge to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors