Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mooning - Grease the Musical

Was that song in "Grease" the movie? Or did they add it to the play? Anyway, never heard it.

Would it strain credibility if I said I watched that linked vid three times because of the pudgy guy singing in the duet? He looks like the last guy I chased who didn't love me back, fat, pug nose, baby face, dorky sneakers, thin polyester shirt, but he lived in a way I admired. He rode his bike everywhere, his only transportation other than occasionally the bus. When we walked he'd stop to point out things in the night sky. He lived in a rented garage apartment, 150 square feet with a hot plate and mini-fridge. We didn't even have much the same taste in music, but I loved him. LOVED him, fell hard for him, dreamed of kissing him, but couldn't get his attention.

Sigh. He still lives around here somewhere, finally got a real apartment, and somebody gave him a car. He can fix a car himself.

Okay enough of that. If I caught him I'd have to throw him back anyway because I don't do marriage. Unless I can ever convince someone you can have marriage with separate residences.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ugh it was so cloudy here so we could not see the eclipse happen, but I stood outside with my neighbors as the whole neighborhood went dark enough to turn on the streetlights at 3:20pm. We could see and hear fireworks, smell the cookouts as people here celebrated the Solar Eclipse.
Of course now at 5:30 pm the sun is shining and life is back to normal.

View attachment 214166View attachment 214167

Great pics!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was that song in "Grease" the movie? Or did they add it to the play? Anyway, never heard it.

Would it strain credibility if I said I watched that linked vid three times because of the pudgy guy singing in the duet? He looks like the last guy I chased who didn't love me back, fat, pug nose, baby face, dorky sneakers, thin polyester shirt, but he lived in a way I admired. He rode his bike everywhere, his only transportation other than occasionally the bus. When we walked he'd stop to point out things in the night sky. He lived in a rented garage apartment, 150 square feet with a hot plate and mini-fridge. We didn't even have much the same taste in music, but I loved him. LOVED him, fell hard for him, dreamed of kissing him, but couldn't get his attention.

Sigh. He still lives around here somewhere, finally got a real apartment, and somebody gave him a car. He can fix a car himself.

Okay enough of that. If I caught him I'd have to throw him back anyway because I don't do marriage. Unless I can ever convince someone you can have marriage with separate residences.
It was only in the stage version. There is a scene in the movie that involves mooning, but not that song.

As for separate residences, I think I'd take it a step further. I need to find someone who is willing to maintain their own life independent of the relationship. That way I don't feel like I'm keeping them from doing what they want to do when I decide to seek solitude. I can't maintain a relationship where it's assumed that we always have to do things together. I need someone who accepts it when they say "Do you want to go do so-and-so?" and I answer with "Ya know, I think I just want to stay home and do nothing." So they need to have other people to go do things with, and be happy with that arrangement.

Not that I wouldn't ever want to spend time with them, just that they need to really accept my need for peace and quiet and solitude.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
e1befd1237333958142b6cd3e78455ce.gif

..:).....................................................................

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got my taxes finished today. Soooooo much fun, NOT! Have to pay the feds, but get about half of the fed bill back from the state. State of CA doesn't charge tax on Social Security which is surprising. Anyway that's a good thing...

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Got my taxes finished today. Soooooo much fun, NOT! Have to pay the feds, but get about half of the fed bill back from the state. State of CA doesn't charge tax on Social Security which is surprising. Anyway that's a good thing...
I dropped mine off mid February and I got the call they are done and I signed and picked them up today a little complicated with still my late husband's estate stuff. I have to pay State and Federal but not as much as last year which is awesome!

VU Sponsors