Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Tag back!!
homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somehow I thought we took pictures in front of the restaurant too. Or does she have those? Or you?
somehow the only pics I got were some of the lights at BLORA. Most of those didn't come out good.

Its not a bad picturevof either of you! I vote it stays!

That is...of course....depending on whether or not I actually get a vote
you don't!

thanks, but I just take awful pics. Either that or I really look that bad IRL so I'm choosing to say I take awful pics! hehehe

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its not a bad picturevof either of you! I vote it stays!

That is...of course....depending on whether or not I actually get a vote
Actually it occurs to me that I didn't have permission from either of the people in the pic to post it, so even if it was behind a spoiler tag I probably should take it down for now.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
somehow the only pics I got were some of the lights at BLORA. Most of those didn't come out good.

you don't!

thanks, but I just take awful pics. Either that or I really look that bad IRL so I'm choosing to say I take awful pics! hehehe

Hahaha!!! So much for democracy! I hate pics of myself too so thats the reason Im not in many!!! :D

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For Darth, BLORA = Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area. It's kind of a park run by Ft Hood, and every year they put up a huge display of Christmas lights, that are mostly animated ones in the shape of things, Santa, etc. They do the 12 days of Christmas, it's pretty kewl

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its exactly for that reason that I have never posted a picture of my daughter anywhere on the internet.
Good for you!!! My dil has posted hundreds of pics of her daughter on FB. One time there was one of those riddly things where you come up with a goofy name for yourself, or something like that, anyhow, it wanted to know the street you lived on. She filled it out.........I told her that is how kids go missing. Every post she makes has the town she's in.......now she's posted the street...... 100's of pics of an adorable little girl, pics outside that show what the house looks like....... she ignored me, thought I was over reacting........so I told her mama on her and her mama made her take it down.......cuz at the time she was living with her mama and it was her street
001_tt2.gif

Ive heard of ruling with an Iron Fist...but Iron Pans....this is getting out of control
001_tt2.gif
:D :teehee:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good for you!!! My dil has posted hundreds of pics of her daughter on FB. One time there was one of those riddly things where you come up with a goofy name for yourself, or something like that, anyhow, it wanted to know the street you lived on. She filled it out.........I told her that is how kids go missing. Every post she makes has the town she's in.......now she's posted the street...... 100's of pics of an adorable little girl, pics outside that show what the house looks like....... she ignored me, thought I was over reacting........so I told her mama on her and her mama made her take it down.......cuz at the time she was living with her mama and it was her street
001_tt2.gif

001_tt2.gif
:D :teehee:
It drives me nuts that my ex posts pics of her on FB. Unfortunately I cant do anything about it. Im not even on FB. I have posted pics with my daughter in them on here but she's turned away from the camera, is wearing a hat and coat and it may as well be a random kid at the beach.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
kewl! If you talk to her before I do, ask her to send it to me please
Will do! It's several separate videos though, not one big long one. Not sure how easy it will be to send 'em. I think I have copies of them all on my laptop, so if she can't send them I could maybe copy them to my google drive and give you a link to get them from.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It drives me nuts that my ex posts pics of her on FB. Unfortunately I cant do anything about it. Im not even on FB. I have posted pics with my daughter in them on here but she's turned away from the camera, is wearing a hat and coat and it may as well be a random kid at the beach.
I definitely applaud you for not posting her all over the net. Wish your ex didn't either. My dil always says, "the only ones who can see it are my friends"

and anyone they share it with and all their friends, and eventually everyone!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I definitely applaud you for not posting her all over the net. Wish your ex didn't either. My dil always says, "the only ones who can see it are my friends"

and anyone they share it with and all their friends, and eventually everyone!
Thats the same thing I hear from my ex. She goes on and on about keeping our daughter safe and protecting her from the various dangers in todays world and then acts in the exact opposite interest.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Now that's sumpthin that me and fancy chefs fight over. I like my proteins cooked! On food network I've seen time after time eatin pink pork! Newp, not happenin here. I know they get a much better quality of food than we do here in podunk, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies. :teehee:
For me it all depends on the cut. Im not willing to fight over it though. However...that reminds me of a very funny video...

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me it all depends on the cut. Im not willing to fight over it though. However...that reminds me of a very funny video...

lmao! I always knew that's what the expediter really does! :teehee: well yeah I don't fight over it, just differ from them. I don't like shoe leather, but do prefer my proteins cooked to a safe temp. Steak might be the exception, but for that I'm a med to med well person. Pink, not red, and no blood! :)

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I am not gonna lie...I have uttered every single phrase in that video at one point or another while working in the kitchen!

As for safe temps for cooking, pork can be cooked to 150F and it is perfectly safe to eat, but it will still be slightly pink in the middle. Steak can be cooked to full on rare and not turn out bloody(if properly seared,rested and finished). Harmful bacteria lives on the exterior of the meat(except in poultry), which is why ground meats must be fully cooked to 170 or higher. All that said, it doesnt matter what the minimum safe temps are(as long as the meat is cooked AT LEAST that much), what really matters is how the person eating it wants it prepared.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
jup that's important. Which is why it drives me nuts when they want you to cut into a steak as soon as it arrives at the table. Some places rest them before they give them to you (like where my son works), but so many folks freak out if it's not piping hot, that a lotta places don't.
I sear on high heat, rest it and finish it in the oven to the desired temp. Depending on how the guest wants it I do a longer or shorter sear. Works every time.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a super yummy pork butt and gravy in the crock pot. Started it last night. Wore out before I could do the smashed taters though, so will do those tomorrow.

Holy carp you're a goldfish and you never knew it!!!!

(thought Id fix that...and remind you since its been more than 3 seconds :p
lmao.......jup reminds me of the movie 50 first dates. I'm jealous of 10 second Tom. lol

VU Sponsors