Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL! Rich listed off a bunch of financial reasons, but mine are more like the peace and quiet, the personal freedom, the EXCELLENT water, and stuff like that. For instance, as long as it's not our "primary dwelling," we can put any kind of building we want on our property, because the county believes it is OUR property. No permission required, no permits required, nothing. You want an outbuilding? Build it. And the wide open spaces are nice because there are no close neighbors to hear me yelling at that stoopid dog when she's spazzing out over seeing the Pyrs, and if Jasper leaves to go have speaks with the local coyote pack, nobody even sees him, much less cares if he's out. (He always comes back as soon as he's finished schooling them. ) Because there are so few neighbors, we all look out for each other. Yeah, the winters are brutal, but it really is a nice place to live. There is zero crime here. No self-respecting criminal would dare venture out this far. The worst "crime" we get is litterbug tourists who throw their fast food trash out the window as they drive by. I hate that, but if that's the worst we have to deal with, it's OK.
Oh, I just remembered, there was this one time when there was a real criminal on the loose in the area. The neighborhood network got into gear to spread the word there was a "wanted man" in the area. I called the police and they confirmed it, and told me what the guy was last seen wearing, and his last location (about half a mile from us). So imagine my surprise when about half an hour later there's a knock on the door and it's THAT GUY! I had my .357 but didn't let him see it. I told him to leave and he said he wanted to use the phone (normally, anyone out here who needs to use the phone is immediately invited in, because it's 30 miles to the nearest village). I said no, and he kept insisting. I kept saying no, and finally he asked if he could get a light for his cigarette, at which point I showed him the .357 and told him he'd better leave NOW. Poor guy, I scared the crap out of him, and he left in a hurry. I called the police back and told them he was just here and which way he'd headed (he was on foot) out the driveway, and they picked him up a little while later.
Later that day, the arresting officer called me back (he's also a neighbor) to thank me and I asked what the guy did. Turns out it was "non-payment of child support!" I about blew a gasket! I told the cop I pulled my freaking GUN on him and all he did was not pay child support??????? He just laughed and said that was OK, the guy was in violation of the law, and the law is the law, but in the end, they didn't put him in jail, they gave him a ride to the ND border and bought him a hamburger for lunch because he was starving! I'd gotten so worked up over that, and afterward I felt so bad. But in the 13 years we've been here, that's the worst "crime" spree we've seen, besides littering. That's a huge reason to stay here, believe me. Rich and I came from the big city, where we didn't even know any of our neighbors, and you never knew when your car would be broken into or stolen, or you might get mugged or robbed, or your house broken into. You have to be cagey and suspicious, just to defend yourself. Here you can be friendly and open and not worry.
wow..........can't believe they made y'all think there was a killer on the loose over non payment. Perhaps tell it like this..... non violent guy who disobeyed a court order. lol Yeah I totally get being able to build things when/where/how ya want. Don't like folks telling me what I can and can't do in a house or on land that I paid for.

Tablets suuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!
Howdy darlin!

She'll be with me most of next week. The week after sh'es traveling with her mom for Xmas, then is going to Peru with her best friend who's from there.
kewl beans!

Well, got more of my stamp stuff outta storage, still haven't found adhesives. I did find my paper cutter and die cutter stuff. I can cut it all out now........just can't glue it together :facepalm: Can't really send folks an envelope full of card parts. lol

Wow..........sure has been quiet in here. I've been super busy last few days with Dr appts and stuff. Hated having to go out in the cold.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm gettin' pretty damn tired of this cold. We always have spells of below zero weather, ALWAYS, but usually it's for 3 or 4 days and then it goes back up for a while. This one has been going all week, and with the exception of two days when our high will be in the mid teens (remember when I said we'd be grateful for 15?) it's going to stay below zero through next week. By next Saturday, the forecast is for -14. Some days the highs will be above zero, but only in the single digits (except for our 11 and 14 on Sunday and Monday). To make matters worse, last Monday I came down with a bad case of the flu (on my birthday, how nice...), but I managed to stave it off with olive leaf capsules and by Wednesday I was feeling pretty much normal. However, because I'm "invincible," I didn't follow my own rules and continue for several days after, so the few really strong bugs that didn't die from the first onslaught of olive leaf were fruitful and multiplied. Argh. Yesterday was a total wash. I was running a fever off and on, and even though I put myself on chaparral tea - that's the Big Guns - I still had a pretty bad fever last night when I went to bed. Every part of me ached, it was awful. But, the fever broke in the middle of the night and now I feel better. I don't care how God-awful nasty this chaparral tastes (and believe me, it's nasty!), I'm going to keep taking it for several days this time. It's my own damn fault, after all.

The good news is I left Little Buffy Morgaine with her mama night before last (because of the cold - I wanted them to be able to sleep together), and yesterday morning, there was only half a gallon of milk in Cricket's udder. Morgaine is getting better at being the back up milker for me. :D I left them together again last night, and probably will again for the really cold nights (it was -9 last night), and I'm hoping there's less than half a gallon of milk for me this morning. Morgaine needs the fat from the cream to keep her warm, so the more she can stuff in herself, the better. :)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We make the capsules, the tea is just bulk dried herb that I make a pint of tea out of and try to choke it down throughout the day. Gah, that stuff is bitter! Anyway, we have a capsule stuffer thing and we get empty capsules and bulk powdered olive leaf to stuff them with. We do all different kinds of stuff, depending on what we need - turmeric is another daily staple of ours. It's good for just about anything. :) Olive leaf is for when I'm coming down with something or have any kind of sinus issues - it works GREAT on head stuff. ;)

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We make the capsules, the tea is just bulk dried herb that I make a pint of tea out of and try to choke it down throughout the day. Gah, that stuff is bitter! Anyway, we have a capsule stuffer thing and we get empty capsules and bulk powdered olive leaf to stuff them with. We do all different kinds of stuff, depending on what we need - turmeric is another daily staple of ours. It's good for just about anything. Olive leaf is for when I'm coming down with something or have any kind of sinus issues - it works GREAT on head stuff.
where do you get the olive leaf extract? I was checking it out, and it says you can sprinkle it on food or put it in a drink too. The already made capsules are uber expensive, and no tellin what all is in em

So today I'm moving stuff in and out of my storage unit. Bottom line with NY apartments is there's never enough room, so unused stuff has to go into a storage unit as there's no attic or other stash place like under the stairs.
I'm doin the same, only on a much smaller scale. Cheer up.........I can guarantee the space I've had to put my stuff the last 4.5 years has been MUCH smaller! :)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
where do you get the olive leaf extract? I was checking it out, and it says you can sprinkle it on food or put it in a drink too. The already made capsules are uber expensive, and no tellin what all is in em

I get my herbs from Monterey Bay Spice Company now. I used to use Mountain Rose Herbs, but lately their order fulfillment and customer service have been sadly lacking. I think they hired a bunch of younger, "entitled" people to work for them. The prices are about the same between companies, though. We just order olive leaf powder by the pound. All the others, too, for that matter. It's cheaper that way. ;)

I hear you on not knowing what's in the pre-made ones. I got some at a health food store in Sturgis once (it was an emergency, and I didn't have any made up, and we were out shopping for the day), and the bottle smelled strongly of cucumber, which told me the olive leaf was cut with borage. On top of that, there was sand in the capsules as well (silica) to make them weigh more. What a rip-off. And it was NOW brand, which is supposed to be reputable, but they're not. Seventeen bucks for a 100-count bottle of something that was at best less than half olive leaf. I know there was SOME olive leaf in the capsules because it's bitter, and I opened one up to taste it, and yup, it was bitter, but the borage was in your face strong, so I guessed it was at least half borage (which is a cheap, locally available annual herb that does pretty much nothing but add cucumber flavor). If I was gonna try to cheat people by cutting the herb, I'd use something a bit less pungent than borage, but that's just me. :rolleyes: And that silica scam really chaps me. They can put a tiny amount of powdered herb in a small-size capsule, add sand, and magically it weighs more than a large sized capsule stuffed to the brim with the same herb. It's all about the bottom line, and if anyone thinks that "natural food" stores/manufacturers are in it for people's health, haha, think again. You pretty much have to do everything yourself nowadays, if you want 100% accuracy.

Now that I've ranted about NOW brand (and lots of others fall into the same category), I will say that Mountain Rose Herbs sells pre-made capsules that are nothing but the herb. No fillers, no sand, no cutting with something cheaper. They stuff their own. They're more expensive than making them yourself, but if you ever want to try something out without going to the trouble of making it up yourself, that would be the place to order from. They don't have every herb they sell as capsules, but they have a LOT of them.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm gettin' pretty damn tired of this cold. We always have spells of below zero weather, ALWAYS, but usually it's for 3 or 4 days and then it goes back up for a while. This one has been going all week, and with the exception of two days when our high will be in the mid teens (remember when I said we'd be grateful for 15?) it's going to stay below zero through next week. By next Saturday, the forecast is for -14. Some days the highs will be above zero, but only in the single digits (except for our 11 and 14 on Sunday and Monday). To make matters worse, last Monday I came down with a bad case of the flu (on my birthday, how nice...), but I managed to stave it off with olive leaf capsules and by Wednesday I was feeling pretty much normal. However, because I'm "invincible," I didn't follow my own rules and continue for several days after, so the few really strong bugs that didn't die from the first onslaught of olive leaf were fruitful and multiplied. Argh. Yesterday was a total wash. I was running a fever off and on, and even though I put myself on chaparral tea - that's the Big Guns - I still had a pretty bad fever last night when I went to bed. Every part of me ached, it was awful. But, the fever broke in the middle of the night and now I feel better. I don't care how God-awful nasty this chaparral tastes (and believe me, it's nasty!), I'm going to keep taking it for several days this time. It's my own damn fault, after all.

The good news is I left Little Buffy Morgaine with her mama night before last (because of the cold - I wanted them to be able to sleep together), and yesterday morning, there was only half a gallon of milk in Cricket's udder. Morgaine is getting better at being the back up milker for me. :D I left them together again last night, and probably will again for the really cold nights (it was -9 last night), and I'm hoping there's less than half a gallon of milk for me this morning. Morgaine needs the fat from the cream to keep her warm, so the more she can stuff in herself, the better. :)
Dang Lannie. Glad you're feeling better but I can't imagine being sick AND being in cold weather. :eek:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, yes I did indeed. Does this mean I actually know what I'm talking about? How did that happen?:teehee:
Of course it does. You're quite brilliant even though you're bad. :devil:
I down turmeric shots 5 times a day. They really help.
Does it get rid of playful squirrels? They have been running and playing all day on the roof!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course it does. You're quite brilliant even though you're bad. :devil:

Does it get rid of playful squirrels? They have been running and playing all day on the roof!
I don't know about brilliant, but I am kinda bad I suppose. But am so bad I'm good, or so good I'm bad? Or just good at being bad? Or bad at being good?

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hospital today to have a cyst removed, hope everyone is well and I promise some new vape gear stuff and pics soon
I think there are some politicians and regulators that need to make similar appointments, they seem to have cysts in their asses.
Oops, my mistake, those aren't cysts, those are their heads.

Last edited:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hospital today to have a cyst removed, hope everyone is well and I promise some new vape gear stuff and pics soon

Good luck!

No. Lol I love squirrels!! Even playful ones on the roof. :)

I don't have squirrels anymore. Now I have really big rodents I can watch run across the tracks on the subway. If they had furry squirrel tails they would look just like overfed, exceptionally large squirrels. Who eat pizza instead of nuts.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow Rixy. Good luck. I've had a cyst on my forehead removed once. It was so big, we named it Bob. :sneaka:
You don't miss him though surely lol. :sneaka:

Oh and happy new (and fitting) name Kad

So Tuesday a review on the amazing Horizon Arctic V12 - TFV8 killer. 12 coils in one coil head, 120w - 180w recommended wattage. Also comes with an RTA section.

A new beast has arrived :)

Good luck!
I've already had it done Eskie, sorry I should of been clearer. Thanks though, it was a minor bob removal ;)

No. Lol I love squirrels!! Even playful ones on the roof. :)
Me too but not many of them here, especially the red ones..

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And this is why I always wait a few weeks before buying whatever you say is the new "best" atomizer ever.;)
We will see, a new beast but a better one ?? no idea, I've not vaped on it yet. I actually hated the TFV8 Cloud beast, love the big baby beast though but this needs a lot of power. It's all about flavor and satisfaction for me, clouds just come with the terratory. I like Arctic tanks though, they are usually good and the fact that you can turn it into an RTA is a big bonus.

I still fully recommend the big baby with the T8 coil, I use mine every day...never leaked a drop or dry hit on me. Solid tank that one.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get my herbs from Monterey Bay Spice Company now. I used to use Mountain Rose Herbs, but lately their order fulfillment and customer service have been sadly lacking. I think they hired a bunch of younger, "entitled" people to work for them. The prices are about the same between companies, though. We just order olive leaf powder by the pound. All the others, too, for that matter. It's cheaper that way.
I hear you on not knowing what's in the pre-made ones. I got some at a health food store in Sturgis once (it was an emergency, and I didn't have any made up, and we were out shopping for the day), and the bottle smelled strongly of cucumber, which told me the olive leaf was cut with borage. On top of that, there was sand in the capsules as well (silica) to make them weigh more. What a rip-off. And it was NOW brand, which is supposed to be reputable, but they're not. Seventeen bucks for a 100-count bottle of something that was at best less than half olive leaf. I know there was SOME olive leaf in the capsules because it's bitter, and I opened one up to taste it, and yup, it was bitter, but the borage was in your face strong, so I guessed it was at least half borage (which is a cheap, locally available annual herb that does pretty much nothing but add cucumber flavor). If I was gonna try to cheat people by cutting the herb, I'd use something a bit less pungent than borage, but that's just me. And that silica scam really chaps me. They can put a tiny amount of powdered herb in a small-size capsule, add sand, and magically it weighs more than a large sized capsule stuffed to the brim with the same herb. It's all about the bottom line, and if anyone thinks that "natural food" stores/manufacturers are in it for people's health, haha, think again. You pretty much have to do everything yourself nowadays, if you want 100% accuracy.
Now that I've ranted about NOW brand (and lots of others fall into the same category), I will say that Mountain Rose Herbs sells pre-made capsules that are nothing but the herb. No fillers, no sand, no cutting with something cheaper. They stuff their own. They're more expensive than making them yourself, but if you ever want to try something out without going to the trouble of making it up yourself, that would be the place to order from. They don't have every herb they sell as capsules, but they have a LOT of them.
Thanks hun........will check that out. I hate bitter (and most god for ya herbage is incredibly bitter, don't make sense) but I hate colds worse.

I down turmeric shots 5 times a day. They really help.
Oh didn't know they made it in shots, but wow, also didn't know you could take it that often without it becoming ineffective, or acting in a negative way

No. Lol I love squirrels!! Even playful ones on the roof.
I used to.........til they tried to eat my car. Now, not so much.
angry.gif

Glad you are well as well. and the cyst is gone.

I don't have squirrels anymore. Now I have really big rodents I can watch run across the tracks on the subway. If they had furry squirrel tails they would look just like overfed, exceptionally large squirrels. Who eat pizza instead of nuts.
NO........ ........ .......... ............

And this is why I always wait a few weeks before buying whatever you say is the new "best" atomizer ever.
lmao...........JUP!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You don't miss him though surely lol.
No, I don't. :shades: When I first went to the doc, he said he couldn't remove it because it was a "cosmetic" thing. So, after 5 months, I went back. It was so big, my right eyebrow had pressed down over my eye and I couldn't see out of it. I asked "Do you think the insurance would pay for it now?". You should have seen the look on his face!!! Epic!
Glad you got rid of your little friend Rixy. :teehee:
Good luck!

Well, somehow, the outside dog's HUGE water trough kind of "disappeared" since last night. It's not a metal one, but still, it's HUGE and I have no clue as to what happened to it. Maybe the squirrels took it. o_O

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Currently pondering whether a Vanilla Java Porter is an appropriate choice to pair with Shrimp and Grits...though of course grits seemed like an odd thing to go with shrimp so...

tapatalking drive by
You're going to have shrimp grits? They are awesome! I'm just a little shocked that they have those up where you are.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Currently pondering whether a Vanilla Java Porter is an appropriate choice to pair with Shrimp and Grits...though of course grits seemed like an odd thing to go with shrimp so...

tapatalking drive by
Ok, so, 10 minutes ago you posted that. So, being the intelligent wanna be woman that I am, I deduce that you are safe and about to have shrimp!!!! Wooooohooooo!

Attachments

• 0CIUNyJ[1].gif
    0CIUNyJ[1].gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 1

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so, 10 minutes ago you posted that. So, being the intelligent wanna be woman that I am, I deduce that you are safe and about to have shrimp!!!! Wooooohooooo!
Well, having appetizers, and then apparently a salad, and then the food. And a free drink on the company dime. Even though I hate these shindigs, they do treat us to a good meal

tapatalking drive by

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Um. I have no idea how that happened..................

You are a treasure Kevin darling. Brilliant, handsome, sweet, and oh so many more attributes. Glad you're having fun. :inlove:<3:blowkiss:
Lol. I just couldn't resist taking advantage of that typo and you still say all those sweet things about me?
You are an amazing, funny, beautiful, smart sweet angel.

tapatalking drive by

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OMG! That was an amazing meal!!! Thought it sounded odd but shrimp and grits really do go well together. I have to say my boss knows how to pick places for our Xmas parties.

tapatalking drive by

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Good morning! Those shrimp look good! Now you've got me planing dinner before I've even had breakfast.

Everybody stay warm, it's cold out just about wherever you live. Maybe southern FL is still OK, but everywhere else, bundle up.

VU Sponsors