Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm guessing money. Oh, and they couldn't schedule me with a psych. Said they weren't in our insurance "plan".

Yea. I just got in trouble for daydreaming and not being "on task" all the time.
Now, I have to find a psych that takes our crappy insurance.
I have to pay $150 every 6 months for a head shrinker to get my meds. But it is worth it. Meds are about $60/mo with insurance. About $200 without.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to pay $150 every 6 months for a head shrinker to get my meds. But it is worth it. Meds are about $60/mo with insurance. About $200 without.
I paid around $200 a month when my son was young for it.
I'm just really bummed. I mean, they gave me the impression when I made the appointment that I could get meds right away. And I was SO looking forward to being able to concentrate at work. And read more than 2 sentences at a time. It's worse now that I don't smoke anymore. I literally hear EVERYTHING that goes on in this room. Everything distracts me.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, VU is driving me bat shit this morning. Constant "this website is unavailable" blah blah blah errors from Cloudflare.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ADD was diagnosed by the child psychiatrist that diagnosed my son. It was determined by her that neither of us had ADD that was bad enough to warrant medication. She gave us some tips and tricks to use to control it. Of course, at work I can't use my iPod so it's really hard to stay on task.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My ADD was diagnosed by the child psychiatrist that diagnosed my son. It was determined by her that neither of us had ADD that was bad enough to warrant medication. She gave us some tips and tricks to use to control it. Of course, at work I can't use my iPod so it's really hard to stay on task.
My son has been taking meds all his life. He had a severe case of it. Now is "Adult ADD" and he only needs the meds when he has to concentrate on something, ie., transposing music and writing it. I learned lots of tips and tricks over the years so even if I don't get meds, I'll muddle through. Sorry you can't use your ipad at work. That stinks. :(

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wish I had chocolate cake right now. I'd eat half of it. With cold milk.
awwwwwwwwwwww come over tomorrow, I'll have fresh baked brownies! Hey did you ever check yur phone after you got off work?

OK, VU is driving me bat shit this morning. Constant "this website is unavailable" blah blah blah errors from Cloudflare.
It's YOU! lol I was on earlier today trying to read and quote....... then tonite......... I didn't have one problem, til I tried to quote this post........then I got the error! (and several after that with other assorted wonkyness) and there are always out of order, so the rest of these I quoted before this one

Still have a few more things to do around the apartment, but basically done. And my PC is up and running and I have a real keyboard and mouse. I like my phone and tablet, but not for lots of typing.
So glad the move went so well with nothing missing or broken.

Sup Wompers, Happy belated Birthday @Lannie
what day was it???

Happy Birthday Lannie!!!

upload_2016-12-7_21-57-23.jpeg sorry it doesn't look like yours, I went with sentiment over resemblance
these are my favs
images

lmao! I've had this tab pulled up for 1.5 weeks so I don't lose it.
http://www.biglots.com/product/purp...et-/p810313439?pos=1:6&Ntt=queen/king blanket

I actually did lose it once but found it again

Youse guyz doan kno what cold is.
Jup I do. I've been in 65 below windchill, But y'all are used to it. well as used to it as anyone can get o_O After both y'alls posts, I have to ask again...........what exactly is it that y'all love about that place??? lol

Morning peeps, it's my Sons Christmas play today, he got the role of Joseph, bless him, then I'm off to the mother in laws to put her decks up and fit a unit under the sink.......hmmm, lets hope I ain't got to mess with the copper pipes, Emily is already nervous.
awwwwwww how cute! What did you do with/to copper pipes? Reckin I forgot

Talking of Emily, she is finding this new life difficult and regrets coming on here for a little rant, it's a big change for her but she has come around to the idea of an extension now, told her, I can move all the gaming stuff in there and free up the living room.
To be frank.........I find women hard to please
No biggies. we all rant from time to time and I'm sure it is a big adjustment. But it is one she'll have to make sure she can make.

Oh, and they couldn't schedule me with a psych. Said they weren't in our insurance "plan".
who do I call to dance on some foreheads?????????? That is really wrong..........where did you go? (sounds like metroplex)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
what day was it???
Happy Birthday Lannie!!!
She's in bed so I'm answering this... December 5th and she was... ummmm.... errrr.... 39 again. :giggle:
what exactly is it that y'all love about that place???
Cost of living. I own this place now and if I was in Texas, the same property would have me in debt for another 20-30 years, plus, in general, things cost less here (only 5 cents per kWh on electricity, cheaper vehicle licenses, no smog or safety certifications required, $10 for 5 years CWP while most states charge $90-130 per year, etc., etc.)

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Morning all! How were even able to get any posting here yesterday? Those servers need to be taken behind the woodshed and taught a lesson. I guess we'll see how these "spotty outages" go today. I guess you're just plain stuck when it comes time to change servers around. My daughter is coming in on Sunday, so I can look forward to making sure the last of the packing boxes are out by then.I also have to rebuild my Crius+ today. I've got this great Strawberry Milk juice but the coils aren't quite right.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks darlin! that makes sense.......but dang.......that weather is nuts.

LOL! Rich listed off a bunch of financial reasons, but mine are more like the peace and quiet, the personal freedom, the EXCELLENT water, and stuff like that. For instance, as long as it's not our "primary dwelling," we can put any kind of building we want on our property, because the county believes it is OUR property. No permission required, no permits required, nothing. You want an outbuilding? Build it. And the wide open spaces are nice because there are no close neighbors to hear me yelling at that stoopid dog when she's spazzing out over seeing the Pyrs, and if Jasper leaves to go have speaks with the local coyote pack, nobody even sees him, much less cares if he's out. (He always comes back as soon as he's finished schooling them. :)) Because there are so few neighbors, we all look out for each other. Yeah, the winters are brutal, but it really is a nice place to live. There is zero crime here. No self-respecting criminal would dare venture out this far. ;) The worst "crime" we get is litterbug tourists who throw their fast food trash out the window as they drive by. I hate that, but if that's the worst we have to deal with, it's OK.

Oh, I just remembered, there was this one time when there was a real criminal on the loose in the area. The neighborhood network got into gear to spread the word there was a "wanted man" in the area. I called the police and they confirmed it, and told me what the guy was last seen wearing, and his last location (about half a mile from us). So imagine my surprise when about half an hour later there's a knock on the door and it's THAT GUY! I had my .357 but didn't let him see it. I told him to leave and he said he wanted to use the phone (normally, anyone out here who needs to use the phone is immediately invited in, because it's 30 miles to the nearest village). I said no, and he kept insisting. I kept saying no, and finally he asked if he could get a light for his cigarette, at which point I showed him the .357 and told him he'd better leave NOW. Poor guy, I scared the crap out of him, and he left in a hurry. I called the police back and told them he was just here and which way he'd headed (he was on foot) out the driveway, and they picked him up a little while later.

Later that day, the arresting officer called me back (he's also a neighbor) to thank me and I asked what the guy did. Turns out it was "non-payment of child support!" I about blew a gasket! I told the cop I pulled my freaking GUN on him and all he did was not pay child support??????? He just laughed and said that was OK, the guy was in violation of the law, and the law is the law, but in the end, they didn't put him in jail, they gave him a ride to the ND border and bought him a hamburger for lunch because he was starving! I'd gotten so worked up over that, and afterward I felt so bad. But in the 13 years we've been here, that's the worst "crime" spree we've seen, besides littering. That's a huge reason to stay here, believe me. Rich and I came from the big city, where we didn't even know any of our neighbors, and you never knew when your car would be broken into or stolen, or you might get mugged or robbed, or your house broken into. You have to be cagey and suspicious, just to defend yourself. Here you can be friendly and open and not worry. :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Adding to Lannie's post, we also have no light pollution. That means if you want to stay out at night and use the telescopes to look at distant galaxies, no problem at all. And unless there is a forest fire going in Wyoming, eastern Montana, or North Dakota, the air is always clear as a bell.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the air is always clear as a bell.
Sorry, you triggered my grammar police mode...;)
Don't know why, but this one bugs me whenever I see it used incorrectly. So strictly for edumacational porpoises...

The phrase "clear as a bell" is referring to sound, not sight. So the air is not clear as a bell. Nor can glass, or water, or anything else that you see be properly called clear as a bell.

Grammar police mode off.:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While, technically, you are correct Sir Kadly, the misuse of this phrase when referring to air quality has been permitted due to the fact that when the air is exceptionally clear/clean (not foggy or overly polluted), a bell can clearly be heard from many many miles away that otherwise might not be heard at all. Sound travels better through clear air.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whether its clear or foggy, it's WAY TOO COLD!!!!!! lol
It's 35 here with the wind blowing and my ears hurt now. I had to gas up the truck though. I know, I know. 35 is nothing to you folks.
My little 2 acres isn't restricted either. I have proof. I have 2 ugly sheds that I put up piss poor and now are falling down. :(

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Minus 8 here this morning. ;)
Back in Orygun, we could build an 8'x8' shed (as long as it had no electricity or water) without a permit, but anything larger than that (such as 10'x10') required a permit for which you had to pay $125 (or some such BS) and if you wanted to put lights and/or water in it, it had to have a full building permit just like a house. The only thing here that requires a permit is if you want to put in a toilet and septic tank or you intend to actually live in the building (then it needs a safety inspection). I have put water and electricity in the barns (water pipes are 8' feet underground so as to not freeze) with no permits required.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Minus 8 here this morning. ;)
Back in Orygun, we could build an 8'x8' shed (as long as it had no electricity or water) without a permit, but anything larger than that (such as 10'x10') required a permit for which you had to pay $125 (or some such BS) and if you wanted to put lights and/or water in it, it had to have a full building permit just like a house. The only thing here that requires a permit is if you want to put in a toilet and septic tank or you intend to actually live in the building (then it needs a safety inspection). I have put water and electricity in the barns (water pipes are 8' feet underground so as to not freeze) with no permits required.
8 feet under???? DANG! You can't even dig a foot here without hitting rocks. :eek:
Hey, I just realized you have 4 8's in your paragraph. And 8 is my favorite number. I wonder what that means. :bunny:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Prolly that you 8 too much for breakfast. :xD:

I like nines because they disappear when you add and reduce to a single digit... e.g., 3+9 = 12... 1+2 = 3, so you got the original number without the nine. And when you multiply and reduce to a single digit you come up with only the nine, e.g., 2X9 = 18 and 1+8 = 9 (or 37x9=333 and 3+3+3=9).

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Prolly that you 8 too much for breakfast. :xD:

I like nines because they disappear when you add and reduce to a single digit... e.g., 3+9 = 12... 1+2 = 3, so you got the original number without the nine. And when you multiply and reduce to a single digit you come up with only the nine, e.g., 2X9 = 18 and 1+8 = 9 (or 37x9=333 and 3+3+3=9).
Wow I never noticed that.
I did eat 9 mini muffins today.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While, technically, you are correct Sir Kadly, the misuse of this phrase when referring to air quality has been permitted due to the fact that when the air is exceptionally clear/clean (not foggy or overly polluted), a bell can clearly be heard from many many miles away that otherwise might not be heard at all. Sound travels better through clear air.
Huh, guess I'm the one getting edumacated then.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No they don't!!! I've been using a tablet since 2013. You're just used to a honkingly fast PC! :p :giggle::giggle:

I guess you're rightand I suck at typing so making the keyboard smaller just compounds the issue. :D

But I had to stop in and say "Hello!" just reading all your posts like a creepy stalker and not saying anything seemed wrong. :giggle::devil:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Gah battery crapped out on me last night, thanks Lynn been thinking about y'all as well. But have been keeping up somewhat when I could read at work. Yall have a good one.

Last edited:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yay!!! How long can she stay?

She'll be with me most of next week. The week after sh'es traveling with her mom for Xmas, then is going to Peru with her best friend who's from there.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Tablets suuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!:giggle:

Eh, they're good to read from, but lousy to type on. And carrying around a small keyboard sorta defeats the whole purpose of small and light. For me it's good for reading and videos.

VU Sponsors