Become a Patron!

Why hasn't cloud chasing just....died by now.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This reminds me of when I smoked cigs, I had a buddy that smoked fine cigars, but didn't inhale them. He would just swish the smoke around to taste the tobacco. I one day asked him "What the fuck is the point in smoking if you don't inhale" The words of wisdom recited to me by that great man I would like to impart to the owner of this OP. "What the fuck do you care what I do?"
Most cigar smokers I know smoke cigars because they love tobbaccos and they enjoy the sensual pleasure of the varing and broad spectrum of tobaccos to experince. unlike cigarette smokers hwo just want to suck down whatever pack of crap tobacco that will give them a nic fix....they are flavor chasers.....

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The shit show we have here?

You're talking about the guy who gets his bovine bollocks off on jumping into threads and belligerently interjecting his inflamed drivel in an attempt to incite or elicit some kind of response, so the hostile antagonizing can continue.
Aka: pulsevape

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Hey now....I even gots a GIF for dat!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_nlp1x5jkQp1tv2sd2o1_400_zpsqyhai9nf.gif

(Disclaimer, this GIF is not directed towards any member on the thread, That is all):D

Reactions: MC5

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey now....I even gots a GIF for dat!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_nlp1x5jkQp1tv2sd2o1_400_zpsqyhai9nf.gif

(Disclaimer, this GIF is not directed towards any member on the thread, That is all):D
Hey man, everybody was having a good time just sitting around and bullshitting. Then this cow walks up out of nowhere and just starts trying to teabag us.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most cigar smokers I know smoke cigars because they love tobbaccos and they enjoy the sensual pleasure of the varing and broad spectrum of tobaccos to experince. unlike cigarette smokers hwo just want to suck down whatever pack of crap tobacco that will give them a nic fix....they are flavor chasers.....
Clearly the point in my statement has been stopped by your chromosomal short-comings. You just stated the reason it exists on your own. Sometimes people commit what looks like the same act for entirely different reasons, You say you smoke cigs and vape for nicotine, I say there are people that smoked cigs because it was social, shall you persecute them. Until you buy these cloud chasers mods and juice for them, I say I don't see any spare room for your opinion on what they do with them.
giphy.gif

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
...and then the whole 0 nic totally baffels me.
I vape 0 nic.

I quit smoking nearly 5-1/2 years ago. Picked up vaping a few weeks ago. Two reasons I started, and a third that hooked me:
  1. I've had a hellua time keeping the weight under control since I quit smoking. It's an oral thing, I expect. I thought vaping might be a more healthy way than smoking to get my grazing under control.
  2. My wife hasn't managed to quit smoking, tho she'd like to. She's tried. Now she's trying vaping. I figured if I joined her, perhaps that'd add a bit of incentive.
  3. Lastly: It's turned into a bit of a hobby. For example Last night I bought a Tobeco Super Tank Mini. It can take Atlantis and Trident coils. There's an RBA for the Trident. So I bought the TSTM, an Atlantis coil and the Triton RBA kit, just to see how it would work out.
Same reason I bought an iTaste VV4 for the Protank 3 Mini I had, and put an AC base for the latter on my Christmas wish list. Experimentation.

I have utterly zero desire for nicotine. Do not need. Do not want.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I'll answer that...the reason that people who don't like massive air draws and super sub -ohm builds is because......they are flavor junkies and cloud chasing attys and builds aren't the best set ups for flavor chasing....they do it because it is a style of vaping that is more reminisent of cigar or cigarette smoking...they do it because they find cotton is not the best wick for flavor and don't like using it, I even read about this vaper whose actually allergic to cotton......they don't cloud chase because they don't like the idea of consuming massive quanities of juice either for financial reasons or because they think it may be an uneccessary health risk.....those are some of the reasons.
That reply makes complete sense. But that's not the way I use my vape, so I'm going to continue believing that everyone else is doing it wrong.

/sarcasm

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I vape 0 nic.

I quit smoking nearly 5-1/2 years ago. Picked up vaping a few weeks ago. Two reasons I started, and a third that hooked me:
  1. I've had a hellua time keeping the weight under control since I quit smoking. It's an oral thing, I expect. I thought vaping might be a more healthy way than smoking to get my grazing under control.
  2. My wife hasn't managed to quit smoking, tho she'd like to. She's tried. Now she's trying vaping. I figured if I joined her, perhaps that'd add a bit of incentive.
  3. Lastly: It's turned into a bit of a hobby. For example Last night I bought a Tobeco Super Tank Mini. It can take Atlantis and Trident coils. There's an RBA for the Trident. So I bought the TSTM, an Atlantis coil and the Trident RBA kit, just to see how it would work out.
Same reason I bought an iTaste VV4 for the Protank 3 Mini I had, and put an AC base for the latter on my Christmas wish list. Experimentation.

I have utterly zero desire for nicotine. Do not need. Do not want.
Are you sure it's Trident? I never heard of a Trident tank, only a Trident RDA. Could it be you're thinking of the Triton?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
While I see your point, and agree somewhat. I have a different take on this. I get my pleasure from the feeling of inhaling said cloud. That was also the hook, in smoking cigarettes. I simply enjoyed the way it felt on the inhale.

I don't do huge clouds like we see so often in videos. But, they're big enough that people have commented on the amount of vapor produced. And this may be my downfall as I try to quit vaping. I've been vaping 2mg Nic for the past 2 weeks now, and only a slight decrease in juice usage.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to put everything down, in the end. That is my goal.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I see your point, and agree somewhat. I have a different take on this. I get my pleasure from the feeling of inhaling said cloud. That was also the hook, in smoking cigarettes. I simply enjoyed the way it felt on the inhale.

I don't do huge clouds like we see so often in videos. But, they're big enough that people have commented on the amount of vapor produced. And this may be my downfall as I try to quit vaping. I've been vaping 2mg Nic for the past 2 weeks now, and only a slight decrease in juice usage.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to put everything down, in the end. That is my goal.
I get that.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
see i dont get 2 things

1. How the fuck do i get the same amount of flavor i do using a crown with a .5 coil at 55watts without the amount of clouds it produces????
Ive asked before, never seem to get a real answer.
SO ive kinda felt I am stuck in the clouds to get the flavor I want

2. Why hasnt this thread died and gone away yet??

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
see i dont get 2 things

1. How the fuck do i get the same amount of flavor i do using a crown with a .5 coil at 55watts without the amount of clouds it produces????

That's my point too Matt, clouds and flavor go hand in hand and everybody accepts that except a few posts in this thread....not worth wasting our time debating with folks who think otherwise... We know, and that's all that counts,

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
see i dont get 2 things

You have to use something other than a Mc Nugget tank...like a genny...

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can remember when cloud chasing started...a bunch of guys in the phillipinies were starting to build double,even triple coils in their drippers with silica and bombing out this huge clouds....It was amussing,but just kind of silly.

Is somebody forcing you to blow clouds against your will? Perhaps they percieve your over abundance of hot air.

You don't like it, don't do it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok i looked at the genny thread and view photos

I take it a genny is the juice on bottom some osrt of wicking material sticks out of teh tank and then you wrap a coil around that.

Actually looks ingenious to me

So why arent the more dominant in the market?
What stops them form being sub ohm?
and i see all this talk of ceramic wicking on a genny, is ceramic actually ok to vape? or is it those who use it HOPE its ok to vape.
Can you only use this ceramic wicks in gennys or can you use other more traditional materials

And besides the juice flow what makes this better for flavor versus other atomizers

Davect06607

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally couldn't name you 5 juices I've ever had that tasted exactly like the description. One is on oculus by northern lights. I'm a connoisseur of cereal and that taste exactly like a bowl of fruity pebbles. Ohm hit wonder muffin man tasted exactly like a cinnamon apple muffin until it steeped for a while. Too sweet then. After that it's a toss up for me.

+1 on the occulus, their $100 apple pie is spot on as well.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@puslevape is the genny king, I've tried them and the vape is phenomenal, my issue is no matter what I've had them leak because its essentially an rdta with the tank underneath and anehickmdipping into it. hence a hole.
Being that I'm in a chair and a mod on my lap all day, I was always wearing juice. I've been told that can be fixed. just don't know how.
Additionally, the airflow on most was restrictive. granted that can be drilled out and may have been a victim of the times.

As to ceramic, its fine to vape and was used even before cotton. If not ceramic they would use stqinless steel rope that was torched until it was nonconductive.
Ceramic is also used as 'readyxwick' and is a good wicking material since it regulates heat and can be burned off and reused.

I take it a genny is the juice on bottom some osrt of wicking material sticks out of teh tank and then you wrap a coil around that.

and i see all this talk of ceramic wicking on a genny, is ceramic actually ok to vape? or is it those who use it HOPE its ok to vape.
Can you only use this ceramic wicks in gennys or can you use other more traditional materials

And besides the juice flow what makes this better for flavor versus other atomizers

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
see i dont get 2 things

How can I get flavor at 55 watts? After 30, Graham Crust taste like toast to me. At 18 watts, the cloud production on my Kanger is heavy enough to block my view when driving.

I've come to the conclusion, vapor production is a myth. As I was getting great vapor production at 1.2ohm and 8 watts.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well to all those who gave thoughtfull and intelligent feedback ..thanks alot...to those who got defensive and angry...sorry wasn't trying to offend you...most cloud chasers I know are very very cool people and i enjoy spending time with them...and admire their coil building skills, ...as for the Mcnugget tanks ...them I don't get.
Is somebody forcing you to blow clouds against your will? Perhaps they percieve your over abundance of hot air.

You don't like it, don't do it.
you're silly...and I don't do it anymore....

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@puslevape is the genny king, I've tried them and the vape is phenomenal, my issue is no matter what I've had them leak because its essentially an rdta with the tank underneath and anehickmdipping into it. hence a hole.
Being that I'm in a chair and a mod on my lap all day, I was always wearing juice. I've been told that can be fixed. just don't know how.
Additionally, the airflow on most was restrictive. granted that can be drilled out and may have been a victim of the times.

As to ceramic, its fine to vape and was used even before cotton. If not ceramic they would use stqinless steel rope that was torched until it was nonconductive.
Ceramic is also used as 'readyxwick' and is a good wicking material since it regulates heat and can be burned off and reused.
not no genny king...just a typical genhead.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so recommend a well built, easy to build on, no leaky and cheap genny

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

they are more difficult to build, and most drippers would get fustrated trying to learn to build them right and throw them in the garbge, usually you don't use a cotton wick.and the good ones are more expensive
nothing stops them from being sub-ohm except how much juice you can get to the coil...I can vape a .6 coil, but the lowest I enjoy them at is .8 .9 they aren't the ideal atty for cloud cashing the air flow is usually small anywhere from 1.2 mm to 1.5 mm, but some have a larger adjustable airflow, and some are made to be dual wick and have larger airholes, but the idea is to chase flavor not clouds and so by a drippers standards the airflow is quite small.
what makes them better for flavor chasing is the design of the atty the smaller airflow and the materials used for the wick.
the most common wick is a stainless steel mesh that is rolled into a tube and the wire is wrapped around the tube of mesh....
porous or rigid ceramic is an unusual genny wick and not used by most people it is very very fragile, more expensive than mesh, but it is without question the wick that gives the cleanest flavor...it is thought to be very safe, but then who knows.....and then some people use cotton in their gennys....these people are shunned and ridiculed, children chase them and throw garbage t them, women refuse to have sex with them, no one will hire them...they usually wind up poor, alone, and despised.....and eventually most times take their own lives.......

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so recommend a well built, easy to build on, no leaky and cheap genny
almost all genheads were forced to become genny users because at the time it was the only type of atty with a tank, and they either found dripping tedious or wanted the convinence of a tank....if you don't build your own coils I'd suggest you get a tank that is rebuildable and see if you enjoy building coils, or get a dripper and see if you like building cool wire and coils....if you do then you may want to move up to a genny...if you find building a pain in the ass you'd rather not deal with .....leave them alone.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In as much as vaping started off as a more healthy alternative to smoking and deliver nicotine, and that vaping was trying to mimic the experince of smoking...where'd we go so horribely wrong.......

Alright, iI'll take the bait. Mimic the experience of smoking, eh? Yeah, I remember back in the day I was smoking a snickerdoodle cookie and my buddy was smoking fruit loops and we used to swap back and forth with a girl who smoked key lime pie. Sound about right? Funny how you can deviate as far as you want from traditional smoking and nobody cares unless you blow a cloud, then all hell breaks lose.

IS somebody trying to force you to blow clouds? If not, than why do you care? You can vape at 5 watts if you want to for all I care. Do you need a pep talk or something? You need to be assured that you're a good vaper even though you don't blow clouds? You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like your little clouds. Did that work? If so print it out for the next time you see someone vaping differently than you.

My job is done here. I'm off to ask a fat person why they eat a whole pie when they could get the same flavor from one slice.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yea i know
i hated the rba deck on my kanger

i have a crius fro xmas
so im gonna give it a try first

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yea i know
i hated the rba deck on my kanger

i have a crius fro xmas
so im gonna give it a try first
Did you have the v1 or v2 deck?

Hole on the bottom (v1) or holes on the sides (v2).

I've never built on the v1, but the v2 is ridiculously easy to build IMO.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i had both
easy to build on ? YES
but getting it to work with Ti - NOPE which is why I was trying it. The ohms would never be right no matter what. ANd the few times i did work it wouldlast for maybe a tank then it would be messed up. Chalked it up to being an inferior product for build any kind of coil. IMHO the subtank rba was designed to work well with a basic coil made of kanthal. So now I have decided ot get something meant for building coils to learn coil building on

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, iI'll take the bait. Mimic the experience of smoking, eh? Yeah, I remember back in the day I was smoking a snickerdoodle cookie and my buddy was smoking fruit loops and we used to swap back and forth with a girl who smoked key lime pie. Sound about right? Funny how you can deviate as far as you want from traditional smoking and nobody cares unless you blow a cloud, then all hell breaks lose.

IS somebody trying to force you to blow clouds? If not, than why do you care? You can vape at 5 watts if you want to for all I care. Do you need a pep talk or something? You need to be assured that you're a good vaper even though you don't blow clouds? You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like your little clouds. Did that work? If so print it out for the next time you see someone vaping differently than you.

My job is done here. I'm off to ask a fat person why they eat a whole pie when they could get the same flavor from one slice.
No nobody is forcing me I'm just wondering why people still do it....at first it was like hey check this out what can we make these thing do this cool shit, and I love the builds I'm just asking why we still do it...try not being so defensive ...I mean really if every person who didn't vape below .6 went as ape shit as you everytime some numbnut with a kennedy called us "tootlepuffers" whatever the fuck that is...it'd be crazy, but hey we don't stress it....I mean i've never seen anybody get all ratched up like you over being called a dismissive and demeaning term as "tootlepuffer"....I'm just asking what is the allure....is it the feeling in the lungs, is it the mouth feel...is it how the nicotine hits, is it the novelty of the cloud size is it going to competitons(I'm trying to start a "tootlepuffer competition" at our local vape shop....although I haven't figured out how we decide who WINS ...or what we win...or why we want to win)

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't cloud chase
I flavor chase....
Cloud chasing is old...

VAPE ON

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No nobody is forcing me I'm just wondering why people still do it....at first it was like hey check this out what can we make these thing do this cool shit, and I love the builds I'm just asking why we still do it...try not being so defensive ...I mean really if every person who didn't vape below .6 went as ape shit as you everytime some numbnut with a kennedy called us "tootlepuffers" whatever the fuck that is...it'd be crazy, but hey we don't stress it....I mean i've never seen anybody get all ratched up like you over being called a dismissive and demeaning term as "tootlepuffer"....I'm just asking what is the allure....is it the feeling in the lungs, is it the mouth feel...is it how the nicotine hits, is it the novelty of the cloud size is it going to competitons(I'm trying to start a "tootlepuffer competition" at our local vape shop....although I haven't figured out how we decide who WINS ...or what we win...or why we want to win)
Ape shit? Me? Lol. From that?

Tootle puffer was a name created by tootle puffers. They didn't invent it to demean themselves.

Now, as for me, I'm not a cloud chaser. Some people would call me one, but clod chasers wouldn't. I got 3 builds going mg right now. .12 duals on a dual battery mech, .19 duals on a tube mech, and .39 duals in the Russian 3.0 on a VW mod at 40 watts. I like all 3, that's why I vape them. I actually get a similar vape experience off all 3 even though the power varies by nearly 60 watts at the most extreme.

I go for flavor, temp, and intensity (can't really explain it any better than intensity) and that's why I vape that way. BUT.... that wasn't really my point. My point is if this is supposed to mimic smoking, let's get on everyone that isn't vaping tobacco or menthol from a cig-a-like. A guy vaping a Cuban cigar juice at .06 ohms and creating storm systems with the clouds is no further removed from mimicking smoking than someone vaping peanut butter cup in a genesis at 10 watts. We don't smoke any more. We vape. It is and should be different.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's an interesting issue.
'Mimic smoking' I haven't even thought of vaping as being similar to smoking since cigalikes didn't work for me over 2 years ago. I considered it 'Replacing' now I just think of it as a totally different act.
-fyi, I smoked Belgian waffles.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
'Mimic smoking' I haven't even thought of vaping as being similar to smoking since cigalikes didn't work for me over 2 years ago. I considered it 'Replacing' now I just think of it as a totally different act.
excellent point....have we morphed into something way beyond a smoking cessation tool....personaly I vape to mimic smoking

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ape shit? Me? Lol. From that?

Tootle puffer was a name created by tootle puffers. They didn't invent it to demean themselves.

Now, as for me, I'm not a cloud chaser. Some people would call me one, but clod chasers wouldn't. I got 3 builds going mg right now. .12 duals on a dual battery mech, .19 duals on a tube mech, and .39 duals in the Russian 3.0 on a VW mod at 40 watts. I like all 3, that's why I vape them. I actually get a similar vape experience off all 3 even though the power varies by nearly 60 watts at the most extreme.

I go for flavor, temp, and intensity (can't really explain it any better than intensity) and that's why I vape that way. BUT.... that wasn't really my point. My point is if this is supposed to mimic smoking, let's get on everyone that isn't vaping tobacco or menthol from a cig-a-like. A guy vaping a Cuban cigar juice at .06 ohms and creating storm systems with the clouds is no further removed from mimicking smoking than someone vaping peanut butter cup in a genesis at 10 watts. We don't smoke any more. We vape. It is and should be different.
no I never heard anyone I know refer to themselves as a tootlepuffer...who in their right mind would.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no I never heard anyone I know refer to themselves as a tootlepuffer...who in their right mind would.
excellent point....have we morphed into something way beyond a smoking cessation tool....personaly I vape to mimic smoking
Yeah I think for alot of us we have.
I can hang out with smokers all day and font crave one. I'll try and take a drag once in a blue moon just because and it disgusts me. The draw is WAYY TOO TIGHT FOR ME. And even when im using a tootlepuffer setup I vape 1.5 or 0 Nic. Granted I only vape that tootlepuffer when im not feeling well. But I vape far different than I ever smoked

Actually I've heard and seen it alot in the ecf prorape subforum.
I didn't think they made it jp themselves though, its too clever. I thought it was made up by hard-core Mech users to make fun of them.

Personally, I am kind of over the animosity over vape styles. Its pointless. Alot more hobbyists enjoy all styles depending on mood. That's why we Build up large collections.

Last edited:

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I vaped and smoked for a couple years, then eventually I quit smoking altogether when my gear got better. I haven't had a cigarette in 3 years now, and the vaping is responsible for that. I have a buddy who still uses Vivi Novas and vapes at 7 watts. No idea how that works for him, but it does so good for him. He would probably hack up a lung if he tried to vape one of my rigs.

I thought of myself as a smoker for awhile after I quit, but now I don't even think I would start back to smoking even if my vape products got banned. It's totally foreign to me now, and the addiction to nic is different for me now. I can go hours without vaping if i had to and while I get a craving, it's not so much a compulsion as it is a desire now.

VU Sponsors