Become a Patron!

Why hasn't cloud chasing just....died by now.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having an opinion is one thing, shitting on someone else for theirs is something else completely.
I been through all the evolutions of vaping, started out with v2 cigalikes then on to cartos, then ego etc etc. Its def not about smoking cessation anymore, it hasnt been for years.... now ita about building as fancy a coil i can and ramping up the watts on it and ripping through clouds... the bigger the better... in fact i cant get flavor if its not on the tail of a massive cloud anymore. People say flavor chase, like its different, imo there is no flavor with no cloud.
So the reason why is self explanatory. Same reason why people have a drink of coke, become vegetarians, listen to certain genres of music, dress certain ways, its the reason behind everything humans do, its cause we feel like it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
There's no flavor without clouds?????that's ridiculous.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's no flavor without clouds?????that's ridiculous.
No its not...for me I get awesome flavor with my thick clouds... but I'm not into debating with you about it.... which simply means I'm out of here! Lolololo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also really love the heirachy some see. I was at Sao coffee shop yesterday with my vaporshark dna200 and was using a crius.
Someone with am ipv3and smok tfv4 asked me what I was using.
So I told him, then he asked why I was 'still' on that and I should graduate to a smok. Hahahahahaha- I had to look for the hidden ecf camera.
I mean really? What happened to just being happy someone else is a vapor.
fucking vaping has always been plauged with fads...

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Speaking fn new stuff. I tested the Kangertech NEBOX, It vapes well, but I think it is going to have leakage issues.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloud chasing and subohm aren't the same IMO. I can see where subohm has it's place for a quicker drag rather than sucking on a drip tip for a full ten seconds.

But cloud chasing is a fad. Whenever what gear you're sporting, as in the latest and "greatest", gives a person a sense of pride it's no different than having to have this years Air Jordans on your feet or if the 12's in your Sentra rattle your window.

The fad will die as all fads do. Some just take longer.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
quality of flavor is more dependent on atty design and the wick you use...more than how much electicity you can pump through a coil.
I don't disagree with that and that was never my point. I just stated clouds and flavor go hand in hand. You can't have one with out the other. It's like saying you can have rain without clouds.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloud chasing and subohm aren't the same IMO. I can see where subohm has it's place for a quicker drag rather than sucking on a drip tip for a full ten seconds.

But cloud chasing is a fad. Whenever what gear you're sporting, as in the latest and "greatest", gives a person a sense of pride it's no different than having to have this years Air Jordans on your feet or if the 12's in your Sentra rattle your window.

The fad will die as all fads do. Some just take longer.
I don't know man..it's been around along time...I think it's always gonna hold a fascination for some people....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't disagree with that and that was never my point. I just stated clouds and flavor go hand in hand. You can't have one with out the other. It's like saying you can have rain without clouds.
big clouds don't equal good flavor

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Speaking fn new stuff. I tested the Kangertech NEBOX, It vapes well, but I think it is going to have leakage issues.
The thing i'm not a fan of with the nebox is the tank isn't replaceable and isn't even glass. So if you unknowingly put a tank cracker in it your done. Now what's got my eye is the kanger 120w tc box. For 36$ I mean how could you go wrong.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
actually as far as new stuff that ceravape tank with three ceramic wicks in it caught my eye.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know man..it's been around along time...I think it's always gonna hold a fascination for some people....

Sure it will. But now it's rare for me to hear a car rattle on every bass beat. Making a cloud is pretty easy. It's not like it takes a great deal of skill. People will get bored with it pretty quick and move on to other things. There's just not much left to do with a mod and/or atty to make the "latest and greatest".

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not a cloud chaser but I don't tootle puff either.
High resistance mtl just doesn't do it for me, not satisfying. I still crave stinkies when throwin back some brews with buddies that still smoke.

The thick vapor from a rda or the newer subohm tanks is what I NEED to not light up a smoke.

Increased vapor allows me to run a lower nic level giving my juice more flavor. I guess you can turn it up and bring a weather system into the living room and drastically reduce flavor but you can dial in a temp control device to give you a great balance between cloud and flavor.

But I do think the cloudz bro mentality is fading a bit. You do see it in public on occasion but it doesn't seem to be as often as even 6 months ago.
I don't really see it talked about as often in this forum either. There used to be a new thread every day asking what setup to get for clouds... now it's every other day :D

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
fucking vaping has always been plauged with fads...
it has been, and I'm guilty of debating one atty vs another online, usually in reference to a vaping style.
in the real world, it kind of shocked me. it was like ecf came to life.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it has been, and I'm guilty of debating one atty vs another online, usually in reference to a vaping style.
in the real world, it kind of shocked me. it was like ecf came to life.
you know back when people were dropping 150.00-180.00 for an atty ..that's a bit of change and some debate was helpful now you can buy 4 of these Mc Nugget tanks for that...you can try them all out.You spend close to 200.00 on an atty you want to hear all the debate you can and as many opinions as you can,ans how to hell the fad buyers didn't buy the whole run out before you made up your mind.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not a cloud chaser but I don't tootle puff either.
High resistance mtl just doesn't do it for me, not satisfying. I still crave stinkies when throwin back some brews with buddies that still smoke.

The thick vapor from a rda or the newer subohm tanks is what I NEED to not light up a smoke.

Increased vapor allows me to run a lower nic level giving my juice more flavor. I guess you can turn it up and bring a weather system into the living room and drastically reduce flavor but you can dial in a temp control device to give you a great balance between cloud and flavor.

But I do think the cloudz bro mentality is fading a bit. You do see it in public on occasion but it doesn't seem to be as often as even 6 months ago.
I don't really see it talked about as often in this forum either. There used to be a new thread every day asking what setup to get for clouds... now it's every other day :D
I've always found big clouds are big air, and they tend to be airy clouds and not to chewy dense clouds.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you know back when people were dropping 150.00-180.00 for an atty ..that's a bit of change and some debate was helpful now you can buy 4 of these Mc Nugget tanks for that...you can try them all out.
hahaha that's true but usually the debate was welcome and was a question and answer. It was also more geared towards the style of vaping.
I wouldn't debate a kayfun vs an aqua because of the difference in vape style whereas a kayfun vs a squape both have a similar vape.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
big clouds don't equal good flavor

Hey, pv - Yer gettin' jumped because you asked for opinions then your telling people they're wrong.

I don't deliberately blow clouds, but t happens when sub-ohming at even moderate wattage; 40 to 50 watts, f'rinstance. The clouds come with the flavor and flavor with clouds. When you quit smoking, your sense of taste improves. Vapor tastes great and the better we get at DIY, the better the flavor. You'll see! :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hahaha that's true but usually the debate was welcome and was a question and answer. It was also more geared towards the style of vaping.
I wouldn't debate a kayfun vs an aqua because of the difference in vape style whereas a kayfun vs a squape both have a similar vape.
yep, and I've had buddies swear by both...I have a buddy who must own a dozen kayfuns.....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, pv - Yer gettin' jumped because you asked for opinions then your telling people they're wrong.

I don't deliberately blow clouds, but t happens when sub-ohming at even moderate wattage; 40 to 50 watts, f'rinstance. The clouds come with the flavor and flavor with clouds. When you quit smoking, your sense of taste improves. Vapor tastes great and the better we get at DIY, the better the flavor. You'll see! :)
I thought I asked you to save your advice for more desrving and sympathtic souls? See the thing is that you guys who love to suck on limp wicks forget or don't know that there are other ways of vaping....there are no limp wick set ups that can deliver the quality of flavor a genny with a SSmesh wick can....and none can begin to touch the quality of flavor a porous ceramic wick in a genny...these types of attys and wicks don't blow huge clouds they deliver stellar flavor cloud size and flavor don't go hand in hand. please in future restrain yourself from communicating with me.....it always makes me feel like I need a shower afterwards.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everyone knows gennys are unparalleled in flavor, no one gives a shit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 'bigger clouds = more flavor/satisfaction', while maybe true for some, isn't a very good idea either. More cake gives more flavor/satisfaction for some people too. But it has consequences. It very well could be that more vapor has it's own life altering consequences.

To each their own though.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 'bigger clouds = more flavor/satisfaction', while maybe true for some, isn't a very good idea either. More cake gives more flavor/satisfaction for some people too. But it has consequences. It very well could be that more vapor has it's own life altering consequences.

To each their own though.
This is my major concern...and a thought that I've mulled over....I take my nic up to a level that doesn't change the flavor of the juice too much and can give me a satisfying vape...I gotta think vaping huge clouds of either pg or vg is not the best idea.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yep, and I've had buddies swear by both...I have a buddy who must own a dozen kayfuns.....
I have as well, ive owned or own, most rta's that have hit the market.
about the only thing I haven't done is a genny but not for any other reason than I don't trust them not to leak and my mod is practically always on its side.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my major concern...and a thought that I've mulled over....I take my nic up to a level that doesn't change the flavor of the juice too much and can give me a satisfying vape...I gotta think vaping huge clouds of either pg or vg is not the best idea.

I agree. Everything in moderation. On the bright side, I inhale 5ml a day and some are inhaling 30ml a day so I know I shouldn't need to worry as much until the high volume vapers start tipping over. :p

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. Everything in moderation. On the bright side, I inhale 5ml a day and some are inhaling 30ml a day so I know I shouldn't need to worry as much until the high volume vapers start tipping over. :p
LOL.....30 ml jesus christ.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have as well, ive owned or own, most rta's that have hit the market.
about the only thing I haven't done is a genny but not for any other reason than I don't trust them not to leak and my mod is practically always on its side.
did you ever own the rose v2 that thing looked real inviting and had a good rep, as did the ubertoot.....I had a kayfun for awhile, but it just wasn't my cup of tea...damn good atty though.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chubby boy with small penis and lots of tatoos thinks big clouds will get him laid
It's so funny how someone thinks one has a small dick because they enjoy something you don't. I've seen it with cars, trucks, guns, etc and now vaping for Gods sake. What it is with y'all and penis infatuations? Serious question. Do the ladies that like to chuck clouds have small tiddies? Loose vag's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I asked you to save your advice for more desrving and sympathtic souls? See the thing is that you guys who love to suck on limp wicks forget or don't know that there are other ways of vaping....there are no limp wick set ups that can deliver the quality of flavor a genny with a SSmesh wick can....and none can begin to touch the quality of flavor a porous ceramic wick in a genny...these types of attys and wicks don't blow huge clouds they deliver stellar flavor cloud size and flavor don't go hand in hand. please in future restrain yourself from communicating with me.....it always makes me feel like I need a shower afterwards.
Another penis reference. Sheesh, man. Just go have some butt sex and get it out of your system

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's so funny how someone thinks one has a small dick because they enjoy something you don't. I've seen it with cars, trucks, guns, etc and now vaping for Gods sake. What it is with y'all and penis infatuations? Serious question. Do the ladies that like to chuck clouds have small tiddies? Loose vag's?

dude you're taking this outta context...it was two guys ribbing ech other.....he was rigging me for being old and and I was ribbing him for being a punk.....but don't worry about it I;m sure your girlfriend is telling you the truth when she says size doesn't matter.....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another penis reference. Sheesh, man. Just go have some butt sex and get it out of your system

sorry dude..what can I tell you..dick,dick.dick I just can't get it off my mind...awww just kidding don't let it make you uncomfortable.go to your safe space.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
did you ever own the rose v2 that thing looked real inviting and had a good rep, as did the ubertoot.....I had a kayfun for awhile, but it just wasn't my cup of tea...damn good atty though.
NO, I got to ty an authentic rose v2 and it was just too tight for me. even for me to mtl it was tight, the flavor was very nice though, it was a little it more flavor than my aqua 2 or erlkoenigin

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dude you're taking this outta context...it was two guys ribbing ech other.....he was rigging me for being old and and I was ribbing him for being a punk.....but don't worry about it I;m sure your girlfriend is telling you the truth when she says size doesn't matter.....
Again

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sorry dude..what can I tell you..dick,dick.dick I just can't get it off my mind...awww just kidding don't let it make you uncomfortable.go to your safe space.
Uh huh.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its stupid as well, and cloud blowing contests are stupid to me as well....BUT...to each their own, and if you like it/love it, then more power to you.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used to have "vapers tongue" using the smaller pens/low wattage setups. Now since I'm "blowing clouds" at higher wattages, that no longer happens. I can't say clouds equal flavor, but it equals me always tasting my juice

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now you're creeping me out

so did you grow up in a sort of calvanistic house where your mommy slapped your hand as little boy for scratching yourslef there...or are you just one of those guys that has to fill out a legal form to have sex with his girlfriend.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NO, I got to ty an authentic rose v2 and it was just too tight for me. even for me to mtl it was tight, the flavor was very nice though, it was a little it more flavor than my aqua 2 or erlkoenigin
did you ever try the ubertoot.or the taifun

VU Sponsors