Become a Patron!

Why do store owners jack up prices?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure if this is where to put this. But I know a lot of people like to shop online like myself. I hate going to stores. I'd rather jump on my motorcycle and go chill out. So after the first vape setup I bought a few months back. I felt like I got screwed in my mind. Store just wanted money. This is with any business. So a few weeks ago I went to go buy juice at the same shop. Just juice nothing else since it's less than a half mile from my house. I'm waiting for them to mix my juice and I see the Subox mini for first time. I'm like wow that's sexy And ask guy how much. He says $100. I'm like shit that what the last POS you guys sold me cost and it sucked. So I think let me check online see reviews and pricing. It got great reviews and pricing was anywhere from $50 to $80 at most. So I actually ordered one online for $55. So I think why the heck would you dirt bags charge way more when there is online. So whatever get back to that point in a sec. So I'm listening to radio and find out that there is a new shop about 5 miles from my house. I emailed shop to get some info on the different juices they carry and pricing. The owner actually called which was interesting and talked to me for about 15min. Told me about all they had and come by to see/taste different flavors. So I just asked hey curious what you guys charge for Subox. He says oh it's only $100. I said oh ok, he said why you looking for one. I told him I already ordered and he asked if I don't mind telling how much. So I told him. His reply was what. That's impossible. Kept asking me from where so I told him. He said you know if u were to buy from me best I could do was $70 and that he paid 49.99 wholesale. I think that bs as far as I ran a business for over 9yrs before I get my awesome job now. But I know u get great pricing as a dealer and how much product you buy from that vendor. So anyway. I went to store to try juices and bought a couple. The young kid behind the counter seemed to me like he didn't wanna be bothered Til we said we might want to buy a mod. Funny thing is he made a comment about paying for customer service after I said $100 is a lot for the Subox and I just got it cheaper online. I laughed and the owner said oh if I didn't have overhead and just do online business then I can do better prices. My question to you guys the consumer. Would you rather pay way more locally or save money online? To me it ain't like your saving a little. Your saving a lot online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I sometimes go to local B$M franchise to get something but only when I have to. They told me they have a online store I need to ck out so I did. Well after reviewing the prices I was surprised to see there online prices were the same as the store prices (high). So I contacted them on line and told them that there online prices were just to high if they planned on doing any good that they were going to have to lower there prices before I was going to do any business with them. I never herd back from them lol. I do 99% of my business online for ecigs I kind of like getting the package in the mail just like I did when I was a kid lol. I have my online stores sorted out who sells what cheap and the fast seems to work for me.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup. Exactly. Not trying to bash any type of business but the way technology is today. Why not as a business owner save on overhead and do online

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Many online vaping businesses can be run out of a garage or the owner's basement which keeps the overhead low.

B&Ms on the other hand have to pay the rent, electricity and HVAC cost plus pay employees.

The better ones will have their prices about 30% higher than the best price you can find online. They will also have very knowledgeable employees that can teach skills like wrapping coils and safely building RTAs and RTAs and the like. They will also stand behind their merchandise better than many online places offering the same device at a really low cost. Heck, I even know of one place that charges the batteries that they sell so when you purchase one you can just pop it in your device and are good to go.

And then there are the others that will do their best to skin you alive with prices double than what you can get online.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree with the 30% price increase. Absolutely. Like I said I understand the whole overhead thing. Just trying to see how you can go to a 40%-50% jump from online to local and expect to stay in business. I'm at point where I check online first before anything on anything I buy or want to buy. The places I've been to are ok for customer service but don't really jump thru hoops to get you to come back

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's like RJ said. B&M stores do have all of that overhead. They kind of rely on people in need of something in a hurry or new vapers. Some stores can he really good and helpful and you can hang out and make some good friends there. Online is always cheaper in most cases. That's the power of the internet ! To do research and get the best price !

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A lot of people are getting into vaping business who have no experience with running a business.
They may be simply bad at running a business and got themselves into a hole right off (which is easy even for those with experience, everyone comes around looking to dip in business pockets), their lack of experience had them leap into business without figuring out a good supplier or they think their customers are suckers.
Our last local was like that. I tried to support them where I could but no I'm not paying 300% over what I could pay at FastTech. If I can run a store by ordering from FT there's something wrong.
Now that a new name has taken over I think their problem was they got tied into a bad supplier. Too many levels of markup. (Sounds like your guy if he was honest about the price of the mod.)

The new place I go to is much more reasonable. I may pay a few dollars over online prices not a few hundred percent.
Their business model has my money (they're also SFATA members and push CASAA which helps). Make less markup but make more sales, that's smart business.
I will pay a little more for local because once FDA rulings come down ecigs could easily be included in PACT which would add about $30 to the shipping costs each time at least for liquid. It's good to have a good local vape shop.

I've seen the bad business people in online forums justifying the price of liquids. They think they get to markup every little cost they can imagine and no it doesn't work like that. You don't get to markup the bottles required to sell your liquid, you don't get to markup your rent and electricity. But these bad business people think you do and will have to learn the hard way.
If you decide to pay for a high rent district you don't charge more, you make up your high rent in volume.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just any business in general whether it be an auto dealer to a vape shop to a coffee shop. Why would I pay sticker for a car at the dealer when they have dealers fighting with each other online for your business. It's like yea you just made 50 dollars profit on me but guess what you just lost me as a customer and who ever else I told not to go to your store, dealer, etc. also the online market has yelp and Google+ and other review sites. So it's more than word of mouth now. Not just people in your area know about your shop but people in the world

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mr Mayhem good post , I have often thought about the same thing . There is a lot of profit in juice , and profit is not a bad word . Some store owners must take the stance that if the other guy is making 30 bucks on this item why shouldn't they . Others are starting to see that they can sell 2 or 3 and make 30 bucks each , why not sell 50 and make 10 bucks each . Why pay the help to wait on 8 customers a day ,when it cost the same to wait on 80 people a day . I think as time goes on , others will notice that it is not about price , but customer count , that brings in the bucks .

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks a lot. Exactly. The place near my house. Makes it own juice. Now it was only place close before the other shop opened. The original shop only carried their own juice. No name brand stuff so I was limited. It was only there juice and that's it. Couple days ago I went in cuz I heard that they started carrying space jam, jimmy the juice man, gush, etc. so I went in and picked up peachy strawberry by jimmy. And I awesome 30ml $18 bucks cool. This should last me a couple days so I asked the owner hey how much are you selling your stuff for now. He told me the same prices as when it was just his juice being sold. I gave him this look and said yea just give me these name brand stuff for cheaper. So now he will sit on his shit cuz the other stuff is the same if not less expensive and taste better from experience. Idk if he gets that hey if I sell my 15ml for 5 and my 30 for 10 and so on I can move more of mine while still selling name brand stuff and still be making a killer profit on my own juice. I don't get it

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What bothers me about the inflation is that the stores around me don't even bother to check the online prices.
Online gear prices drop significantly and rapidly so the in store prices should reflect that.
one store nearby is still selling the sig150 for $120 and the original kbox for $70....o_O

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And shit is they would be insulted if u said hey I can get this online for this price and ur selling it for this price. That's crazy part. Ur suppose to support them when they can't run there business right.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny part is I put a similar topic on another forum and was told I'm someone who wants something for free. I said not at all if I want something bad enough I will pay top Dollar but when vape products or a product in general are a dime a dozen. U want best deals. If anyone can tell me what's difference between McDonald's and Wendy's or Home Depot and lowes. See what I'm getting at everyone has something u want but don't think ur only game in town.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I look at it this way: B&M's can charge what ever they want. As a customer, I'm going to research a bit and also help educate other vapers locally. When you can save 50% or more by shopping online, it's a no brainer. Of the dozen's of B&M's local to me, I will only go to 2 of them because they are reasonable with pricing and quite knowledgeable. At one crappy shop I no longer patronize, a shop attendant had young woman all patsied up to purchase a mech, batteries, charger, and dripper for $200. All she wanted was a simple starter kit. While the prick shop attendant was serving another customer she came up to me and asked if I thought the set up was a good deal. I told her no, it was really expensive and not what she was asking for. She ended up going to one of the vape stores I suggested and bought an Ego One Mega kit for $65. She texted me to thank me and said she was totally happy with the setup with 1 ohm coil heads. The super jerk store attendant failed to listen and understand that not all people want to blow monster clouds nor pay through the ass for setups that are beyond their technical understanding.

What is so cool about VU is that beginning vapers can come here and get a basic understanding of vaping and some ideas on beginners rigs. Advanced vapers can get suggestions on builds and making thicker, juicer clouds and the knowledge on how to DIY. The big bonus is that VU members have a huge amount of collective experience with internet sales and can steer new and experienced vapers away from being ripped off.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mr. Mayhem - Since you mentioned McDonald's, I assume you already know that their cost for a 'small' soda (16oz) is right at 20 cents (including cup/ice). Yet they charge 99 cents (in my area). That's a 400% markup!!!!!!! The french fries markup is similar. The (small) burger's markup is only around 200% but it's more on 'bigger' burgers.

Good B&M stores cannot compete with internet-only sites because they have far higher expenses. But they provide services that internet sites cannot. You can try juices before buying. You can actually see/handle/possibly try out different setups instead of relying on pictures. They are an information source. If the hardware is defective, you don't have to send it somewhere and wait days/weeks for it to be fixed. And you can be confident that you're buying authentic merchandise/batteries.

Are there bad B&M stores around? Of course. Do everyone a favor and don't patronize them - find a good one.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Absolutely. What I'm suggesting is these owners of any business need to smarten up and look at the big picture. Do u want to be in business for years or 1 yr. because u choose not to do ur own research on what customers want and only see big dollar signs at once or little ones over a long period of time.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The other side of the coin is that the vape market moves to damn fast! It's not a bad thing for consumers, but it can cause trouble to vendors.

It is true that buying whole is is the best way to get items cheaper and be able to sell them at a reasonable price. The only problem is that the minimum order quantity for some of these companies can be a little much for a small time B&M. Imagine buying 100 piece of an item and waiting a week for it to arrive from over seas, and the it being obsolete a week later. Your left with back stock of a product no one wants to touch.

So the owner of the shop is left buying smaller quantities from a reseller at a higher price to be able to stock his store with the latest and greatest each week..

Don't get me wrong I am by no means defending people who just plainly rip you off. But I do understand the markup from online shops.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Barbara. I didn't say they are all bad. So read what I said carefully. I started by saying why they charge so much and the markup U as consumer can use online for researching and price comparison. If u can find something online for let's say one dollar and ur local place is selling for 50. Ur gunna buy it because that person was nice. I ran a automotive garage for almost 10yrs I was successful by listening to what people want not by trying to rip them off. Vape stores online and in the bigger metro areas are a dime a dozen. It would be wise for longevity of there business to try and be reasonable. Quality not quantity.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The other side of the coin is that the vape market moves to damn fast! It's not a bad thing for consumers, but it can cause trouble to vendors.

It is true that buying whole is is the best way to get items cheaper and be able to sell them at a reasonable price. The only problem is that the minimum order quantity for some of these companies can be a little much for a small time B&M. Imagine buying 100 piece of an item and waiting a week for it to arrive from over seas, and the it being obsolete a week later. Your left with back stock of a product no one wants to touch.

So the owner of the shop is left buying smaller quantities from a reseller at a higher price to be able to stock his store with the latest and greatest each week..

Don't get me wrong I am by no means defending people who just plainly rip you off. But I do understand the markup from online shops.

Point taken but at the same time,they should be actlively researching current online prices and adjust theirs accordingly.
otherwise they'll end with that same ammount of stock that can only be pawned off on noobs who don't know any better. Then,said noob is going to go home,get curious and look online only to see that they've been ripped off.
there goes that repeat customer...
if they adjust accordingly they might have to come down to what they originally paid per unit but they stay out of the red and make profit on the attys, juice and batteries aswell as future sales from repeat customers.

Mayhem has a valid gripe.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh I'm not saying it's not valid. I've been to B&M were prices were ridiculous on hardware but we're incredibly reasonable on juice.

I'm saying that a B&M will never be able to compete with online sales and that's not a bad thing because they offer a lot more services than an online store ever could. But the jacking up of prices is okay if it's between 20-30% of that of online stores. Hell even 40% can be accepted on certain harder to stock items.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pancho ur right about 20% to 30% is reasonable. To me at least nothing higher and exactly they can make it up somewhere else. House made juice cost them pennies to make so them selling there own stuff for 5-6 bucks is reasonable depending on size bottle. So there is ur big markup. Bondo u hit it dead on. They should be researching there competition no matter what type of business. I constantly had to research when I was selling parts and service. Joe blow shop down the street said they would do my front brakes for example 30$ ok. I do 25$ and I throw in a free oil change for u. Because I want ur business and I want everyone u know to come to me because of my wonderful service and friendliness. I didn't make anything on the brakes but guess what. They left happy and satisfied and will tell everyone. I rather make 1 dollar little by little thru out my life then 5$ once in my life. That's good business. And I always had to compete with online and I matched it. Best I can do and they didn't have to wait for whatever they wanted to order. It's not me bashing local shops. It's me saying hey maybe u should look into price matching or even lowering price slightly so u can attract more clientele.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree 100% that 20-40% markup on gear at current market value is fair and I'd actually buy locally if for nothing more than the convenience and to support the local shops.
I rarely hit the B&Ms anymore though because it's hardly the case.

Here's the shop that still sells the sig150 for $120+tax.
http://www.zuluvape.com/sigelei-150/
It's a good shop tbh. The house juice is great,the staff is great,some of the gear is reasonably priced and it's less than a mile from my house. Unfortunately it's a branch shop out of myrtle Beach so they have no control over pricing. The staff has even complained about the prices but there's nothing they can do.

Here's another local shop.
http://www.ecigcharleston.com/category-s/122.htm
the juice is so so at best but costs just under premium prices.
The staff is mostly attractive women with twists and cartos. While there's nothing wrong with this at face value,I havn't met one that knows much outside of the twists and cartos.
the gear prices seem to be decent until you look closer and realize that the prices that seem resonable are clones. The "deal of the day" prices are for online sales only and that's a good move but it shows exactly what the in store markup is.
one last flaw....up until just recently,the best VW mod they offered was the 30w cloupor...

The shop selling the original kbox for $70 doesn't even have a website.
this is what I have to choose from within 25 miles...
We don't have any legislation currently on the books and no greedy politicians trying to sneak anti-vaping bills through(that im aware of)so it's not like some of the shops in other states that might not have a future.
why rob your customers?

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was going to open a thread about this. The local guy I go to has some high prices. 260 the sx mini, I just paid 50 piece for an istick 40 tc and a ud zephyrus. Ipv3 li about 160 and ipv4 is a little less. Telsa metal 120 is 120. Oh and I paid 50 for a mad hatter rda clone. For that price I was expecting legit.

Johnny_Ek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Every store pretty much in my area up sells like crazy and it sucks because I would like to support them but when you have free shipping and cheaper prices from the manufactures online its a no brainer.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first dripper I bought I jumped in without any research. I walked into a new vape shop and the salesman was engaging and very personable. We looked at his clones and he eventually sold me a SteamGear Vertex V2 RDA for $55.00. He set it up with a simple dual coil build and I went home happy and began enjoying it. A couple days later I found it online from a popular site for $14.99! At first I was angry but I realized I had only myself to blame. So in the weeks that followed I kept stopping by and buying a bottle of house brand juice and picked his brain for knoweledge. One day I asked about a Sig 150. He showed it to me and said "$170,...but for you $150 if you buy it today". I nodded and passed politely. Then I went home and ordered the engraved Oni Edition for $94.99 shipped!
I was in there another day and watched him sell a customer Cuttwood Boss Reserve for $28.00 for 30ml. I typically pay $22.00 from another local vape shop. I finally lost all respect for the guy when he was advertising on a wallboard the IPV4 for $225 while supplies last while you could find them online for $70 -$90.
Last I heard they were on the edge of going out of business.

Johnny_Ek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@GrayVaper Sounds like my first time lol I paid $85 for an Istick 50w and $50 for an arctic tank plus juice and coils..

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are several points to be made on this subject, to me. Im no store owner, first of all. Basically any B&M store will be more due to having rent to pay, keeping the lights on, employment costs. High priced B&Ms, however, are basically taking advantage of lack of newbies's knowledge of products being cheap online.

Pros to B&Ms:

1. Usually B&Ms sell to newbies who have no idea you can buy online for cheaper
  2. Providing in-depth customer service and guidance is another biggie.
  3. You get the product now - no waiting for shipping
  4. Many newbies are exposed to vaping by seeing the store and walking in
Cons:

1. Can buy the same items for much less online

It's a (kinda) free market economy so I say more power to any B&M. If they can sell product at 5 times their cost, legally....then hey, go for it.

The more reasonable shops can be good, though. I mean you're paying extra but you're paying that extra amount to get your item NOW, no shipping, etc. There are trade-offs.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aside from the cheap blister pack crap i bought for 21 dollars from a tobacco shop...my first and last encounter with a B&M was after i purchased my first name brand kit , the kanger evod dual starter kit..2 650mah batteries, two tanks, usb charger , wall charger and a package of 5 coils..Paid ONLY $54.00 plus tax for it...Got home and honestly liked the kit..its the kit that got me off the cigs...But when i saw on ebay the same kit selling for $28.00 and authentic at that, i have never been back to a b&m shop since then...couldve bought 2 kits basicly, for the same money.
Im all for someone making a profit but ill be damned if im gonna pay for their house also.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two shops very close to eachother. They provide competition where there previously was none, when only one shop was there.
Though, even when it was just the one shop, their prices were never more then 10 dollars more for an atty or 20 more for a device (sig 150 was 100 online, but 120 at the shop). These shops are great, though I can still get better deals online. I only buy devices from them when I fell the need to be able to bring it back for exchange if it breaks.
The place in the mall, in the same town, is easily +50% online retail price. Fuck them, they are scumbags.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I was going to mention that. Look around and you'll still find people selling 801/rn4072 (although a lot cheaper than I paid).
That's part of being with a good supplier, someone who buys the 1000+ piece lots, takes care of import fees and then distributes at a price you can be competitive with. Otherwise you end up being over priced or having to have constant clearance sales going on competing against your full priced new stuff.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I walked into a local B&M trying to pick up some wire.
I saw tons of clones all priced as high as the authentic version.
I was like WTF!?

I told the guy behind the counter this...

"I can purchase an authentic version of this clone you are offering right here for much less by purchasing online. "

Vape Shop Employee says: "well yeah you have to pay for shipping and wait for it to arrive"

I replied: "It's a good thing I have backups while I wait for my authentic products to arrive at a great price!"

Vape Shop Employee says in reply: "yeah, well uh... did you want to buy some juice, we have this new blah blah blah in"

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't want to start this post to bash business owners but I also will not pay for your house like another post said. To stay in business you need to be competitive and majority of time they are not. As far as returns. The shop closest to my house has a sign that says no exchanges or returns. It's funny a bit because when I bought my first starter kit, I had bought one for my wife also and as soon as I took out box the button was getting stuck on. I took it right back. At that point what can the owner say oh no we can't take it back. He took it back gave me another one. If it was one week ok maybe he could say no but literally half hour it was defective. That day I spent 250 on 2 shitty starter kit and 2 juices and gave me a free 15ml juice. Hahaha. Joke. Obviously it's a joke now but at first I wasn't happy. And will never buy hardware from them again. The other shop a little further. I would give a shot because he had to told me if I really wanted something he would work with me. But we will see. Talk is cheap.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 cents-It is not really any different with any other kind of merchandise, webs sales vs B&M's, be it clothing, household items, medications.
Capitalism at it's finest in most cases :)
Price unreasonably high??? Walk back out the door is what I do:)

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I do walk out. Just get my juices there. But will start ordering that online also.

Johnny_Ek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@MR. MAYHEM sh*t I cant even buy juice at the store around the corner from me anymore they up sell the juice too a $19 dollar bottle of ejuice goes for $25 plus tax it's crazy

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@MR. MAYHEM sh*t I cant even buy juice at the store around the corner from me anymore they up sell the juice too a $19 dollar bottle of ejuice goes for $25 plus tax it's crazy
Wow, thats expensive. I got sick of paying 15 dollars for 30ml, twice a week. I started making my own and now im independent from paying stupid prices.

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I personally think a B&M would be better trying to explore service angles instead of gouging on hardware and juice in this open environment. As with all businesses, they need to find a niche that truly serves the customer and makes them stand out from the crowd. Just my opinion.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree. I was paying 10 for house made juice and 12 for premium 15ml. Fuck that. I buy the 30ml jimmies for 18. Or like I will do start going to order from mt baker. I can't to much with these stores anymore.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree. I was paying 10 for house made juice and 12 for premium 15ml. Fuck that. I buy the 30ml jimmies for 18. Or like I will do start going to order from mt baker. I can't to much with these stores anymore.

Before you go to MtB,check out V-rod vapors.
https://www.v-rod-vapors.com/store/
not as large of a selection but it's some damn tasty stuff.
my personal fav is the cool breeze.;)

Johnny_Ek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just ordered 90ml of juice from sauz its a sample pack for $22 with shipping I'll let you know how they are.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Johnny. Let me know how it is that sound like a good deal of its tasty

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just like the guy said..its capitalism. If you dont like B&Ms for their high prices, dont go...and if enough people dont go, they either have to lower their prices or go out of business. Thats the beauty of the system we (kinda) have. The mall charges huge rental fees. So the owners charge more. I dont think they are necessarily assholes for doing it. I just dont go. If the market wont support the store, they will go out of biz.

Dont forget, 99% of these guys are small biz owners, sticking their neck out huge to try to make it. Don't think of them as the old monopoly guy with a curled mustache and manacle, swimming in dough.

I mean, if I can sell a subtank for $200, and the buyer is HAPPY, and its legal...i'll do it all day man.

Edited -- i am not a store owner so I dont have a dog in the fight. Just have strong views on capitalism. :)

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never said they were assholes. I'm just trying to see how these places can not see what's literally right in front of them.

SteveW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like having a local B&M, enough so that I recently paid $100 for a Sig 150 when I could have easily ordered one online for $70. Shopping locally, and having a product immediately, was well worth it to me. I don't feel the slightest bit of buyer's remorse. The store is staffed by knowledgeable folks who are interested in what they do, and are continually updating the store. I DIY, so I save a ton of money in that way. If a product is stupidly overpriced, I'll purchase it elsewhere. I wouldn't think of telling them that I can order something cheaper online. They're already fully aware of that. I almost always have to wait a few minutes for service, so they're doing something right.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Capitalism isn't always trying to screw everyone for whatever you can. That's just bad business which is not good capitalism.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get capitalism. I'm about everyone making they money. Just in a reasonable way that will keep ur business longevity going

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Someone like myself willing to drive 15min out of my way whether it be to buy juice or something else instead of literally walking to my nearest vape shop is a sign that customers have options whether it be online or if I'm really in mood for something at that very moment I go to store. I can go locally and buy a juice or two and walk out, not even look at there other stuff. Or I can go to the another place. Look at a way bigger selection of juice and walk out with 50 60 bucks of juice and if I really see something I want right then and there I buy it but do my research on my cell first. So the other shop just potentially lost more than a $100. Just for example

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Before you go to MtB,check out V-rod vapors.
https://www.v-rod-vapors.com/store/
not as large of a selection but it's some damn tasty stuff.
my personal fav is the cool breeze.;)
Vrod is run by a couple of the coolest people on the planet, Taver13 and DonaldBickers. I think very highly of them.
Also, if you have any questions about their juices, they are very easy to contact here on VU.

VU Sponsors