Become a Patron!

Which do you Prefer, Regulated or Unregulated Mod

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mechs mechs mechs. I've used a few regulated mods but I always go back to unregulated

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy both...the high powered IPV3 is hard to beat, but the mech has its place too..
389579b04738e1ae2642e3795fdf553a.jpg

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
For me, regulated all the way.

I like the options of fine tuning my vape and I like all of the built in protections.

I own one mech and even that has a Evolv Kick 2 stuck in it!

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I cannot claim exclusivity with mechanicals anymore, I ordered a Sigelei 150w last night. :D
My first regulated since the MVP2 I quit using a year ago.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nothing wrong with boxes by any means. I just prefer the mech mod experience. They are a little more high maintenance.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Regulated for the versatility... Not all regulated mods are cheap Chinese crap... Some pretty decent ones out there if you go "Authentic Chinese"...

BUT- my unregulated boxes are always there for the fun. With safe handling and proper usage- they are super reliable and are just... Just mechanical! Old school mechanical!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use both and in the past i would have said mech, but iv'e learned to appreciate regulated mods more. The constant wattage wins it for me.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to be really easy on my equipment. I have a provari v1 I got in dec 2011 still works, but those are build like a mech. I also have a dna30 clone box mod I got in July of 2014. And a Smok xpro m50/65 I got a few weeks ago. All still work as new. I did have a Chinese tube mod I used for a while that I did break. No visible signs of breakage, but I dropped it and it just wouldn't turn on. ~$40 and I used it for a few months, so yea some are cheap and delicate.

VU Sponsors