Become a Patron!

When choosing an e-cig 18650 battery?

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LooK This on ECF
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...0mah-but-a-decent-25a-2300mah-battery.715180/
Bottom Line
In my opinion, this is not a 40A or 2600mAh cell. It is, however, a decent performing 25A continuous discharge current (CDR) cell with a rated capacity of about 2300mAh. It can be run at beyond its CDR without dangerously overheating, though the voltage drops a lot.

You are so precious. You cherry-pick statements, and then give us the link so we can see what you're cherry-picking. My turn:

The 25R is a better performer when pulsed.

Or better yet, using your logic:

The 25R is a better performer

Your own cherry-picked quotes are an admission that the Tesiyi's are labeled incorrectly. "Hey look, our 40A battery is a 25A battery! Yay for us!"

I hope you've noticed that you're arguing with people who aren't changing their minds. Here's an example of how this stubbornness works outside vaping:

I just bought a Milwaukee brushless/cordless set because Milwaukee refuses to cave and label their batts as 20V. Dewalt caved, so Dewalt does not get my business.

Can Dewalt and other 20V-branded companies technically say their batts are 20V? Only if you do not use it. You only get to take the batt fresh off the charger and stick it to a meter. (5 cells at 4V each.) Because once you pull the trigger, it's a 18V batt. (5 cells at 3.6V each.) At best, it's fudging numbers. At worst, it's lying to customers for profit.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Isn't 40A the pulse rate and not continuous discharge rate?
Yes,It's not a 40A CDR battery, it's a 25A CDR battery tested by Mooch! we lable "Max discharging current:40A

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please. Just stop.

You've already proven yourself to be an unreliable company,. The way you've labeled your product NEEDS TO BE RECALLED in order for us to even begin to trust you. Until proven otherwise, your company and your batteries are of the lowest quality available in a global marketplace. You screwed up. You need to fix it. You need to correct what is wrong before anyone on this forum will ever consider buying your product(s).

I own a custom coil company. If I had 50,000 pairs of coils labeled as 0.25Ω, and they were actually 0.08Ω, I would do everything in my power NOT to have those coils end up in the hands of the end user, and I'm just a sole proprietor. You're a large company - FIX IT!!! Until then, I will highly recommend that people STAY AWAY from using ANY battery made by TESIYI.

Last edited:

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something wrong with you?

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please. Just stop.

You've already proven yourself to be an unreliable company,. The way you've labeled your product NEEDS TO BE RECALLED in order for us to even begin to trust you. Until proven otherwise, your company and your batteries are of the lowest quality available in a global marketplace. You screwed up. You need to fix it. You need to correct what is wrong before anyone on this forum will ever consider buying your product(s).

I own a custom coil company. If I had 50,000 pairs of coils labeled as 0.25Ω, and they were actually 0.08Ω, I would do everything in my power NOT to have those coils end up in the hands of the end user, and I'm just a sole proprietor. You're a large company - FIX IT!!! Until then, I will highly recommend that people STAY AWAY from using ANY battery made by TESIYI.

OK,I never say our battery is 40A CDR battery, I will statment again,we lable "Max discharging current:40A" This is a Industry commen lable.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So if it was a industry common thing to kill off a bunch of your customers it wouldnt be an issue to follow the trend? See where Im going with this...Chef and others are right and you just dont seem to grasp what hes saying.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another over-rated battery shill....damn that pisses me off.

What is so hard about just telling the truth?...people might buy products if the vendors weren't compulsive liars.

From Mooch's tests.

Tesiyi's discharge graphs on their web site are significantly different (better performing) from the ones I created when testing four of these cells. I am unable to explain this discrepancy.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know all the crap the government is doing to regulate the Vape Industry they need to go after the battery companies. They are the source of the dangers not only in Vaping but anything that uses high discharge/voltage batteries. The complete disregard to user safely and the malicious inflated ratings.... They need to be held accountable for their actions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know what this tesiyi rep reminds me of? The drunk guy who can barely stand up he's so fucking drunk. In fact, he's falling down. Then he was stupid enough to drink and drive, and when he was pulled over by a cop he keeps trying to convince the cop that he's only had 2 beers.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know what this tesiyi rep reminds me of? The drunk guy who can barely stand up he's so fucking drunk. In fact, he's falling down. Then he was stupid enough to drink and drive, and when he was pulled over by a cop he keeps trying to convince the cop that he's only had 2 beers.
Very good comparison...!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So question is, what is it a re-wrap of?

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Top cap check:

Teskyi 40a.jpg

fake_18650_topcap_compare_1024x1024.jpg

And Sony's are triple-pronged

Sony 18650.jpg

[I ran a cross quite a few websites selling "geniune" or "authentic" Sony's that had pics of fakes. It's not a secret that there are a lot of fakes floating around. It's just interesting that they actually felt comfortable enough to photograph them.]

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Top cap check:

View attachment 48176

View attachment 48177

And Sony's are triple-pronged

View attachment 48178

[I ran a cross quite a few websites selling "geniune" or "authentic" Sony's that had pics of fakes. It's not a secret that there are a lot of fakes floating around. It's just interesting that they actually felt comfortable enough to photograph them.]
Looks like a LG, probably a HE4....If their specs were accurate they would be using the HG4 but less then a handlful of organizations even have access to that battery (20a/3000mah)-it can be ran as high as 28A CD without heating up....its the only true 30A/3000Mah battery in 18650 size but I have EXTREME doubts that LG offered them the battery when they wont even offer it to most Laptop companies using it in applications that are no where near as demanding....hopefully in the next year or so they start sourcing it out...

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So question is, what is it a re-wrap of?

We did not re-warp any cells. Mooch said our discharging Graph is quite different form other cells.And we have our own manufacture.if you need, i can send you some our manufactory pictures or you can visit our webiste :http://www.tesiyibattery.com/about-us/ to view the manufactory pictures!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Unless LG gave you there Chem Design for their HG4 (laughable) then I doubt this is even possible (well Im sure "its possible" but I doubt it)....LG has made 18650's for almost a decade and they are one of the pioneers of the industry and have a crazy amount of money and research invested to produce said HG4...You say its the Labels that are flawed but you post on your site info that is just as improbable.
5c304e1b64367955632ca9c4fad32e44.png

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nope, It's NOT re-warp LG HE4 cell.it's our own cell.our Tesiyi cell internal resistance much lower than LG HE4,Mooch will make a comparision test between the famous 18650's battery about the battery internal resistance soon.
A battery with low internal resistance delivers high current on demand. High resistance causes the battery to heat up and the voltage to drop. The equipment cuts off, leaving energy behind.--from http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/rising_internal_resistance
And our battery internal resistance also much lower than Samusng 25R,so can explain why Samsung 25R get warm and Tesiyi still keep cool in Sub-ohm vaping by KCV‘s video:
So your telling me your company is further in research and technology then all the other Li-ion battery manufacturers? You have made batteries that are better then the near future tech?

I know how batteries work and how they are made, I just dont see a smaller company stepping over a larger company with less funding and less research...
I guess Ill wait for Mooch's results and see..

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is the alcohol equivalent of the Tesiyi battery tests done by their own techs:

Are-you-Drunk.jpg

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Post the UL standard your batteries conform to.

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another over-rated battery shill....damn that pisses me off.

What is so hard about just telling the truth?...people might buy products if the vendors weren't compulsive liars.

From Mooch's tests.

Tesiyi's discharge graphs on their web site are significantly different (better performing) from the ones I created when testing four of these cells. I am unable to explain this discrepancy.
I think most of the us misunderstanding we labled “40A”. Granted that is a 40A CDR battery,As a metter of fact, we lable "Max discharging current:40A.on the package.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bottom line they are average cells that perform fine at 20amp CDR and are only a 2300mah per Mooch's test.. Unless they cost less than any name brand cell why would anyone use your battery

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bottom line they are average cells that perform fine at 20amp CDR and are only a 2300mah per Mooch's test.. Unless they cost less than any name brand cell why would anyone use your battery
it's clearly shows:a decent 25A battery"

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it's clearly shows:a decent 25A battery"
So let me post Mooch's quote "
  • I am setting a CDR of 20A for this cell. While operating any cell near its rated maximum current causes damage to the cell, I would expect decent cycle life from this cell at 20A.
  • I am setting a capacity rating of 2300mAh for this cell.
  • I have included pulsed discharges but I haven't set pass/fail standards for pulse testing yet. The discharges were done at 30A-70A, 5sec on/30sec off, down to 2.5V. One chart shows the entire discharge at each level. The other chart is zoomed in to show the first 5 minutes to make it easier to see the voltage sag at different current levels.
  • This cell had decent pulsed current performance and, once it heats up a bit, can be pulsed at up to 50A without the voltage being uselessly low."

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So let me post Mooch's quote "
  • I am setting a CDR of 20A for this cell. While operating any cell near its rated maximum current causes damage to the cell, I would expect decent cycle life from this cell at 20A.
  • I am setting a capacity rating of 2300mAh for this cell.
  • I have included pulsed discharges but I haven't set pass/fail standards for pulse testing yet. The discharges were done at 30A-70A, 5sec on/30sec off, down to 2.5V. One chart shows the entire discharge at each level. The other chart is zoomed in to show the first 5 minutes to make it easier to see the voltage sag at different current levels.
  • This cell had decent pulsed current performance and, once it heats up a bit, can be pulsed at up to 50A without the voltage being uselessly low."
looks Mooch's relpy in the below:
"Dammit, I screwed up.
The title, Bottom Line conclusions, and the temperature stuff is correct. That bullet point where I set the CDR should say 25A, not 20A.

Thanks!"

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"Dammit, I screwed up.
The title, Bottom Line conclusions, and the temperature stuff is correct. That bullet point where I set the CDR should say 25A, not 20A.

Thanks!"
Yes I see that now... you know if your company did a promo of some kind on this forum maybe you could persuade them to try the cells. I just may try these in the future.. I personally think that even though the cell as Mooch said can even pulse at 50A having that 40A rating without explanation just confuses the general public .. Just some thoughts

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Dammit, I screwed up.

Thanks!"
Your label should state the actual CDR on it. If your label has a clear 25A CDR and actual mAh you can start establishing some trust and confidence.

tesiyi battery

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your label should state the actual CDR on it. If your label has a clear 25A CDR and actual mAh you can start establishing some trust and confidence.

As a matter of fact, most of the us misunderstanding we labled “40A”. Granted that is a 40A CDR battery, As a metter of fact, we lable "Max discharging current:40A.on the package.About capacity,All our battery capacity have been meet we lable,All the battery capacity will be check when come out the factory.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a matter of fact, most of the us misunderstanding we labled “40A”. Granted that is a 40A CDR battery, As a metter of fact, we lable "Max discharging current:40A.on the package.About capacity,All our battery capacity have been meet we lable,All the battery capacity will be check when come out the factory.
Wrong, Mooch's tests confirm it's a 25 amp CDR.

Until you're honest with your labeling you're just another unethical company

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta be a break down in communication because they have admitted it is not a 40a cdr cell but a 40a burst. But then they copy paste that it is a 40a cdr cell. They admitted to mooch that they mislabeled and will fix on the next run (whatever).
But on occasion the same copy paste pops up saying yes, we admit, this is a 40a cdr cell. Bullshitters to start till they got called out, now just a language barrier. That quote up there ^ is contradicting itself left and right but I don't think they know it.

25r has less sag and holds up better under burst so that has the lower IR.

Mooch says 25a, 2300 mah. Decent, not great. There are better for $5 to $6.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta be a break down in communication because they have admitted it is not a 40a cdr cell but a 40a burst. But then they copy paste that it is a 40a cdr cell. They admitted to mooch that they mislabeled and will fix on the next run (whatever).
But on occasion the same copy paste pops up saying yes, we admit, this is a 40a cdr cell. Bullshitters to start till they got called out, now just a language barrier. That quote up there ^ is contradicting itself left and right but I don't think they know it.

25r has less sag and holds up better under burst so that has the lower IR.

Mooch says 25a, 2300 mah. Decent, not great. There are better for $5 to $6.
Yep, they're in spin mode once they've been caught.

I'll stick with my Sony and Samsung batteries they don't BS on the ratings and capabilities of their batteries. You can get them at a good price. I just ordered 4 VTC4's for $6.85 each.

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reading this thread made me all warm and tingly inside. I'll say, I admire their tenacity to continue to try and legitimize their claims but, sadly, i don't think it's going too well. My first thought: If they have the resources to fund r&d as well as mass production of any lithium cell they would certainly have been able to hire a more qualified PR rep than this argumentative, back peddling, illogical clown. That being said, bwhahahahahahahahah! What?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Off topic but wait till someone mods this... Lol

http://gizmodo.com/this-monstrous-battery-can-charge-your-phone-for-40-day-1772000022

Meh... as I said in Joe's pimp thread for that, I've got the equivalent of two of those... in my smaller RV. :p

It's a (not released yet) ~120AH battery in an enclosure with multiple power points. Nice. :)

But my enclosures include full bathroom/shower, kitchen, entertainment and bed.
They're a bit heavier though. :D

Oracle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
There are many batteries on the market. And it is difficult for people to make a choose. From my perspective, the most important is the safety and UL certification is a very useful evidence. Few batteries have passed UL certification. Secondly, you will choose a suitable battery for your loved mod. Maybe you will need an enough
capacity battery, then you will make the most of your money to use your battery longer. Also you will choose a
high continuous discharge current to make sure you can enjoy heavy cloudy. Third, some people may take
temperature into consideration. At the same time of continuous discharge current, the cooler one will
be your like, which always from someone who used. The last I think is that the lower Internal Resistance,
the higher current will be export.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This reminds me of something.

One of the dumber things I did during my years of event bartending was create a Mat Shot. People are always fascinated by the idea that some drunks will gladly drink the spillage trapped inside the rubber bar mats. So I made a clean version as an extra-credit shooter. But no one wanted to try it. Here's how the conversations went.

Them: "That's a bad idea."
Me: "But it's awesome though."
Them: "We can't trust that shot."
Me: "But I made it though."

I made a shiny turd, but people knew it was still a turd.

Sort of like that's happening here:
VU: "Your battery specs are exaggerated."
T: "But it's awesome though."
VU: "We can't trust that battery."
T: "But we made it though."

VU Sponsors