What did you think of Obama's speech?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did anyone watch the State of the Union Address? What did you think of it?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
omg this woman giving the republican rebuttal has a voice like finger nails on a chalkboard if finger nails could whine, i have to turn this off

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought it was telling that Boehner didn't applaud when Obama said women deserve equal pay.
Generally the opposing party will not applaud unless it is on a mutually agreeable talking point. You should watch "Prime Minister's Questions".....picture a state of the union featuring FOUR parties!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Generally the opposing party will not applaud unless it is on a mutually agreeable talking point. You should watch "Prime Minister's Questions".....picture a state of the union featuring FOUR parties!
Exactly, why isn't it mutually agreeable that women should have equal pay, or that the minimum wage should be raised? I noticed he stood and applauded for going around the world killing "terrorists".

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly, why isn't it mutually agreeable that women should have equal pay, or that the minimum wage should be raised? I noticed he stood and applauded for going around the world killing "terrorists".
The Republican party is silently asking "Where is this money coming from?"

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like watching the Parliament in the UK, they yell at the speaker when they disagree. Can be very entertaining. American politicians make me sick, bunch of corporate lap dogs. Okay, time for a drink and off to bed before I raise my BP thinking about it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Paychecks are paid by employers, not by taxpayers nor the government.
Indeed.....and it is all tied to the value of a dollar which decreases proportionately with debt. When you have more money in the hands of the consumer....but no increase in purchasable items...you have inflation...etc etc etc. In the end, it gets balanced through taxation. So at the end of the day...it is through taxes. As far as the government.....do you recall the bailouts?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Indeed.....and it is all tied to the value of a dollar which decreases proportionately with debt. When you have more money in the hands of the consumer....but no increase in purchasable items...you have inflation...etc etc etc. In the end, it gets balanced through taxation. So at the end of the day...it is through taxes. As far as the government.....do you recall the bailouts?
Eh, equal pay for women and a long overdue raise to the minimum wage is simply a no-brainer. Spin it any way you like.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Another way to explain how money is not yours.......every single piece of "paper" US currency has "Federal Reserve Note" upon it. A "note" is a letter of debt. In this case, that debt is repayable the the federal reserve...which is backed by thin air. So when you are "paid" a dollar....what is actually happening is that you are assuming one dollar of government debt.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another way to explain how money is not yours.......every single piece of "paper" US currency has "Federal Reserve Note" upon it. A "note" is a letter of debt. In this case, that debt is repayable the the federal reserve...which is backed by thin air. So when you are "paid" a dollar....what is actually happening is that you are assuming one dollar of government debt.
I agree with that whole heartedly but I'd still prefer two dollars than one dollar in my pocket.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Eh, equal pay for women and a long overdue raise to the minimum wage is simply a no-brainer. Spin it any way you like.
Eh, I was not spinning anything..I was offering an explanation. When exactly in my post did I disagree that people should be paid more......please point it out because if I DID...I would most certainly retract it.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eh, I was not spinning anything..I was offering an explanation. When exactly in my post did I disagree that people should be paid more......please point it out because if I DID...I would most certainly retract it.
OK, sounded like you were rationalizing why Boehner doesn't support equal pay for women but if you weren't then my bad.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, sounded like you were rationalizing why Boehner doesn't support equal pay for women but if you weren't then my bad.
I would never accuse congress of rationale! I was merely shedding light on how it is common for the opposition to sit and look like they have full nappies.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Woulod be better off why that pedo Harry Reid is still a member of high standing with NAMBLA.

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
...I refuse to participate in a process that amounts to nothing more than voting to fill a clown car.

This! Haha!! Yes, that's really all it is any more. Bunch of freakin clown puppets. The only question is who's hand is up their ass and pulling the strings.

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Stick to religion, Padre.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yes he does! Sadly he rocks too much in the eyes of the Roman Curia....it is my fear that he will have a run-in with a bullet at some point. I pray for him daily....the Church needs him desperately.
I think some of the Cardinals will attempt a poisoning over an assassin with a bullet.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think some of the Cardinals will attempt a poisoning over an assassin with a bullet.
Perhaps...but that would risk incrimination. To this day we can not know for certain who made those three attempts on Pope St John Paul II.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't know. I didn't watch it and probably never will. Just the same as I will never vote.. never have never will. It's all going to be shitty. The only president I would have voted for ever was JFK

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wouldn't know. I didn't watch it and probably never will. Just the same as I will never vote.. never have never will. It's all going to be shitty. The only president I would have voted for ever was JFK
Felt the same way with bush v2.0 winning the popular over Gore.. Yoda got my write in that year and changed my outlook on where I cast my vote.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
America is just a sad place to live. It's very twisted and ass backwards. They want you to put yourself into debt to go to college. That's if you're lucky because I've paid almost all my schooling myself and I go when I can afford it. So more than likely I'll never finish. I work my ass off to pay my bills oh and sometimes other people's bills. It makes me feel shifty when the lady in front of me has three cart fulls of groceries and pays with an ebt card. Shit I'm lucky to maybe be able to budget a hundred dollars for groceries. I know I'm ranting but I'm tired of it. I would be better off to move to another country. My boyfriend doesn't and won't vote either. I don't see the point of it. It's really really not going to make a difference unless the president is going to pay off my house and get me a new car.. And I doubt in a million years that will ever happen

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
poor-cow.jpg

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I can't stand to listen to Obama talk for more than 30 seconds anymore. But it was still amusing with the tv on mute and just watching Uncle Joe over his shoulder. That idiot is America's best kept secret.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't stand to listen to Obama talk for more than 30 seconds anymore. But it was still amusing with the tv on mute and just watching Uncle Joe over his shoulder. That idiot is America's best kept secret.
Uncle joe has his hand so far up his ass... who do you think moves obungle's lips for him?
Sure isn't the teleprompter in chief.
Listening to obungle speak without a puppet master or teleprompter is impossible.
I do not translate umuhnese.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shot that's exactly how it is. I'll just be the cow that floats around on a cloud and doesn't care ;)

“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you. ” - Pericles

As in...vaping (I could insert other things the government wants to ban/control out of existence *cough* guns *cough*) and some politician somewhere will make another dang law banning it or regulating or taxing it so much that it becomes for all intended purposes - "illegal"

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know which speech you're referring to, since just the sound of his voice annoys me.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not one word about working together ,even after the outcome of the mid term elections . He sets a poor example .

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not one word about working together ,even after the outcome of the mid term elections . He sets a poor example .
The entire speech was about working together. Didn't you listen to it?

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All I heard was veto this and veto that ,me this and me that dems . clap and rep . dont . Give away free this and free that but no way to pay for it . And I am no rep . or dem . You heard only what you wanted to hear , with all due respect .. The price of oil went down and he had NOTHING to do with that . Very little about foreign policy . Nothing about the global economy or some plan about international war on terror . Nothing about Yemen or a plan about our own border !! Nothing about our debt which is crazy out of control

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The frustration that exists today in America, stems from the belief systems that people have come to accept in their lives. If you break down the 2 basic ideas of how we are governed you will understand why we are a divided nation, and in my opinion this "Orator in Chief" has expanded that divide greater than anyone in recent history. Personally I have feelings that mirror both sides of the issues presented today and don't believe in the Bumper sticker approach to solving problems, saying things to appease one faction or the other and energizing deep feelings against the other.
You can't have it both ways! One can't say they want to work to compromise but if they don't agree with him then he will just say no ( veto bills) when they present their solution. Saying that they care for one segment of the population and demonizing the other and blaming them for all that's wrong is not a solution for correcting our collective problems. This goes for both sides of the argument!!
We cannot neglect some very basic realities in life, namely....
We can't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer,
Equality of opportunity does not mean equality of outcomes, ( each individual given an equal chance will not always succeed equally).
Governments cannot legislate morality, for who's to say what each individual believes is good or bad.
Be very concerned when someone wants to legislate for the COMMON GOOD, that usually means they want to screw someone for their own profit or power.
I apologize for pontificating but felt it necessary in light of whats going on, we here are a vaping community site, and are under constant bombardment of the "do good" government who want to stop our vaping endeavors for the "COMMON GOOD" It took me many years and lots of bad and good experiences to feel as I do. Many years ago I read Atlas Shrugged and didn't get it at all but when I re-read it a couple of years ago, it became so clear and relevant to what is going on today in America and the world.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Women have LONG since been paid equally, for EQUAL work. Anyone who says otherwise, TODAY in 2014, is just stirring the pot, and trying to cause uproar.

Anyone who is pushing for minimum wage hikes, are truly CLUELESS what kind of ripple effect that has on an economy. Many foolishly think it "helps" those working "poor" folks. No, it doesn't. Those day dreamers forget, that it ripples forth in the economy and rasies inflation. Not to mention, it DRIVES DOWN, the buying power of those already making more than minimum wage, causing the disappearance of the middle class, and growing the working poor class.

This is why some people should be barred from voting. Day dreams and wishes make piss poor policy and law.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All I heard was veto this and veto that ,me this and me that dems . clap and rep . dont . Give away free this and free that but no way to pay for it . And I am no rep . or dem . You heard only what you wanted to hear , with all due respect .. The price of oil went down and he had NOTHING to do with that . Very little about foreign policy . Nothing about the global economy or some plan about international war on terror . Nothing about Yemen or a plan about our own border !! Nothing about our debt which is crazy out of control
I'm no republican or democrat either, but the Republican's idea of cooperating and working together is Obama should do exactly what they say. That's no cooperation.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm no republican or democrat either, but the Republican's idea of cooperating and working together is Obama should do exactly what they say. That's no cooperation.
What's his excuse for the 2 years he had a Democratic controlled house and senate????

VU Sponsors