Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My order from lightning vapes came in today so I rebuilt the a-plus when I got home. The a-plus really shines with fused 28g wrapped in 36g claptons. The flavor punch is so good. I can't wait to drop this guy to the shorter 5ml tank and get my favorite drip tip on it.

Now to grill out and have a beer. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glad you’re back in the groove with building and vaping. Good for you!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Remember I was all excited about those wraps for the white minibooks? Well, I got the gray mermaid today, and I am so infuriated by it, I've submitted a return to the seller via amazon. Remember, I posted this image, which I copied from amazon's product description page:

View attachment 156424

But this is the wrap I got (I highlighted the infuriating part artificially, because that part WON'T EVEN BE SHOWN if I applied this wrap to my mod):
View attachment 156425

Yup. HER DAMN FACE would be completely cut off! Since it wouldn't be on the side of the mod at all, but completely wrapped around the front of it. That's bad enough, but to cut off HER FACE???? Totally unsat!!!

Furious
Andria

They totally misrepresented that. The artwork is nowhere near the same size, in proportion to the mod! What a disappointment.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry about that @AndriaD, had no idea they'd be that bad. :(

@ChainVapeS they ran me through the mill, too, but I'm glad you finally got your refund. What a PITA. I'll never order there again.

ETA: @AndriaD , you could possibly use that as a template, get some awesome looking contact paper, and with an exacto blade, make something you really like. What a bummer, though.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first few times I ordered from Sourcemore everything was great. This last time though, I too had to start threatening them with a paypal chargeback. I still don't have the item but it has made it through Customs in LA This was an order from 2-4. Yep, never again, I don't care how good their prices are.

Sorry @AndriaD, that bites

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I think that with everything going on over there now and the Chinese New Year most things coming from there are out of order.
I have to packages I ordered from Everzon on 12/23/19 that are finally in the states.
Both of them still show processing and tracking says "pre transit - the carrier has not shipped the package yet"

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think that with everything going on over there now and the Chinese New Year most things coming from there are out of order.
I have to packages I ordered from Everzon on 12/23/19 that are finally in the states.
Both of them still show processing and tracking says "pre transit - the carrier has not shipped the package yet"

That's pretty bad, jeez. That's the same date that I ordered from Sourcemore. My hope was to get it ordered, and shipped, before CNY, which it did, but then it just dropped off the map, like yours. Booooo. Both of ours should've gotten through since they took off before the major outbreak. I know it's bad and all, and I know how insensitive I sound. Just shouldn't have to fight for your money.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i ordered from 2F 1-14. CNY then corona, held it up, i understaand that and cut them slack. it was shipped 3-3, yesterday it hit LA.
idk what is up with that, unless my shipping was upgraded to air =that is possible.

now, how long it takes to get through customs = 1-2 months. but that is ok with me, as long as i get it, i'm good.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got email from FT, my Brunhilde MTL tank finally shipped. Ordered it Jan 12 thinking it might just make it through before the CNY holiday starts. Ship date was 3 days out then and it just kept being pushed out over and over. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for something from them, thank you (not) covid-19 :rolleyes:

Been using the Coppervape Tilemahos Armed for a few days now and it's turning out to be a very acceptable vape. So far I still prefer my Doggies for their TH and ease of filling, but I haven't experimented with the Tilemahos enough yet to have a final opinion on it.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After over a year of mixing for pods, I have had a bit of a re-adjustment period when it comes to mixing. Before pods, I was very much a 95/5 at 0.5-1mg mixer as I'd made a concerted effort to cut down on nic with the goal of quitting. With pods, I mixed 50/50 and had to up it to between 2-3mg in order to get a satisfying hit while ensuring the pod would wick. Since going back to building over the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to find my sweet spot and couldn't go straight back to 95/5 as the kayfun 5 won't wick it so I defaulted to 70ish/30ish. I've had a few issues with the vape being a bit harsh and mistakenly attributed it to still mixing between 2-3mg so I've been slowly cutting nic content but it was still too harsh. So, after work today, I had a thought and took my half bottle of 70/30 and decided to cut it with some vg to 80/20. Much better. That almost eliminated the harshness while keeping it nice and smooth with a tad bit of a throat hit. I think I'll just have to mix 2 bottles with 1 being for the kayfun and the other being for my squonk setup and the a-plus.

I'll likely keep cutting nic (currently at about 1.25-1.5mg) also because I'd like to hit the 0mg barrier at some point this summer. I did purchase a liter of nic a few days ago in case that doesn't work out but if it does, I do know that I'll want to have a vape while having a few beers around a fire or grilling out, etc.

Made 240 ml of Cromwells Custard

Would you mind sharing the recipe? I haven't had a custard vape in a long time and it sounds like something that needs to be in my life. haha

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry about that @AndriaD, had no idea they'd be that bad. :(

@ChainVapeS they ran me through the mill, too, but I'm glad you finally got your refund. What a PITA. I'll never order there again.

ETA: @AndriaD , you could possibly use that as a template, get some awesome looking contact paper, and with an exacto blade, make something you really like. What a bummer, though.

I don't know, actually. If they refuse to give me a refund, then I guess it's worth trying. But I'd rather have a refund and just send the stupid thing back to them, and post a nasty review on Amazon, AFTER I get the refund. ;)

I looked at a few others for a gray wrap, and there are some other vendors, so I don't know if it would be the same go-round... but I'm gonna try, anyway, because I really do want something gray, and AHD has some outstanding materials for a silverish driptip; I like the Silver Leaf, and also the Sterling Shimmer. So I could have a driptip that LOOKS metallic silver, without it actually being cold metal. Woohoo!!!

And oh, I got those 2 white minibooks today, so BlackoutVapor is definitely a good vendor. I wasn't seeing anything moving on tracking, but turned out it was just some incompetent numbskulls in Buffalo who didn't scan it when it came into the USPS there; really hadn't expected the mods till tomorrow or Monday, so that was a terrific vapemail surprise. :) Two mods for less than $54, including shipping. :) :) :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After over a year of mixing for pods, I have had a bit of a re-adjustment period when it comes to mixing. Before pods, I was very much a 95/5 at 0.5-1mg mixer as I'd made a concerted effort to cut down on nic with the goal of quitting. With pods, I mixed 50/50 and had to up it to between 2-3mg in order to get a satisfying hit while ensuring the pod would wick. Since going back to building over the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to find my sweet spot and couldn't go straight back to 95/5 as the kayfun 5 won't wick it so I defaulted to 70ish/30ish. I've had a few issues with the vape being a bit harsh and mistakenly attributed it to still mixing between 2-3mg so I've been slowly cutting nic content but it was still too harsh. So, after work today, I had a thought and took my half bottle of 70/30 and decided to cut it with some vg to 80/20. Much better. That almost eliminated the harshness while keeping it nice and smooth with a tad bit of a throat hit. I think I'll just have to mix 2 bottles with 1 being for the kayfun and the other being for my squonk setup and the a-plus.

I'll likely keep cutting nic (currently at about 1.25-1.5mg) also because I'd like to hit the 0mg barrier at some point this summer. I did purchase a liter of nic a few days ago in case that doesn't work out but if it does, I do know that I'll want to have a vape while having a few beers around a fire or grilling out, etc.

Would you mind sharing the recipe? I haven't had a custard vape in a long time and it sounds like something that needs to be in my life. haha

I only know how to mix it in 120 ml batches :) You can do the math for smaller batches.

4 ml Capella Vanilla Custard V1
1.6 ml Capella Vanilla whipped Cream
2 ml of 100mg/ml pg based nic (I mix similar strength as you do)
6 drops of Nu Naturals Nu Stevia - optional or substitute you preferered sweetener. Artificial sweeteners do not agree with me.
Balance of 120 ml is 50/50 PG/VG.
Shake well and let sit overnight. Vapes very well as pretty much shake and vape best if let age for 1 week but longer times do not improve anything.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I found these 5 that seem to contain enough gray to suit me... roughly in order of preference:

1-graygiraffes.jpg 2-gray-and-red-tree.jpg 3-space-gray.jpg 4-crocskin.jpg 5-hoarfrost-on-black.jpg

I gotta admit, those giraffes in sunglasses just amuse me. :D I actually like the last one, the hoarfrost on black, very well, but since I'm wrapping a white mod, it might look a bit odd with the white edges peeking thru all that black. :eek:

The gray and red tree would suit a white mod the best, but the white edges wouldn't really just kill the design on any of them except the last.

Andria
ETA: all 5 of those are from different vendors than the one who sold me that botched gray mermaid. That was really my favorite design, so it's a damn shame and disgrace they fucked it up so badly.

Last edited:

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only know how to mix it in 120 ml batches :) You can do the math for smaller batches.

4 ml Capella Vanilla Custard V1
1.6 ml Capella Vanilla whipped Cream
2 ml of 100mg/ml pg based nic (I mix similar strength as you do)
6 drops of Nu Naturals Nu Stevia - optional or substitute you preferered sweetener. Artificial sweeteners do not agree with me.
Balance of 120 ml is 50/50 PG/VG.
Shake well and let sit overnight. Vapes very well as pretty much shake and vape best if let age for 1 week but longer times do not improve anything.

Very cool. I need to order some green apple flavor so I'll have to throw the vanilla flavors in and pick up some nu stevia to give it a go. That sounds delicious. Thanks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very cool. I need to order some green apple flavor so I'll have to throw the vanilla flavors in and pick up some nu stevia to give it a go. That sounds delicious. Thanks!
It also make a good base to add a bit of bakery type cinnamon flavoring and or apple to.
And get the V1 VC. been vaping it for over 4 years with no popcorn lung, a hangnail or two though :)
the non V1 VC tastes of bile to me. got one bottle of it and tossed it and the juice I had made from it.

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Made me a new wallpaper for my phone.

4e3bb65947d6fb4e0205cbd020e699d6.jpg

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a good bit to do today and am wanting to start by hauling off our trash for the week but it is a bit cold out for now (we had a cold front come through) for me to get out in the barn and load up a few tires I'm wanting out of the way and take to the dump as well. Considering the wife is still asleep, I decided to make a cup of coffee, come upstairs, and rebuild the o-atty with one of the fused claptons I got from lightning vapes this week. Not too shabby for a chilly saturday morning. Only needs 30w and is a flavor monster. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got a secondhand Cycloid delivered.
Took it apart and cleaned it.
Squeezed a FresnoFog mech alien into an og O-atty.
Found a big fat 510 tip to go with.
It's working GREAT and I'm happy with the whole setup!
View attachment 156549

Mine is just a clone, but man I love those V1 O-attys. Haven't used mine in a while, time to pull one out and rebuild it. Something else can have a rest for a while! :)

I love the way that drip tip looks on yours.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered 3 Ram squonks from VapeNW to complete the color herd. Cleaned and re-wicked my on the road squonks for next weeks business trip.

The green and blue Rams I ordered got here yesterday, so my herd is complete. (I'm not going to pursue the Padauk wood one.) I'm leaving these new ones packed up for now, though. Already have two out in rotation and one waiting to be cleaned and packed up.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The green and blue Rams I ordered got here yesterday, so my herd is complete. (I'm not going to pursue the Padauk wood one.) I'm leaving these new ones packed up for now, though. Already have two out in rotation and one waiting to be cleaned and packed up.
Ten bucks.....that’s tempting.......

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

But you can still vape 0mg. A lot of people here do. It’s great to quit nic but you can still enjoy vaping!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ten bucks.....that’s tempting.......

Hard to beat 'em with a single-coil atty running about 0.25-0.35 ohms, along with the GV Athena and the Wismec Lux BF, which have also been available for cheap lately. All of them have different strengths, but all more than worth the money they go for now.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the first 8 from Illumn for 3.99 ea, found out Liion had them for $3.50 and got the rest there.
I think that shipping with Liion may have been a bit cheaper but not much.

Which ones? The HG’s? I was looking there before.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went ahead and ordered two of those skins (for my new minibooks) I was debating yesterday.

1-graygiraffes.jpg 2-gray-and-red-tree.jpg

I'll probably order one to go with the "prize" driptip from AHD, but I'll wait to see the actual driptip so I know what color I'm really looking for. It's so hard to tell anything from a pic on the www.

Andria

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm beginning the process of looking for a squonk mod as we speak. I'm looking for something that's good for a first timer, doesn't leak, uses a larger battery, and is reasonably priced, in other words cheap. I'm open to suggestions...:D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

That would be a good choice, I agree. Also a Recurve squonker would be good, for about the same price. Both single 20700 devices, the Pulse is regulated, the Recurve is semi-regulated. I'll see if I can find a Recurve link (did someone have one for sale in the Hardware thread recently?).

Yes, dub has one for $23 shipped, last mod on the list: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/13-23-mod-sale.520356/#post-2731689

Also:

https://eciggity.com/wotofo-recurve-squonk-mod/

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not in a million freakin years would I do THAT again.

really? Never had one but I would never in a million years do a Pulse squonk, the original one was crap.
I have an OG pulse squonker becuase someone else thought it was crap and gave it to me.
Might convert it to mosfet sometime...

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm beginning the process of looking for a squonk mod as we speak. I'm looking for something that's good for a first timer, doesn't leak, uses a larger battery, and is reasonably priced, in other words cheap. I'm open to suggestions...:D
I know you said cheap, but my favorite easy peasy squonker is the Topside. It is regulated, if that’s a turn off, but it uses a single larger battery(just got off work and my brain isn’t working very well....not sure which one) and it’s top filling, which makes squonking super easy.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing but vape for last several days. Also, sadly, been avoiding VU because I'm feeling an attack of shinyitus and I'm on a vape gear moratorium. Trying to save money for our trip to Colorado in a few months. Maybe I'll buy some more nic on payday. Maybe that will appease the shineyitus gods for a bit.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a 2.1
I'm not clear on all the diffs, but it came with the original box, too, so I'm sure...
Differences are mainly internal and structural. I know there's also some dimensional differences also as the v1 doors don't fir v2 and later. The v1 internals were much flimsier.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I got a secondhand Cycloid delivered.
Took it apart and cleaned it.
Squeezed a FresnoFog mech alien into an og O-atty.
Found a big fat 510 tip to go with.
It's working GREAT and I'm happy with the whole setup!
View attachment 156549
Looks awesome, really like the black and red.
They really are nice mods, mine's a 2.1 as well and I love it.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors