Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah I've got a ton more pics of Tuxie, and a few of Annabel... but I had the rest of the site done, so I decided to go ahead and publish what I had, and fill in more pics as I get the resizing done. I did have a lot of Tuxie's pics on another site, when I had my old hosting acct, but apparently a LOT of that stuff got gone when my HD crashed in the summer -- so Im having to re-download the original pics from the SD card in the camera, and they're HUGE, would make the site take forever to load.

Andria

Are you shooting photos in RAW? If not, I like Xnview for it's adjusting and batch features..very handy program for images in general.
It can even make HTML thumbnailed galleries. I use it as my general-use manager and simple editor.

Also, XnConvert if you just want the batch stuff without the whole image viewer/manager thing.

https://www.xnview.com/en/

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you shooting photos in RAW? If not, I like Xnview for it's adjusting and batch features..very handy program for images in general.
It can even make HTML thumbnailed galleries. I use it as my general-use manager and simple editor.

Also, XnConvert if you just want the batch stuff without the whole image viewer/manager thing.

https://www.xnview.com/en/

No, they're in JPG format. I use Photoshop for resizing, since it can drastically reduce image/file size without compromising photo quality. I'm also so at ease with Photoshop's various tools, that cropping out extraneous crap and zeroing in on the actual subject of the pic is a very simple matter.

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Refinished a couple of mods.

View attachment 133298
Hammond in Antique white with a red/gold flaked splatter pattern. Will be building this one up pretty soon.

View attachment 133299
Complyfe Vortex finished in Antique white, slightly distressed with a grey and a shimmer blue along the edges of the machining.
That mech looks so good. Like an ice cream cone. Can you put vanilla in the coating? :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, they're in JPG format. I use Photoshop for resizing, since it can drastically reduce image/file size without compromising photo quality. I'm also so at ease with Photoshop's various tools, that cropping out extraneous crap and zeroing in on the actual subject of the pic is a very simple matter.

Andria

Oh yeah, I've been a PS guy since v3. Just sometimes easier/faster to do quick resize/correct jobs in XnView then to load the beasts of PS and/or Lightroom. ;)

Content-aware fill is a certainly a miracle...no more endless cloning and futzing.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That mech looks so good. Like an ice cream cone. Can you put vanilla in the coating? :)

I can, it might not be suitable to eat though. Certainly isnt safe to breathe when spraying.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah, I've been a PS guy since v3. Just sometimes easier/faster to do quick resize/correct jobs in XnView then to load the beasts of PS and/or Lightroom. ;)

Content-aware fill is a certainly a miracle...no more endless cloning and futzing.

You're certainly right about the time to load Photoshop -- so I usually just leave it open all the time; that's one of the reasons I wanted the laptop I bought in 2015 to be FULLY loaded with RAM -- 16gb instead of the measly 8gb it came with. :D Got tired of fighting all the other programs that wanted RAM when I had PS open -- which was already pretty much all the time, but it was memory-costly, with my old PC that had so much less RAM.

Andria

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took the Pulse 80 out of my mod graveyard and put a new coil in it.

I tried cleaning the refill bottle out but it sat with juice in it for about 5 months. Oh well, I really don’t like squonkers anyways. I’m a glutton for punishment.

fa994038d26e3006656ad99456033340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rta's are pissing me off again. This is how the tank, rda, squonk cycle keeps going. How can an rta work great, flood, then get dry hits. wtf

Perhaps the wicking is getting caught in the threads when you turn the AF?
I've had that happen a few times, mostly on bottom AF RTAs

Most issues like that seem to come down to wicking, from what I've seen.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps the wicking is getting caught in the threads when you turn the AF?
I've had that happen a few times, mostly on bottom AF RTAs

Most issues like that seem to come down to wicking, from what I've seen.
Not possible with this one, although it probably is a wicking issue. I'm going to replace all the orings too. Maybe its a vacuum issue.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got my Cube from a contest win. No time to build the tank right now, but the mod is pretty neat.

Hey, that's cool. I like the look of that Cube. What color is yours?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Rta's are pissing me off again. This is how the tank, rda, squonk cycle keeps going. How can an rta work great, flood, then get dry hits. wtf

I managed to get a LEAK-PROOF Zeus RTA to leak, the first time I built it. Wicking, of course. Didn't have the wick completely tucked into its proper place, and it leaked all over the place.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

my Bellerpharon , I just can not get it to stop leaking. I thought I had it, but i just checked - NO :gaah:. but it did go 3 days though :)
if I didn't like it so much ....

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I managed to get a LEAK-PROOF Zeus RTA to leak, the first time I built it. Wicking, of course. Didn't have the wick completely tucked into its proper place, and it leaked all over the place.
I got the Aromamizer Supreme v2.1 from @Mykreign today but I’m having problems getting the wicking right. Going to be a learning curve. Can’t get it to not get dry hits. Burning through some cotton.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
They sent me a black one. This one is the MTL kit, 3000 mah, comes with a RTA instead of the subohm tank. Didn't have a chance to build it, yet, so I paired it with my Zeus. :) (pardon the dust on my keys, lol)

View attachment 133620

Very nice! No worries about dust - we live in the country, at the end of a long gravel road. There's dust everywhere here. Every time I open the front door it comes rolling in. :eek:. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They sent me a black one. This one is the MTL kit, 3000 mah, comes with a RTA instead of the subohm tank. Didn't have a chance to build it, yet, so I paired it with my Zeus. :) (pardon the dust on my keys, lol)

View attachment 133620

Looks nice!
I saw one advertised recently and thought it was a very nice-looking mod, kinda like my Sinuous P80, but a bit less plain. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I did today, vaping-related, is reply to a lot of total fucking idiots, and several intelligent vaping THR promoters, on Twitter about vaping... and remember why Twitter is so fucking addictive. Big Pharma needs to release a Twitter patch. :giggle: 'Course, it probably wouldn't work any better than the nicotine patch, and would cause untold side effects... like Instagram addiction! :giggle:

Andria

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got the Aromamizer Surpeme V2.1 wicking right and no leaking so far. Added the 8ml extension tube and glass for the drive home tomorrow. Picked up some cornbread pudding juice at a local vape shop here in east Texas. Ready to get home tomorrow as I have vape mail waiting and my son will be home from Sea Base in Florida on Sunday. Been a good spring break.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Swapped grungy wick for clean wick. Squonked & vaped a bit. Charged batteries putting them in buttery rubbers once charged. I'm sure they'll be more going on as the day goes by. Think I am at the "So, I vape" stage. Kind of get that way regarding most anything, that's me though and not anything with whatever. Seem to live in a perpetual state of cheery depression, or maybe its simply practical realism, I don't know. Not sure I care either.Excuse me, need some :coffee: . Reckon I'll, ...

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still out of town but will be headed home in a few hours and I’ll have vape mail waiting. Last of my prizes form a forum challenge the Core RTA is out for delivery. YAY!

Yesterday ordered a ton of juice from V3 and also ordered another Purge Truck clone in brass from eBay.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Tried an e-hookah setup this evening. Its a different vaping experience than I am used to overall but it was still pretty cool. Get some pics in the morning.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Funny, my thought was "oh, this will be a fun post for the "what did you do" thread. Vapers be weird.

The worst ones are the coil burns on various body parts. Especially on the lips, when RDA'ers forget to put the cap back on. :blech:

Andria

VU Sponsors