Become a Patron!

We love DOGS too...

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Extreme lapdog thats for sure. If either of us are sitting he is right on us. Absolutely hates kids though because they all want to hold him and carry him around. I grew up around cats my whole life so Im still learning a lot about dogs even after 5 years of living with two of them!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hope this doesn't turn out HUGE!!
This is Andy. I had the opportunity to work with him when I volunteered for service dog training many years ago. He was a smart little guy, but didn't make it all the way through the program. Instead, he made a family very happy as an extension of their family.

Andy.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This one is Georgia. She was a VERY intelligent Golden Doodle, took on the coloring of the Standard, but her hair texture, when longer, was much like the Golden. This was one very gifted girl. She made it almost all the way to being a Signal Dog for deaf/hearing impaired. Instead, she ended up working in a hospital somewhere in Chicago. I miss this girl everyday.

I did not put the birthday stuff on her. Her original handler brought her birthday treats and did this, LOL.

004c.jpg

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't sound surprising at all. Toys can be a really poor choice around young kids, bitey even.

Part may be fragility, and that combined with their size and how rowdy/grabby kids can be... :(

Some are rambunctious, outgoing, even bold like Chihuahuas can be, but usually only when they're young themselves. As adults, we treat them as the individuals they are, each according to their personality. Children have difficulty doing that. Scary. :p
We dont have children yet so he's living a pretty luxurious life. Just when we have small visitors he gets pretty nerved out. Otherwise he is an awesome dog and super smart no doubt. Love that little bugger

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vAIjRed_zpsyjbvddqw.jpg

VU Sponsors