We love cats

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_md6xeixDZB1qzcamuo1_500.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My new kitty, still bein' a curious kitty...
So much fun. And attention. Last bunch of pets were all adopted adult - this little guy is a handful!

I want UP!!! (yeah, that's my leg)
myleg1.jpg

A thoughtful pose. Where can I climb next????
thoughtful1.jpg

"Toner to the left of me, e-juice to the right. Stuck in the middle, I'll nap..."
nap-spot.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BTW, @Huckleberried -- I was gonna ask, but I figured it was more on-topic in this thread than the other -- how is Ms Penny reacting to the new kitty-baby? She ok with it? We've wondered how Tuxie might react, if we added a new kitten..

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
BTW, @Huckleberried -- I was gonna ask, but I figured it was more on-topic in this thread than the other -- how is Ms Penny reacting to the new kitty-baby? She ok with it? We've wondered how Tuxie might react, if we added a new kitten..

Andria
Penny will be 10 this summer, so very used to HER way. Only tonight has she allowed baby dude close enough to sniff her, I've had him since 6 days, now. She's not at all mean to him, she just stays to herself. More than her norm, lol. She does hiss at him, though - very normal for cats when one is already established. When Penny came into the house, Bosco was 6. He stayed under the guest bed for 2 solid days. Day 3, he was "nice" to her, but they soon were running and playing together.

I keep baby dude separate when I'm at work, but at night, when I'm home, they both have full access to everywhere.

Now, the dog... lol. The dog is IN MAD LOVE with this kitten. The kitten doesn't see a 90lb dog, he sees her as a really big playmate. :D She's very, very curious of the little guy.

Baby dude is named Fitz, after Fitz on Agents of Shield.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haaaa, Perfect name:inlove:

IKR??? :D

I'm so jelly, Huck. Everytime we go into PetSmart or PetCo for anything, I always go by and babytalk the kitties. It's been my thought that if we get a young-enough kitten, maybe Tuxie would respond with some previously-unknown maternal instinct (she was fixed just after her first heat). But I dunno... it will be interesting for sure, if we do get another cat. for my allergy, if nothing else! :giggle: But I have a lot of cat-deprivation to make up for, with 24-hr antihistamines being invented so late in my life. :)

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
IKR??? :D

I'm so jelly, Huck. Everytime we go into PetSmart or PetCo for anything, I always go by and babytalk the kitties. It's been my thought that if we get a young-enough kitten, maybe Tuxie would respond with some previously-unknown maternal instinct (she was fixed just after her first heat). But I dunno... it will be interesting for sure, if we do get another cat. for my allergy, if nothing else! :giggle: But I have a lot of cat-deprivation to make up for, with 24-hr antihistamines being invented so late in my life. :)

Andria
I don't fully know from experience, but I've read that bringing a female in, with a female in house, already, may go a little less favorably. I honestly don't know. I've always had a boy and girl kitty, so I wanted another baby boy. The kitten will do very well. The established kitty just takes a minute to figure out, "what they hell was she thinkin'?!"

VU Sponsors