Become a Patron!

We love cats

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love those ginger tabbies. That one of my ex's that was so small and goofy was a ginger tabby. :D

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So similar! We had a female wander into the courtyard we had behind the business. She decided to set up camp and gave birth. She was so beautiful, too. One night after we'd left, Momma decided she'd done her part and flew the coop. It was very weird. We continued to feed the babies, taking turns on Sundays at different times of the day to stop by and make sure they were fed, until they were old enough to eat regular kitten food. We did manage to find homes for all of them.

People in the neighborhood knew of our love for kittehs, and were always trying to bring more to us. We decided we could only tend to the ones that found us, though, we did have business of our own to take care of :D

So similar it's uncanny!! We usually work on Saturday's anyways but someone always has to go by on Sunday after Church to take care of the babies. One of the check out clerks at Kroger knows the story as well when I started showing up with a bunch of cat litter and cat food in amounts that was too large to ignore. :D

Our mother (Shelly) had a flea collar on her that on the verge of choking her when we found her pregnant and was leery of us at first but then I got close enough to remove it. Needless to say she stuck around and has been a great little cat to have ever since. One of them I named Reign and planned to take home with me but he took up with my Dad and that was that. :giggle:

I'll have to dig through my phone as I am sure I have some pics of the rest of the bunch.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You only thought you needed it. They knew you thought wrong. They're smooth like that ;)

And I of course took the only action available to a lowly human at that point. Find another chair. :giggle::giggle:

They're so beautiful!

Thanks! They've definitely made office life (when I'm not in the welding shop) much more interesting. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Find another chair.
download.jpg

Oh, I completely agree, they made our work day so much better, too. Stress relief! We really loved that little guy. The best part, he loved us back.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Damn, someone get that cat a wrestling contract.

And the poor look on the other cats face you can almost see the,"Well shit this didn't go as planned."

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@VaporCat all those babies are yours??? Oh that'd be heaven :) Beautiful family you have there.

The first two are mine, the two tuxedos and the cat with the hitler mustache live next door in a colony of five that I cat-sit a few weeks per year, so they are just like family. Three of those are rescue cats including one feral rescue that is the nicest cat in the world. In the space of just three houses around me, there are 14 cats total lol.

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thor01.jpg
Here is another cat that lives near me. This is Thor and he is a rescue cat. He was saved from a terrible fate and cannot be re-introduced into the wild. His living environment is closely monitored and inspected and he is very well cared-for. He is very friendly and doesn't mind dogs.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What kind of cat is thor, a bobcat? Amazing looking animal, I'm so pleased to know he was rescued from something awful. :)

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it a private environment he's in or was he taken in by a wildlife preserve?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He lives with his forever-rehabilitator in a rural area.

I'm curious; which kitty is that in your avatar? The headwear reminds me of Madame Ocelot... From "the other" forum, though she comes round here occasionally. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors