Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Clearly none of us nonstaff know what all was said but as I stated in my rant towards the op if I'm wrong then I apologize shit just comes off very wrong and I'm tired of hearing bashing of w&v while their trying to clear the air
edit: I totally agree with u that his time status or post count doesn't matter he'll I've only been on here since like may so ya

sent from the back of Otto's bus

No you have every right to be pissed off.
A Vendor that you know and like ended up in the hall of shame and now her time, money, and product is tied up.

It's members like you that make VU the best vaping forum on the web.
I appreciate each and every one of your posts
I don't have to agree with every one of them to appreciate them and value you as a member. :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I also apologize for the missing posts.
I saw that private information had been given out by someone other than the person who's information was posted.
Staff had to take action to fix this very quickly and posts got deleted.
Once again, I am very sorry as I hate censorship as much as you guys do.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No you have every right to be pissed off.
A Vendor that you know and like ended up in the hall of shame and now her time, money, and product is tied up.

It's members like you that make VU the best vaping forum on the web.
I appreciate each and every one of your posts
I don't have to agree with every one of them to appreciate them and value you as a member. :)
Well thank u and I appreciate u staffers also u guys and gals keep the gears lubed for us to play slip and slide mahahaha but seriously without u guys this place wouldn't see around or at least run a smoothly as it does, and as for ur next post, if the in for was given by any other then the op or w&v censorship was needed I wouldn't want my shit on blast unless it was by related parties otherwise I'd be livid

sent from the back of Otto's bus
Edit: OK so I didn't realize in my haste that I quoted a reply that had said info so I feel like a fucking tool sorry staff and op for that

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The posts that were suspended have been restored. This measure was taken to remove personal information from the posts. Doxxing or posting personal information on VU members is not allowed. Period. It does not matter if you have an argument, disagreement, or otherwise. It also does not matter if you are a vendor or a VU member, posting of personal information is not allowed.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this thread interesting since it's a good way to see how vendors deal with problems. I have not purchased from W&V but I was leaning toward using them as a vendor. While I can certainly understand the OPs frustration with lack of delivery, as a business owner I'm more sympathetic to W&V since the portion of the deal that failed (USPS delivery) is not within their control. Similar situations have happened to me, and there's nothing more frustrating that to have a dissatisfied customer when the root cause of the dissatisfaction is beyond my control.

I found their move to Priority Mail to be an excellent strategy and shows they want to be proactive about keeping these situations to a minimum moving forward.

But that changed when I saw (before it was removed) the name and other personal info posted by W&V in this thread. I don't care how much you feel wronged by the customer -- you just don't do that. A vendor who would do that is not someone I want to do business with.

If you got screwed by a customer, well the harsh reality of being in business is that it happens sometimes. Ban them from your store; take them to court; do whatever you think will make you feel better and whole. Or just grow a thicker skin (believe me -- that's often the best approach but it takes a while to come to that realization). Any vendor who takes the low road and posts customer info is not a vendor I'll risk doing business with. What if they got pissed off at me and posted my info?

I appreciate the vigilance of the VU moderators for removing that info.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah seeing personal info being posted is not the right thing to do at all. If the OP wanted to sue you he could definitely do that for defimation of character or something or for releasing personal information. Let this be a lesson to all. As mad as you get, don't post another person's info for all to see. This doesn't deter me from ordering again, but it does make me extremely weary with folks who have my info stored....

wake and vape

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i wish you guys would post the emails instead of elude to them. I have nothing to hide. And i am a victim of theft and i have no problem posting any and all facts since iknow everything i have posted is true and therfore i cannot be sued for slander.

Last edited:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That may be true. But deal with that stuff with the law if you were a victim of theft. As much as we do appreciate a vendor sticking up for themselves. Still there are certain things you can't do on these forums or in any circumstance like that.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That may be true. But deal with that stuff with the law if you were a victim of theft. As much as we do appreciate a vendor sticking up for themselves. Still there are certain things you can't do on these forums or in any circumstance like that.
I agree. I for one will not order from a vendor that post personal information no matter what the circumstance.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i wish you guys would post the emails instead of elude to them. I have nothing to hide. And i am a victim of theft and i have no problem posting any and all facts since iknow everything i have posted is true and therfore i cannot be sued for slander.

That is up to the OP to do if he wants to do so. As staff and moderators, we cannot post personal emails or communications of VU Members. It would be unethical if we did.

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found their move to Priority Mail to be an excellent strategy and shows they want to be proactive about keeping these situations to a minimum moving forward.
But that changed when I saw (before it was removed) the name and other personal info posted by W&V in this thread. I don't care how much you feel wronged by the customer -- you just don't do that. A vendor who would do that is not someone I want to do business with.
If you got screwed by a customer, well the harsh reality of being in business is that it happens sometimes. Ban them from your store; take them to court; do whatever you think will make you feel better and whole. Or just grow a thicker skin (believe me -- that's often the best approach but it takes a while to come to that realization). Any vendor who takes the low road and posts customer info is not a vendor I'll risk doing business with. What if they got pissed off at me and posted my info?
I appreciate the vigilance of the VU moderators for removing that info.

Yeah seeing personal info being posted is not the right thing to do at all. If the OP wanted to sue you he could definitely do that for defimation of character or something or for releasing personal information. Let this be a lesson to all. As mad as you get, don't post another person's info for all to see. This doesn't deter me from ordering again, but it does make me extremely weary with folks who have my info stored....
Exactly, this ^ ^
Bold emphasis mine.

Dast1n

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@wake and vape
i am a victim of theft
So, let me get this straight: You can hold a customer's money while waiting for USPS to investigate a lost package claim and it's completely normal but when the customer's credit card company holds your money while they look into a disputed charge it's theft?

In this case i am going to try to press charges for theft and credit card fraud.
I'm curious, who do you believe actually stole from you? The customer who disputed a charge or the credit card company who pulled the funds back? The credit card company is the only one that took anything from you without your consent and I very much doubt that you would get very far with claiming it as theft. Your other criminal accusation is of fraud: Is it really fraudulent for a customer to dispute a charge when they received neither the merchandise they paid for or a refund when it was not delivered? Nope, the credit card dispute process is completely legit and exists for exactly this kind of situation.

everything i have posted is true and therfore i cannot be sued for slander.
I really think you should think twice before throwing out further false accusations of criminal activity because that is clearly defamation. (And by the way in this case the tort would be libel not slander.)

Now considering that you have already damaged W&V's reputation by maliciously posting your customer's private information on a public forum don't you think it's time you stopped these baseless threats and allegations before you dig yourself even deeper into a hole?

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
emergency-loa.jpg

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@wake and vape

So, let me get this straight: You can hold a customer's money while waiting for USPS to investigate a lost package claim and it's completely normal but when the customer's credit card company holds your money while they look into a disputed charge it's theft?

I'm curious, who do you believe actually stole from you? The customer who disputed a charge or the credit card company who pulled the funds back? The credit card company is the only one that took anything from you without your consent and I very much doubt that you would get very far with claiming it as theft. Your other criminal accusation is of fraud: Is it really fraudulent for a customer to dispute a charge when they received neither the merchandise they paid for or a refund when it was not delivered? Nope, the credit card dispute process is completely legit and exists for exactly this kind of situation.

I really think you should think twice before throwing out further false accusations of criminal activity because that is clearly defamation. (And by the way in this case the tort would be libel, not slander.)

Now considering that you have already damaged W&V's reputation by maliciously posting your customer's private information on a public forum don't you think it's time you stopped these baseless threats and allegations before you dig yourself even deeper into a hole?
Except you got a refund (via PayPal) AND you're doing a chargeback to get a second refund for the same purchase. How is that right?

You should either refuse the paypal monies or contact the card company and recant the chargeback.

Dast1n

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@outwest Read up the thread bud. You will see a timeline of events showing how the credit card dispute was initiated long before any refund was made. Unfortunately the vendor's choices to delay issuing the refund and using paypal instead of a refund to the credit card both played against her in this situation.

Rest assured the credit card companies are pros at this and once W&V proves a refund was issued the dispute will rule in favor of the vendor.

And yes, I guess I could help speed up the process by contacting the credit card company but after all the abuse W&V has directed towards me I haven't felt the need to do so. In fact, I think there's a certain poetic justice in making her fight or wait for her refund the same way she made me fight or wait for mine. Feel free to hate.

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@outwest Read up the thread bud. You will see a timeline of events showing how the credit card dispute was initiated long before any refund was made. Unfortunately the vendor's choices to delay issuing the refund and using paypal instead of a refund to the credit card both played against her in this situation. Rest assured the credit card companies are pros at this and once W&V proves a refund was issued the dispute will likely rule in favor of the vendor.
So you're going to roll the dice on whether the card company grants the refund instead of contacting them and recanting the chargeback? Why did you accept the paypal monies if the chargeback was already initiated? It really sounds to me like you're hoping to get paid twice.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you're going to roll the dice on whether the card company grants the refund instead of contacting them and recanting the chargeback? Why did you accept the paypal monies if the chargeback was already initiated? It really sounds to me like you're hoping to get paid twice.

Once the vendor shows that a refund has been made and said refund is verified (which, with PayPal is straightforward) the charge back is reversed and the monies are put back into the vendor’s merchant account. There’s zero chance of the OP getting paid twice. There is a 100% chance of W&V needing to fill out a bunch of forms to go through the CC dispute reversal process.

He’s not committing fraud since, at the time the charge back was initiated, he did not have the refund in hand.

Granted, he could have refused the PP refund since a charge back had been initiated. Personally, I would not have had I been in his situation. There is a risk that the charge back would not be resolved in his favor. When refund money is offered, you take it.

He could call the CC company and request that the charge back be stopped now, but if a vendor posted personal info about me on a public forum, I sure would not be willing to cut them any slack.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have said this before and I'll say it one more time!!! LET IT GO!!!!!! We have beaten this dead horse until there is nothing left. Everytime someone post their opinion, here we go again! A lot of things have been said by all parties that are exaggerated. But it's over!!!!!! Please don't let our vape community become THIS!!!!!! I promise I'm done!!!!!! I would kindly suggest we move on!!!!!

wake and vape

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Everyone,

I feel i was scammed but i will stop kicking a dead horse.

I will take responsibility for calling out a persons name on a public forum. I am sorry and that was a mistake that i wont make again. I now realize this is a serious breach of online etiquette. Until now i have been mostly a facebooker where poster identity is not hidden.

I was still thinking that this was the Hall of Shame area, feeling that while a person can call out a Vendor for screwing them over, a Vendor can also call out a customer for the same reason. I now realize that this way of thinking is flawed. Wont happen again.

i have done my best with this particular customer, and did everything I could to appease him short of giving him an immediate refund when the package was still in transit. I made claim with usps etc i was in constant contact with him. He was super amiable in email but is nasty on the forums.

I even changed the shipping policy of our company and since yesterday have been sending the majority of our orders priority mail. instead of first class We send MANY packages a week so this is a big decision that i made quickly. Even though first class is mostly good...it has occasional slow deliveries...

I am new to selling retail online but learn fast and am flexible to change. I want nothing more than to not let anyone down, but sometime situations just get out of my hands and sometimes i make the wrong decision since i am human. I can only learn and move on.

I am done posting on this thread. IT has upset me enough. i am going to go back and do what I do which is sale vapes. The dream is free the hustle is sold separately.

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am new to selling retail online but learn fast and am flexible to change. I want nothing more than to not let anyone down, but sometime situations just get out of my hands and sometimes i make the wrong decision since i am human. I can only learn and move on.

I am done posting on this thread. IT has upset me enough. i am going to go back and do what I do which is sale vapes. The dream is free the hustle is sold separately.

Fair enough, now we all move on!
*bold emphasis mine

edit: I vote for this thread to be closed as it is baked.

Last edited:

MattyRetro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Such a frustrating thread. Why do people have to be so thick headed some times.

MonsterClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Everyone,

I feel i was scammed but i will stop kicking a dead horse.

I will take responsibility for calling out a persons name on a public forum. I am sorry and that was a mistake that i wont make again. I now realize this is a serious breach of online etiquette. Until now i have been mostly a facebooker where poster identity is not hidden.

I was still thinking that this was the Hall of Shame area, feeling that while a person can call out a Vendor for screwing them over, a Vendor can also call out a customer for the same reason. I now realize that this way of thinking is flawed. Wont happen again.

i have done my best with this particular customer, and did everything I could to appease him short of giving him an immediate refund when the package was still in transit. I made claim with usps etc i was in constant contact with him. He was super amiable in email but is nasty on the forums.

I even changed the shipping policy of our company and since yesterday have been sending the majority of our orders priority mail. instead of first class We send MANY packages a week so this is a big decision that i made quickly. Even though first class is mostly good...it has occasional slow deliveries...

I am so glad I found this thread, so I know there's lots of problems with your store and that your not reliable. its also good to know that you will get hostile and post the personal info of people who disagree with you, or don't like your company because of a very bad experience. and how you blame the customer for wanting there money back that they worked hard for. and how make up lies and says whatever sounds good to other people. and... should I continue? I would also like to know why today some of you box mods suddenly went up by about $40 when you were selling them for $70. now its pretty easy to find a store with the same box mod for cheaper.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors