Become a Patron!

VTC Mini Not Hitting Temp in SS

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

I think l might have a issue with my Evic VTC mini in SS temp control. It seems that it never hits the temp I set it for. I have it set between 450-480 and as I watch the screen while vaping it, the temp will fluctuate right below what I have it set for. No matter how high I set my watts it still does not hit temp.

The vape is great but I'm just wondering if there is an issue. I am using a Herakles plus with the SS .2 coil at 60 watts in the preset 316L setting. The Herakles Plus has massive air flow so I was thinking that might be an issue as I have both top and bottom wide open. This just started happening recently, any ideas?

Thanks.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Possibly the base resistance isn't locked in or reading correctly.
The factory preset works well on mine with SS316L at 420 - 450F but much better with a TCR setting of 125.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always marry my tank and coil when they at room temp and make sure to lock the resistance. I'll try that TCR setting. Thanks

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The TCR of SS316L is 092 but that didn't get the wire warm in mine. I played around and settled on 125.
On my SXmini 092 worked fine but I liked 095 better. That suggests to me that the eVic is not that accurate .

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TCR of SS316L is 092 but that didn't get the wire warm in mine. I played around and settled on 125.
On my SXmini 092 worked fine but I liked 095 better. That suggests to me that the eVic is not that accurate .
I set it 125 and it's working like it did before it got all wonkey on it. I also tried the 092 on the Evic and the RX and didn't work well at all. I don't expect to be all that accurate considering the price, maybe they will put out another update to remedy that? Who knows... Thanks for the tip.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad to help. If your interested 366 works well for Ti 1 wire.

VU Sponsors